#8021 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:43 AM

View PostOdanan, on 06 May 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:

PS: that missile launcher is awkward... I would prefer it mounted outward (on the side) of the PPC "pod".

Agreed, it should be either on top or built into the side torso...

Posted Image

#8022 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:55 AM

View Postcdlord, on 06 May 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

Agreed, it should be either on top or built into the side torso...

Not in the side torso because that would be break with the TT sheet. (even if that drawing says different)

#8023 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:59 AM

View PostOdanan, on 06 May 2014 - 04:55 AM, said:

Not in the side torso because that would be break with the TT sheet. (even if that drawing says different)

I'd be fine with it being on the side of PPC assembly, or even underslung - but horizontally.

It would look wonky in-game if placed on the shoulder.

#8024 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:41 AM

The masakari's hitboxes are going to make the difference. If it is only CT in the front ala stalker, than it will be a good tanky mech, if it is more dragon like it is going to suffer.

And LRMs mounted that low? Any hill is going to block them.

#8025 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:44 AM

View PostOdanan, on 06 May 2014 - 03:27 AM, said:

Not to mention we don't know how the Target Computer will work.

My honest belief is that the targeting computer won't assist with active aiming. But you'll see parts of your HUD move with targets on the screen to assist you in lining up your shots.

Such as the little circle which represents arms? Each target you can visibly see in range has one on it and once your mouse moves over it you will receive a prompt telling you to fire.

#8026 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

View Postssm, on 06 May 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:

I'd be fine with it being on the side of PPC assembly, or even underslung - but horizontally.

It would look wonky in-game if placed on the shoulder.

The other issue with putting it on the shoulder is the aiming with SRMs. Graphically it makes more sense to have the missile pod below the elbow joint. Now if only the modelers had some common sense with mounting the pod model.

#8027 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:15 AM

Gauss, 2 ER PPCs & 26 DHS

That should work nicely, just a half ton of armor to strip.

Posted Image

#8028 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

Well, I just picked up the new Quickdraw hero and I like it. Since Smurfy's and Li song mechlab is out of date thanks to the changes that PGI made to the database I had to customize it the hard way (I am going to try to refine it when they update). First off, I dumped the MPLs for MLs and then upgraded the AC5s to UAC5s + 4 tons ammo; dropped the SRMs and added 2 Streaks with 1 ton ammo. Sold off the 240XL and bought a 255XL, dropped the DHS and then added 2 more JJs. Also swapped the armor from FF to STD and the structure from STD to Endo. Then maxed out the armor except only 16 points in the head.

First time out and scored 2 kills with 340 damage before a twin GR Jagermech bagged me. Not bad for a slow as hell Quickdraw. The UACs on chainfire just keep shooting all day long with on 2 jams the whole match while the MLs and Streaks just add insult to injury.

Anyone else give the mech a try?

#8029 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 06 May 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

I am like 1000 MC short. :wub:

#8030 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

View Postcdlord, on 06 May 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

I am like 1000 MC short. :wub:

Sorry to hear but maybe for the best. It was as pain in the ass to figure everything out without Smurfy/Li song

#8031 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 06 May 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Sorry to hear but maybe for the best. It was as pain in the ass to figure everything out without Smurfy/Li song

I'll buy it eventually. That's my vice, I have every Hero so far and I hate not being able to get it right away....

#8032 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

View Postcdlord, on 06 May 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

I'll buy it eventually. That's my vice, I have every Hero so far and I hate not being able to get it right away....

Same here and I have been trying to get them but it cost so damn much lol.

#8033 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 06 May 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

Well, I just picked up the new Quickdraw hero and I like it. Since Smurfy's and Li song mechlab is out of date thanks to the changes that PGI made to the database I had to customize it the hard way (I am going to try to refine it when they update). First off, I dumped the MPLs for MLs and then upgraded the AC5s to UAC5s + 4 tons ammo; dropped the SRMs and added 2 Streaks with 1 ton ammo. Sold off the 240XL and bought a 255XL, dropped the DHS and then added 2 more JJs. Also swapped the armor from FF to STD and the structure from STD to Endo. Then maxed out the armor except only 16 points in the head.

First time out and scored 2 kills with 340 damage before a twin GR Jagermech bagged me. Not bad for a slow as hell Quickdraw. The UACs on chainfire just keep shooting all day long with on 2 jams the whole match while the MLs and Streaks just add insult to injury.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3353329

running it as the Shotgun Sally variant. Only 1 drop so far, but got 3 kills, 1 Assist and 468 damage, despite a losing butt puckered stand by my "team" (because yes timmy, huddling behind a hill on conquest always works so well!!!). Be real curious to see how it does unlocked, but I like it so far.......

#8034 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

View Postcdlord, on 06 May 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

I plan on acquiring it as soon as practical... 'tis mah babeh, after all. :)

#8035 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

Here is my refined design, same thing but faster.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e8e406d87554e2f

but If I want to get rid of my missiles Bishop's twin shotgun version sounds fun
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...164b83d1df730de

#8036 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

So I was trying to design a 3050 replacement for the nearly extinct Exterminator and I discovered something. The Star League design team for all their brilliance, were total morons. It works better as a 50 ton chassis. So much better in fact that it can add two double heat sinks, CASE, and Guardian ECM using the spare tonnage. The only sacrifices it makes are the durability of the internal structure and some melee/DFA damage.

In MWO it means the TBT-5J gets close. Not nearly as good looking, lacks enough jump jets, two of the hardpoints are in the wrong locations, and the armor and ammo distribution is off, but it is a faux Exterminator. This makes me almost happy with the ol' Trenchbucket.

TBT-5J Exterminator

#8037 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:09 AM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 07 May 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

So I was trying to design a 3050 replacement for the nearly extinct Exterminator and I discovered something. The Star League design team for all their brilliance, were total morons. It works better as a 50 ton chassis. So much better in fact that it can add two double heat sinks, CASE, and Guardian ECM using the spare tonnage. The only sacrifices it makes are the durability of the internal structure and some melee/DFA damage.

In MWO it means the TBT-5J gets close. Not nearly as good looking, lacks enough jump jets, two of the hardpoints are in the wrong locations, and the armor and ammo distribution is off, but it is a faux Exterminator. This makes me almost happy with the ol' Trenchbucket.

TBT-5J Exterminator

Not to mention the Banshee, which would be a much better mech with 85 tons (same speed, more armor and firepower - and a lot less expensive)

#8038 Jenkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

Rescuing this thread. Why is this still not stickied?

#8039 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostOdanan, on 09 May 2014 - 02:09 AM, said:

Not to mention the Banshee, which would be a much better mech with 85 tons (same speed, more armor and firepower - and a lot less expensive)

but would deal less melee damage which is directly based on tonnage. The Banshee isn't a weapons platform, it's a 95 ton MMA fighter. The AC/5 & the PPC are just to give it something to do while closing to melee range.

#8040 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostJenkss, on 11 May 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

Rescuing this thread. Why is this still not stickied?

It was at one point - apparently they can only sticky so many though, and this one fell off the list.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users