Out Of Curiosity....to Be A Founder?

46 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowLord 808

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:11 PM

Just wondering if it is possible to purchase as a founder will ever be available! Started my account since day one, but got deployed for 16 months and only started playing MWO for the last 2 months! LoL!!

Just interested in getting the badge. I have been a CBT player for year's and just wanted to show my support of the game.

Thanks

#2 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:12 PM

I doubt it. you would have to talk to support and pray.

#3 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

The Founders were a pre-order package (kind of like the Clans are now) from back in Closed Beta
(part of the order was getting into Closed Beta)

So no way to get a Founder Tag now.

Edited by Shar Wolf, 02 January 2015 - 07:13 PM.

#4 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:29 PM

View PostShadowLord 808, on 02 January 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

Just wondering if it is possible to purchase as a founder will ever be available! Started my account since day one, but got deployed for 16 months and only started playing MWO for the last 2 months! LoL!!

Just interested in getting the badge. I have been a CBT player for year's and just wanted to show my support of the game.

Thanks

No, but other than bonus MC it was the worst of all the bundles sold. Every deal since has included WAY more mechs- for 120 I got 4 mechs, with the Clan deal for 120 you could get 12 mechs. For 110 you could have gotten Overlord with the expansion for 24 mechs. All with premium time and goodies as well.

#5 Auxian

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCanada,Terra

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:33 PM

View PostDavers, on 02 January 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

No, but other than bonus MC it was the worst of all the bundles sold. Every deal since has included WAY more mechs- for 120 I got 4 mechs, with the Clan deal for 120 you could get 12 mechs. For 110 you could have gotten Overlord with the expansion for 24 mechs. All with premium time and goodies as well.

I feel as though PGI should give you guys more stuff now, lol

#6 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

View PostAuxian, on 02 January 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

I feel as though PGI should give you guys more stuff now, lol

Well, it was like bonus $80 worth of MC...

#FoundersTagBestTag ;)

#7 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

Maybe Founders should get MC for each package they purchase since they are switching to that model.
Gold: 5K
Silver 3K
Bronze 1K

Then they just allow people to purchase founder again for a limited time.

#8 Worm Seraphin

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

we did get the atlas s and kng crab for the top level founders, plus I just wanted to help get the game made, didn't want another 10yrs wait for a MechWarrior title to be produced
it aint perfect, but its something lol

#9 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 611 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:15 PM

Well we got a boat load of MC with our purchase and 4 mechs. Back then that was almost every mech in the game. Sooooo..... We got everything we wanted. Minus some of the game play elements.

#10 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:19 PM

We haz a tag to prove how gullible we were...

#11 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

View PostBrody319, on 02 January 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

Maybe Founders should get MC for each package they purchase since they are switching to that model.
Gold: 5K
Silver 3K
Bronze 1K

Then they just allow people to purchase founder again for a limited time.

because purchasing 3 years later is really a "Founder"? ( one that founds or establishes ) :huh:

View PostMycrus, on 02 January 2015 - 08:19 PM, said:

We haz a tag to prove how gullible we were...

naw gullible would be to feel that way and yet still be here. Actually there might be a better word for that..... :ph34r:

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 02 January 2015 - 08:34 PM.

#12 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 January 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

because purchasing 3 years later is really a "Founder"? ( one that founds or establishes ) :huh:

naw gullible would be to feel that way and yet still be here. Actually there might be a better word for that..... :ph34r:

They could just upgrade everyone who already owns founder to a special level, like platnium founder and they get like a lot more MC than the others for purchasing a package. maybe like 10K

Then instead of being Gold, Silver, and Bronze founders they could be like Gold, Silver, and Bronze Members. Different badge and purchasable at any time.

#13 Kassatsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:54 PM

Founder packs aren't coming back unless PGI gets so desperate for money that they simply don't care that it will literally drain the core userbase (by which I mean those paying the most money for the game) literally overnight... For about three days anyway, then new ones will appear and most of the ones that "left" will be right back where they were the day prior to the reintroduction.

I'd ask where all the bonus MC went in the newer packages, but then I realized it was simply replaced with the cockpit items, camo colors/patterns and two standard variants of each mech included in the pack.

Though my gold mech was a massive waste of an additional $260, and I can not argue that. At least, not until Adders are useable outside of gauss, LBX20 or 4xSRM6+artemis builds. I pity the poor soul that bought a gold Summoner... Assuming anyone actually did. Summoner, Nova and the Kit Fox (and possibly Warhawk, I forget so I'll count it as uh... unseen) are the only gold mechs I haven't seen yet. Technically I've seen a gold Adder... Just not one bought by somebody else.

#14 ZippySpeedMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 356 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dropship Earth

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:02 PM

As much as I admire you enthusiasm, don't be too upset about the lack of a chance to become a Founder

Truthfully, all we really got to show for it was a spiffy coloured badge, some mechs, and some Mc...

We have seen a distinct lack of love since then....

No discount on any of the packages, not much of anything...but hey I can dream that maybe one day...

#15 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

Unlike most of you $120 Founder guys, I paid $60 for my Catapult + Premium time + MC. Considering the number of hours I've dropped into MWO, I'd say it's well-spent. I'm really glad I didn't pay twice as much for the other three mechs though. Even now I've never really wanted to be a Jenner, Hunchie, or Atlas pilot. However, the Catapult is still one of my favorite mechs to take out. Now, if only I could put a different camo pattern on her.

Edited by Suko, 02 January 2015 - 11:26 PM.

#16 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:55 AM

I only got it for the good MC/$.

#17 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:27 AM

Founders package was mostly an investment into the creation of the game. I still play the Hunchback and Atlas from the package often. The MC and premium time was pretty good too. Yes, it was too expensive but I think I got my money's worth over time.

I would not buy such a package again now as I feel all purchases are badly overpriced. The game needs to grow much before I'll even consider spending more money on it.

#18 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:37 AM

No, but other than bonus MC it was the worst of all the bundles .

I got my name in the credits of a series I've been playing since I was 18, I got to help fund the development of a game I enjoy playing, and I got to influence the open beta launch. So I'm happy with what I got.

#19 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:56 AM

Well, at least we had the chance to play MWO before it stopped being fun and looked and felt way better than today - it was worth the money IMO ;)

#20 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:13 AM

2012 was a very different time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users