#61 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:21 AM

View PostBSK, on 09 January 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

You found something you could argue about and didn't read the next sentence?
Here is the part that you missed:

Which is what I said, according to the lore of tabletop ..

If you can't beat those IS counterparts (exceptions listed below) you listed in a reconfigured clan mech, you're terribly bad, sorry.
Mist Lynx vs. Commando -> Com wins
Kit Fox vs. Spider -> Kit Fox wins
Adder vs. any IS 35 tonner -> Adder wins
Ice Ferret vs. Blackjack -> Blackjack wins
Nova vs Centurion -> Nova wins (will be a nailbiter though)
Stormcrow vs any IS 55 tonner -> Stormcrow wins. Every. Single. Time.
Mad Dog vs Dragon -> Mad Dog wins
Hellbringer vs Thunderbolt -> against a 5SS it's close, but mostly in favor of 5SS, all others lose against Hellbringer
Summoner vs Cataphract -> Summoner wins
Timber vs Orion -> Timber wins. Every. Single. Time.
Gargle can take on maybe anything up to 65 tons IS, but it's garbage
Warhawk vs Stalker -> Warhawk wins. Every. Single. Time.
Dire Wolf vs King Crab -> Dire Wolf. Every. Single. Time.

#62 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:30 AM

View PostShredhead, on 09 January 2015 - 05:21 AM, said:

If you can't beat those IS counterparts (exceptions listed below) you listed in a reconfigured clan mech, you're terribly bad, sorry.

You are the secound guy who interrupts an arguement without reading all nor taking everything into account. But as a non-clanner I forgive you for not knowing what a circle of equals means.[Redacted]

A Mad Dog stands no chance versus a Dragon in a fighting arena of 200 meters where he is not allowed to use cover or to move out of sight of the Dragon. Neither does the Summoner have any chance versus a Cataphract nor does the Warhawk. [Redacted]

Edited by John Wolf, 11 January 2015 - 08:51 AM.
Please refrain from insulting other players, and stay on topic.

#63 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:16 AM

View PostBSK, on 09 January 2015 - 05:30 AM, said:

You are the secound guy who interrupts an arguement without reading all nor taking everything into account. But as a non-clanner I forgive you for not knowing what a circle of equals means.

A circle of equals has no defined range nor is the use of cover forbiden if tactically appropriate.

#64 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:25 AM

View PostBregor Edain, on 09 January 2015 - 06:16 AM, said:

A circle of equals has no defined range nor is the use of cover forbiden if tactically appropriate.

Indeed! In the novels you even see warriors trying to ambush each other.. Though the line between being sneaky and hide cowardly is pretty thin.. :P

#65 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:26 AM

View PostRepasy, on 05 January 2015 - 08:52 PM, said:

Every tryhard in the game has made it their mission to stomp us clanners back to Strana Mechty. Not gonna lie to you man, the game has become bland since all we can ever do is Defend, not enough Ghost Bears around anymore... U want an intense fight? come join us, you'll get ripped a new one...

View PostBSK, on 05 January 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

Smaller units? [BSK] the BerSerKer have gotten extremely bored with CW because of the huge issues we got with bigger units. The group of people interested in CW in our unit shrunk down to 8 people. We have very unpleasant drops with small groups from the big units on a daily basis. Apparently quantity has nothing to do with quality, because players from big units seem to think they don't need to cooperate with people who are not on their TS server. Absolutely no communication, any attempt to coordinate is ignored, later flamed and spammed, we even see our members intentionally blocked and even shot at.

We are done with arguing in the game, if people don't want to have fun playing a game, if cowards prefer to fight their own instead of the enemy, then we just try to get as many credits as we can in that match.

If you want the Ghost Bears to cooperate, start with the units!

but all this will solve when you get faction wide grouping because then you can alliance wiht other units into a big group at least.

I preicted this all before CW went life, no one cared. Unit only groups was the worst decision to start CW with.

So lets wait until 20th of january.

#66 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:35 AM

You are the secound guy who interrupts an arguement without reading all nor taking everything into account. But as a non-clanner I forgive you for not knowing what a circle of equals means. [Redacted]

A Mad Dog stands no chance versus a Dragon in a fighting arena of 200 meters where he is not allowed to use cover or to move out of sight of the Dragon. Neither does the Summoner have any chance versus a Cataphract nor does the Warhawk. [Redacted]

Except that I know what a circle of equals is. You may take a look in my post history, I've done it with Gyrok several times.
And you obviously have no clue how to build a mech.
Here:
Mad Dog Surely this can never ever beat a freaking Dragon...
Summoner I can think of other nasty builds involving AC20s...
Warhawk How would you beat this with a freaking Stalker?
All these mechs have more/equal firepower and more speed.

Edited by John Wolf, 11 January 2015 - 08:53 AM.
moderated quote

#67 Shikata nai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:25 AM

A Mad Dog stands no chance versus a Dragon in a fighting arena of 200 meters where he is not allowed to use cover or to move out of sight of the Dragon. Neither does the Summoner have any chance versus a Cataphract nor does the Warhawk. Please refrain from posting if you don't understand the subject.

Had to laugh.
Better start twisting!
Popular Maddog builds can finish a standard Dragon build with one closerange volley if the Hitdetection is with you and the Dragon doesn't have the Firepower to finish a 1v1 before the Maddog is close enough.

#68 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostShredhead, on 09 January 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

And you obviously have no clue how to build a mech.

Without even looking at your builds, I knew you would make another mistake and miss this part again:

View PostBSK, on 09 January 2015 - 03:45 AM, said:

And even when you confiugre them, only a streak boat had a chance with 2 cool shots.

Again, improve your reading skills, at least your comprehensive skills, I dont need to argue on this kindergarten level. You know you are wrong and I am right, over and out.

#69 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:23 AM

View PostBSK, on 09 January 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

I dont need to argue on this kindergarten level. You know you are wrong and I am right, over and out.

Pot meet kettle. It is also either over or out, it cannot both.

I, myself, do not care about your streak boating quote or the context of it. You state that ingame "In a circle of equals there is no clan mech that could beat an upgraded IS mech of his same weight with its stock loadout" This statement is wrong for the most part unless you base it on your view of a small CoE where that might have some basis but as I have said, a CoE does not have to be just 200 meters.

#70 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

View PostBSK, on 09 January 2015 - 03:45 AM, said:

Timber Wolf beat an Orion with AC20 and 4SRM6? LOL, no.

You can't beat an Orion in a Timber Wolf? I guess I found your problem.

Edited by 101011, 09 January 2015 - 01:00 PM.

#71 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:18 PM

Indeed, enough. You are wrong about what a Circle of Equals is or missinformed about the size and shape it can have. This is in reply to your first post in this thread about the subject and the follow up with all the mechs vs their same weight class adversaries and stock vs non stock.

Botom line is that you cannot defend the overal subject so instead you just go for the easy way out and stoop to slinging the kindergarten ****. If you are as mature as you claim to be then you could also have elaborated further instead of going for the reading comprehension insulting route that you knew would get replies that could give you a moral highground

The botom line is, and I quote "You know you are wrong and I am right".

#72 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

View PostBregor Edain, on 09 January 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

Indeed, enough. You are wrong about what a Circle of Equals is or missinformed about the size and shape it can have. This is in reply to your first post in this thread about the subject and the follow up with all the mechs vs their same weight class adversaries and stock vs non stock.

Botom line is that you cannot defend the overal subject so instead you just go for the easy way out and stoop to slinging the kindergarten ****. If you are as mature as you claim to be then you could also have elaborated further instead of going for the reading comprehension insulting route that you knew would get replies that could give you a moral highground

The botom line is, and I quote "You know you are wrong and I am right".

LOL what's Circle of Equals? A support club for abused men? Haha sorry I couldn't resist. Gee I didn't realize that joining a random unit makes u celebrity.

Does it give you a moral highground too?
And the ability to sling kindergarden doo?
Wow, that's coo.
With an L.

Rule #1 about Maturity: You don't talk about Maturity.

See what I did there? :P In all seriousness though, I felt the need to butt in right now because FRANKLY, I'm sick of this elite G-UNIT bs syndrome going around. It's pretty obscene. Let me spell it out for you guys. THERE IS NO I IN TEAM. It's teamwork. Get it? You aren't superior l33t pilots JUST for being in a unit. You guys brag all about how SWOL you are and ur skillz r hax 'n whatever, and when "Pugs" beat you down all I see is QQ, "gg pugs NOT", "wow my team sucks so bad f this bs", "HAX!", "my aim-bot isn't working", "Clans OP (i am a pathological hypocrite)". What do you know, pugs can use teamwork too... Imagine that... It's not actually too surprising, is it? I mean, people were organized and worked together before units came about, why does it suddenly have to be the end-all be-all insignia of a true player?

This is #1 reason why I have not joined a unit yet. This behavior is prevalent in all the active units right now, and I'll be damned if I'll become another tryhard cheez-unit ****** spreading this disease... ffs...

It's also killing our player base.
<_< GOOD JOB. *golf clap*

#73 Ben Delat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSiegerland

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:07 PM

Well, the Last Weekend told me: clan Ghost Bear has some Fight in it left.
Good.
And u are able to learn from advice.
Saw a lot LRM´s this last weekend.
Even lost some PUG Games, i made.

The Return of MS seems to be a good thing.
And i even saw an 12 man CGBI Drop! Maybe they will get back in the Game too. :)

#74 sansDaedalus

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

We never left the game. We are a large unit with mixed interests, and our big CW pushes do not usually happen until later in the NA primetime hours. Additionally, last week we simply did not have the personnel to fight what was coming at us on the FRR front, so we had to make the difficult decision of choosing to cede those planets in order to fight the battles we could actually win. So in this case just because you did not see us does not mean we were not there and fighting.

Edited by sansDaedalus, 11 January 2015 - 11:30 PM.

#75 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:42 PM

Posted Image

#76 Ben Delat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSiegerland

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:01 AM

@sansdeadalus:
Let me rephrase: I am glad u chose to fight for ur own Planets, and not for SJ Planets any longer. :)

Just a little Banter.

I really am glad, that there is fighting on the FRR / GB Border.
Now we can leave the Welps alone and get back to you nice and fluffy Teddy-Bears. ^^

#77 H I A S

• 4,971 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:34 AM

PHL have lots of honey for us. Jam jam

#78 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard, with a beer, chocolate and waffles

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:06 AM

View PostBen Delat, on 11 January 2015 - 11:07 PM, said:

Good.

And i even saw an 12 man CGBI Drop! Maybe they will get back in the Game too. :)

Never stopped dropping in CW with smaller groups or a 12man with guys from the 50th striker cluster, the CGBI EU timezone cluster.
Had some close fought wins and losses in the time, some stompings both ways too,..but always lots of fun and good fights.

Hope to meet you on the battlefield and have more fun!

#79 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostBen Delat, on 11 January 2015 - 11:07 PM, said:

Good.

Adorable.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users