• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

View PostCaine2112, on 06 January 2015 - 10:41 AM, said:

@Slar and Mott

Neither of you have read the expanded rewards for Loyalty points, have you? It basically covers everything the two of you are asking for, and much more.

Expanded rewards for LP provide more maps and game modes?

#42 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

View PostMott, on 06 January 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

Good point Slar... but i still maintain that CW's largest issue right now is just lack of depth.

Not enough game modes, not enough maps, not enough variety in objectives and not enough variety in methods viable for achieving those objectives.

Giving out a cookie to get people to drop in CW would work... for a while. But how many cookies will they earn before they say "ugh, it's still boring and i'm not hungry for any more cookies"?

I'd drop 20 matches for a mechbay... but after that what's next? I couldn't stand the boredom or afford the time required to drop in 1000 CW matches to get the MC to buy premium time or a smaller mech.

I believe this Thursday makes 4 weeks since CW launched. Then the "Christmas Break" happened, 2 weeks long.

So yes, we should have a fully operational CW with 25 maps and 15 modes after 2 weeks. Typical.

MWO is, was and continues to grow. If the time frame under which this is happening is not to your liking, perhaps you could look into StarCitizen. Word is it is "almost" a game already... LOL!

#43 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostSlar, on 06 January 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

Early in this post someone mentioned that since the 'stocking event' was over, there are less people doing CW because there's nothing to play for.

Because the reward is at the end of the rainbow. The push towards to final objective. For ultimate victory!

So many say and have said there is no content, no end game, nothing to strive for. Yet when it comes to having to step up and go the long haul for an ultimate prize, now its all about the "what am I gonna get now!?" Wanting something with depth, but expecting a cookie every step of the way.

Well, really don't know what to tell the people who don't see the prize in seeing their faction map grow every day seeing who will be the ultimate winner.

#44 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

Well, it is hard to convince people about rewards when they didn't get them. I should have some MCs now, and I don't. Same goes for Mechbays. I knwo they will fix it in time, but still.

#45 Apnu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

View Postice trey, on 06 January 2015 - 02:54 AM, said:

Like... right screwed. Too few players using teamspeak, too few organized units, and too few of said organized units dropping strategically. Hell, too few combine units actually playing Community Warfare to stop the Planet-a-day onslaught of the clans.

Now, I don't think that this is because the lore for the Draconis Combine somehow magnetically attracts only bad players, or attracts players who refuse to use teamspeak, or attracts players who hate community warfare and therefore refuse to participate, but for whatever reason, the combine is getting stomped. When I can find a group, we do great, but often times, it feels all for naught as every win we get seems thrice over ghosted away unless 100% of our efforts are concentrated on one border, leaving every other planet to be conquered.

I'm not one to complain about losing over a well fought battle, but looking at the Steiner line, they've barely lost any worlds - and they've been facing some of the best units out there that took up the Falcon banner. They've also got even more factions bordering them than the Combine does, but they've held the line reasonably well. Meanwhile, in Kurita space, we've systematically lost a world to each of the clans nearly every ceasefire, with only the Davions being nominally held at bay. The Smoke Jaguars are so few jumps away from Luthien that unless the automated planet selection is feeling really generous or the possibility is forbidden by the game programming, I'd be betting the family farm that the capital is a clan holding by weeks' end.

I can only make conjectures as to "Why" this is, but I would like to motion to PGI to look into their number-crunching machine to tell us what it is that's causing the massive imbalance, and what will fix it. The Combine is clearly being outclassed to such a degree that no other faction - save maybe for Rasalhague - can compare. I'm not going to pin it on the clans being clans - as I've had the privilege of dropping with some units that took the fight to the clans and wiped the floors with them - but there's clearly some community player issues at work here that are tipping the scales.

MWO needs a strong DCMS. it just does. Steiner, alone, can't bear the brunt of the Clan invasion. But, sadly, there are more GBs than there are Snakes. Pity.

I know this sounds like a lot of work, and might not be what your into. But the only way to turn around Kurita is to assume control of Kurita and build a unit that is the biggest, best, most fun, unit in that faction. Players won't come to Kurita until there's a good, open, unit taking in everybody and shepherding them towards a goal.

So really, this is an opportunity for you, or some other Kurita with a lot of time on his/her hands to take the lead and make something awesome.

Edited by Apnu, 06 January 2015 - 12:01 PM.

#46 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

View PostApnu, on 06 January 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

MWO needs a strong DCMS. it just does. Steiner, alone, can't bear the brunt of the Clan invasion. But, sadly, there are more GBs than there are Snakes. Pity.

I know this sounds like a lot of work, and might not be what your into. But the only way to turn around Kurita is to assume control of Kurita and build a unit that is the biggest, best, most fun, unit in that faction. Players won't come to Kurita until there's a good, open, unit taking in everybody and shepherding them towards a goal.

So really, this is an opportunity for you, or some other Kurita with a lot of time on his/her hands to take the lead and make something awesome.

No one's gonna put that much time into MWO in 2015. In 2012 and 2013, sure.

2015? Haha.

#47 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:19 PM

Kurita has the double whammy of having a Davion border on one side that's highly populated and Clan ones that are aggressive and nastier per capita than the Davion units. Heck, it takes Kurita, Marik AND Liao together to actually put appreciable pressure on Davion, and they also have the aforementioned higher populations when it matters most.

If I was Kurita's leadership, I'd be simply waving at the Clan forces getting their corridor on and compensating by taking worlds elsewhere. Liao's done as much. Marik is a neighbor we can be diplomatic with, Davion is a barbaric horde that would never be sated until it devours any adjoining state it can chew on. Kurita,having formed the FRR as a firebreak to Davion-Steiner aggression might do well considering it again.

#48 bedevere42

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationDropship, in transit to new front.

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:18 PM

Like... right screwed. Too few players using teamspeak, too few organized units, and too few of said organized units dropping strategically. Hell, too few combine units actually playing Community Warfare to stop the Planet-a-day onslaught of the clans.

Ice Trey, I feel your pain, organizing pugs that aren't on TS or happen to be crummy players is tough. Kurita is also getting hit pretty hard on all fronts which stretches resources. On a positive note, I have been dropping against Kurita since Turtle Bay and your PUGs have improved, both in coordination, and in skill. There is definitely some untapped potential there, you guys just need to figure out how to get at it.

#49 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

View PostGrynos, on 06 January 2015 - 06:03 AM, said:

While yes, CW is fun to play. It is less so for the solo queue player. For CW to thrive , it is going to need support from those solo queue players , Right now the benefits for solo queue players in CW are not really worth it. Think about it, wait in queue , for how ever long , sometimes very long. Great the player gets into a group, now the match starts. If they are in with a PUG against a decent pre made group, they lose. So they spent sometimes 45 mins to an hour, to get 500,000 cbills if they do great damage, usually on a defense. Now that same solo queue player can play one hour of solo matches, and make close to double sometimes even more than that amount in the same time frame.

OR... alternatively, you could force anyone dropping with thier "Unit" to play CW, which forces those numbers playing CW up.

CW is not ment to cater to the pug. World of Tanks war mode doesn't cater to the pug, why the hell should CW?

#50 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:18 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 06 January 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

On TT and in the fiction House Liao was the whipping boy of BattleTech.

Second He who has the most players WILL win Wars Unless there is a serious mismanagement of force distribution. The adage in CBT fiction is to ensure victory one MUST have a clear 3:1 advantage. Numerical advantage is a huge thing in combat and this is a combat game.

3:1...somewhat.
In the days of muskets and horses, yes.

In the days of bombers and Carrier Groups, no.

Strategic strikes against valuable logistics leveraged by technology mitigate the need for numbers.

But yes, CW favors the more populous Factions.

#51 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:33 PM

View PostFlash Frame, on 06 January 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

OR... alternatively, you could force anyone dropping with thier "Unit" to play CW, which forces those numbers playing CW up.

CW is not ment to cater to the pug. World of Tanks war mode doesn't cater to the pug, why the hell should CW?

because MWO doesn't have the numbers to split.

#52 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

Hey...at least you guys can play CW. Ever since CW rolled out, my framerate has plummeted to unplayable (for me) levels (high single digits to low teens with Low settings and stuff turned off via user.cfg).

I know you're all gonna tell my me old Phenom II 945 and GTX 570 are ancient and need to be upgraded but it's what I'm working with at the moment.

CW sounds like it would be fun if the playerbase was higher and drop times shorter but that's up to PGI to fix.

#53 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:05 PM

Now, I don't think that this is because the lore for the Draconis Combine somehow magnetically attracts only bad players, or attracts players who refuse to use teamspeak, or attracts players who hate community warfare and therefore refuse to participate, but for whatever reason, the combine is getting stomped. When I can find a group, we do great, but often times, it feels all for naught as every win we get seems thrice over ghosted away unless 100% of our efforts are concentrated on one border, leaving every other planet to be conquered.

I'm not one to complain about losing over a well fought battle, but looking at the Steiner line, they've barely lost any worlds - and they've been facing some of the best units out there that took up the Falcon banner. They've also got even more factions bordering them than the Combine does, but they've held the line reasonably well. Meanwhile, in Kurita space, we've systematically lost a world to each of the clans nearly every ceasefire, with only the Davions being nominally held at bay. The Smoke Jaguars are so few jumps away from Luthien that unless the automated planet selection is feeling really generous or the possibility is forbidden by the game programming, I'd be betting the family farm that the capital is a clan holding by weeks' end.

I can only make conjectures as to "Why" this is, but I would like to motion to PGI to look into their number-crunching machine to tell us what it is that's causing the massive imbalance, and what will fix it. The Combine is clearly being outclassed to such a degree that no other faction - save maybe for Rasalhague - can compare. I'm not going to pin it on the clans being clans - as I've had the privilege of dropping with some units that took the fight to the clans and wiped the floors with them - but there's clearly some community player issues at work here that are tipping the scales.

People have to remember this is just Beta. The quirks and bugs are being assessed out and figured out. Give Russ and PGI A BLOODY chance. Will ya!

#54 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:26 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 06 January 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

Hey...at least you guys can play CW. Ever since CW rolled out, my framerate has plummeted to unplayable (for me) levels (high single digits to low teens with Low settings and stuff turned off via user.cfg).

I know you're all gonna tell my me old Phenom II 945 and GTX 570 are ancient and need to be upgraded but it's what I'm working with at the moment.

CW sounds like it would be fun if the playerbase was higher and drop times shorter but that's up to PGI to fix.

I think you might be doing something wrong. I have a 955BE running at 3.8ghz and a GTX670 running 1080p near max settings.

#55 volon12

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

i pug. im not horrible have helped with the team win many matches. Then last week everyone's attitude changed. units that weren't a 12man got pisser with pugs. 12mans got more verbal about there skills being so much greater than pugs. Its been a week and all i am seeing on the forums is 'where is everyone?', 'not enough people to drop', and 'our faction is screwed.' i've even stopped playing. it hasn't gotten boring. its gotten toxic. for 4weeks ive seen groups tell pugs 'its not meant for you', 'join a unit.' you reap what you sow gentlemen. cw is not half bad for a beta. The community is falling apart. dont believe me watch the replies.

#56 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

Posted Image

We just need motivation...release the Hatamoto.

Edited by CocoaJin, 06 January 2015 - 07:43 PM.

#57 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

View Postvolon12, on 06 January 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

i pug. im not horrible have helped with the team win many matches. Then last week everyone's attitude changed. units that weren't a 12man got pisser with pugs. 12mans got more verbal about there skills being so much greater than pugs. Its been a week and all i am seeing on the forums is 'where is everyone?', 'not enough people to drop', and 'our faction is screwed.' i've even stopped playing. it hasn't gotten boring. its gotten toxic. for 4weeks ive seen groups tell pugs 'its not meant for you', 'join a unit.' you reap what you sow gentlemen. cw is not half bad for a beta. The community is falling apart. dont believe me watch the replies.

Shame you ran into so many angry 12-mans being "l33t."

#58 volon12

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:52 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 06 January 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

Shame you ran into so many angry 12-mans being "l33t."

me personally never have. read about on this forum over and over and seen it from teams im on treating pugs like cannon fodder but meh. everygame has its ********. when the ******** begin to out number the rest you have a problem.

#59 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:21 PM

This whole game is nothing but ******** running around, that's why cw is no fun anymore. People who want an immersive and fun experience have boycott cw (i'm one of them!!!!!!!!). Only people left who play cw are tryhard manchild snobs who whine until they can haz their godperks, and masochistic whores who enjoy having their butts ripped... sad really...

#60 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:02 AM

Kurita just needs to get organized. Look at what SA has done with the SJ faction. If the 9th Sword and NightScorn are still Kurita I would rally around them personally.

Edited by Ax2Grind, 07 January 2015 - 01:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users