#21 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 01 February 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

Nor is there a star wolves, clan traitor(wolf) in exile, clan wolf international, nor anything else in this forum currently existing Circa 3051 or anytime. So your point being?

My point is in regards to lore, and just lore. As you well know, PGI has blocked all lore units from being used as Unit names (there is actually a list that the system checks prior to the formation of a unit). So that explains all the different and flavourful Unit names out there.

View PostPLEXI, on 01 February 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

To those desiring cohesion with the BattleTech Universe's lore, that is all well and good. You are free to do so. However, to feel a need to impose a need for lore cohesion upon others is rather silly.

Let us not forget this game only follows the most broadest of strokes in regards to BattleTech's actual lore. The game is merely an excuse to mash virtual mechs together, and as you have so put CyclonerM; to create our own entry within our BattleTech experience. Just have fun with it.

The lore issues only come up with someone attempts to comment on lore or claim lore inaccurately. When threads have no mention of lore, then everyone has fun with it, as you say.

For example: "Why does Vlad have to look so ugly" - Cool. "Why does Khan Vladimer Ward have to look so ugly" - Opens the door to lore discussion.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 01 February 2015 - 01:22 PM.

#22 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

So you have spammed my recruitment thread to say... nothing? Thanks. Feel free to not post here anymore.

#23 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostPLEXI, on 01 February 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

Let us not forget this game only follows the most broadest of strokes in regards to BattleTech's actual lore. The game is merely an excuse to mash virtual mechs together, and as you have so put CyclonerM; to create our own entry within our BattleTech experience. Just have fun with it.

Of course, i cannot put an entry about Merlin Conners on Sarna, i was joking :P

However, this is what roleplaying is about, with all its different shades. Apologises if you Crusaders see this as spam, i will stop here..

#24 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:54 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 01 February 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

So you have spammed my recruitment thread to say... nothing? Thanks. Feel free to not post here anymore.

Consider it a bump to the top of the forums, but I will stop here.

#25 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:56 PM

Meh, Superbowl time soon anyways. Better go get the beer and nacho's anyways.

#26 PLEXI

• PipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 90 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:33 PM

It appears you have misunderstood what I was saying CyclonerM, I was stating nearly exactly that; that this game facilitates our ability to roleplay however we so choose as an online community. In other words a metaphorical entry.

Vxheous, Lore 'issues' completely depends on your perspective and your definition. To my knowledge there had not been an issue until a party had felt the need to rectify a perceived issue with the BattleTech lore. However, the problem with this is that this game does not follow BattleTech lore. It very loosely uses it to create what I would consider an impressionistic watercolor painting of the universe.

Look at how differently the invasion timeline has already been changed. You have multiple groups of players roleplaying as completely unique groups that had never existed within the BattleTech universe before. Or players reviving a faction that no longer exists according to the year, or playing as a faction that will not technically exist for decades (or even more). I do not recall Naglinator asserting that Vladimir Ward was Khan specifically during 3051, which would be a verifiable false statement within the BattleTech lore... but from the perspective of a group roleplaying within BattleTech's future concepts/events, they are certainly within their rights to still claim him as a Khan.

There is a time and place to legitimately discuss the lore of BattleTech; however, it does not seem warranted here.

#27 Lanadon Conners

• Pip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 11 posts
  • LocationIn a Dropship in Orbit above you

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:47 PM

This is Community Warfare. All folks need to know is that this is a group of Hard Hitting, NEVER sitting, in your face, Capture your place, Crusader Wolves.

It really shouldn't matter even if they wanted to claim they were an original Star League Exodus unit caught in a Jump Error, or whatever "RP-Back Story" any unit creates for itself. Folks looking for a unit should give them a try first. 07

#28 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:20 PM

Check out Plexi's new and improved art at the first post. Very awesome indeed.

#29 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:41 AM

I SWEAR we aren't using falcon colours. These are DEFINITELY less green... :)

Posted Image

#30 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

Lol yay, tournie time! Time for the 5 man clans to rock :) Though for those who need to join a bigger unit check out the SWOL's and CWI.

#31 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:02 PM

o7 and a shoutout to Clan Crusader.

Only the most hardcore of Crusader bada$$es need apply

#32 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:24 AM

For anyone who is willing to don on a little bit of forest green and grey give me a PM as Plexi and I are creating a short video.

#33 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:30 AM

Posted Image

Five mechs enter, one mech leaves :)

#34 KillSecured CGB Magnusson ZeLaw

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

Are you perma loyal to your clan? No side swaps, no mercs?
Im looking for a perma loyal tight group of friends to learn and get fun together.

Is there any required mechs to join you?

#35 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:15 PM

Perma wolf, perma crusader. Filthy warden traitors and mercs need not apply :) Fill out the application on the website then we can talk :)

clanwolfcrusader.enjin.com

#36 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:58 PM

Lol, another game showing trueborn superiority over the freebirths... Posted Image

#37 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:31 AM

With our resident artist indisposed at the moment, it falls onto me to take up the brush. Here is my first draft of our upcoming CW mission screens.

Posted Image

#38 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:50 AM

Just a shout out to the Star Wolves for allowing us to CW drop with them. It's much appreciated the opportunity they gave us to slaughter more freebirths :)

#39 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:28 PM

Since we're doing one warrior for personal reasons for a while we are looking to add one more for anyone who is interested.

#40 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:43 AM

For anyone who's bored(and I mean REALLY bored) I started a series on examining the Clans

http://mwomercs.com/...s-on-the-clans/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users