ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostOdanan, on 25 July 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

Syllogy's thread sometimes is too optimist.

Russ says in the #79 NGNG Podcast that the Unseens such as Wolverine and Griffin are a possibility and even Macross designs are not off the table (but "don't hold your breath" for the last ones).

The thing is: they made a fuss about the Phoenix mechs. If they just add another 2 Dougram 55 tonners so soon, it will obfuscate the Shadow Hawk.

If they ever add more Unseens, I predict another "Phoenix program" in the far future (like 2015) - with icons like the Marauder and Warhammer. They will need to really rise the bets to make people give them more money.

See the pattern:

2012: Founders program
2013: Phoenix program
2014: Clan program
2015: Ultra big Macross program

and unless they truly re-bork the game in between now and then, or don't get around to adding some modes, maps and other content.......

I will be there to pay for it. Though I am likely to skip the Clan one.

#4502 Anyone00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostOdanan, on 25 July 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

2015: Ultra big Macross program

Sure, that could go along with the official US release of Macross 7, Macross Zero, and Macross Fontier.
*goes back to eating sour grapes*

#4503 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 July 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

and unless they truly re-bork the game in between now and then, or don't get around to adding some modes, maps and other content.......

I will be there to pay for it. Though I am likely to skip the Clan one.

One word: Solaris.

Yes, unless they screw the game good with the Clans, I will be there to buy the next packages.

#4504 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

The fact that PGI knows that people will pay good money for the "Macross" related unseen, keeps the mechs on the table. But in order to avoid getting sued by Harmony Gold, who by the way, is lately going after Hasbro because some of the Transformer toys had Macross like connections, the Reseen of the Unseen will have to look in such a way that is almost unrecognizable from the originals and that any legal jurist can see the designs and judge without a doubt that the new designs are completely original artwork and do not infringe upon the originals. This makes the new designs trickier, and that requires a lot more work, revision, meetings and manhours. Given the scale of the work, that would be an utmost distraction from work that has a more immediate priority, such as the Clan mechs, and various other IS mechs that are popular in lore and deserve to be in the game.

Any mech can never be completely off the table because mechs bring revenue and revenue is life for PGI. The raw supply of mechs in Battletech lore is finite, and eventually every mech needs to be counted.

Edited by Anjian, 25 July 2013 - 07:57 AM.

#4505 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostAnjian, on 25 July 2013 - 07:56 AM, said:

The fact that PGI knows that people will pay good money for the "Macross" related unseen, keeps the mechs on the table. But in order to avoid getting sued by Harmony Gold, who by the way, is lately going after Hasbro because some of the Transformer toys had Macross like connections, the Reseen of the Unseen will have to look in such a way that is almost unrecognizable from the originals and that any legal jurist can see the designs and judge without a doubt that the new designs are completely original artwork and do not infringe upon the originals. This makes the new designs trickier, and that requires a lot more work, revision, meetings and manhours. Given the scale of the work, that would be an utmost distraction from work that has a more immediate priority, such as the Clan mechs, and various other IS mechs that are popular in lore and deserve to be in the game.

Any mech can never be completely off the table because mechs bring revenue and revenue is life for PGI. The raw supply of mechs in Battletech lore is finite, and eventually every mech needs to be counted.

Best news all day. HASBRO has the kind of deep pockets to due to Harmony Gold what HG did to FASA. The self important little lawyers mighta finally bit off more than they can chew.

Little would please me more than to watch HG fold, and the rights become open again. I doubt CGL would buy them, or try to bring back the Unseen, but it would significantly open up the ReSeen possibilities.

#4506 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 July 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Best news all day. HASBRO has the kind of deep pockets to due to Harmony Gold what HG did to FASA. The self important little lawyers mighta finally bit off more than they can chew.

I thought every BTech, Robotech, Macross, etc. fan knew already (yeah, even the guys on the other side hate on HG, since they are the reason they have to buy games from Japan and likewise have to learn Japanese to watch their favorite cartoons). :)

We simply have to wait and see how it turns out... fingers crossed, of course. If Hasbro decides to push it through, HG is completely and utterly screwed.

#4507 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 July 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Little would please me more than to watch HG fold, and the rights become open again. I doubt CGL would buy them, or try to bring back the Unseen, but it would significantly open up the ReSeen possibilities.

Yeah, I may LOVE Mechwarrior, but Transformers have always been my fave (since I watched the cartoon in the 80's). You don't mess with that franchise. Um... Can we donate to Hasbro to hasten and ensure the defeat of HG and the evil it represents? :)

#4508 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostAdridos, on 25 July 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

I thought every BTech, Robotech, Macross, etc. fan knew already (yeah, even the guys on the other side hate on HG, since they are the reason they have to buy games from Japan and likewise have to learn Japanese to watch their favorite cartoons). :)

We simply have to wait and see how it turns out... fingers crossed, of course. If Hasbro decides to push it through, HG is completely and utterly screwed.

the Sad part, for me? Blaspemey to our Japan-o-philes, but IMO, the actual Robotech story line was BETTER than any of the original 3, and a lot more epic. And TBH, I have largely been bored with almost all subsequent Macross installments anyhow. Zero had promise, then went all mystical mumbo-jumbo.

#4509 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 July 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

the Sad part, for me? Blaspemey to our Japan-o-philes, but IMO, the actual Robotech story line was BETTER than any of the original 3, and a lot more epic. And TBH, I have largely been bored with almost all subsequent Macross installments anyhow. Zero had promise, then went all mystical mumbo-jumbo.

As much as I might like to see HG get (figuratively and literally) curb-stomped, perhaps they could hold off until the Robotech movie is done? :)

Leonardo DiCaprio Passes On Episode VII To Make Robotech
Now that San Diego Comic-Con is out of the way, many of us are turning our attention to the next big date on the geek calendar, Disney’s D23 this August 9-11 in Anaheim. Pundits expect big news from J.J. Abrams and the Star Wars: Episode VII camp. The latest rumors in that arena have Ryan Gosling and Zac Effron up for roles in the new trilogy. While I have some definite feelings on that issue, there is another bit of information contained in this report that piques my interest, and that news involves Leonardo DiCaprio and Robotech.
Latino Review reports that DiCaprio was up for a role in the upcoming additions to the Star Wars films—it wasn’t specified whether it would be a one off, or for the entire trilogy—but he passed. You may ask yourself how can anyone, let alone a young man of his generation, who came of age in the midst of Star Wars becoming perhaps the biggest pop culture institution of all time, skip out on such an opportunity? The answer sounds pretty straight forward. He apparently wants to participate in another project currently in development, and that project is g*d d**n Robotech.

#4510 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 25 July 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

As much as I might like to see HG get (figuratively and literally) curb-stomped, perhaps they could hold off until the Robotech movie is done? :)

How epic would it be to have a Mechwarrior movie though?? Not some B rate like Robot Jox (though cool). As much as I hate them, Michael Bay or JJ Abrams level.

#4511 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 25 July 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Robotech movie is in the same league as BTech movie... it wouldn't come out, anyway.

#4512 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

King Crab and Banshee are nice.

Still want this guy MOAR
Posted Image

RAWR!

#4513 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostAdridos, on 25 July 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

Robotech movie is in the same league as BTech movie... it wouldn't come out, anyway.

Need to keep your head up more often :)

http://www.ign.com/a...-robotech-movie

#4514 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 25 July 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Need to keep your head up more often :)

http://www.ign.com/a...-robotech-movie

Rumor has it" and "Latino Reviews hears".

Hardly conclusive, Just saying.

#4515 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostMaverick01, on 24 July 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Off Topic. I was looking at the fan art and come across this beautiful Patton Tank. I really hope PGI eventually adds NPC Tanks and NPC Battle Armor to the game. This would add a whole new level of gameplay. They could add a consumable module that allowed you to deploy a tank or squad of battle armor (this module would take up two slots as its quite powerful) or expensive as hell. I dunno. Anyways, here is the art by Teliri...

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Patton
Posted Image

Excellent point.

I'd love to see Troops too. So much potential with each Houses beautiful uniforms.
You could purchase Mech hunter teams in fire-teams of 5 with SRMs.
They'd be great for holding objectives too. Give you a few extra precious seconds.

Posted Image

#4516 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

This thing is gorgeous!!!

Posted Image

#4517 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostMaverick01, on 25 July 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

This thing is gorgeous!!!

Posted Image
niiiiice

#4518 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Hey, Orkdung, thanks for sharing the MWO Chess link... I tough nobody cared about that...

#4519 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

As a news agency reported on Sarah's 'Mech inside PGI's office, it looks like a possible spoiler of a future design by Flying Debris. I have to say it looks like the Wolverine!

http://www.cbc.ca/pl.../ID/2398278247/

Posted Image

Edited by Maverick01, 25 July 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#4520 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostMaverick01, on 25 July 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

As a news agency reported on Sarah's 'Mech inside PGI's office, it looks like a possible spoiler of a future design by Flying Debris. I have to say it looks like the Wolverine!

http://www.cbc.ca/pl.../ID/2398278247/

Posted Image

it is DEFINITIVELY one. Look at the upper left of his screen.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 25 July 2013 - 10:02 PM.

67 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 67 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook