60 replies to this topic

#41 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:38 AM

From 0% to 40% in about a hour with no defenders.
Nice work 12man Davies... So pls dont tell me something about Ghostdrops again

Posted Image

#42 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:35 AM

View PostReitmeier, on 28 December 2014 - 04:38 AM, said:

Posted Image

Ghost drops happen when the defenders don't show up.

You said it yourself, there were no defenders. We absolutely will take a planet if it's undefended. Why would we not?

What we have consistently railed against is the accusation that our population somehow allows us to get massive numbers of ghost drops on actively defended planets. If that were possible, it would render the defender's actions meaningless and be against the spirit of the game.

The entire purpose of ghost drops is so that a faction cannot simply refuse to play against another without losing territory. It prevents an exploit.

#43 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:55 AM

But you still need 12 defenders.
I cannot remember this davion unit but their behavior was really strange.
I joined solo a queue at the clan border and Misery was at 0/0 (Attackers/Defenders). After one hour (waiting and playtime) I saw that Misery switched to 40% with 12/0. Of course i joined the defenders queue but not enough defenders joined so this 12man got their next ghostdrop after 10min. After this drop we got 12 defenders and were able to fight them but after this fight the 12man Davies disappeared. So for me it's look like this 12man just wanted to get as many easy wins as they can.
So I just blame this behavior...

Edited by Reitmeier, 28 December 2014 - 07:57 AM.

#44 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:22 AM

View Postjaxjace, on 24 December 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

FWL are fanatics, they fight without fear, their tenacity is a sight to behold.

The Lord bless and keep you.
The Lord make his face shine upon you
and give you peace...

... unless you face us.

:lol:

Love,
The Seraphim

(sorry, had to rip off the old homily of parting and give it a twist for fun.) ^_^

#45 xMEPHISTOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:38 PM

View PostReitmeier, on 28 December 2014 - 04:38 AM, said:

Posted Image

View PostReitmeier, on 28 December 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

But you still need 12 defenders.
I cannot remember this davion unit but their behavior was really strange.
I joined solo a queue at the clan border and Misery was at 0/0 (Attackers/Defenders). After one hour (waiting and playtime) I saw that Misery switched to 40% with 12/0. Of course i joined the defenders queue but not enough defenders joined so this 12man got their next ghostdrop after 10min. After this drop we got 12 defenders and were able to fight them but after this fight the 12man Davies disappeared. So for me it's look like this 12man just wanted to get as many easy wins as they can.
So I just blame this behavior...

Soooo...if you don't defend it they shouldn't attack it>? Not to realistic of a thought. Defend your planets or lose them.

#46 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:53 PM

Kurita, Liao and FRR is hard mode in this game. The same people show up in every thread and assure everyone that their massive population makes the game harder, and that Marik/Dav pilots are the best evar.

Meanwhile, the Clan advance continues, unabated. Can't wait for these ubar pilots to show up, but I'm guessing they will keep safe down south, circle fapping over the purple/yellow border.

What a showcase of skill.

#47 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:16 AM

View PostbobF, on 28 December 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

Kurita, Liao and FRR is hard mode in this game. The same people show up in every thread and assure everyone that their massive population makes the game harder, and that Marik/Dav pilots are the best evar.

Meanwhile, the Clan advance continues, unabated. Can't wait for these ubar pilots to show up, but I'm guessing they will keep safe down south, circle fapping over the purple/yellow border.

What a showcase of skill.

So your problem with Davion and Marik loyalists is... that they're not signing up with Steiner/Rasalhague/Kurita?

Do you even understand what a loyalist is?

I've been Davion for longer than MWO has existed, son. That ain't gonna change.

#48 4b4dd0n

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:25 AM

So you cant defend planets which are attacked by clans as davion player? This must be new cause i can defend jaguar/bear or wolf planets if the IS attack them.

#49 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:31 AM

View Post4b4dd0n, on 29 December 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

So you cant defend planets which are attacked by clans as davion player? This must be new cause i can defend jaguar/bear or wolf planets if the IS attack them.

yeahhhh... I'm starting to think that players shouldn't be able to go to any front if they're not part of that faction.

#50 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:46 AM

View PostxMEPHISTOx, on 28 December 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

Soooo...if you don't defend it they shouldn't attack it>? Not to realistic of a thought. Defend your planets or lose them.

What I don't get is why any 12 man worth their salt would want to queue up for an empty planet and then waste their time waiting around in queue for a ghost drop to occur just to gain a fraction of a planet on the CW beta map when they could be finding a match somewhere else. Whether that match is against clans or in a regular public group drop on regular maps, I'd rather be dropping than waiting to claim territory.

-k

#51 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostKdogg788, on 29 December 2014 - 07:46 AM, said:

What I don't get is why any 12 man worth their salt would want to queue up for an empty planet and then waste their time waiting around in queue for a ghost drop to occur just to gain a fraction of a planet on the CW beta map when they could be finding a match somewhere else. Whether that match is against clans or in a regular public group drop on regular maps, I'd rather be dropping than waiting to claim territory.

-k

They just want their supper cool unit name on the planet so it will look like they did work.

Really though, maybe they can fight clans which basically insta drops u into a match.

I know even with the possibility of a ghost drop our unit QQ is so high we almost always fight clanners.

#52 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:05 PM

-k

No that is not the case at all. It is to secure a planet for csj (for clans its a little different than for IS doing it I suppose, reasons below) simple as that. Whether or not others choose to defend it or not, is not our problem.
Our problem however is lack of IS activity on CW queue. For instance, last night about 2 hrs prior to the ceasefire we were looking to secure Walcott however there were no defenders and it was already at 100% and there was no other planets active for us to battle on at that time as no one attacks clan planets and we as CSJ are unable to participate in cgb/cjf/cw offensives. So we were left with literaly nothing to do in CW until after the ceasefire when there were defenders for us to attack on Labrea of which ofc we pushed to 100% prior to logging for the night.
In summarization, if planet is secured and there is no activity then we simply go to pub battling for lack of IS resistance. No one is (at least I hope not) looking for ghost battles vs. turrets as it is incredibly dull and unentertaining to say the least. But the offensive must continue and if must do it to secure the next objective then so be it.

@Kdogg
Another difference is if we do not continue to push due to lack of defenders our progress to Terra is stalled, so again whether or not a planet is defended we HAVE to continue the attack to move forward to Luthien, and Terra.
Plus I need more japo concubines in my stable. :P

Edited by xMEPHISTOx, 29 December 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#53 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:20 PM

View Post4b4dd0n, on 29 December 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

We can drop on the defensive planet, but we can't drop on the attack planet.

-k

Usually, a turret walk or two will goad some defenders into showing up.

#54 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:24 PM

View PostxMEPHISTOx, on 29 December 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

No that is not the case at all. It is to secure a planet for csj (for clans its a little different than for IS doing it I suppose, reasons below) simple as that. Whether or not others choose to defend it or not, is not our problem.
Our problem however is lack of IS activity on CW queue. For instance, last night about 2 hrs prior to the ceasefire we were looking to secure Walcott however there were no defenders and it was already at 100% and there was no other planets active for us to battle on at that time as no one attacks clan planets and we as CSJ are unable to participate in cgb/cjf/cw offensives. So we were left with literaly nothing to do in CW until after the ceasefire when there were defenders for us to attack on Labrea of which ofc we pushed to 100% prior to logging for the night.

I'm starting to think the Draconis Combine has completely given up. They let their clan planets get rolled up to 100% and they don't even bother defending their IS borders very often.

Then I go solo-pugging in Rasalhague space and I see tons of Dracs.

I just don't understand.

#55 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 29 December 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

I'm starting to think the Draconis Combine has completely given up. They let their clan planets get rolled up to 100% and they don't even bother defending their IS borders very often.

Then I go solo-pugging in Rasalhague space and I see tons of Dracs.

I just don't understand.

Spread over every timezone, not enough 12mans at NA Primetime, no really "big" unit in NA (size), and so on...
Of course we are coordinate our drops but what do you think you can do with about 40 man on 3 (+1 if Steiners attacking) borders?
There are a lot of Pugs and small Units (no 12man) atm who just doing their own thing and dont care about Housekurita HP and TS.
I dont wont to say it again but Kurita has only a few number of coordinated Units. Maybe we have a lot of Pugs but yes...you know...
So please dont blame us for no coordination or that we allready gave up. We all do our best with these small numbers but this barely suffices.

#56 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:39 PM

Sad really, I remember the days when HK thrived back in MPBT: Solaris...one of my favorite BT titles to date. You couldn't throw a stone in space w/out hitting a Kuritan back then.

#57 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

View PostReitmeier, on 29 December 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

Spread over every timezone, not enough 12mans at NA Primetime, no really "big" unit in NA (size), and so on...
Of course we are coordinate our drops but what do you think you can do with about 40 man on 3 (+1 if Steiners attacking) borders?
There are a lot of Pugs and small Units (no 12man) atm who just doing their own thing and dont care about Housekurita HP and TS.
I dont wont to say it again but Kurita has only a few number of coordinated Units. Maybe we have a lot of Pugs but yes...you know...
So please dont blame us for no coordination or that we allready gave up. We all do our best with these small numbers but this barely suffices.

Most of my unit is on vacation but there're about 6 of us and we'll be (hopefully) bringing quite a few more onboard in January as new players that'll be mostly in the NA timezone, we'll all be on the Kurita TS then and help staunch the bleeding a little if we can then.

#58 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:41 PM

Ghost cap almost at ceasefire tonight.

Posted Image

End result after several free wins for Davion and real matches won by Kurita.

Posted Image

The problem is with a combination of losing and these free wins Davion again could have had an easy planet takeover.

#59 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

Posted Image

I just had to :)

#60 Conreg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades