46 replies to this topic

#41 DustySkunk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 257 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:01 AM

The prospect of bringing back the Founder's Program and the Phoenix package was floated earlier this year when the anniversary rewards were announced (a.k.a. the King Crab). The idea was to give folks an opportunity to upgrade or buy full packages that weren't interested in the Masakari pack so that they could get the full rewards. Ultimately it was shot down and the Resistance pack was born as an alternative.

OP, before I say what I'm about to say I want you to know that I understand where you are coming from. If I could go back I would totally buy into the Phoenix package or donate to get Sarah's Jenner...

...however these packages aren't just mechs or forum badges. They signify (to an extent) that you supported and/or were a part of a particular aspect of the history of MWO. This is especially true of the Founder's program. Call me silly, but I am proud to have been part of closed beta. I'm proud to have helped the development of MWO; proud to have been a large enough Mechwarrior/Battletech geek to know the program existed at the time to participate in.

At the time I was 29 years old and going back to school for my engineering degree. I worked two jobs while taking classes full time to make ends meet. I broke my bankroll at the time to buy the largest package I could and ate ramen soups exclusively for weeks to make up for it because I believed this was my only shot to be a Founder and help shape where MWO was going. I believed that because it was clearly stated that the opportunity would never again arise.

Reopening the program diminishes the value and exclusivity of the rewards. As such, it has been stated we will likely never see these packages available again. While I understand and sympathize with the sentiment of wanting to participate in the programs after the fact, I'm glad they will never reopen.

#42 Vandul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostDustySkunk, on 05 January 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

The prospect of bringing back the Founder's Program and the Phoenix package was floated earlier this year when the anniversary rewards were announced (a.k.a. the King Crab). The idea was to give folks an opportunity to upgrade or buy full packages that weren't interested in the Masakari pack so that they could get the full rewards. Ultimately it was shot down and the Resistance pack was born as an alternative.

OP, before I say what I'm about to say I want you to know that I understand where you are coming from. If I could go back I would totally buy into the Phoenix package or donate to get Sarah's Jenner...

...however these packages aren't just mechs or forum badges. They signify (to an extent) that you supported and/or were a part of a particular aspect of the history of MWO. This is especially true of the Founder's program. Call me silly, but I am proud to have been part of closed beta. I'm proud to have helped the development of MWO; proud to have been a large enough Mechwarrior/Battletech geek to know the program existed at the time to participate in.

At the time I was 29 years old and going back to school for my engineering degree. I worked two jobs while taking classes full time to make ends meet. I broke my bankroll at the time to buy the largest package I could and ate ramen soups exclusively for weeks to make up for it because I believed this was my only shot to be a Founder and help shape where MWO was going. I believed that because it was clearly stated that the opportunity would never again arise.

Reopening the program diminishes the value and exclusivity of the rewards. As such, it has been stated we will likely never see these packages available again. While I understand and sympathize with the sentiment of wanting to participate in the programs after the fact, I'm glad they will never reopen.

Well spoken FedSunner.

Now, about Old Kentucky...

#43 Lucky Noob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:57 AM

View PostShadowLord 808, on 02 January 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

Just wondering if it is possible to purchase as a founder will ever be available! Started my account since day one, but got deployed for 16 months and only started playing MWO for the last 2 months! LoL!!

Just interested in getting the badge. I have been a CBT player for year's and just wanted to show my support of the game.

Thanks

Youre always free to write an personal message to Paul or Russ. maybe you get special because of your Deployment.

Worst thing that coud happen is an No, so nothing to loose.

#44 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostBrody319, on 02 January 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

I doubt it. you would have to talk to support and pray.

pretty much this. It's worth a shot and you have the best reason possible.

#45 bmulkshake

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSouth East Wisconsin

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:22 AM

Although I don't believe in re-offering the founders package I do feel PGI could/should throw our men and women in uniform a bone. While I was playing a cool stompy robot game the OP was out defending our country. I'd be all for any military members getting an xp and / or cbill boost with each drop or discounts on mc purchases. Heck, I'd even donate some of my cbills and mc to the people that defend our country.
Thanks for serving our country.

#46 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:34 AM

Being Founder can only be done by buying the Founders Package. It was accessible only during the Operation Inception and the Closed Beta of the Game.
It is more than just some mechs and a Title, it's a proove you have been part of the adventure since the beginning No matter what packs you had.
Veteran, Elite or Legendary. Theses guys (and that include me *trollface*) made that game possible.

Haters probably fail to realise this, but without that Operation, maybe MWO wouldn't have been possible and Battletech would have been another forgotten series.

But yeah, some nice stuff for us could be nice. =3 A Founders Urbanmech please PGI?

#47 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostKassatsu, on 02 January 2015 - 08:54 PM, said:

Though my gold mech was a massive waste of an additional $260, and I can not argue that. At least, not until Adders are useable outside of <snip>. Technically I've seen a gold Adder... Just not one bought by somebody else.

Gold Adder is best Adder. That is a fact. I've seen 2 others in the game as well, including one of the NGNG Twitch streamers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users