• 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

View Postsicky, on 30 October 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

oh, i did not realize that he is unseen :blush:
thanks for the info annyways.
next time i will do more research before posting here :wacko:

No problem!
Now I need to clarify about the timeline (people use to ask for the Uziel, Argus, Thanatos and other MW4 favorites)... :D

#762 HAV0C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 381 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

<S> Hey Oda. Great post and thank you for keeping it updated. Kudos to you sir.

I will say I agree with you on most all points, save your view on the Highlander :wacko: It's nowhere near the same kind of 'mech as the Atlas or Cyclops.

It does share similar weapon profiles (as do many Star League era 'mechs, of note. Many 'mechs from that era usually sported multiple weapon types and are ecclectic blends of firepower. The Atlas, Highlander, Cyclops, Orion, and Thunderbolt are all bult around this philosophy). However, the Highlander is distinguished from these other 'mechs because of the placement of it's weaponry. All of the 'mechs mount most of their 'big' guns in their torsos, the Highlander is the exception to this rule, mounting it's primary weapon, the Gauss Rifle, in the right arm and the SRM launcher in the left. This makes the mech preform much differently than it's star league era counterparts.

Am I nitpicking, yes, but dangit the Highlander s my 'mech and I don't want people thinkng it's a jumping cyclops. :D

Just my thoughts <S> :blush:

-Colonel Andrew "Havoc" Davis
Death's Hand Brigade Mercenaries

#763 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostHAV0C, on 30 October 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

<S> Hey Oda. Great post and thank you for keeping it updated. Kudos to you sir.

I will say I agree with you on most all points, save your view on the Highlander :wacko: It's nowhere near the same kind of 'mech as the Atlas or Cyclops.

It does share similar weapon profiles (as do many Star League era 'mechs, of note. Many 'mechs from that era usually sported multiple weapon types and are ecclectic blends of firepower. The Atlas, Highlander, Cyclops, Orion, and Thunderbolt are all bult around this philosophy). However, the Highlander is distinguished from these other 'mechs because of the placement of it's weaponry. All of the 'mechs mount most of their 'big' guns in their torsos, the Highlander is the exception to this rule, mounting it's primary weapon, the Gauss Rifle, in the right arm and the SRM launcher in the left. This makes the mech preform much differently than it's star league era counterparts.

Am I nitpicking, yes, but dangit the Highlander s my 'mech and I don't want people thinkng it's a jumping cyclops. :D

Just my thoughts <S> :blush:

You are right: the Highlander plays completely different then the Atlas, for instance. And I'm not talking about the jump: the main weapons in the arms make it much more "aggressive" in close quarters.

My problem with it is more a "canonical" one: I think the mech is too uncommon for the current timeline. Also, including the Highlander certainly means excluding the Victor - an much "richer" addition to the game (it would be the "Assault Scout").

OK, the concept art is simply amazing and certaily the best so far (heck, the Highlander was originally hideous). I even gave it a repaint. But I think that mech could have waited about 2 or 3 years to be announced.

#764 HAV0C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 381 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostOdanan, on 30 October 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

You are right: the Highlander plays completely different then the Atlas, for instance. And I'm not talking about the jump: the main weapons in the arms make it much more "aggressive" in close quarters.

My problem with it is more a "canonical" one: I think the mech is too uncommon for the current timeline. Also, including the Highlander certainly means excluding the Victor - an much "richer" addition to the game (it would be the "Assault Scout").

OK, the concept art is simply amazing and certaily the best so far (heck, the Highlander was originally hideous). I even gave it a repaint. But I think that mech could have waited about 2 or 3 years to be announced.

<S> Hey Oda,

Yes I see your point about it being uncommon, but it was being produced still (in limited quanity) from 3039 all the way to current day. Doesn't mean it still wasn't rare as hell, but it lends to the idea that they were around and able to be procured if someone who might have been dedcated enough to find/purchase one.

Also, I don't think it wll exclude the victor from being added. Perhaps delay it, but I don't think it will not arrive as a result. We'll see in the long run I suppose. But I keep the faith, as the Victor is a classic on par with the Zeus. We'll see of course, but who knows what the future holds.

Also, I agree. The concept art of the Highlander had me doing donuts (literally!.. Ok not really but I wanted to) and yea it was FUGLY in almost all the TRO artwork for it, but it was that special kind of cool ugly I guess. I liked the classc artwork for it in a weird kind of way. It was my 'mech, and I liked it for what it was. Now, though, it finally looks as cool as I always knew it was :wacko:

Also, my predictions on the next 'mech announcements:

Medium: Dervish (Runner up, Blackjack)

Heavy: Orion (Runner up: Grasshopper)

Assault: Banshee (Runner up: Zeus or Victor)

<S> See ya soon Odanan. If you ever want to get a drop some time, let me know and I'll pass you DHB's Teamspeak 3 info. Would love to get a few matches in with ya sometime!

#765 Seanamal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Ina all likely hood next 3 mechs will fill tonnage holes so my money is the Dervish, Orion, and Cyclops. Since those will fill the 55, 75, and 95 ton mech spots that have not been filled yet by any of the announced designs.

#766 HAV0C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 381 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostSeanamal, on 30 October 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Ina all likely hood next 3 mechs will fill tonnage holes so my money is the Dervish, Orion, and Cyclops. Since those will fill the 55, 75, and 95 ton mech spots that have not been filled yet by any of the announced designs.

I agree with ya but you've got the tonnage wrong for the cyclops. It's a 90 ton Assault. If you're looking for a 95 tonner you're looking at the Banshee. Outside of that, most every other 'mech in that weight bracket is not yet produced.

Some could argue that the Nightstar is in limited production now, but, it'd be SUPER EXPENSIVE if it were...

The standard loadout on this 95 ton beast is as follows: XL engine, ERPPC, 2x Medium Pulse lasers, a Small laser, and the whip cream AND cherry? Two Gauss Rifles (one in each arm) with not four tons, not six tons, but SEVEN TONS OF GAUSS AMMO...

Yea. Woof. I wouldn't trade my Highlander for one. But I sure wouldn't want to square off against one either.

Just offering that point of clarification :D

<S>

Edited by HAV0C, 31 October 2012 - 12:31 AM.

#767 Phoenix Branson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

I hope the developers surprise us with the Mauler.
According to Sarna, it was introduced in 3048, http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Mauler

Plus, it was mentioned twice in ISN News, http://www.mwowiki.o...hp?title=Mauler

12 October 3048: Luthien Armor Works’ executives celebrate the final success against the debacle of the Daboku as the first Maulers ship.

29 November 3048: Recently shipped Maulers receive their baptism of fire against Davion raid; Victory Armaments’ ER lasers peformed well.

Posted Image

Edited by Maverick01, 30 October 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#768 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostHAV0C, on 30 October 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

See ya soon Odanan. If you ever want to get a drop some time, let me know and I'll pass you DHB's Teamspeak 3 info. Would love to get a few matches in with ya sometime!

Sure, let's do it!

#769 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostMaverick01, on 30 October 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

I hope the developers surprise us with the Mauler.
According to Sarna, it was introduced in 3048, http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Mauler
Plus, it was mentioned twice in ISN News

I'm afraid being mentioned by the ISN is just a quantum of solace.

The problem with the Mauler is the fact that it doesn't have the necessary 3 variations. It has for sure only the primary variant: MAL-1R. The MAL-1PT5 has questionable canonicity and the MAL-2RC has C3 equipment, which has no plans itself to be added in MWO yet.

One more thing to add to the original post: mechs need at least 3 variants to be in this game.

PS: I love the Mauler. I want the Mauler. I just think we won't have it.

#770 J4ckInthebox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • LocationBritanny, France

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

URBANMECH

PGI, why :D

#771 Terror Teddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

View PostJ4ckInthebox, on 30 October 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

URBANMECH

PGI, why :)

Don't worry - we do have the Eggbert Urbanmechs elder brother.

The Hatched Raven with Gauss Rifle.

Basically the same thing by downgrading the engine to nil and smack on a load of armor with the added bonus of a full electronic warfare suite.

#772 J4ckInthebox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

I know, but it's like a generic-brand Nutella: It looks like Nutella, it tastes like Nutella, but it's not Nutella.

#773 Terror Teddy

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

View PostJ4ckInthebox, on 31 October 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

I know, but it's like a generic-brand Nutella: It looks like Nutella, it tastes like Nutella, but it's not Nutella.

True - The trashcan looks cooler, or at least have a lower profile.

I wonder if we can get an R2-D2 skin for it =P

Edited by Terror Teddy, 31 October 2012 - 02:07 AM.

#774 J4ckInthebox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

The real Urbanmech's elder brother is the Imp. And it would like to have a word with you.

#775 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

Urbanmech family tree revealed:

Posted Image

#776 Terror Teddy

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

View PostOdanan, on 31 October 2012 - 04:09 AM, said:

Urbanmech family tree revealed:

* Checks Rule 34 *

Yea, it's Legit.

#777 J4ckInthebox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

I suppose the Rifleman is the father in this....poor Urbie, that must have hurt.

#778 Terror Teddy

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

View PostJ4ckInthebox, on 31 October 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

I suppose the Rifleman is the father in this....poor Urbie, that must have hurt.

Dat Caliber...

#779 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

View PostJ4ckInthebox, on 31 October 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

View PostTerror Teddy, on 31 October 2012 - 04:53 AM, said:

Dat Caliber...

LOL!

But I think you are wrong. The Rifleman is the female (C cup side torsos) and the Urbie is the male (a horn* male midget - see the... Autocannon).

Edited by Odanan, 31 October 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#780 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

So, in a week from now, we will see the next medium. Right?

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users