Pgi. Stop The Bleeding Or Cw May Never Recover.

417 replies to this topic

#21 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:34 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 January 2015 - 05:26 AM, said:

They had 3 years.

1 of those years was spent recovering from near-bankruptcy from trying to make MW5
the other year was spent on doing everything IGP wants to happen and water down the game.
the last year is buying out IGP and recovery...

What if i told you that originally the 4 mech bay dropship hot drop idea was canceled because of IGP and the leopard dropship was made ever since 2013 early?

IGP practically kept wanting to push CW behind as it didn't seem like a good way to make money while the game was already playable as is. IGP was the ones that canceled the dropship idea and removed core ideas of CW.

I mean if you were practically banned by your publisher from working on CW for the most part then I do not know how fast you think PGI could make it.

#22 jebushunter

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:35 AM

opinion= i love CW, can see where it's going and I'm pleased. ever since pgi signed the license agreement they have been doing great in my opinion...............*sarcastic*---> what a **shocker**

problem i see at the moment and probable quick fix...... last week or so i seen CW bleed out to where i can no longer find a game..... this happen hopefully because the everyone was partying on new years and the critical mass needed at any one time for cw to run dropped below achievable games? duck if i really know. point is can we get an *event* real quick to draw players back into CW pool... hopefully one that encourages inner sphere fighting to balance clan vs IS numbers conflict. maybe also explain that number/planet list system again.... mainly that when attacking planets "red" your side is the "red number's" and on defending planets "blue" your side is the "blue number's". can tell there is alot of pugs waiting to defending when attacking slots are wide open and ready to drop.

Edited by jebushunter, 08 January 2015 - 06:42 AM.

#23 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:36 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 08 January 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

1 of those years was spent recovering from near-bankruptcy from trying to make MW5
the other year was spent on doing everything IGP wants to happen and water down the game.
the last year is buying out IGP and recovery...

What if i told you that originally the 4 mech bay dropship hot drop idea was canceled because of IGP and the leopard dropship was made ever since 2013 early?

IGP practically kept wanting to push CW behind as it didn't seem like a good way to make money while the game was already playable as is. IGP was the ones that canceled the dropship idea and removed core ideas of CW.

I mean if you were practically banned by your publisher from working on CW for the most part then I do not know how fast you think PGI could make it.

What if I told you that this mess we're in was caused by IGP and PGI equally? What if I also told you that excuses and talk are cheap, and it's time for everybody who's still on the boat to show up?

What if I told you that transverse was entirely PGI?

What if I also told you that I've been covering MWO for 3 years, and it's essentially a saturday morning cartoon villain plot?

Posted Image

What if I told you that I no longer really care, and remain here for the forum posts, but wish the rest of you the best?

Edited by Vassago Rain, 08 January 2015 - 06:39 AM.

#24 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:38 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 07 January 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

I saw your post about the January road map and I understand you just got back from vacation but CW is currently bleeding out for various reasons. If you do not have some big changes that stop this bleeding sooner rather than later it may not recover.

I wont rehash all the problems, because you can read your own forums to see what they are. I know this is a Beta CW, but please dont take long to make it out of Beta.

ingame voip and faction wide grouping will massively help the game for solos to enjoy the CW.

#25 Zeece

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:40 AM

View PostMott, on 08 January 2015 - 06:20 AM, said:

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with your breakdown of the timeline.

It doesn't change the fact the community was lied to about work being done on CW all along. And launching a beta CW in Dec 2014 doesn't excuse the fact that it should have been launched in 2012.

I just think we should be focusing our efforts on helping make a better game and quit bitching about broken record complaints from the past... Yes we know there were issues back then.. but this is a new year and we obviously have a company that has commited itself to doing better by us.... We should support that so we get the game we want!

#26 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:41 AM

View PostZeece, on 08 January 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

I just think we should be focusing our efforts on helping make a better game and quit bitching about broken record complaints from the past... Yes we know there were issues back then.. but this is a new year and we obviously have a company that has commited itself to doing better by us.... We should support that so we get the game we want!

This is like a post from december 2012.

Word for word.

'We' can't help do anything. Only PGI can fix CW, the game, and the playerbase. 'We' can play, or we can not play their game.

#27 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:45 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4080408

January 18th will see a lot of improvements to CW. The Call to Arms and Faction Grouping improvements will help a lot.

#28 Zeece

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:46 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 January 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

This is like a post from december 2012.

Word for word.

'We' can't help do anything. Only PGI can fix CW, the game, and the playerbase. 'We' can play, or we can not play their game.

So you are saying the CW Round Tables that are happening Starting next week that involve PGI AND the Community Members don't help?

Gotcha.... I can see where you are coming from now.

#29 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:49 AM

View PostZeece, on 08 January 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

So you are saying the CW Round Tables that are happening Starting next week that involve PGI AND the Community Members don't help?

I'm saying I sincerely hope all of you, even Heffay, get the game of your dreams that you were promised all those years ago. I'm saying you deserve it. You've put up with so much, and you keep doing it even as CW turns into a ghost town.

I'm also saying I'm here for the posts now. I wish you all good luck. If there's justice in the world, your devotion and loyalty will see you get that game you've always wanted. God knows you guys've earned it.

Edited by Vassago Rain, 08 January 2015 - 06:49 AM.

#30 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

Ok guys this was not meant as a Bash PGI post. It was simply a plea to fix CW as quickly as possible.

#31 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:51 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 08 January 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

Ok guys this was not meant as a Bash PGI post. It was simply a plea to fix CW as quickly as possible.

January 18th.

#32 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostZeece, on 08 January 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

I can buy into that. I just think that it's key to keep the developers "honest".

Slapping the beta tag on CW is more than a little disingenuous. Claiming that PGI and IGP were two completely separate entities and that IGP was completely the cause of all the issues is even more disingenuous.

We can support their new efforts, sure, but to keep them honest I don't believe in sweeping past transgressions and major lapses in judgement under the rug.

#33 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:55 AM

View PostZeece, on 08 January 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

Do we have any conformation that PGI will be involved besides Phil? I mean just like when NGNG did the clan vs is drops that was really just for NGNG info, I am sure data was shared with PGI proper but Phil said they were not able to any formal data collecting, Just cause NGNG is involved does not mean PGI is involved. (Yes I know Phil and Daeron are working for PGI)

View PostHeffay, on 08 January 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

January 18th.

Really you think everything will be fixed by the few fixes mentioned in the recent post... LOL

#34 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostTKSax, on 08 January 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

Really you think everything will be fixed by the few fixes mentioned in the recent post... LOL

Everything? No. Significant improvements. Yes.

It's beta. Sit back and enjoy the process.

[Redacted]

Edited by John Wolf, 08 January 2015 - 04:59 PM.
Unconstructive

#35 Zeece

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:00 AM

View PostTKSax, on 08 January 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

Do we have any conformation that PGI will be involved besides Phil? I mean just like when NGNG did the clan vs is drops that was really just for NGNG info, I am sure data was shared with PGI proper but Phil said they were not able to any formal data collecting, Just cause NGNG is involved does not mean PGI is involved. (Yes I know Phil and Daeron are working for PGI)

I'm sure Paul and/or Russ will make it some of them but I doubt their time will allow them to make every one of the discussions. I do plan on taking notes on all of them (as i do with the townhalls )and personally sending those notes to Russ to make sure the opinions of those involved make into PGI's hands.

#36 jebushunter

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:02 AM

View Postjebushunter, on 08 January 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

point is can we get an *event* real quick to draw players back into CW pool...

lost in the sands of rage

#37 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:04 AM

View PostHeffay, on 08 January 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

Everything? No. Significant improvements. Yes.

It's beta. Sit back and enjoy the process.

So then don't imply that with your post.

I am happy with how PGI is handling things now, but I grew tired of Beta with this product 2 years ago.

View PostZeece, on 08 January 2015 - 07:00 AM, said:

I'm sure Paul and/or Russ will make it some of them but I doubt their time will allow them to make every one of the discussions. I do plan on taking notes on all of them (as i do with the townhalls )and personally sending those notes to Russ to make sure the opinions of those involved make into PGI's hands.

But you have no gaurentee any of that will be read or considered so I would not go touting some arranged by NGNG as a roundtable with PGI. We don't even know if Paul or Russ will be there.

Edited by TKSax, 08 January 2015 - 07:05 AM.

#38 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:05 AM

What if I told you that this mess we're in was caused by IGP and PGI equally?

What if I also told you that excuses and talk are cheap, and it's time for everybody who's still on the boat to show up?

What if I told you that transverse was entirely PGI?

What if I also told you that I've been covering MWO for 3 years, and it's essentially a saturday morning cartoon villain plot?

Are you Morpheus?

Edited by Alexander Steel, 08 January 2015 - 07:05 AM.

#39 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:06 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 January 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

Heffay is a very famous forum troll, who'll go to great lengths in defense of PGI's honor.

I ain't exactly a spring chicken myself despite the low post count. I well aware of Markemp/Heaffy.

#40 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:07 AM

View PostTKSax, on 08 January 2015 - 07:04 AM, said:

So then don't imply that with your post.

I am happy with how PGI is handling things now, but I grew tired of Beta with this product 2 years ago.

But you have no gaurentee any of that will be read or considered so I would not go touting some arranged by NGNG as a roundtable with PGI.

Expansions always have a beta period. When Solaris is released, it too will have a beta period. Every online game that has expansions goes through this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users