ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:11 AM

View PostCK16, on 17 June 2016 - 06:45 AM, said:

You know... I do wonder if Russ will announce another mech tonight or not....considering we JUST got the Huntsman would seem odd to release one so close but, eh (Linebacker < Huntsman anyway)

Also really wanting to hear how many apples Russ is willing to pluck from the current barrel. Or at least how many he feels comfortable with picking out.

Cyclops got thrown out sort of that way, but it does seem a little soon. But since he seems to have "listened" to the complaint about the way THs have been handled...... perhaps he is avoiding a mech announcement tied to it so that people have one less thing to whine about.

Aka, TH being a commercial for the next Mech Pack...despite the fact that comments in the TH chat seem to indicate that MOST participants actually want their Mech Packs and those against are just the extremely vocal (shocking, right?) minority.

#13622 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:13 AM

Same ones that ***** about any new mech pack....thinking th game magically fixes it's self with out need for income orrrrr that some how they think PGI spends all thier time modeling,coding, and painting new mechs and that's it.....think all of us here can see mechpacks don't hurt the game, single packs are fairly quick to produce and not require many man hours. Also they do keep the game interesting since its something new every month sort of deal.

Edited by CK16, 17 June 2016 - 07:14 AM.

#13623 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:26 AM

View PostCK16, on 17 June 2016 - 07:13 AM, said:

Same ones that ***** about any new mech pack....thinking th game magically fixes it's self with out need for income orrrrr that some how they think PGI spends all thier time modeling,coding, and painting new mechs and that's it.....think all of us here can see mechpacks don't hurt the game, single packs are fairly quick to produce and not require many man hours. Also they do keep the game interesting since its something new every month sort of deal.

my Guess is that we will get a lot of reveals on the Rescale. Maybe some Dekuhl Talk.

#13624 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:34 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 June 2016 - 07:26 AM, said:

my Guess is that we will get a lot of reveals on the Rescale. Maybe some Dekuhl Talk.

The sad bit is, they will talk all about the massive rescale project, possibly the decals, probably a little bit about the efforts going into the world tournament, the command wheel, some of the bug fixes, the new power draw system, the new frozen city map, how their map team tripled in size...

...and people will still ***** about something. Probably Community Warfare. Because PGI is capable of handling all aspects of the game at the same exact time due to their infinite resources. Also, expect people to complain about how there's a lack of content. Because new maps, power draw, and the command wheel don't apply, evidently.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 17 June 2016 - 07:36 AM.

#13625 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:22 AM

Pretty much, this town hall seems to be a very well laid out one so far with plenty to talk about. But as you pointed out some will never be happy. Makes me wonder if they really just hate everything, no matter what PGI does it is never right kinda deal to them....

I am excited still for tonight, probably will be chilling in CGBI's TS in the Ice bar or something if anyone wants to chill while watching, BYOB though sorry! Really hoping to get an answer from Russ on what he wants out the barrel, and that way gives us more information to work with on what we could expect for next mechs ect.Or atleast what the next few mechs will be Faction and class ect.

P.S. just preorder the Huntsman :D

Edited by CK16, 17 June 2016 - 08:27 AM.

#13626 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:07 AM

View PostCK16, on 17 June 2016 - 08:22 AM, said:

Pretty much, this town hall seems to be a very well laid out one so far with plenty to talk about. But as you pointed out some will never be happy. Makes me wonder if they really just hate everything, no matter what PGI does it is never right kinda deal to them....

I am excited still for tonight, probably will be chilling in CGBI's TS in the Ice bar or something if anyone wants to chill while watching, BYOB though sorry! Really hoping to get an answer from Russ on what he wants out the barrel, and that way gives us more information to work with on what we could expect for next mechs ect.Or atleast what the next few mechs will be Faction and class ect.

P.S. just preorder the Huntsman Posted Image

I for one want to see MWO be a success, as I understand that if MWO fails, the IP will be suck in some deep dark basement to never see the light of day again. That being said, I am left with the impression that PGI doesn't know what to do with the game, or they are too quick to change course on what they think needs to be done. InforWar could've been a wonderful thing, with some refining. A proper Cone of Fire predicable shot deviation from center could be a wonderful thing as well, and add a level of complexity to MWO, if the group of the 'church of skill', can get their heads around it, and under stand that it would raise the skill floor and skill ceilings...

I'll be honest, I wish they went more "sim-like" rather than "twitch-like", but it is what it is. I also think they need to figure out who their target audience is, and try to cater to them, yes there is the risk of alienating the other groups that play MWO, but there is also the chance that you could change their point of view on that too.

Anyways, more to the point of this thread, the mechs left I want to see:

Stinger
Wasp
Bushwacker
Crusader
Longbow
Devistator
Piranah
Cougar
Coyolt
Warhammer IIC

#13627 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:22 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 June 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

I for one want to see MWO be a success, as I understand that if MWO fails, the IP will be suck in some deep dark basement to never see the light of day again. That being said, I am left with the impression that PGI doesn't know what to do with the game, or they are too quick to change course on what they think needs to be done. InforWar could've been a wonderful thing, with some refining. A proper Cone of Fire predicable shot deviation from center could be a wonderful thing as well, and add a level of complexity to MWO, if the group of the 'church of skill', can get their heads around it, and under stand that it would raise the skill floor and skill ceilings...

I'll be honest, I wish they went more &quot;sim-like&quot; rather than &quot;twitch-like&quot;, but it is what it is. I also think they need to figure out who their target audience is, and try to cater to them, yes there is the risk of alienating the other groups that play MWO, but there is also the chance that you could change their point of view on that too.

Anyways, more to the point of this thread, the mechs left I want to see:

Stinger
Wasp
Bushwacker
Crusader
Longbow
Devistator
Piranah
Cougar
Coyolt
Warhammer IIC
Nightstar

Ftfy (we made a deal ;)

#13628 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:15 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 June 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

Stinger
Wasp
Bushwacker
Crusader
Longbow
Devistator
Piranah
Cougar
Coyolt
Warhammer IIC

EDIT: OK, I will split the list in 2.

My 10:

Before the time jump:
  • Stinger
  • Wasp
  • Javelin (or Valkyrie)
  • Assassin
  • Crusader
  • Charger
  • Longbow
  • Fire Moth
  • Conjurer/Hellhound (something between the MW4 design and the MWO's Wolverine - trying to conciliate the lore with the screwed up, but gorgeous, MW4 version)
  • Black Lanner
And after the time jump: (so they can be done properly, with new weapons)
  • Uziel
  • Fafnir
  • UrbanMech IIC
  • Rifleman IIC
  • Nova Cat
  • Black Python
  • Marauder IIC
  • Blood Asp
  • Mad Cat MK II
  • Bane
(underlined those I really want)

Edited by Odanan, 18 June 2016 - 08:08 AM.
cheating

#13629 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

Thanatoes
Uziel/Bushwacker
Fafnir
Hauptmann
Sunder
Cougar
Hellhound (Mw4 style)
Nova Cat
Mad Cat Mk II
Blood Asp

Cant tell where my beginnings are can ya? lol

Edited by CK16, 17 June 2016 - 05:28 PM.

#13630 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:40 PM

View PostCK16, on 17 June 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

Thanatoes
Uziel/Bushwacker
Fafnir
Hauptmann
Sunder
Cougar
Hellhound (Mw4 style)
Nova Cat
Mad Cat Mk II
Blood Asp

Cant tell where my beginnings are can ya? lol

*unfriends*

#13631 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:43 PM

So we are talking about Top 10s? Cool!

Excalibur
Lancelot
Ostroc
Spartan
Spector
Falconer
Jackal
Gunslinger
Nightstar
Cestus

All available in 3053, although some only in tiny numbers...

#13632 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:43 PM

Bane
Nova Cat
Pouncer
Fire Falcon
Fire Moth

In no particular order. And thazzit. Last of the Clan mechs I want to see. Two of which we won't stand a chance of seeing anytime soon.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 17 June 2016 - 05:44 PM.

#13633 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:02 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 June 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

*unfriends*

....Oh come on!

#13634 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:13 PM

View PostCK16, on 17 June 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

....Oh come on!

game existed BEFORE 2002. All I'm gonna say.

It's liek these kids trying to compare freakign Avenged Sevenfold to Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden.....

#13635 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:18 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 June 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

game existed BEFORE 2002. All I'm gonna say.

It's liek these kids trying to compare freakign Avenged Sevenfold to Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden.....

I really liked that metaphor. Metallica would be a better comparison, however (Av. Sev. sucked a lot from Met.).

#13636 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:19 PM

and just in "honor" of Odanan's homeland (and sadly their ...Olympic Issues)

#13637 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:23 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 June 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

and just in "honor" of Odanan's homeland (and sadly their ...Olympic Issues)

If those were the only issues... :(

#13638 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:28 PM

View PostOdanan, on 17 June 2016 - 06:23 PM, said:

If those were the only issues... Posted Image

I feel you man, remember I live in Mexico, so have some of the same issues. Beautiful countries ruined by corruption and violence. Geez. If Mexico wasn't so buried in corruption it could blow the USA out of the water for economies, there are such insane levels of natural resources here.

#13639 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:34 PM

Well.......ear perking for sure atleast.....

View PostAlistair Winter, on 16 June 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

• Russ says we’re not too far off from a timeline jump. Mad Cat Mk 2 may be announced in a few months. Russ says he doesn’t really care about the year, it’s more about what kind of technology those mechs have.

I am not going to go off thinking its set in stone and confirmed, well it is all but confirmed IMO its closer then some would think....But as he said there is a list of them, IMO possible some later 3050's first but who knows....Maybe we will get Nova Cat next instead of the Linebacker? But yea, defiantly interesting, considering the context of the question was not about the Mk II, more about his current feels on current era mechs.

#13640 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:10 PM

Are we still doing top tens? Oh well, here's mine.

1. Nightstar
2. Falconer
3. Rajin
4. Assassin
5. Javelin
6. Bane
7. Bandersnatch
8. Gunslinger
9. Lynx
10. Anvil

Special mention for the remaining unseen (minus the Valkyrie)

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users