Boycott Cw! Reduce The Clans Weight Or Numbers Please!

Balance Social

330 replies to this topic

#21 Valdherre Tor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:23 PM

I must be the only IS player that does not think the Clans are OP. Yes they can out range you and the timberwolf and stormcrow are good mechs but the IS can brawl better while producing less heat and IS light mechs by far outclass any clan light. Also have you checked out the qurks on the thunderbolt? The bottom line is there are strengths and weeknesses to both IS and Clans and you should play to those accordingly.

#22 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

View PostoperatorZ, on 30 December 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

WOW ! an incredibly short sighted plan....If PGI is taking metrics of these battles...which they are....it is BETA CW....than every game you lose against clan mechs is one more point that might get a nerf to the clans in CW.

If you stop playing CW, than more people who can beat the clans with IS tech, and there are a lot of them, will win and your goal is less likely to happen.

TLDR: If you want clan nerfs...give evidence to PGI that they are OP by playing and losing games, if you just quit than PGI doesn't get that message in the data.

^ THIS.

The best way to get PGI's attention is to play the heck out of whatever you think is broken.

#23 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostGhost Badger, on 30 December 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Close as you're gonna get. Now stop whining :P

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...09e4c534d363db8

Swap the AC10 and PPC, the energy mounts are high on the torsos while the ballistic is low. The 3D hillhumps very well and poptarts very well too. Its a staple in my CW deck.

#24 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:26 PM

I wouldn't mind tonnage reduction for clan (say 10T-20T). Fine with me, I don't run max tonnage as it is.

#25 Valdherre Tor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:30 PM

View PostChagatay, on 30 December 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind tonnage reduction for clan (say 10T-20T). Fine with me, I don't run max tonnage as it is.

Funny I dont think most IS players run the max tonnage as well. I also think the Atlas is one of the worst mechs you can bring to CW for attacking.

Edited by Valdherre Tor, 30 December 2014 - 12:31 PM.

#26 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 30 December 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

Name another 75 ton or lighter mech that I can put 2ERPPCs, 1AC/10 (120 ammo), 5 jjs, 81kph, 1.28 heat mang. and 403 armor other than the TB.... I might just have to buy it if it exists....

When you trade me for some 150kph lights capable of 32pt alpha's on a 2.25s (or less) cool-down, let's talk. Until then, you have your toys, we have ours. Post quirkening, IS has some great mechs. It's a disservice to discount them (which is why I dearly love playing mine...thunderbolt, thunderbolt, thunderbolt!).

#27 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

View PostParkensis, on 30 December 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

To follow true lore, the clan should be reduce either in weight drop (less than 240, or augment the IS mechs to 300) or it could be a Drop CW in numbers like 10 clan mech versus 12 IS mechs.

I have been playing CW for weeks now and we can see these battles against the clan mech are not balanced! They are faster, stronger, sturdier and better that any IS mech or group combined and rigthfully so!

But in Battletech (Mechwarrior) lore the clans have ways to respect. Like the Star system of drops, the chalenges, the bids, etc... They were ultimatly vanquished bit their code of honor and disipline and more. Here in this game the players (for most of them) have none of that to follow making this an uneven fight...

So until this is changed, I vote IS side boycotts CW altogether!
For myself I will no longer play CW until this is done proper!

Park.

I vote NO. The Clans already feel pretty anemic with a couple of exceptions, and I am uninterested in fighting even crappier more restricted versions of them.

#28 Valdherre Tor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 30 December 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

When you trade me for some 150kph lights capable of 32pt alpha's on a 2.25s (or less) cool-down, let's talk. Until then, you have your toys, we have ours. Post quirkening, IS has some great mechs. It's a disservice to discount them (which is why I dearly love playing mine...thunderbolt, thunderbolt, thunderbolt!).

^this

#29 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 30 December 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

Nice try, but the TB still out classes that by a ton. Not a bad build for what it is though :P

Not really

The good thing is that the PPCs are high on the torso, so it can peak and shoot better than a timber that has its low slung arms.

Issue being that the XL is a liability AND the problem that in CW you need to not outdistance the heavies, whihc means you only need to go like 60kph unless you are a light. Anymore speed just makes your rushes weak.

#30 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:35 PM

Clans are fine and so is the tonnage restrictions. Unlike the IS we actually work together which leads to wins. Pretty much every single Smoke Jaguar pug I have played with is willing to follow orders fairly well and work together with the rest of team, basically we coordinate. Most of the IS pilots I see just run around doing their own thing like a stereotypical pug with only a few exceptions.

#31 Parkensis

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:35 PM

Again, this is not about Mechs.... It s about fighting style! IS 12 VS clan 10, Comon poeple talk about it and please!

boycotting is the best way to accomplish the goal!

PS: Why is it always clanners who protest new thinking! Funny...

#32 xfirestorm

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:36 PM

View PostParkensis, on 30 December 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

I'm talking about strategy here, 4 man lance 12 mech belongs to IS lore, 5-10 to clan. Learn your lore wolf man!

I would very much like to see this happen. A single star blowing off a company of IS mechs. But before we can have this, the current mechs need to be converted back to lore, both IS and Clan mechs, and stop trying to sidestep this. If you want this part to be lore specific, you need lore mechs. Otherwise, you are putting 5-10 un-quirked IS mechs(yes, Clan mechs now more resemble IS mechs, than lore Clan mechs) against 12 quirked IS mechs.

And yes, Timber Wolf is still the bad ass around here, but not as much of a bad ass as it would be if it was un-nerfed, and unleashed as it should be. But AFAIR, PGI said a while a go, they do not want to have lore Clan mechs, so I think you can simply forget your dream of 5-10 Clan mechs versus your 12 mechs. Sadly, so can I as well.

Edit: if you want to go more into lore, you will also have to damage IS mechs, before match start, and on and on...remember, you guys are in _real_ bad shape in this time point in the lore.

Edited by xfirestorm, 30 December 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#33 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:36 PM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 30 December 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

Name another 75 ton or lighter mech that I can put 2ERPPCs, 1AC/10 (120 ammo), 5 jjs, 81kph, 1.28 heat mang. and 403 armor other than the TB.... I might just have to buy it if it exists....

Not quite what you're looking for, but close.

The TDR is the only mech that really comes close to what you want. The 9SE has jumpjets, but no ballistic. The 9S has the ballistics, but no jumpjets.

Could I interest you in a nice used IV-4?

#34 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostParkensis, on 30 December 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

Again, this is not about Mechs.... It s about fighting style! IS 12 VS clan 10, Comon poeple talk about it and please!

I'm not in a Clan Faction, and I think 12v10 would be a horrendous mistake for PGI to make.

#35 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:39 PM

I'm not a "clanner", and I have no interest in your crappy suggestion. Now what?

#36 Valdherre Tor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:40 PM

Yes the idea of 12 IS vs 10 clans is cool but in order for that to happen the clans mechs would need a major buff and or the IS mechs would need to be beaten by the nerf bat. wait for it......... wait............................................................................................................ (wispers) because clans are beatable already.

#37 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:47 PM

MWO, Especially in CW, is all about guns on target, the Clan would need to be buffed to handle the amount of damaged that could be focused on them with 2 extra mechs. So if you buff the clans for CW to accommodate 12 v 10, what is that going to do to the regular ques balance? It also lets pgi off easy when it comes to overall gameplay balance.

Edited by TKSax, 30 December 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#38 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:47 PM

Don't let the door hit you on your way out, OP.

#39 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

If Clan mechs actually get to be OP you'll just have everyone with experience and cbills upgrading the Clan mechs and grinding noobs. Everyone wants to be the hero killing hordes of expendables before (possibly) going down under a blaze of glory. Nobody is going to go 'Yeah, I want to play the faction that's flat out inferior but wins by burying the enemy under a pile of our bodies'.

This idea has always been bad and never going to work. It will inevitably create an environment where all the elite/experienced players are in Clan mechs, grinding a handful of hardcores and all the new players until, obviously, the new players either manage to grind up enough cbills to move to Clan tech or quit.

People are losing to Clans right now largely because they act foolish. If you peek-a-boo with Clan mechs at 600+m and you're not a deadeye shot in a 9S with most of your team doing the same thing, you're the reason you lose. If you shoot Clan mechs *anywhere but the leg* when on defense, you are why you lose. If you play against Clanners on Sulfur and let them stay in cover, lean up shoot get back into cover instead of coordinating a rush and stomping them when they overheat, you are why you lose.

Same goes the other way. Not going to hand anything away but there are a few key tactics Clanners need to keep in mind on the maps to deal with IS swarms and shell games.

Clan XL engines could use a nerf - big heat bump with side torso gone. That is still a factor of imbalance without equal. Saying 'IS can change engine size' is a red herring, each IS mech only has a couple of useful builds (at best). Swapping an engine is only an advantage against Clan mechs with otherwise crappy engine design choices (Gargoyle, all the lights, etc). The mechs with great designs (Timber, Stormcrow) don't suffer from any disadvantage from not being able to add Endo or change engines.

Clan/IS is pretty close to balanced. Make losing a side torso actually a significant problem for Clan mechs and we should be good.

#40 Zepster

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:24 PM

I'd agree with that Mischief as making it 10v12 clan/IS isn't going to happen as much as it really should. Think it's just too difficult to incorporate.

They still need to adjust the attack windows desperately tho. I'm optimistic the data gathered during beta will clearly show what is happening in the 3-4 hours before ceasefire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users