Boycott Cw! Reduce The Clans Weight Or Numbers Please!

Balance Social

330 replies to this topic

#41 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostValdherre Tor, on 30 December 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

I must be the only IS player that does not think the Clans are OP. Yes they can out range you and the timberwolf and stormcrow are good mechs but the IS can brawl better while producing less heat and IS light mechs by far outclass any clan light. Also have you checked out the qurks on the thunderbolt? The bottom line is there are strengths and weeknesses to both IS and Clans and you should play to those accordingly.

You just don't get it. There are people out there who want only weaknesses for the Clans, and absolutely zero strengths. ;)

#42 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostParkensis, on 30 December 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

To follow true lore, the clan should be reduce either in weight drop (less than 240, or augment the IS mechs to 300) or it could be a Drop CW in numbers like 10 clan mech versus 12 IS mechs.

I have been playing CW for weeks now and we can see these battles against the clan mech are not balanced! They are faster, stronger, sturdier and better that any IS mech or group combined and rigthfully so!

But in Battletech (Mechwarrior) lore the clans have ways to respect. Like the Star system of drops, the chalenges, the bids, etc... They were ultimatly vanquished bit their code of honor and disipline and more. Here in this game the players (for most of them) have none of that to follow making this an uneven fight...

So until this is changed, I vote IS side boycotts CW altogether!
For myself I will no longer play CW until this is done proper!

Park.

10v12 is infeasible for a number of reasons, beyond the "PGI is lazy" excuse that's being vomited all over the Star Citizen forums right now.

It's a shame that there are so many individuals in the world with bad reasoning, who can't tell a scam from a slow-developing video game.

#43 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

Lol, "I don't like Beta and will boycott it. All others should boycott it too so that PGI can't gain any useful info to make it better!" :rolleyes:

That's kind of like shooting yourself in the foot, deciding it wasn't enough, and then asking random strangers to shoot their feet too so that you can all stand around in pain together. :lol:

As for me and my Unit, we shall continue to run drops in CW, provide PGI with feedback, kill Clanners, and generally cause chaos through the IS. :ph34r:

#44 Strikeshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 30 December 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

When you trade me for some 150kph lights capable of 32pt alpha's on a 2.25s (or less) cool-down, let's talk. Until then, you have your toys, we have ours. Post quirkening, IS has some great mechs. It's a disservice to discount them (which is why I dearly love playing mine...thunderbolt, thunderbolt, thunderbolt!).

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 30 December 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

When you trade me for some 150kph lights capable of 32pt alpha's on a 2.25s (or less) cool-down, let's talk. Until then, you have your toys, we have ours. Post quirkening, IS has some great mechs. It's a disservice to discount them (which is why I dearly love playing mine...thunderbolt, thunderbolt, thunderbolt!).

I suppose you mean this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ec02fad5c823ce8

But this is way better: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1753d0cb8aca1dd
capable of 40 PP FLD at 540m (not mention it's 2erppcs reach 810m), plus 89kph, 5jjs, 403 armor, and it runs almost as cool as the 32pt damage firestarter.

Edited by Strikeshadow, 30 December 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#45 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 30 December 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

capable of 40 PP FLD at 540m, plus 89kph, 5jjs, 403 armor, and it runs almost as cool as the 32pt damage firestarter.

Now I know you are trolling, you just compared a 35t mech to a 75t mech and even linked a bad TBR build to use as a reference.

#46 Strikeshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:50 PM

View Postpwnface, on 30 December 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

Now I know you are trolling, you just compared a 35t mech to a 75t mech and even linked a bad TBR build to use as a reference.

I regularly do ~4-500 damage with that TBR build ...

And the point is that any edge the IS has with lights is more than made up by the TBR.

That 150kph (w/mods) FS goes down even if it loses just a side torso b/c of it's XL engine.

Edited by Strikeshadow, 30 December 2014 - 01:52 PM.

#47 Xythius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostParkensis, on 30 December 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

To follow true lore, the clan should be reduce either in weight drop (less than 240, or augment the IS mechs to 300) or it could be a Drop CW in numbers like 10 clan mech versus 12 IS mechs.

I have been playing CW for weeks now and we can see these battles against the clan mech are not balanced! They are faster, stronger, sturdier and better that any IS mech or group combined and rigthfully so!

But in Battletech (Mechwarrior) lore the clans have ways to respect. Like the Star system of drops, the chalenges, the bids, etc... They were ultimatly vanquished bit their code of honor and disipline and more. Here in this game the players (for most of them) have none of that to follow making this an uneven fight...

So until this is changed, I vote IS side boycotts CW altogether!
For myself I will no longer play CW until this is done proper!

Park.

Sure. I'll take two stars of Clans vs. three lances of IS - IF they roll back all the weapon nerfs they've given us over the last six months, give us true DHS & take away the IS quirks and their ability to upgrade their internals & allow Clans to do it. ONLY THEN will we be true to 'lore'.

Are you sure thats what you want?

Edited by Xythius, 30 December 2014 - 02:02 PM.

#48 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:53 PM

capable of 40 PP FLD at 540m (not mention it's 2erppcs reach 810m), plus 89kph, 5jjs, 403 armor, and it runs almost as cool as the 32pt damage firestarter.

I didn't realize Timberwolfs could run 150 KPH, or that they were the size of 35 ton 'Mechs. These forums are so full of useful information sometimes!

#49 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 30 December 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

I regularly do ~4-500 damage with that TBR build ...

And the point is that any edge the IS has with lights is more than made up by the TBR.

That 150kph (w/mods) FS goes down even if it loses just a side torso b/c of it's XL engine.

I regularly do 1200-1400 damage in my TBR. 400-500 damage in the strongest mech in the game is bad.

I've also had 1200 damage matches in JR7-F and FS9-A, FS9-S.

You are comparing apples to oranges here. You should be comparing the FS9-A to other clan light mechs like the kitfox and adder who are both far behind the FS9-A in combat effectiveness.

Edited by pwnface, 30 December 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#50 Strikeshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 30 December 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

I didn't realize Timberwolfs could run 150 KPH, or that they were the size of 35 ton 'Mechs. These forums are so full of useful information sometimes!

Name an IS 75 or lighter mech that can do what the TBR can do....oh wait you can't b/c none of them can come close. The Orion isn't even in the same league.

View Postpwnface, on 30 December 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

I regularly do 1200-1400 damage in my TBR. 400-500 damage in the strongest mech in the game is bad.

I've also had 1200 damage matches in JR7-F and FS9-A, FS9-S.

You are comparing apples to oranges here. You should be comparing the FS9-A to other clan light mechs like the kitfox and adder who are both far behind the FS9-A in combat effectiveness.

Ya and I was a top 100 player when I had a year of MW4 under my belt. Are you? Is your KDA 12+?.... Mine was for several months.

I've been playing for 3 months now, give me 9 more....

Edited by Strikeshadow, 30 December 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#51 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:01 PM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 30 December 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

Name an IS 75 or lighter mech that can do what the TBR can do....oh wait you can't b/c none of them can come close. The Orion isn't even in the same league.

The Thunderbolt with 3 ERPPCs
The Thunderbolt with 7 MPLs

10 tons lighter (so you can easily take 3 of 'em in a drop deck as opposed to only 2 Timberwolfs), and every bit as useful.

There are good 'Mechs and bad 'Mechs on both sides, dude. If you can't see it you need to learn more about this game. If you refuse to admit it there's simply no help for you.

Edited by DEMAX51, 30 December 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#52 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostZepster, on 30 December 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

It's not that clan mechs are OP it's the numbers. Until they either put clans in stars or nerf the mechs it will never be balanced. Builds are traditional (as they should be) but the sheer number at the current 12v12 is the problem.

WTH are you talking about? The mechs have been nerfed into jokes. Stop crying & play.

#53 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostMystere, on 30 December 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

You just don't get it. There are people out there who want only weaknesses for the Clans, and absolutely zero strengths. ;)

And nobody who wants only strengths for clans and zero weaknesses? :ph34r:

#54 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 30 December 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

Ya and I was a top 100 player when I had a year of MW4 under my belt. Are you? Is your KDA 12+?.... Mine was for several months.

I've been playing for 3 months now, give me 9 more....

The DRG-1N can out DPS the TBR. The TDR-5SS can match it in brawling. The TDR-9S can match it in sniping.

There isn't one chassis that is flat out better than the TBR because it is the BEST chassis in the game. There are several IS mechs that can fulfill the same roles just as well if not better though.

I never played played MW4 and I don't really give a crap about your KDR.

If you want to start an epeen measuring contest on the forums maybe you should play more than 3 months first. In fact, if you want to talk about gameplay balance at all you should probably have more than 3 months experience.

Edited by pwnface, 30 December 2014 - 02:08 PM.

#55 Strikeshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:09 PM

View Postpwnface, on 30 December 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

The DRG-1N can out DPS the TBR. The TDR-5SS can match it in brawling. The TDR-9S can match it in sniping.

There isn't one chassis that is flat out better than the TBR because it is the BEST chassis in the game. There are several IS mechs that can fulfill the same roles just as well if not better though.

I never played played MW4 and I don't really give a crap about your KDR.

If you want to start an epeen measuring contest on the forums maybe you should play more than 3 months first. In fact, if you want to talk about gameplay balance at all you should probably have more than 3 months experience.

You started the contest by by calling out my build, I just responded by supporting it against your insult.

Edited by Strikeshadow, 30 December 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#56 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:11 PM

There's a reason I chose a faction farthest away from the clans. Clan mechs broke the table top game and they broke MWO. No surprises.

Since OP is a Marik I wonder why he even cares.

#57 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 30 December 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

You started the contest by by calling out my build, I just responded by supporting it against your insult.

Supported it based on your copious 3 months of knowledge and a reference to MW4...a game nothing like this one save it shares the IP.

Really helps you show the acumen and credibility you bring to the table.

Nuff said.

Frankly, I love the forum ignore feature at times like this. Such a great tool.

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 30 December 2014 - 02:14 PM.

#58 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

Well here we go again , clans are OP ... look closer at your IS mech's and there is where you will find most of the overpowered mechs these days!

There are countless posts and threads that point out why the IS if anyone has the edge (and in certain areas it is quite a big edge too). If you can't work out a good deck then that's your problem , If the team won't play as a team then that's the whole teams problem.

There are bad matches for both sides and good ones but that's is life (clans certainly have the higher cause to complain though).

#59 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 30 December 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

Dude your build sucks. You were trying to justify how good it was by saying you regularly got 400-500 damage in it, which is in fact not even a good damage score for that chassis. If you are going to make a case for the timberwolf being OP, which it may very well be, at least link a good build.

My point about individual damage numbers is that it really has no bearing on how powerful a build is. Eglar has put up screenshots of him doing 1900 damage in a Nova. Does that mean the Nova is overpowered? Nope.

#60 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:21 PM

Clan weapons are already not lore, IS and clan armor aren't lore either.... ghost heat is not lore also...critical damage from engine overheating is not lore wich make a lot of people been able to alpha. If overheating was lore....we wouldn't need ghost heat.

If armor values were lore....getting an ac/20 hit would nearly mean a death sentence (yeah a single shot)

I play both faction mechs and i m having a lot more kills with my IS mechs (normal gameplay) so clan weapons are far more weaker than people think (if you re not careful you overheat easily)+ laser beam (er large lasers specially) are a pain in the ass to make constant damages on a specific area...so now i wub most of the time.

Clans faction don t fight pretty much each others...they mostly attack IS while IS still fight a lot each others. In clan factions, there s a lot of good 12 man team...PGI have to check this too...it aint only nerfing or map but how coordinate people are.

I ve fail many attack against good IS teams (specially against 12 man team since i play solo...i could act like NERF IS!! OR DO SOMETHING...but no because i know i m fighting much more organize teams than the one i m in (since its a pug team).

I m not a ''not good'' (since i cant put the word i wanted) player and i fight pretty well but its hard to coordinate while chating. PGI have to look at those solo queue too if they want to have enough numbers of player to make CW because if solo players always get beat up pretty bad well they will lose a lot of player in CW. And i don t think that there's enough 12 man team to make a efficient CW.

Edited by Augustus Martelus II, 30 December 2014 - 02:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users