Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

Join House Kurita....

#2 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

I genuinely believe things will be better a little after new years. I have to imagine most of our competitive units, especially our american ones, are busy with the holidays for the next two weeks and will have little if any time to play MWO.

That being said, PGI should make better use of population controls. Contract pay should scale up and down on factions that are overcrowded/underpopulated, and ghost dropping's effects on the CW map should be disabled for the time being so people can feel secure that the borders are reflecting the matches played. It would also help if the ceasefire period would happen more than once a day, or shift the time of the ceasefire day to day so other timezones feel like their CW matches matter more. I know plenty of our European Kurita units are frustrated to see so much of their progress in their timezones amount to nothing right now.

For now, keep spreading the word wherever you see kurita pugs. Take the time to solo drop on our borders once or twice this holiday and spread the word - let's make Kurita the best damn organized faction in the game, there's always room on house-kurita.enjinvoice.com for more pugs to sit in and coordinate with each other.

#3 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:30 PM

As the Davion/Marik/Liao fronts cool (which is inevitable) you'll get more IS folks helping against the Clanners. Also merc units will start to slow down on LP reward gains and switch houses. Plenty of mercs have gone with Steiner and Davion right now; that's great. They're mercs, not house units though and one thing Kurita can offer is a lot of steady fighting. Once you get enough 3rd party support for defense against the Clans and can start winning some victories against them you'll likely find a huge up-tic on IS units showing up to help.

As a Davion I can tell you.... everyone loves a winner.

#4 Red October911

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 211 posts
  • LocationMTL,Quebec

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:54 PM

*join Cappellans or Smoke Jags, seriously, we have the lowest player base so you have to instinctively try to play at your best 100% of the time...

not to say kurita has it any easier, but the lack of player base definitely hurts us smaller guys more...But also makes it all the more fun and competitive :P

Edited by Red October911, 23 December 2014 - 05:55 PM.

#5 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostDarth Buddha, on 23 December 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

MWO ON HARD MODE

Join House Kurita....

The planet Wazan would like to have a word with you.

Edited by Roadbeer, 23 December 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#6 Darth Buddha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:08 PM

PGI may have to remove Insta Ghost Wins? because a few large groups will always stay large and may become larger..

#7 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:12 PM

I believe it is more due to the fact that Kurita is PUG city as a whole.

Not many units that can field 12 mans and several small ones that refuse to use HK Teamspeak.

This Holiday event is also bringing out all the ghouls on xmas :(

#8 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:43 PM

View PostRed October911, on 23 December 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

*join Cappellans or Smoke Jags, seriously, we have the lowest player base so you have to instinctively try to play at your best 100% of the time...

not to say kurita has it any easier, but the lack of player base definitely hurts us smaller guys more...But also makes it all the more fun and competitive :P

while you might be the smallest is house , playerwise, you have to defend exactly 1 planet . i dont say that this is easy as the davies can simply send more waves of attackers than you can dream of defending but they do have 2 more fronts to fight on.

as for davion... the units that are actualy taking planets from the combine are mercs, AW and MS are the ones winning you the northern front, barly saw any house unit there. are they exclusivly working on FWL and Cappella?
i am seriously courious how it will change the situation once MS moves on, its just one unit but it had a hugh impact on the situation on the red-yellow border.

balance of power in the current form of CW is a weired thing, the wandering merc faction is one of the biggest powers, number wise AND 12man capability wise while it should be the houseunits outnumbering them 100-1 .

clanfront is also weired. our defenses vs the clans is fought by 80% random ppl from all factions.
its the organised teams that win 90% of the fights that decide who gets the planet in the end and in that department the 2 clans, invading the combine, have a convincing advantage over kurita.

teamplay is overpowered!!! :-)

#9 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

Teamplay being op has been true in this game since closed beta. At least they separated the queues.

#10 DEFENSETURRET

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostSmoked, on 24 December 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

Teamplay being op has been true in this game since closed beta. At least they separated the queues.

Teamplay being OP scales up exponentially with the size of the conflict. It gives a little advantage in a 2v2, a large advantage in a 12v12, and turns CW completely on its head.

The higher the percentage of units coordinating within a faction, the greater that faction's chances of success.

#11 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostSocop, on 23 December 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

That being said, PGI should make better use of population controls. Contract pay should scale up and down on factions that are overcrowded/underpopulated, and ghost dropping's effects on the CW map should be disabled for the time being so people can feel secure that the borders are reflecting the matches played.
Population control like, for example, actually enforcing canon faction alignments such as FedCom vs Kapteyn Accord - I must be missing something, for I have no idea why an option as obvious as this was not implemented.

Scaling contract pay for mercs is also an excellent idea, and entirely realistic. Factions who lack in-house military capabilities will attempt to supplement them with mercenaries - the more they need them, the better they'll pay.

Third: Ensure that matches are launched and counted only when there are sufficient players on both sides. Let winning team joiners complain about long queue times - it's their fault for not playing in/for smaller factions where they might get thrown into battle nigh-instantly. This is something that has been common knowledge for over a decade thanks to WoW battlegrounds.

Alternatively, factions who lack in players could have their victories counted multiple times to compensate for smaller numbers, at a ratio that depends on the number of active/participating players, which would put greater responsibility on fewer warriors (very fitting for Kurita).

Yet another option would be to convert every 2nd match that was conceded due to lacking defenders into a win, assuming a 50:50 victory/defeat ratio and thus effectively removing ghost drops from the equation.
Or, y'know, ghost drops could simply not be counted at all.

#12 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

Don't flatter yourself Combine warriors, real hard mode is FRR - they all surrounded from all sides.

#13 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:11 PM

View PostTank, on 24 December 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

Don't flatter yourself Combine warriors, real hard mode is FRR - they all surrounded from all sides.

Regardless of who has it roughest, I'm pretty sure davs are the last group that has any idea what difficulty in this game is like.

#14 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostSocop, on 24 December 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

Regardless of who has it roughest, I'm pretty sure davs are the last group that has any idea what difficulty in this game is like.

Says someone who hasn't fought on the Marik/Davion border.

#15 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:19 PM

Play as a FWL or a FS and you will see hard mode

#16 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

228 did all the heavy lifting on your Davion border for the first week. 3TL put up hard fights when they could make it down there, but I sense they were a bit busy on Turtle Bay at the time.

Ever since then, hardly anybody's been showing up to fight us. I can't blame you for making assumptions about our might when you haven't tasted our steel... so take it from someone who's had more than his fair share of Davion might:

View PostRoadbeer, on 24 December 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

Roadbeer and his Mariks are the toughest sons-of-******* to ever power up a Battlemech, and they've been making us work day in and day out for every inch of territory we gain.

Spend a day on either side of that yellow and purple line, then talk about difficulty.

#17 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 24 December 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

228 did all the heavy lifting on your Davion border for the first week. 3TL put up hard fights when they could make it down there, but I sense they were a bit busy on Turtle Bay at the time.

Ever since then, hardly anybody's been showing up to fight us. I can't blame you for making assumptions about our might when you haven't tasted our steel... so take it from someone who's had more than his fair share of Davion might:

Roadbeer and his Mariks are the toughest sons-of-******* to ever power up a Battlemech, and they've been making us work day in and day out for every inch of territory we gain.

Spend a day on either side of that yellow and purple line, then talk about difficulty.

FWL are fanatics, they fight without fear, their tenacity is a sight to behold.

#18 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

I've dropped a few times against the Clans in your nation. Of course, I've also dropped a few times on our shared border...

Old habits, etc.

#19 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 24 December 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

So you admit Ghost dropping for planet caps by having no one to fight?

Your short term memory has also lead you to forget NS planets on your border until we as a house refocused on the Clans.

I guess no one can blame you from hiding from the clan front and attacking IS instead.

Ironic how we can say the same about Marik not knowing what it is like to be in our shoes.

#20 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:30 PM

If you want to assume offense where none is intended I can't stop you. I've spent my share of time pug and group dropping on the davion/kurita borders ever since CW opened and they're consistently the worst players I run into, both when I'm fighting them or stuck with them on my team on defense against clanners.

The continued chestbeating by random davs about what big boys they are for zerging every border they have (except conveniently the only other faction to rival them in raw numbers, steiner) has been one of the funnier things to watch over the holidays.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users