BattleMech Balance

20517 replies to this topic

#7481 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

What about the Enforcer? Surely the Fedrats would want their medium in as well!

#7482 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

View PostTkhaw, on 04 March 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

What about the Enforcer? Surely the Fedrats would want their medium in as well!
The Enforcer doesn't have enough common variants - it has just the two (the ENF-4R & the ENF-5D) plus the personal 'Mech of Daniel Weylan (a member of the Fox's Teeth) as a Hero 'Mech.

Additionally, the Enforcer III does not come into being until 3059, and doesn't get a third variant until 3062, to it's out for timeline reasons.

#7483 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:21 AM

View PostButane9000, on 04 March 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

Here's my guesses for the following mechs since the Banshee turned out to be right (By order of appearance).

Assaults: Zeus, Mauler, Cyclops

Heavies: Guillotine, Lancelot, Marauder/Black Knight (Marauder if they decide to ignore Harmony Gold, Black Knight if they don't)

Mediums: Vindicator, Clint, Hatchet-man

Lights: Javelin, Mongoose, Hermes

As badly as I want the Marauder (with the 3R, 3D, 5D, and 5M variants being selected), it's probably not going to happen until Harmony Gold USA either liquidates or has a complete staff turnover (including the executives). <_<

I suspect that PGI would be doing some sort of "Clanbuster Pack" sale for a Battle of Tukayyid game/community event (as Thomas D. mentions/hints-at Tukayyid, from an in-universe/RP perspective, in his recent post here - "I heard that a major operation was going to go down in May of next year on or around Tukayyid."), which could tie up those 'Mechs with a Clanbuster variant (the Hussar, Wyvern, Champion, Black Knight, and King Crab) until around this time next year (that is, early 2015).

For the Heavies, that leaves the Grasshopper, Guillotine, and Lancelot as the ones having enough timeline-appropriate variants & no legal issues.
With two 60-tonners & three 65-tonners already in-game (versus one each at 70 tons & 75 tons), I would expect that the 60-ton Lancelot might be passed over in favor of fleshing-out the heavier end of the Heavy class.

In addition to the Zeus, Mauler (which means they're going to use the Daboku and/or the non-canonical Linesman as "variants", and/or introduce C3 for the MAL-C variant), and Cyclops, the Assaults still have some options in the Charger and the Hatamoto.
With there being only 1-2 'Mechs in each weight bracket thus far (in comparison three 65-tonners, four 55-tonners, three 50-tonners, and three 35-tonners), they could go pretty much any way other than 95 tons (as the Banshee is the only one with enough current variants) or 100 tons (assuming the KGC will be tied up for a hypothetical Clanbuster Pack).

In addition to the Vindicator, Clint, and Hatchetman (whose inclusion/exclusion likely goes hand-in-hand with the inclusion/exclusion of melee combat), the Medium class has plenty of options: the Assassin, the Crab, the Dervish, the Hermes II, the Sentinel, the Vulcan, and the Whitworth.
With there being three 50-tonners & four 55-tonners already in-game (versus one each at 40 tons & 45 tons), I would expect PGI to focus on fleshing out the lighter end of the Medium class in the near-term.

The Lights also have a number of additional options (beside the Javelin, Mongoose, Hermes): the Thorn, the Hornet, the Mercury, the Panther, the Wolfhound, and finally implementing the already-announced Flea.
With there being three 35-tonners in-game but only one of each other weight bracket thus far, the next Light could go into any of the lighter brackets.

In summary: I think we should probably expect lighter Lights, lighter Mediums, heavier Heavies, and lighter Assaults for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Strum Wealh, 04 March 2014 - 09:11 AM.

#7484 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:42 AM

Here is the mech line-up I'd like to see (minus the HG ones). Also, this is assuming PGI flexes their creative license if there aren't enough variants currently. Of course I am a Medium fan so BRING ON ALL THE MEDIUMS! <_<

Light -- Wolfhound
Medium -- Hatchetman, Crab, Enforcer, Vindicator
Heavy -- Champion, Guillotine
Assault -- Zeus, King Crab

#7485 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 04 March 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

With there being three 50-tonners & three 55-tonners already in-game (versus one each at 40 tons & 45 tons), I would expect PGI to focus on fleshing out the lighter end of the Medium class in the near-term.

4 55 Tonners

Kintaro, Shadowhawk, Griffin and Wolverine.

I also agree about fleshing out the higher end of the weight classes. Which is why I didn't list any 50-55 tonners for mediums. It's also why I listed a 70 and 75 ton heavy. While we could see the 70 ton grasshopper I believe PGI will opt for the lighter Lancelot instead.

Personally I don't see them adding a third 20 ton. The Locust is meh in game at best and extremely fragile. The Flea will most likely not fare any better. I expect to see more 25 and 30 ton light mechs. If they add the Hermes as a light I doubt they will add the Hermes II. and vice versa.

They've talked about Melee in the game and while it's not in yet they've been adding mechs will known strong melee options (YLW & Banshee). So if they seriously intend to do melee down the line the Hatchet-man seems like a no brainer.

As for the Mauler they have stated their working on it but that doesn't necessarily mean it's for MWO. Could be for another unannounced project. Considering that they'd have to use the Linesman and Daboku units to fill it out or make one of their own it's questionable in status.

#7486 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 04 March 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

I suspect that PGI would be doing some sort of "Clanbuster Pack" sale for a Battle of Tukayyid game/community event (as Thomas D. mentions/hints-at Tukayyid, from an in-universe/RP perspective, in his recent post here - "I heard that a major operation was going to go down in May of next year on or around Tukayyid."), which could tie up those 'Mechs with a Clanbuster variant (the Hussar, Wyvern, Champion, Black Knight, and King Crab) until around this time next year (that is, early 2015).

Wow! A Clanbuster Collection would be great.
PGI could release the mechs (Hussar for light, Wyvern for medium, Black Knight for heavy, and King Crab for assault class) along with their Clanbuster variants.
It would also be a great opportunity to launch the IS secret weapon: melee.

#7487 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Everyone knows that the Kintaro isn't a real 55-tonner, so it's fine to ignore them.

They should load up on more 40 & 45 ton mechs though. As for the locust, yeah, by and large, it's crap. There are a few pilots that can do some work in them. Well, ok, half the time they're running around and out of the blue a bolt of lightning (or artillery, or a gauss) will blow one of their legs off, but that's the Locust Life. Other times they're running around like a biblical plague doing 400+ damage and getting 4 kills.

#7488 M0RG0TH

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

We need another two excellent pieces of BattleTech Art. The Warhammer and the Marauder!!!

#7489 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

My take on the subject:

Light -- Urbie
Medium -- Vindicator
Heavy -- Grasshopper
Assault -- King Crab (Love my crab noodles!!!)

#7490 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

I'm actually pretty excited for their take on the Mauler.

Banshee is ugly as hell though and not cool-ugly like the Atlas, ugly-ugly, like this fella:

Posted Image

yes, I went that far.

#7491 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostIqfishLP, on 04 March 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

Banshee is ugly as hell though and not cool-ugly like the Atlas, ugly-ugly, like this fella:

Posted Image

yes, I went that far.

Banshee is officially the least interesting visual design in the game. It officially makes the Trebuchet look like Kate Upton. And the Hero is basically a slightly lights (yet absolutely no smaller) Atlas, with the weapons sides switched. Still, the Banshee-E with all torso weapons should be a TANK when it arrives, especially with those bulky arms and a standard engine.

#7492 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 March 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Banshee is officially the least interesting visual design in the game. It officially makes the Trebuchet look like Kate Upton. And the Hero is basically a slightly lights (yet absolutely no smaller) Atlas, with the weapons sides switched. Still, the Banshee-E with all torso weapons should be a TANK when it arrives, especially with those bulky arms and a standard engine.

Agree. This is how a Banshee should look:

Posted Image

But I totally forgot who created this wonderful piece of art. Must be an awesome guy. :rolleyes:

#7493 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

View PostIqfishLP, on 04 March 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

Agree. This is how a Banshee should look:

But I totally forgot who created this wonderful piece of art. Must be an awesome guy. :rolleyes:

Actually, have it on good authority he is an arrogant know it all jerk. And also, a total noob.

#7494 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

Now that the Assault mech gap has been filled, the next assault mechs I would like to see would be King Crab, Zeus, and Hatamoto variants: Chi,Hi,and Ku (though the Ku variant might need some work).

#7495 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

View PostWill9761, on 04 March 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

Now that the Assault mech gap has been filled, the next assault mechs I would like to see would be King Crab, Zeus, and Hatamoto variants: Chi,Hi,and Ku (though the Ku variant might need some work).

as far as we know....the Mauler is already "in the works"
refering to the used release schedule on mechs, we might see the next assault ( if the clan mechs aren´t interfering ) in about 4 months..( which "should" be the mauler... )

so as i presume, the next unknown assault could hit us in about 8!!!! months....so wether it could be the Zeus, King Crab, Hatamoto Chi....or whatever... we won´t know for a EFFIN!!!! long time!!! :rolleyes:

#7496 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:00 AM

Med VIndicator and Heavy Lancelot please? :P

#7497 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:55 AM

Clanbuster pack my guess

BL9-KNT Black Knight

#7498 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

View PostIqfishLP, on 04 March 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

yes, I went that far.

Ugly it's ugly (the redesign is a little less eye-hurting) , but it drives better than you think and with greengas it's also extremely cheap to run :P

MWO's Banshee isn't appealing, but cbill versions look to be way more interesting than I thought, especially 3S and 3E, to a point I may perform a comeback after months to give it a try on the 19th :ph34r:.

I mean, functionality sometimes wins over emotionality.. despite the hero, which is poorly thought compared to cbill variants.

#7499 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

OK, so I had said I'd like to have the Champion in-game and I do see it repeated several times. I would like PGI to make a modification though. In the Champion, all weapons are torso mounted making the arms useless wings. While I do like that as an option (read variant) I would like to see other variants make use of the arms.

Posted Image

#7500 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

View Postcdlord, on 05 March 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

OK, so I had said I'd like to have the Champion in-game and I do see it repeated several times. I would like PGI to make a modification though. In the Champion, all weapons are torso mounted making the arms useless wings. While I do like that as an option (read variant) I would like to see other variants make use of the arms.

Posted Image

some more nonhumanoid mechs would be wonderfull. Alex's does amazing work witth those

84 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 84 guests, 0 anonymous users