Which mech is the best for House Davion with the founders pack

67 replies to this topic

#1 NovaFusion

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationIn drop ship....Scouting the landscpape

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

I will be getting the founders pack in a day or two. I have played some previous mech games. I have devoted loyalty to Davion and would like some advice on the best choice of mech for my service to the House.

#2 Argon3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

Any one you like
If iot is not actually a House mech then obviouly it was salvage from a fight

#3 100mile

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:55 AM

Which ever one is gonna fulfill the role you wanna play the most...If your a scout don't get the Atlas...(cause we ain't Steiner)...lol
If you want maneuverability and firepower...the hunchie is a good combo mech....it just depends on you and your style of play...

#4 Vaktor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 271 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

I like medium mechs so I will use the hunchback... It is a Davionish mech right?

#5 C u j o

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostVaktor, on 28 June 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

I like medium mechs so I will use the hunchback... It is a Davionish mech right?

It is actually a SLDF mech from 2750 , don't ask why I know so much about Hunchback

#6 Hykelion

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostNovaFusion, on 27 June 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

I will be getting the founders pack in a day or two. I have played some previous mech games. I have devoted loyalty to Davion and would like some advice on the best choice of mech for my service to the House.

Hunchback and Atlas seem to be the only ones that can carry autocannons. Any true Davion pilot knows that this makes the Hunchback and the Atlas the only real choices for Elite founders. We love autocannons, specifically of the 10-class. Once the RAC-5 becomes available, though, expect Davion players to take the obsession one step further.

Edited by Hykelion, 28 June 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#7 Skekz

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDerby, Kansas, USA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

It really depends if u get the legendary or the elite one. If u get the legendary one, my advice is to cycle through all 4 for the C-Bills. If u get the elite one then u should research the mechs and find which role they fill and figure which role u wish to fill and get that mech.

#8 Flinch

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

still time to upgrade and get all 4... still umming and aahhhing about it though...

#9 NovaFusion

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

Yes the hunch has had my eye for awhile.....Cant wait to play...gonna get a ssd and upgrade.......Any news on good joystick and tablets compatible.....

#10 Skekz

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDerby, Kansas, USA

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

The razer artemis is the coolest looking one, but for now i'll be using my saitek. The artemis is not yet in production as far as i know but it still is cool looking. Here are some links to my favorite controllers.

http://www.razerzone.com/artemis

http://www.saitek.co...rod/x52pro.html

http://www.thrustmas...hotas-warthog-0

Edited by Skekz, 29 June 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#11 storm1063

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

i like the hunchback to ac20 real nice

#12 Thanatos676

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

I wonder if i'm the only Davion fan to be using the Catapult? I know Davions are fans of AC and LBX...

#13 NovaFusion

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

I just cant wait to play and try em all out ;)

#14 FSAC Slider

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationDrop ship and OTW

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:20 AM

middle road bro go with the Hunch

#15 Haider

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationSouthampton, United Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

View PostThanatos676, on 30 June 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

I wonder if i'm the only Davion fan to be using the Catapult? I know Davions are fans of AC and LBX...

The Catapult is a niche mech however I suspect that once the fire control modules start coming in-game thereby increasing LRM accuracy,good catapult fire support players will be in in good demand with most groups.

#16 Peryl

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

Out of the Founder's 4, the Jenner is, unfortunately, the only mech with good maneuverability. The Atlas is slow at 3/5, the Hunchback and Catapult are both moderate at 4/6. The Jenner is really fast, comparatively, at 7/11/5 with that jump capability to make it very nimble.

If you want to be mobile, go with the Jenner. If you want a compromise between firepower, durability and speed, go with the Hunchback in close quarters or Catapult in open fields. But, the Atlas is only a little slower than the medium Hunchback and heavy Catapult, packs a bigger whallop, and can take just about anything your opponent is dishing out.

#17 MogCarns

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

Davions also have a huge preference for PPCs.

#18 Hykelion

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Also, any Davion pilot that does not buy a Jagermech as soon as possible for their stables should probably resign from whatever position they hold.

#19 MogCarns

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

I have no intention of buying a heavy mech with 6 tons of armor and 14 tons devoted to doing 4 points of damage. Should I go join Liao now?

#20 High Priest Dre

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationMy living room.

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

If the Steiners are obligated to buy a Commando, then I think we can buy a Jager. You can always tweak it.
Of the four Founder 'Mechs, the Hunchback looks to be the Davion-iest.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users