20517 replies to this topic

#4361 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostOdanan, on 13 July 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

I don't remember anything from the devs about the Griffin and Wolverine.

"Additionally in a recent NGNG podcast Russ Bullock as announced that several other unseen such as the Wolverine and Griffin are now possible candidates for future inclusion, and that even the Macross 'mechs could be on the table in the future. This can be heard in NGNG Podcast Number 79, at 9 minutes in." - Hayden

#4362 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 13 July 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

"Additionally in a recent NGNG podcast Russ Bullock as announced that several other unseen such as the Wolverine and Griffin are now possible candidates for future inclusion, and that even the Macross 'mechs could be on the table in the future. This can be heard in NGNG Podcast Number 79, at 9 minutes in." - Hayden

Yet this doesn't mean that they are in development, they are just candidates.. uh well we'll see, I was just "wtf" checking out sillogy's thread and my eye caught those two, so I came here to ask :)

#4363 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 13 July 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

From Sillogy's upcoming thread:

[/list][/list]Wait.. where they ever said about the Griffin and the Wolverine? We'll get 3x 55 tonners in total :)

Griffin and Wolverine are both Dougram unseens, much like the Shadowhawk, Thunderbolt and the Battlemaster. It is only right that they should join their brothers in MWO.

#4364 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

My list. Far from complete and I certainly like to add when I get more ideas.

For lights:

Panther (Important Kurita mech)
Wolfhound (the counter Panther mech)

For Mediums
Vindicator (essential Liao mech)
Griffin (common medium mech, Dougram unseen, so its a good match to the Shadowhawk)
Wolverine (another common medium mech and Unseen from Dougram. Both Griffin and Wolverine would be good for a Project Phoenix phase 2)

The Griffin and the Wolverine are a must --- their Unseen forms comes from the same anime show that had the original designs for the Shadowhawk, the Thunderbolt and the Battlemaster. It is only right that they rejoin their brothers in MWO.

Hatchetman (also another common medium mech)

Heavies
I am not holding my breath for the Rifleman and the Warhammer though. The Rifleman being a near duplicate of the Jagermech but loses 5 tons, also poses another problem for its functional redundancy. If the Warhammer comes to MWO, likely to be based closer to the MWDA figure, which is also the basis for the original Project Phoenix and the accepted image used in the TRO.

The Archer is another Macross related unseen I would like to see but I am not holding my breath either.

Marauder
Posted Image

Warhammer and Rifleman
Posted Image

Rifleman
Posted Image

The Archer and the Crusader never made it to the DA sets, and for that I have never seen them reimagined in Project Phoenix guise.

PGI took design elements from the MWDA Battlemaster, whose design is canonized into the original Project Phoenix image of the Battlemaster, and made it their own. Note the shoulder pad and threads that is not present in the original Battlemaster design from Dougram.

The MWDA Battlemaster
Posted Image

For heavies, I also want to add the Black Knight. That one is already worth its own expansion pack by its own name in Mechwarrior 4.

Now for assaults.

Certainly the Zeus. Long time ago, there was the Mechwarrior 4 Inner Sphere pack. It featured four mechs to add to your MW4 Vengeance game.

Posted Image

Three of the mechs in the pack are now honored in MWO. But the most popular one in the pack --- the Zeus --- remains missing. MWO without the Zeus is like staring in mirror with a big gap in your teeth.

And of course, people want the Banshee, a 95 ton mech that runs at 64kph.

Edited by Anjian, 13 July 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#4365 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

Let's hope some time in the future they'll indeed go for the Macross Unseens; if they are smart they'll drop them during Clan stuff, so IS mechs will keep gathering interest.. Archer, Warhammer, Rifleman and the Marauder, I'd like to see them and thinking about the timeline going more lassy, Bushwacker, Hauptmann, Sunder and the Fafnir could be rather good candidates for very far in the future releases (I'd love a Sunder :D).

#4366 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostAnjian, on 13 July 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

Three of the mechs in the pack are now honored in MWO. But the most popular one in the pack --- the Zeus --- remains missing. MWO without the Zeus is like staring in mirror with a big gap in your teeth.

Amen, brother.
Amen...

#4367 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

View PostAnjian, on 13 July 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

My list. Far from complete and I certainly like to add when I get more ideas.

For lights:

Panther (Important Kurita mech)
Wolfhound (the counter Panther mech)

For Mediums
Vindicator (essential Liao mech)
Griffin (common medium mech, Dougram unseen, so its a good match to the Shadowhawk)
Wolverine (another common medium mech and Unseen from Dougram. Both Griffin and Wolverine would be good for a Project Phoenix phase 2)

The Griffin and the Wolverine are a must --- their Unseen forms comes from the same anime show that had the original designs for the Shadowhawk, the Thunderbolt and the Battlemaster. It is only right that they rejoin their brothers in MWO.

Hatchetman (also another common medium mech)

Heavies
I am not holding my breath for the Rifleman and the Warhammer though. The Rifleman being a near duplicate of the Jagermech but loses 5 tons, also poses another problem for its functional redundancy. If the Warhammer comes to MWO, likely to be based closer to the MWDA figure, which is also the basis for the original Project Phoenix and the accepted image used in the TRO.

The Archer is another Macross related unseen I would like to see but I am not holding my breath either.

Marauder
Posted Image

Warhammer and Rifleman
Posted Image

Rifleman
Posted Image

The Archer and the Crusader never made it to the DA sets, and for that I have never seen them reimagined in Project Phoenix guise.

PGI took design elements from the MWDA Battlemaster, whose design is canonized into the original Project Phoenix image of the Battlemaster, and made it their own. Note the shoulder pad and threads that is not present in the original Battlemaster design from Dougram.

The MWDA Battlemaster
Posted Image

For heavies, I also want to add the Black Knight. That one is already worth its own expansion pack by its own name in Mechwarrior 4.

Now for assaults.

Certainly the Zeus. Long time ago, there was the Mechwarrior 4 Inner Sphere pack. It featured four mechs to add to your MW4 Vengeance game.

Posted Image

And of course, people want the Banshee, a 95 ton mech that runs at 64kph.

Just for the record, those are the IIC version, or Clan Only, for the Warhammer and Marauder.

Unfortunately, THIS pile of poo is the Warhammer
Posted Image

though the Marauder has significantly more going for it
Posted Image
particularly in Alex's hands
Posted Image

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 14 July 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#4368 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

The problem with the Mechlab is you can't appreciate the size of these BattleMechs. The developers should really consider showing the pilot and some technician’s working right next to the BattleMech to show sense of scale. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Maverick01, 14 July 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#4369 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

They would but they don't want us to see how badly they're deviating from the original size of the 'Mechs.

On a more serious note, that is fluff and it might be added in the future. I too want to see an animated mechbay with workers moving around. No BT/MW game has done that yet. In fact the mechbay has always been lacking in my opinion.

#4370 Herodes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Would be just like watching fish in an aquarium. Only better. :)

Edited by Herodes, 15 July 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#4371 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

So we will get lots of Reseen mechs after the Clanners? Even the Macross ones? Amazing!

So let's try to figure out the next IS mechs:

Light:
- Firestarter or UrbaMech (#7 light)
- [some Reseen]
- [moar Reseen]

Medium:
- Assassin (#7 medium)
- [some Reseen]
- [moar Reseen]

Heavy:
- Reseen Warhammer
- [some Reseen]

Assault:
- Banshee (hopefully the #7 assault)
- Cyclops or Reseen Marauder II
- Zeus or Reseen Longbow

#4372 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostOdanan, on 15 July 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

So we will get lots of Reseen mechs after the Clanners? Even the Macross ones? Amazing!

Light:
- [some Reseen]
- [moar Reseen]

Medium:
- Assassin (#7 medium)
- [some Reseen]
- [moar Reseen]

Heavy:
- Reseen Warhammer
- [some Reseen]

Assault:
- Zeus or Reseen Longbow

Listening to Russ on NGNG Podcast 79, it sounds like they want to avoid Macross 'Mechs altogether due to Harmony Gold (unseen/reseen). We should be happy with what we got from Project Phoenix.

Edited by Maverick01, 15 July 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#4373 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:44 AM

View PostMaverick01, on 15 July 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

Listening to Russ on NGNG Podcast 79, it sounds like they want to avoid Macross 'Mechs altogether due to Harmony Gold (unseen/reseen). We should be happy with what we got from Project Phoenix.

You are right. Listening to the Podcast, yes, the Macross Unseen are not off the table, but Russ actively say "don't hold your breath".

But there are other good news: 100% of the Project Phoenix's revenue goes to MWO.

Edited by Odanan, 16 July 2013 - 02:50 AM.

#4374 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

Light:
- [some Reseen]
- [moar Reseen]

Medium:
- Assassin (#7 medium)
- [some Reseen]
- [moar Reseen]

Heavy:
- Reseen Warhammer
- [some Reseen]

Assault:
- Zeus or Reseen Longbow

Fixing.

BTW, in the Podcast Russ say there will be 2 mechs a month (Phoenix + regular IS mech).

And there is a suggestion that there will be another "founder" plan for the Clans in the future.

#4375 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:28 AM

Light:
- [some Crusher Joe (oops! Already have it!) Reseen]

Medium:
- Assassin, VULCAN (#7 medium)
- [some Dougram Reseen]

Heavy:
- Posted Image
- [some Dougram Reseen]

Assault:
- Cyclops
- Zeus or Reseen Longbow

FTFY
(He said don't hold your breath about Macross ReSeen, not Crusher Joe or Dougram, so we still have Griffin, Wolverine, etc. Just not Many ReSeen left available)

#4376 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 July 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

(He said don't hold your breath about Macross ReSeen, not Crusher Joe or Dougram, so we still have Griffin, Wolverine, etc. Just not Many ReSeen left available)

There really isn't an etc in there. Its just the Griffin and the Wolverine. (unless you count all the Clan unseen mechs that might now be possible.)

The Scorpion and Goliath are out due to being Quadrupeds.

There is one question I have always had though. There were apparently 12 designs that were really in question. Three of which were LAM versions of the regulars (wasp, stinger, and pheonix hawk)

I wounder if that means there are some Macross mechs that are safer than others. I was never a big fan of the OstXXX mechs but FD might just be able to do something with the designs (after the spider I think he can do miracles).

#4377 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

View PostBelorion, on 16 July 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

There really isn't an etc in there. Its just the Griffin and the Wolverine. (unless you count all the Clan unseen mechs that might now be possible.)

There is one question I have always had though. There were apparently 12 designs that were really in question. Three of which were LAM versions of the regulars (wasp, stinger, and pheonix hawk)

I wounder if that means there are some Macross mechs that are safer than others. I was never a big fan of the OstXXX mechs but FD might just be able to do something with the designs (after the spider I think he can do miracles).

what I don't get is how they managed to add the Ost designs into the lawsuit. The similarity was pretty fleeting. (And if there WERE 3 Unseen most fans would NOT mind seeing ground up redesigned, I am pretty sure those 3 are the ones)

#4378 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 July 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

what I don't get is how they managed to add the Ost designs into the lawsuit. The similarity was pretty fleeting. (And if there WERE 3 Unseen most fans would NOT mind seeing ground up redesigned, I am pretty sure those 3 are the ones)

The Ostsol is the only Ost that looks similar. Check out the Unseen and Macross designs.
The Ostscout and the Ostroc are much like deformed abortions of the Ostsol.

Full table of Unseen here.

#4379 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostOdanan, on 16 July 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

The Ostsol is the only Ost that looks similar. Check out the Unseen and Macross designs.
The Ostscout and the Ostroc are much like deformed abortions of the Ostsol.

Full table of Unseen here.

and my next redesigns, THough I think my Ostscout is already passable.

Posted Image

would love to have Sommer Strauss or SirDubDub take a few of my re-designs and trick them out.

#4380 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostBelorion, on 16 July 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

Unfortunately! :(
I'm sure many people would pay for Quadrupedal Mechs. Including me!

107 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 107 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook