• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:27 PM

The Rangers will be camped out on Wazan since that seems to be our temporary home for now...

#22 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:05 AM

View Poststevemac, on 21 December 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

The Rangers will be camped out on Wazan since that seems to be our temporary home for now...

What's the going rate for beach-front property on that rock? 200k C-Bills per acre?

#23 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:34 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 22 December 2014 - 02:05 AM, said:

What's the going rate for beach-front property on that rock? 200k C-Bills per acre?

130000 Cbills due to all the mechs all over the place. Mind you the value will sky rocket once we get the nice view of Old Kentucky settled.

Edited by stevemac, 22 December 2014 - 02:40 AM.

#24 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:29 AM

Drive your Mech to Midnight Service, and keep your sidearm loaded.

#25 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:43 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 22 December 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

Drive your Mech to Midnight Service, and keep your sidearm loaded.

Keep it loaded and in its holster, and everything will be fine.

#26 jotunnheim

• Pip
  • The Ace
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:40 PM

A ceasefire...... really. I will not claim to speak for our unit but...... no no and not for me. Kick the tires and light the fires I am rolling in on any day at any time. To... Cough .... put this as nicely as possible ... cough ... cough are you paying for my game time and mechs? It would be a very faulty ( if not absolutely absurd ) idea to ask me not to use what I pay for.

lets think this through for a moment.... Hey guys I have a great idea lets tell thousands of people who may not celebrate a certain religious holiday to not use there property and time the way they want to. Look I don't mind Christmas but hey what about Ramadan should we call a ceasefire for Ramadan, maybe we could call ceasefires on Buddhist holidays and orthodox holidays and lent and Pentecost. please folks if you spend time with your family go spend time with all of your loved ones. This game is not a job do not worry about a lost planet over the holidays.

For those of you who love the game come on and get some hot sweaty mech action you enjoy.

But I think a thread suggesting people don't use that which they are vested in because of your beliefs or your going home from college or because you have to put up with crazy uncle Larry who drinks to much and your grandma who smells funny and always thinks your five even though your 15 and buys you pairs socks every year is a little um... egocentric.

Here is my suggestion to all, play the game and enjoy it when you want to. Of course you all more than free to suggest any ridiculous thing you want to Happy holidays.

#27 St0neFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, US

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

Once again thanks for the Humor, I love reading this stuff ... i agree with one thing, spend the holidays as you wish to, regardless of religion or whatever i have always looked at this as a time to reflect on the last year and how things are in my life ... if you wish to fight then fight ... if you wish to relax with friends and family then do so ... for a game to be so serious that we want (or not) to agree on how it is played at this time of year is well ... not really important ... do what you want, be happy, and hope for greater things to come ... happy holidays in whatever form they may be ...

Edited by StoneFeyer, 22 December 2014 - 06:14 PM.

#28 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:43 PM

Regardless of the chest-thumping of a few individuals, the leadership of the organized Davion war effort is on board with the 72 hour window mentioned by OP (ceasefire on the 23rd through ceasefire on the 26th) being marked for defensive operations only.

We understand that no faction - no matter how well organized - can control their pugs, so we will defend our worlds and we would never ask any other faction to leave their worlds completely undefended.

Please take this opportunity to stonewall the invading Clans, and fight on as the Star League in the spirit of unity this holiday season.

#29 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 22 December 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Regardless of the chest-thumping of a few individuals, the leadership of the organized Davion war effort is on board with the 72 hour window mentioned by OP (ceasefire on the 23rd through ceasefire on the 26th) being marked for defensive operations only.

We understand that no faction - no matter how well organized - can control their pugs, so we will defend our worlds and we would never ask any other faction to leave their worlds completely undefended.

Please take this opportunity to stonewall the invading Clans, and fight on as the Star League in the spirit of unity this holiday season.

Aaaand the window is opened for violating the cease fire.

My mech will be staying on my side of the line as long as your mechs stay on your side.

Edited by Kjudoon, 22 December 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#30 100mile

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:58 PM

Aces Wild will support the defend only cease fire but make no mistake we will defend if necessary. We will also take this opportunity to support our brethren in Blue across the line, in greater numbers than normally available and see what we can do about helping them defend their planets from Clan aggression.

#31 Miley Osiris on Speed Twerk

Rookie

• Command Sergeant-Major
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:15 PM

Colostomy Explosion will honor this ceasefire and only defend. Hopefully, most of you will spend time with your families. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy Winter Solstice, or just enjoy that your employer gave you time off. This is a great time for family regardless of your religious preferences. This is a wonderful idea.

#32 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:18 PM

72 hours of free premium time wasted if this ceasefire holds.

#33 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

Nothing stopping you from hitting the clans

#34 Miley Osiris on Speed Twerk

Rookie

• Command Sergeant-Major
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:38 PM

Don't look at it as wasted premium time, but rather as well spent family time

#35 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

Seriously, Marik. Go rock the Clan border for Kurita. You're going to laugh your asses off. We've been hardcore rocking each other with units and carefully refined tactics; the Clan border is like 80% pugs. Most the top tier Clanner units didn't even know you could JJ into a box behind the gens until after it was fixed. They've faced so few hardcore organized units that they've got no clue what a full on beatdown looks like. They can't light rush, most of them have literally 2 Stormcrows and 2 TWs or a mix of them and a Hellbringer. They are flat out a one-trick pony. I'm comfortable saying that most the Marik units I play against who decide to roll in force up to the Kurita border are going to feel like they're on a seal clubbing expedition.

No offense to the Kurita units; some hardcore folks in red and black. However they're spread over 8 fronts and simply can't provide the steady, repeated presence that the Dav/Mar border has. I go up to the Clan border to take a break from fighting Mariks. Not trying to belittle the Clanners; just it's a whole other world up there. Mostly pugs (on boht sides) most the time and the Clanner dependence on 'advance steadily under fire with LRM support' as their only real tactical option has not facilitated the flexibility and tactical toolbox the most hardcore IS vs IS fighting has. Dav/Kur and Dav/Liao are both hot spots too but not nearly as busy nor as regularly populated with the same variety of organized units.

#36 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

We're a Merc Unit.
There's no stopping for holidays in our contract.

#37 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:08 PM

View PostDelas Ting Usee, on 22 December 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

We're a Merc Unit.
There's no stopping for holidays in our contract.

So attack us...... But think of this Merik Border should be quite the stiner border is quite Liao enuf said there.. so where is every Davion unit going to hit

#38 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:40 PM

That does sound fun and it would be nice to see some whimpering claners, saying IS mechs are OP, ha ,lol

#39 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:42 PM

View Poststevemac, on 22 December 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

Nothing stopping you from hitting the clans

yeah, when I played TT, we all threw out every clan book. They didn't exist in our games. So being able to do that in MWO is a plus. Too bad CW is terminally broken right now.

Edited by Kjudoon, 22 December 2014 - 09:43 PM.

#40 100mile

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 22 December 2014 - 09:42 PM, said:

yeah, when I played TT, we all threw out every clan book. They didn't exist in our games. So being able to do that in MWO is a plus. Too bad CW is terminally broken right now.

How do you figure?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users