86 replies to this topic

#61 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:03 AM

So now that MASC is confirmed and the tech timeline is bumped up to 3052/3053...

Anyone have new suggestions? Btw lol @Heavy IS will break the game/we need Clan Assault ECM first. You guys have everything but a 20 tonner now, and you will be getting new mech shipments at a faster pace than the IS had during the first 2 years of dev. Quit being so spoiled :/

Edited by Pezzer, 26 February 2015 - 12:04 AM.

#62 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:42 AM

View PostPezzer, on 26 February 2015 - 12:03 AM, said:

So now that MASC is confirmed and the tech timeline is bumped up to 3052/3053...

Anyone have new suggestions? Btw lol @Heavy IS will break the game/we need Clan Assault ECM first. You guys have everything but a 20 tonner now, and you will be getting new mech shipments at a faster pace than the IS had during the first 2 years of dev. Quit being so spoiled :/

Actually the "Tech" is still 3050 (Couldron born was made in 3049, Shadowcat is 3003)

It's just these mechs were not seen until 3052 by IS standards. Meaning these mechs was in Clan vs Clan as far as CW in MW: O is concerned adn thus we're still in timeline. It's just the timeline is slightly bent for when we first sayw X mech in battle against IS.

Because there are many clan mechs in the IS that the IS didn't fihgt... like all the Can IIC's and Clan C's.

(IIC = variant they had for a long time and modifide, ie Jenner iIC, Shadowhawk IIC, Hunchback IIC, HellHound (Wolverine IIC), Supenova (Kingcrab IIC), etc)

(C = quickly modified IS mech after capture, ie Atlas C, Battlemaster C, Centurion C, etc)

Some Clan battlemechs and new omni's as well...

Oh also flea not confirmed for next IS light sadly

#63 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:28 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 26 February 2015 - 01:42 AM, said:

Actually the "Tech" is still 3050 (Couldron born was made in 3049, Shadowcat is 3003)

That's actually incorrect according to the latest Town Hall. Russ confirmed that for the various Mech variants/tech they are using the number 3052 in house, with some bent rules allowing 3053 and maybe even 3054 for certain Mechs. That's how we have a Timberwolf with JJs and a few other crazy variants.

That's why I'm curious as to what possibilities this new timeline opens us up to.

#64 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:00 PM

View PostPezzer, on 26 February 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

That's actually incorrect according to the latest Town Hall. Russ confirmed that for the various Mech variants/tech they are using the number 3052 in house, with some bent rules allowing 3053 and maybe even 3054 for certain Mechs. That's how we have a Timberwolf with JJs and a few other crazy variants.

That's why I'm curious as to what possibilities this new timeline opens us up to.

I know, but your statement refers to a couldron born being a later tech.

That's the same as saying the ZSU-57 is a Vietnam war era SPAA instead of a WWII one.

And in technicalities CW allows clan vs clan so this can mean the couldron born could be added 2 years ago yet still fit lore.

and I did see the town hall.

Also Timberwolf S is a 3050 mech~ all mechs in game atm besides hero's (who bend rules like the hunchback, stalker, etc)

HOW EVER we got this thing called the "Shadowcat alt.config. P"

It's technically a copy of the Alt.config. J, which has a HAG 20 and 6 AP Gauss rifles (the weapons alone I stated is enough evidence to say how later this is)

however we swap HAG 20 for Gauss, and 6 APG for 6 MG.

technically the variant we have is based of a late config but also the one we have has no advance tech, it's simply based...

But anyway, I welcome our new IIC overlords! (if the IS think these clan omni's are OP... wait till the IIC's get into the game...)

#65 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:18 PM

man if the ECM Direwolf was available the forums would overflow with so much tears even if they got their heavy ecm.

#66 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:03 PM

Last time Russ spoke about the IICs he mentioned that it would probably be available in a pack and that they would be considered hybrid tech available to the clans until peace is made at the end of REVIVAL. I can't wait either, a Hunchback using Clan tech would be sweet, let alone a Jenner!

Also, I didn't mean to suggest that the Cauldron-Born was later tech. I thought it was only available by 3052 but no, it first encountered Inner Sphere forces in 3052 during an attack led by Smoke Jaguar. Every time I see the design it seems too new to be older than that! The art is comparable to 3060+ Mechs.

Either way I'm going to chug along with the 3052 date in regards to variants. Would open things up for the Black Knight and a few other mechs. Odds are these Clan War era variants are going to be added into the game, so why not theorycraft until we get confirmation?

#67 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:30 PM

View PostNunspa, on 03 January 2015 - 08:38 PM, said:

Can we (IS) get a heavy with ECM.. please

just one :/

I'd rather see IS get their omni-mechs than get a Heavy w/ECM, but that's just me.

#68 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:56 AM

View PostNovawrecker, on 26 February 2015 - 11:30 PM, said:

I'd rather see IS get their omni-mechs than get a Heavy w/ECM, but that's just me.

you wouldn't want that.

most clanners are begging for the feature of making there omni's into battlemechs and also getting clan battlemechs.

IS omni's have even more disadvantages and probably even the best IS omni's will get T5 quirks (or if they get the BS "omni!!!1!" crying, they will get T1 quirks even if they are the least played IS mech... the same as most clan mechs >.>)

Also the first IS omni is like 3057? or was it 3055?

#69 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:25 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 27 February 2015 - 02:56 AM, said:

Also the first IS omni is like 3057? or was it 3055?

According to lore, 3053, with mass production come 3055. But then again, MWO doesn't really follow lore to 100% accuracy.

#70 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:41 PM

View PostNovawrecker, on 27 February 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

According to lore, 3053, with mass production come 3055. But then again, MWO doesn't really follow lore to 100% accuracy.

In my "perfect world" scenario they add the CTF-0X with it's attendant EW Equipment and Remote Sensor Dispensers as part of a general expansion of the role of EWAR in MWO. But I think a more likely probability is that PGI adds an new variant to another mech that's already in game and give that an ECM hardpoint. The ON1-MA is listed (on sarna at least) as being introduced in 3052, so fingers crossed for the chance of a 75 ton ECM IS mech. Waking up to see the DRG-1C with an ECM slot would also be fine by me, it seems underwhelming compared to the -1N quirk wise and if the -1C lost all its quirks but maybe a +10% to ballistic cooldown or whatever to be allowed ECM I'd be more then I'll be fine with that.

Actually, has anyone asked Russ about this on twitter? I don't think I've heard about a yes/no to from him about using an already in-game IS chassis/variant for a "new" ECM heavy. I'm pretty sure it didn't come up at the last town hall at least.

Edited by Ultra-Laser, 28 February 2015 - 06:27 PM.

#71 ExplodedZombie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA, U.S.A.

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:06 AM

View PostPezzer, on 26 February 2015 - 12:03 AM, said:

You're missing the point. IS doesn't have any ECM they can bring to CW without sacrificing 100T to the Atlas, or going light (Cicada, too). The Hellbringer is tonnage-efficient and powerful. Most IS ECM mechs are not.

#72 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:24 AM

View PostExplodedZombie, on 04 March 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

You're missing the point. IS doesn't have any ECM they can bring to CW without sacrificing 100T to the Atlas, or going light (Cicada, too). The Hellbringer is tonnage-efficient and powerful. Most IS ECM mechs are not.

No, YOU'RE missing the point. An IS heavy that can carry ECM is what's next on the list of things to add for the IS. That and more tech, but unless they give the IS MASC it's going to take a while before that can happen.

I'm not saying that it shouldn't happen, I'm saying that the clanners advocating against it are being ridiculous.

#73 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:30 AM

View PostUltra-Laser, on 28 February 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

Waking up to see the DRG-1C with an ECM slot would also be fine by me, it seems underwhelming compared to the -1N quirk wise and if the -1C lost all its quirks but maybe a +10% to ballistic cooldown or whatever to be allowed ECM I'd be more then I'll be fine with that.

Actually, has anyone asked Russ about this on twitter? I don't think I've heard about a yes/no to from him about using an already in-game IS chassis/variant for a "new" ECM heavy. I'm pretty sure it didn't come up at the last town hall at least.

PGI is trying to follow 100% lore when it comes to variants unless a Mech has so few variants that fit the timeline that they are forcced to make one up to meet the 3-variant requirement. So the -1C one day randomly having an ECM hardpoint isn't going to happen. They are not planning on adding ECM on to alredy-existing Mechs, do you realize how much outrage that would cause? We would see forum post after forums post of "pls add ECM to my favorite mech!" and "WELL PGI GOOD JOB LETS THROW EVERYTHING FROM TT OUT THE DOOR AND CALL THIS GUNDAM ONLINE!!!1!1!".

There are a few Heavies that get period-appropriate ECM variants, we just have to wait for them to be added.

#74 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:00 AM

Isn't there a Grasshopper that has ECM?

#75 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:14 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 04 March 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Isn't there a Grasshopper that has ECM?

Yes but it also has Stealth Armor, C3, and Light PPCs. Tech that is not in game.

I'd much rather see the Griffon 2N, its a star league era ECM mech that wouldn't require any new weapons or meshes to be added to the game.

Likewise for the Stalker 3B (Command Variant), which is basically a 3F that ditches the torso mounted SRMs for BAP, ECM, and a Command Console.

If the IS is going to get a new ECM mech it should be one of those two.

#76 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:20 AM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 04 March 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

I'd much rather see the Griffon 2N, its a star league era ECM mech that wouldn't require any new weapons or meshes to be added to the game.

Unfortunately the devs seem to be avoiding Royal variants, which would make the 2N as an addition to the game improbable. I just went through all of the current in-game Medium and Heavy mechs on Sarna (was bored) and none of them have ECM variants that fit the timeline or aren't already included. We have to wait for new chassis introductions or for the timeline to officially move up to pre-Tukkayid 3052 (new mechs were introduced with up-to-date tech) for more ECM.

Edited by Pezzer, 04 March 2015 - 10:21 AM.

#77 Lugin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:27 AM

View PostPezzer, on 04 March 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

Unfortunately the devs seem to be avoiding Royal variants, which would make the 2N as an addition to the game improbable. I just went through all of the current in-game Medium and Heavy mechs on Sarna (was bored) and none of them have ECM variants that fit the timeline or aren't already included. We have to wait for new chassis introductions or for the timeline to officially move up to pre-Tukkayid 3052 (new mechs were introduced with up-to-date tech) for more ECM.

Dunno about that. The KGC-000b is a Royal.

#78 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:56 AM

View PostLugin, on 04 March 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

Dunno about that. The KGC-000b is a Royal.

Oh. Well that opens up the possibility of SEVERAL new variants that include an ECM hardpoint. The inclusion of Royal units would effectively double or triple the number of ECM variants available to the game. More triple myomer too.

I went through and did the research to see if there were any non-Royal ECM capable Medium or Heavy Inner Sphere mechs around by the invasion and I found only 1. The Pheonix Hawk gets 1 non-Royal variant that can carry ECM, the PHX-4L. So they pretty much have to include Royal units if they don't want to invent new variants or keep the number of ECM-capable Mechs low.

Edited by Pezzer, 04 March 2015 - 10:57 AM.

#79 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

View PostPezzer, on 04 March 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

Unfortunately the devs seem to be avoiding Royal variants...

Err... *Points at King Crab*

As far as ECM mechs that are in timeline but not in the game, we've got the Griffon and Stalker variants mentioned above the Hermes (requires MASC), and the FS-9S, which according to my TRO 3050 record sheets is supposed to have ECM in it's stock config.

Edited by HlynkaCG, 04 March 2015 - 11:25 AM.

#80 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

@OP, I believe the IS will be getting the Black Knight as part of a "Clan Buster" pack or something. One variant has ECM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users