• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:12 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 06 May 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

Gauss, 2 ER PPCs & 26 DHS

That should work nicely, just a half ton of armor to strip.

Posted Image

You can't strip armor...

#8062 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostKaptain, on 13 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

You can't strip armor...

And it is still a half ton overweight.

#8063 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

And the CBill mech this month is

NONE

Predrag Stanisic@JudgeRedeemer 1h
@russ_bullock new mech this month or?

Russ Bullock@russ_bullock
@JudgeRedeemer another new Hero mech of an existing chassis. More hints and info later in the week or early next.

Wow, now this will get lots of greed responses i would guess.

Edited by Wieland, 13 May 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#8064 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostWieland, on 13 May 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

NONE

They already said no new 'Mechs in May. Why are people expecting a new chassis?

#8065 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostKaptain, on 13 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

You can't strip armor...

Armor TYPE cannot be changed, but armor AMOUNT can. They clarified that in one of the VLOGs (second one, maybe?).

NONE

They are working on finalizing the Clan mechs - this is exactly what they stated would happen a couple months ago.

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 13 May 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Because there is not an easy way to find this information if you don't know where to look. Shoot, I know where to look and I have trouble finding anything...

#8066 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 13 May 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Well, people would atleast expect some new variant of an old chassis.
But no CBill mech at all?

#8067 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostWieland, on 13 May 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Well, people would atleast expect some new variant of an old chassis.
But no CBill mech at all?

There will probably be a new champion or trial mechs - there usually is, and that takes little to no resources to add.

#8068 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

If they go for 2 Clan mechs per month(latest info) instead of 1 Clan and 1 IS mech per month(old info), this could turn out to be several dry months for IS only players.
This would mean no IS mechs, except heroes, till october.

#8069 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

View PostWieland, on 13 May 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

If they go for 2 Clan mechs per month(latest info) instead of 1 Clan and 1 IS mech per month(old info), this could turn out to be several dry months for IS only players.

That could be true, but not necessarily mutually exclusive. The Clan mechs will already be finished, so they can role those out without any additional work. Just like they did with the Project Phoenix mechs, they can release the already-created Clan mechs along with a new IS "Clan buster" mech that complements them.

I believe they are releasing 2 Clan mechs per month just because they want to get them rolled out relatively quickly to allow them to start promoting the next package. I'm all for that.

#8070 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostWieland, on 13 May 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

I'd care...if new mechs made the game more fun. They don't...same weapons, same general hardpoints...nothing new. So exciting. :/

#8071 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostGhost Badger, on 13 May 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

I'd care...if new mechs made the game more fun. They don't...same weapons, same general hardpoints...nothing new. So exciting. :/

They certainly don't make the game worst.

Besides, what do you think is keeping me here? Not the hopes for a faraway Community Warfare (which I don't even know if will be satisfactory).

PGI has 2D and 3D artists: let these guys work at full steam.

#8072 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostOdanan, on 13 May 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

They certainly don't make the game worst.

Besides, what do you think is keeping me here? Not the hopes for a faraway Community Warfare (which I don't even know if will be satisfactory).

PGI has 2D and 3D artists: let these guys work at full steam.

Same here. As long as core game is fun (for me, it still is) I'm perfectly satisfied by PGI delivering fresh load of Alex Iglesias awesomeness once a month. And occasional new map.

Honestly - as much as I see bickering over recent models (mostly unfair, as they are still leagues better than 80's art they're based on), Alex's work is the single best thing that happened to BT in decades. Because at long last, my favorite IP's stompy robots make people smile, not laugh.

#8073 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:53 PM

Predrag Stanisic@JudgeRedeemer 1h
@russ_bullock new mech this month or?

Russ Bullock@russ_bullock
@JudgeRedeemer another new Hero mech of an existing chassis. More hints and info later in the week or early next.

The new Hero 'Mech would most likely be whichever submission wins among the proposed Hero Blackjacks, IMO.

#8074 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:01 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 13 May 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

The new Hero 'Mech would most likely be whichever submission wins among the proposed Hero Blackjacks, IMO.

Quoted for truth, although the BJ-2 is probably tops on my list of variants existing chassis types should have. But since we're getting a Hero and they already used the submissions to get us a Quickdraw, the Blackjack is certainly next.

#8075 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

Ohhh, they shut down the Blackjack hero thread. This is what I (too late) figured out:

Battlemech - BJ-B "The Ba5tard"
Engine: 180 XL
Structure: Endo
Armor: Std (8.5 tons)
Heatsinks: Double
JJ: 4
Equipment: none
Module Slots: 2

Weapons & Equipment
Head:
CT:
LT: 2x SRM/2
RT: 2x SRM/2
LA: 1x AC/20
RA: 1x Medium Laser
LL: -
RL: -

Hardpoints
CT: -
LT: 2x missile
RT: 2x missile
LA: 1x ballistic
RA: 1x energy
LL: -
RL: -

(canon) Justin Allard used a Blackjack in his early military career. On Sepica, in 3016, he defeat Candace Liao's Vindicator with a Blackjack.

(canon) Despite being famous for his Centurion "Yen-Lo-Wang", Justin always used his Blackjack in training and simulated combats.

Based on an early prototype of the BJ-2, "The Ba5tard" replaces the left arm large laser by a massive assault autocannon, emulating Allard's bionic left arm. The name of the mech comes from a nickname Justin had at Solaris.

Edit: Had to replace the mech's name by "Ba5tard" to avoid the forum's censorship.

Edited by Odanan, 13 May 2014 - 05:12 PM.

#8076 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 13 May 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

Yes. because of course, all the heroes should be made over at NGNG by NGNG people, instead of actually on MWOs OWN forums.

And people wonder why the lay player is fed up with both PGI and NGNG?

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 13 May 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#8077 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 May 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

Yes. because of course, all the heroes should be made over at NGNG by NGNG people, instead of actually on MWOs OWN forums.

I wouldn't say that I'm "an NGNG person" in the sense the term usually implies; I occasionally post on their forum (in addition to the MWO main forum) & I listen to the podcast, but I would not qualify as "part of NGNG" any moreso than, say, Carrioncrows or Victor Morson - and definitely not to the same degree as Phil/SeanLang et. al. :D
Though, I also don't hold anything against them (or know of any reason I should necessarily hold anything against them).

That being said, I have been wondering about the wording of the opening posts to both of the Hero Mech buildcrafting threads...

"PGI is wanting to utilize community feedback on future Hero Designs. They have allowed me to ask around, directly to YOU the community members! To begin this process your task will be to design a 'Hero Blackjack' battlemech. I will be collecting the builds and presenting them to PGI directly, as they want to tap into the huge resource that is the active community." - SeanLang/Phil

That PGI "allowed [Phil] to ask around" has me wondering: did PGI approach NGNG with the proposal of the later taking submissions from the playerbase? Or did NGNG take the initiative and approach PGI with the proposal of polling the playerbase, and PGI merely granted them permission to exercise said initiative?

Still, I do agree that it should have better publicized in/on MWO itself (if for no other reason than to access a larger number of players who might submit a design), even if they wanted to keep all of the official submissions in one place (with that place apparently happening to be the NGNG site threads, since Phil was acting as the pollster/surveyor); a PGI/ISN post in the Announcements section and/or something prominently shown on the game patcher/launcher would have been appropriate, IMO.

#8078 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 13 May 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

I wouldn't say that I'm "an NGNG person" in the sense the term usually implies; I occasionally post on their forum (in addition to the MWO main forum) & I listen to the podcast, but I would not qualify as "part of NGNG" any moreso than, say, Carrioncrows or Victor Morson - and definitely not to the same degree as Phil/SeanLang et. al. :D
Though, I also don't hold anything against them (or know of any reason I should necessarily hold anything against them).

That being said, I have been wondering about the wording of the opening posts to both of the Hero Mech buildcrafting threads...

"PGI is wanting to utilize community feedback on future Hero Designs. They have allowed me to ask around, directly to YOU the community members! To begin this process your task will be to design a 'Hero Blackjack' battlemech. I will be collecting the builds and presenting them to PGI directly, as they want to tap into the huge resource that is the active community." - SeanLang/Phil

That PGI "allowed [Phil] to ask around" has me wondering: did PGI approach NGNG with the proposal of the later taking submissions from the playerbase? Or did NGNG take the initiative and approach PGI with the proposal of polling the playerbase, and PGI merely granted them permission to exercise said initiative?

Still, I do agree that it should have better publicized in/on MWO itself (if for no other reason than to access a larger number of players who might submit a design), even if they wanted to keep all of the official submissions in one place (with that place apparently happening to be the NGNG site threads, since Phil was acting as the pollster/surveyor); a PGI/ISN post in the Announcements section and/or something prominently shown on the game patcher/launcher would have been appropriate, IMO.

AND ....that they don't even announce it on oh, IDK, the main page? Because apparently, all MWO players should spend all day on Reddit, NGNG, Twitter, etc, trying to figure out what the heck is going on, instead of IDK...on mWO forums, or heaven forbid, playing the game?

Punk move PGI, punk move.

As for the NGNG distaste, it is growing, in the forums based on at least a perception of undue influence of NGNG and ACES, etc, on the Devs as a whole.

#8079 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

PGI has been doing a whole ton of punk moves with "letting go" the one guy that fed us info and that we had a good standing with. Then they have been even tighter lipped on news, unless NGNG is involved; and then the info is fed to us too late or scattered across the internet for us to waste time trying to figure it out. Know how much money that they could have earned if they announced both hero mechs for the month when they had the MC bonus sale? I want to see this game succeed but them ignoring, alienating, and not making information readily available on their site is what is killing their profits and this game.

#8080 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 May 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

Not saying it is right, but to play the Devil's advocate. Look at the last time they asked for a 'Mech idea submission on these forums for the first Champion 'Mech. They were swamped, not only going through duplicate builds, but also filtering out the troll builds. NGNG is a smaller community that takes these kinds of things seriously so it is much easier for PGI to look through five pages of mostly decent submissions and pick out the one which appeals to them most or be buried in 50+ pages of duplicate builds, meta min/max, troll builds, and arguments to find a couple good ones out of the mix. I think they just went for the path of least resistance this time. Again, not arguing if it was right or wrong of them to do, but instead looking at the decision from a logical perspective.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users