Ultimate Mech Discussion Thread

BattleMech Balance

20517 replies to this topic

#5121 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostMaverick01, on 12 September 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

I'm thinking PGI will launch with a new 'Mech and a new map, since UI 2.0 isn't finished. Do you agree?

I dont think there will be a new mech other than the Orions for Cbills, but a new map is possible because we got the last, Terra Therma, in July.

#5122 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

Posted Image

#5123 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

:(

Edited by Ens, 14 September 2013 - 02:23 AM.

#5124 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

FTFY!Posted Image

#5125 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 14 September 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

FTFY!Posted Image

Blazer.. yum

#5126 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

Posted Image

Blazer is Chump Tech. 3063 Zeus IIC Prototype. 3 ER Large Lasers and a ALRM20 (18 reloads) for range fire, 2 SSRM6 (45 reloads) and 2 Heavy Medium Lasers and 2 Heavy MG (100 reloads). 64 kph, max armor and 19 DHS.

#5127 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 14 September 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Posted Image

Blazer is Chump Tech. 3063 Zeus IIC Prototype. 3 ER Large Lasers and a ALRM20 (18 reloads) for range fire, 2 SSRM6 (45 reloads) and 2 Heavy Medium Lasers and 2 Heavy MG (100 reloads). 64 kph, max armor and 19 DHS.

If I have any criticism of this one (other than being a filthy Lyran machine :D ) it'd be the patterning on the armor. Kinda makes it look like it's wearing a suit of quilted padding.

Other than that, real nice design... for a Lyran mech. :)

Now start doing some proper DC designs, will ya? I'd love to see your take on some of the 3055+ Draconis Combine mechs, like the Daikyu or Komodo.

Edited by Steinar Bergstol, 14 September 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#5128 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 14 September 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

If I have any criticism of this one (other than being a filthy Lyran machine :D ) it'd be the patterning on the armor. Kinda makes it look like it's wearing a suit of quilted padding.

Other than that, real nice design... for a Lyran mech. :)

Now start doing some proper DC designs, will ya? I'd love to see your take on some of the 3055+ Draconis Combine mechs, like the Daikyu or Komodo.

well, in fairness, I first made and modified the design, IRL on a WizKids MW:DA Clix figure. So I just took the drawing from it.

Komodo does need the love. It's actually a beast little mech, that is just coincidentally, beastly ugly, too.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 14 September 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#5129 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

I was thinking PGI would make a fortune if they made 2 Hero 'Mechs for the UrbanMech much like the Fang and Flame 'Heroes of the Dragon. I would love if PGI added...

"Outlaw"
This UrbanMech is the bad boy that uses an AC/20.

"Deputy"
This UrbanMech protects the innocent with an energy loadout.

#5130 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

Posted Image

And this just reminds me that PGI should be able to add the BLAZER as weapon in the game since it fits the timeline.

Dual core LL 4tw!!

View PostMaverick01, on 14 September 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

I was thinking PGI would make a fortune if they made 2 Hero 'Mechs for the UrbanMech much like the Fang and Flame 'Heroes of the Dragon. I would love if PGI added...

"Outlaw"

"Deputy"

Eh i´m still sad Bishop didn´t accepted my offer of a Vulture MK II from the teacher in exchange of an upcoming deputy Dawg battlemech model :)

#5131 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostMaverick01, on 14 September 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

"Outlaw"

"Deputy"

tis the purpose of the Deputy Dawg vs 1BadMoFo discussion that Utilyan and I have been having. The Dawg has had more than enough positive press, and the Urbanmech enough cult fan status, that I feel it could sell regardless of overall effectiveness. And if they are creative, it COULD be made effective.

View PostLord Perversor, on 14 September 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

And this just reminds me that PGI should be able to add the BLAZER as weapon in the game since it fits the timeline.

Dual core LL 4tw!!

Eh i´m still sad Bishop didn´t accepted my offer of a Vulture MK II from the teacher in exchange of an upcoming deputy Dawg battlemech model :)

Well, the whole goal might be to see what becomes of the Urbie model in the first place. Agent Cooper been mighty quiet of late. That said, I am hoping to be in the position to 3D print the little booger in the relatively near future.

#5132 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

I would love to see the Zeus in the game. That is like a minor dream of mine. I do accept however, it will not add anything new in play style for the game. I think the niches are getting all covered up, that its time to introduce mechs just because of their iconic status in the Battletech universe.

#5133 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

No problem with the Zeus in the game...

More steiner assault mech to blow up... :D

#5134 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

Posted Image

SO...
F*****...
SEXY!!!!

Edit:

OMG i din´t realize that sarna did a new article about this little beauty:

Posted Image

How could anyone NOT want this baby?! :D

Edited by Ens, 15 September 2013 - 07:57 AM.

#5135 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

View PostEns, on 15 September 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

SO...
F*****...
SEXY!!!!

Edit:

OMG i din´t realize that sarna did a new article about this little beauty:

Posted Image

How could anyone NOT want this baby?! :)

wonder if Alex/Dennis will add fins or no fins? I personally would like to see it with fins. in MW4 it didnt' have the shoulder fins and just didn't look like a zeus

Without the fins it looks kind of boring

Posted Image

and too much like the dragon II
Posted Image
though arguably one might say the dragon 2 looks similar to the zeus. because the zeus came first. But personally I hate to see so much redundancy in two very iconic mechs.

Edited by Jin Ma, 15 September 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#5136 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

The fins for some models of the Zeus are most prominently featured on the ZEU-X "Zeus X" line, which came into being in the late 3060s and one of which was famously piloted by one Stacy Church of the Wolf's Dragoons.

Though, the fins (which may or may not be cooling fins... or plumage to be "used in the complex and amazing Zeus mating ritual" :)) also appear on the Zeus pictured on the covered on Maximum Tech, which was printed in 1997 and covered BT from 3056 onward... so, the fins do predate the ZEU-X line (though, by how much is unknown).
Posted Image

#5137 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 15 September 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

The fins for some models of the Zeus are most prominently featured on the ZEU-X "Zeus X" line, which came into being in the late 3060s and one of which was famously piloted by one Stacy Church of the Wolf's Dragoons.

Though, the fins (which may or may not be cooling fins... or plumage to be "used in the complex and amazing Zeus mating ritual" :)) also appear on the Zeus pictured on the covered on Maximum Tech, which was printed in 1997 and covered BT from 3056 onward... so, the fins do predate the ZEU-X line (though, by how much is unknown).
Posted Image

well, the Original Zeus-X was introduced in 3054, tbh,
http://www.masteruni...31/zeus-x-zeu-x
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Zeus_X

What can i say, this was during my era of TT, before all the revisionist history and rewrites and evertyhting else were added.

It's amazing how many units were available to be played in my era of Battletech (Fed-Com Civil War and earlier) that never actually EXISTED in my era of TT tournaments, lol.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 15 September 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#5138 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 September 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

well, the Original Zeus-X was introduced in 3054, tbh,
http://www.masteruni...31/zeus-x-zeu-x
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Zeus_X

What can i say, this was during my era of TT, before all the revisionist history and rewrites and evertyhting else were added.

It's amazing how many units were available to be played in my era of Battletech (Fed-Com Civil War and earlier) that never actually EXISTED in my era of TT tournaments, lol.

Though, the Zeus-X sarna article also says the original ZEU-X - "the first of what became commonly referred to as the Zeus X series" - was "armored with both normal armor and Reactive Armor on its limbs" and "was armed with an LB-X Autocannon/20 as its primary weapon, backed up by an MRM 30 launcher". :)

Both the IS LB 20-X and the MRM-30 weren't created until 3058, and Reactive Armor wasn't created until 3063.
Additionally, its implementation would require MWO's implementing the "Patchwork Armor" rules from page 377 of Tactical Operations.

#5139 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 15 September 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

Though, the Zeus-X sarna article also says the original ZEU-X - "the first of what became commonly referred to as the Zeus X series" - was "armored with both normal armor and Reactive Armor on its limbs" and "was armed with an LB-X Autocannon/20 as its primary weapon, backed up by an MRM 30 launcher". :)

Both the IS LB 20-X and the MRM-30 weren't created until 3058, and Reactive Armor wasn't created until 3063.
Additionally, its implementation would require MWO's implementing the "Patchwork Armor" rules from page 377 of Tactical Operations.

they weren't in production until then. The Zeus-X started life specifically as a test bed for experimental weaponry. Hence, it is logical to assume these were prototype weapons. Though as with many late 90s Battletec things, the MRM30 bothers me, since that was specifically DCMS tech, and unliekly, even with the chumminess of Victor and Hohiro, to be shared with the AFFC, especially in a prototype form.

Experimental and Prototypes seldom actually conformed to "Legal" rules. And I would point out the MUL date, is from CGL, the "official" source of the Battletech IP (though obviously not at the time Maximum Tech was produced) so it is the "Correct" date, even if some of the Saran info is indeed headache inducing.

If you think this is bad, go look at Tales of the BWC sourebook from first Edition and the original game stats for the Super Griffin and Super Wasp, mechs with both SHS and DHS in the same chassis, among other things.

#5140 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

Banshee first!, we have Victor and Awesome now. been looking forward to a 95ton mech for a whilePosted Image

29 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users