Pgi. Stop The Bleeding Or Cw May Never Recover.

417 replies to this topic

#1 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:21 PM

I saw your post about the January road map and I understand you just got back from vacation but CW is currently bleeding out for various reasons. If you do not have some big changes that stop this bleeding sooner rather than later it may not recover.

I wont rehash all the problems, because you can read your own forums to see what they are. I know this is a Beta CW, but please dont take long to make it out of Beta.

Edited by RustyBolts, 07 January 2015 - 02:25 PM.

#2 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:51 PM

The beta is bleeding? Don't they all?

This is what BETA is for....find the holes and cauterize them.

I'm pretty sure we DON'T want knee jerk reactions at this point. It hasn't even been 30 days. In my opinion 3 - 4 weeks of testing is in order before we even start to make big changes.

#3 Darth Mech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:58 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 07 January 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

No, generally, Betas have people clamoring to join.

QED.

#4 Divine Decoy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

"Chief said never trust anything that bleeds and doesn't die..... So she can't be trusted"

By Southpark The Movie Logic, can't trust this beta since it won't die or bandaid it's self Why can't more things be like WarThunder, just in general great, and fixed pretty quick? OR Marvel Heroes Online, lots of cool interesting new things (MAPS!!! and game modes please) added each week......

#5 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

I'm pretty sure we DON'T want knee jerk reactions at this point. It hasn't even been 30 days. In my opinion 3 - 4 weeks of testing is in order before we even start to make big changes.

No most betas are for testing and tweaking the final product once a product is released on open beta that is 99% of the time the finished product with the community out there finding bugs and using the time before release to tweak.

and as mentioned beta's 95% of the time have people bashing at the gates to get in they most certainly don't have people leaving it like a plague town.

so there is a very good reason for a serious rebuld behind the scenes and a damage limitation exercise with what we have

#6 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:46 PM

View PostDarth Mech, on 07 January 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

QED.

People were clamoring to join weren't they? Otherwise what was all the demand and hype about CW before it was released about?

However, after folks get in and try a beta ... THEN the good ones offer feedback, comments, suggestions, ideas for improvement. These are evaluated by the developer and compared to their metrics ... they decide whether the system is basically good as it is, whether it needs small tweaks or major revisions. Opinions from players and the developer will be all over the map depending on their experiences and what the statistics indicate.

This is the stage we are at now. CW is in a "beta" phase ... meaning it is still under significant development and things may change.

If the major problems still exist in 3 months ... then I think you will have a basis for complaint ... but this was pushed out in its current form just before Christmas to get testing data from the community. Let's give PGI a chance and see what they do with it.

Note: The biggest problem I can see with CW is that balanced forces would seem to inevitably lead to a static border. Maybe one side takes a planet or the other side does ... but if the odds of winning a battle ... attack/defend/counter attack are about equal then the sides will at best trade planets unless time zone or player number effects end up favoring one side over the other.

#7 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:43 AM

I understand what beta is for since I have been part of beta games before. I am also not asking for a knee jerk reaction. But this beta is bleeding out since a lot of players have stopped playing CW and from their Jan roadmap it does not look like they have much planned and that is why I posted this.

There is a history with this game in taking a long time to address problems and I am basically pleading with PGI to not take a long time to fix CW. The player base has dropped drastically over the last year. CW beta brought a small boost but now it is dropping off again. And I do understand that this is a natural progression of games, but CW is turning into a ghost town. You cant test if there is no one playing.

#8 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:24 AM

View PostDarth Mech, on 07 January 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

QED.

To Join Yes... but once the problems are found testers kinda bleed off til the fixes are uploaded. At least thats been my experience.

#9 Tywren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:30 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 08 January 2015 - 03:43 AM, said:

CW is turning into a ghost town. You cant test if there is no one playing.

Aaaaand, that's why you don't build such a huge, core component of your game around 12 man drops, and 500 member superunits. You'd have thought PGI would have figured this out after the exact same thing happened with the 12 man que system that no one used.

Also putting CW out there just before sending the bulk of your workforce on an extended vacation, and leaves the playerbase hanging for a month and a half with no sign of anyting being fixed, or addressed isn't helping matters either.

#10 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:55 AM

errr....please stop using the word beta as a crutch for this....it is exactly why they slapped it on there.

#11 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:08 AM

I have made a time lapse of my reaction to CW:
Spoiler

#12 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:13 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 08 January 2015 - 05:08 AM, said:

I have made a time lapse of my reaction to CW:
Spoiler

When they said they were doing CW, this was my one and only reaction.

Posted Image

When I found out they were putting a beta tag on it...

Posted Image

Edited by Vassago Rain, 08 January 2015 - 05:16 AM.

#13 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:15 AM

CW is a good thing. A very good thing. Yes, it has problems.

As long as PGI is willing to innovate and develop quickly to turn it into something great, we'll all be happy. As always, the onus is on the developer. We can offer our opinions and insights, but it's up to them to take it to the next level.

#14 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:23 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 08 January 2015 - 04:55 AM, said:

errr....please stop using the word beta as a crutch for this....it is exactly why they slapped it on there.

so you think only 2 maps, no house store or H-bills. No blackmarket or no special rewards for loyalty points ranks and such and only 1 mode is a finished product?

#15 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:26 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 08 January 2015 - 05:23 AM, said:

so you think only 2 maps, no house store or H-bills. No blackmarket or no special rewards for loyalty points ranks and such and only 1 mode is a finished product?

They had 3 years.

#16 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 08 January 2015 - 05:23 AM, said:

Not to put words in another poster's mouth... but i think he was more referring to the fact that PGI took the easy way out and slapped a BETA tag on a product they know is complete trash just to give themselves wiggle room.

When in fact they've been working on this game for 5 years and it was SUPPOSED TO LAUNCH WITH THE CW CONTENT.

#17 Zeece

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:35 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 January 2015 - 05:26 AM, said:

They had 3 years.

3 years you say? IGP NEVER let them even consider an implementation of CW... they saw no money in it at all.... All we ever saw was a market plan that was smoke and mirror to 'appease' us.

CW didn't get any design or coding time until post Clan mechs... so everything we see.. none of it is older than 6 months... based on what we got from Russ and Paul.. most of it is less than a couple months old because they changed alot of it in late october and beginning on November...

Before you ***** you should educate yourself so you can do it properly.

#18 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:37 AM

View PostZeece, on 08 January 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

3 years you say? IGP NEVER let them even consider an implementation of CW... they saw no money in it at all.... All we ever saw was a market plan that was smoke and mirror to 'appease' us.

CW didn't get any design or coding time until post Clan mechs... so everything we see.. none of it is older than 6 months... based on what we got from Russ and Paul.. most of it is less than a couple months old because they changed alot of it in late october and beginning on November...

I am educated. Do you want screenshots of them promising CW everytime they had something to sell?

I sure hope you at least remember we had to suffer through the transverse disaster before we were delivered totally a beta you guize CW.

Like I said, it's all popcorn to me now.

Posted Image

Edit: you guys who believe in this, I hope it works out for you. God knows your loyalty, tenacity, and devotion would have been vastly rewarded by any other struggling developer. You all deserve the game of your dreams for putting up with things for as long as you have.

Edited by Vassago Rain, 08 January 2015 - 05:41 AM.

#19 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:11 AM

View PostMott, on 08 January 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

Not to put words in another poster's mouth... but i think he was more referring to the fact that PGI took the easy way out and slapped a BETA tag on a product they know is complete trash just to give themselves wiggle room.

When in fact they've been working on this game for 5 years and it was SUPPOSED TO LAUNCH WITH THE CW CONTENT.

Yes, and in those 5 years PGI nearly became bankrupt and legal issues. between day 1 to year 2.

After that they recovered and altered there counted to make the game happen as MW: O.

Then there was the fact IGP was all like "Less giving the community what they want and give me more money!"

Then PGI used leverage from the Clan wave I pack to go buy IGP out and reverse some of the damage. (cap speed, removal of centurion AH, etc).

and finally released CW in a playable state.

I'm sorry but I am surprised PGI didn't go bankrupt for good after Mechwarrior 5 and died like Mechwarrior Prime.

Things take time. PGI still doesn't give up no matter how bad things get.
CW isn't trash. It's still more playable then pre ghost heat days.

It has only been out for a month. If your really upset then just go off and play some other game and come back in a year.

Anyway MW5 isn't even the same game...

Do you see a Warhammer or Atlas-C anywhere?

#20 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:20 AM

View PostZeece, on 08 January 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with your breakdown of the timeline.

It doesn't change the fact the community was lied to about work being done on CW all along. And launching a beta CW in Dec 2014 doesn't excuse the fact that it should have been launched in 2012.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users