#41 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:46 PM

I just kept telling myself, "Don't mess this up. Don't mess this up."

It's never easy fighting against y'all, even if you did lose a bunch of players from TKs. Call it what you want: A game, Hard Mode, or 100%. It doesn't matter because that really doesn't give it justice. We have lots of respect for Davion.

#42 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

Yes we do. I know I was in a large group of seraphim earlier and we dropped against a group with mischeif and stillradioactive and man they had us worried. They damaged omega with the first light rush and had us sweating the rest of the game. Some of our group needed a break after that to settle down some. It was a very very good fight. Good fight you guys!

#43 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:54 PM

View Postcranect, on 02 January 2015 - 10:37 PM, said:

Yes we do. I know I was in a large group of seraphim earlier and we dropped against a group with mischeif and stillradioactive and man they had us worried. They damaged omega with the first light rush and had us sweating the rest of the game. Some of our group needed a break after that to settle down some. It was a very very good fight. Good fight you guys!

Always a pleasure.

A good many Mariks had the misfortune of running into an 11-man of 22AL last night. They were not as well off as you at the end of the round.

I look forward to many more matches against you all.

#44 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

Ya that happens. As stated you guys are nothing to laugh at. With yes. Some of the guys in I think it was the aces had some fun banter. Lots of talk about bribing each other with cookies and pies to leave the planet.... Nobody on either side fell for it though.... It was a good way to start getting back into CW though. Good fights are what I care for. Now if only I hadn't been distracted by SWTOR then I might be able to keep up to date on what is happening in CW....

#45 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:44 AM

CW had stopped being fun for me the last week. Frustration, really. Borders were either dead or fulll of pugs just looking for their 80 pts, most matches were decided before the first drop finished because you identified who was there to win and who wasn't and it came down to who had the most sandbaggers. We were literally looking at adjusting our tactical approach on how to best manage the 2-4 dontcares every match.

Then we start dropping with Mariks again. We got owned, early on, twice, by some tactical approaches and mech designs we'd already forgotten about. We adjusted our drop decks, chewed over tactics and then scrambled to put them to work. We lost today - we flat out lost to Marik in the 11th hour by 1 match. Every single match we played today on any timezone mattered, every single match where we blew it or someone went stupid (on both sides) or didn't stick to the plan, that could have been the match that shifted it. Every single match today the Mariks showed up loaded for bear. In the tail end we had guys rushing us in force before some of us were out of our drop zone. I think out of the last 5 defend missions I had 1 where all the ogens were still there on wave 2. Only had one attack where we managed (thanks to a brilliant 8man French group who was flat out badass) to win (on Sulfur and honestly; defending Sulfur is stupid hard) on wave 2.

Had tons of fun today. Win or lose, every single match was hard and mattered and well played and both sides were (with only a couple exceptions and those were on our side) fun and cool.

I deeply wish that the rest of CW was like this. Everyone plays hard and plays to win - but we all grok that it's a game and it's supposed to be fun for everyone. If all of CW played like the whole Dav/Mar border the pug/group queues would be mostly empty save during ceasefire and the forums would be awesome, filled with mutual congratulations, discussions of tactics and general balance debates and not the drama they are now.

Wish I knew how to make everyone in the game like you guys.

#46 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:00 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 03 January 2015 - 01:44 AM, said:

words

Well, damn, Mischief. I'm just a dirty merc and you make me want to sign on for the Eagle full-time ;)

#47 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:16 AM

View PostArnold J Rimmer, on 03 January 2015 - 02:00 AM, said:

Well, damn, Mischief. I'm just a dirty merc and you make me want to sign on for the Eagle full-time ;)

Hey. Win or lose every match was fun today. Even the one with the TK we had some fun banter. They played hard every single match too.

Why in the world would you want to go back to the other fronts?

#48 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:14 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 03 January 2015 - 02:16 AM, said:

Why in the world would you want to go back to the other fronts?

I've not actually fought on any. Signed up for a 28-day right from the start. Seems like a better choice day after day.

#49 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:08 AM

caN WE TAKE CAMPERTOWN from the davions tonight please

#50 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 02 January 2015 - 10:54 PM, said:

Always a pleasure.

A good many Mariks had the misfortune of running into an 11-man of 22AL last night. They were not as well off as you at the end of the round.

That might have been our pug group you faced. I only played 1 match last night and I remember seeing a lot of 22AL, as well as Mischief and StillRadioactive among the other Davion pilots.

We only had 8 or 9 of the dozen pilots on comms, and I think one of the 3 who wasn't on comms did what he could to keep up with the tactics I was typing real quick, but the other two just flat out ignored everything that was said by the others.

I believe we managed a semi-successful gen run on a light first wave, and for a while, with our heavies and assaults, we held G5 on the Boreal map for a while and shot up a lot of mechs, but a few heavies tried to go for the gens alone, and following that, our position got overrun pretty quickly. After that, it was rather kind of over. I think we got all three gens, and maybe a hit or two on Omega (I don't quite remember), but that was game over after wave 2 in my opinion.

It's extremely hard to rally pugs that are not on comms, and even more so when they just lemming their way through the gate on their own, thinking 1-man-army. So, honestly, for a 9man, we did ok. Got 20 or so kills and came out with a good chunk of cash to show for it.

Solid defense on your part, and very good reaction time against our generator rushes. I agree fighting Davions is tough but challenging. Definitely puts you on your A game.

#51 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

View PostCaine2112, on 03 January 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

That might have been our pug group you faced. I only played 1 match last night and I remember seeing a lot of 22AL, as well as Mischief and StillRadioactive among the other Davion pilots.

We only had 8 or 9 of the dozen pilots on comms, and I think one of the 3 who wasn't on comms did what he could to keep up with the tactics I was typing real quick, but the other two just flat out ignored everything that was said by the others.

I believe we managed a semi-successful gen run on a light first wave, and for a while, with our heavies and assaults, we held G5 on the Boreal map for a while and shot up a lot of mechs, but a few heavies tried to go for the gens alone, and following that, our position got overrun pretty quickly. After that, it was rather kind of over. I think we got all three gens, and maybe a hit or two on Omega (I don't quite remember), but that was game over after wave 2 in my opinion.

It's extremely hard to rally pugs that are not on comms, and even more so when they just lemming their way through the gate on their own, thinking 1-man-army. So, honestly, for a 9man, we did ok. Got 20 or so kills and came out with a good chunk of cash to show for it.

Solid defense on your part, and very good reaction time against our generator rushes. I agree fighting Davions is tough but challenging. Definitely puts you on your A game.

I remember that match. Yeah, wave 1 you dropped all 3 ogens and one spider got like 2 shots into the Omega. At which point we were staring down the barrel of 3 more waves and a naked Omega so we were on point. You guys pushed up the right and it turned into an attrition fight, you were right at that point of pushing through into G6 and getting into sniping range of the Omega but three of your guys tried to cut up the middle and ran into like 5 of us who'd just respawned and were fresh. We put them down and then rolled the rest of you in two halves. Then we pushed out aggressively and chewed the legs on your 3rd wave, leaving you too damaged to exploit another push.

You guys kicked ass. Flat out came down to a bigger coordinated unit. Was a great match and everyone was a good sport.

#52 MrD

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 03 January 2015 - 01:44 AM, said:

I think out of the last 5 defend missions I had 1 where all the ogens were still there on wave 2. Only had one attack where we managed (thanks to a brilliant 8man French group who was flat out badass) to win (on Sulfur and honestly; defending Sulfur is stupid hard) on wave 2.

Had tons of fun today. Win or lose, every single match was hard and mattered and well played and both sides were (with only a couple exceptions and those were on our side) fun and cool.

I deeply wish that the rest of CW was like this. Everyone plays hard and plays to win - but we all grok that it's a game and it's supposed to be fun for everyone. If all of CW played like the whole Dav/Mar border the pug/group queues would be mostly empty save during ceasefire and the forums would be awesome, filled with mutual congratulations, discussions of tactics and general balance debates and not the drama they are now.

Wish I knew how to make everyone in the game like you guys.

Thank you for that Mischief, we really apreciate to drop with you and Still Radioactive because you followed the plan and did a great job.

We have lot of pleasure dropping on CW, since everyone plays according to the tactic. And i agree with you, defending on sulfur is very hard.

From now will be more on Davion TS. I hope to see you there.

See you on the battlefield.

#53 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

Well first off you may have to remove the whole preservation part of peoples brains...also maybe make people crazier lol. Just for fun.

#54 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:17 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 02 January 2015 - 10:54 PM, said:

Always a pleasure.

You had 11 on? Why were you not helping vs the clans as was proposed?

Even better why not help your Davion brothers attack HK while under the guise of a ceasefire?

Either way IS fighting should be on hold until the clans are pushed back. All this infighting is only serving the clans.

Edited by Prophetic, 04 January 2015 - 01:18 AM.

#55 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:40 AM

View PostProphetic, on 04 January 2015 - 01:17 AM, said:

Even better why not help your Davion brothers attack HK while under the guise of a ceasefire?

Kurita had a messenger request a 24 hour ceasefire, and had 24 players queued up to attack Misery in the first 90 seconds of the day.

We didn't request it, you did. We also didn't break it, you did.

#56 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:17 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 04 January 2015 - 02:40 AM, said:

Kurita had a messenger request a 24 hour ceasefire, and had 24 players queued up to attack Misery in the first 90 seconds of the day.

We didn't request it, you did. We also didn't break it, you did.

I assume that means davion and steiner will be launching campaigns against each other tonight then, since your borders have had 40+ attackers multiple times then obviously that ceasefire is void too.

#57 Kochevnik Pryde

Rookie

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDropship Raphael

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:50 AM

I find myself hit with mixed feelings about this conflict thus far.
On the one hand, House Davion has been putting up a tremendous fight, and all I ever hear is respect. Ya'll are some great fellas, and hats off right back to ya. It has been an honor, gentlemen.
On the other hand, the FRR is getting cut up. They, too, are putting up a tremendous fight and a salute to those fine men and women who have insurmountable morale to keep fighting the Clans even under such unassailable odds.
So, what this amounts to is; while the fighting between House Davion and House Marik is an excellent example of two guys sitting in opposite trenches, yelling jokes at each other, we have got to head up north and free up the FRR for an offensive strike against the Clans, and keep their home fires burning.

I think we've all seen what Marik and Davion can do to each other on offense/defense.
Imagine what we can do to the Clans -together-.

#58 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

If the FS and the FWL pulled together, nothing can stop us. We have both the muscles and the knowledge to roll over anyone. There is a lot of respect between us, and we, quite honestly, get along great together. We're like two brothers beating each other to a pulp, laughing the whole time. It's fun.

But there's also politics. Marik doesn't like Steiner, Davion does. Davion doesn't like Liao, Marik does..

All we can do is keep pushing for some sort of alliance, and hope for the best. As far as I know, no faction lead has spoken against helping the teal squiggly lines up north, but I also think that their silence in the matter is 100% approval to help on a company level.

#59 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:12 AM

Names on worlds. No real benefit for defending Someone else. Epically bad pugs. There are some serious issues to fighting up north - plus the local factions stack on defense - not going to spend 2 hours with my 12 man stacked in a queue with 60+ defenders and 24 attackers.

#60 Moarginplz

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 January 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

Names on worlds. No real benefit for defending Someone else. Epically bad pugs. There are some serious issues to fighting up north - plus the local factions stack on defense - not going to spend 2 hours with my 12 man stacked in a queue with 60+ defenders and 24 attackers.

You know, I've read a lot of posts about how Davion and Marik should put their differences aside and come stomp on some clans up north for Kurita, the FRR, and maybe even (ugh) Steiner. Quite frankly, I think we'd be more than happy to, if the organization was there to make it not a total waste of time. What I mean, is that leadership from those factions with a clan border is going to have to work with us to make sure that they've got organized 12-mans on the attack for the two hours prior to ceasefire, while FWL and FedSuns have organized 12-mans in the queue for defense during the same time period. Otherwise, there's no point.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users