#82 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 444 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

So you life on planet AMERICA ?????

EDIt: nice that quote is't working.

Edited by Rebel Ace Fryslan, 09 January 2015 - 08:34 AM.

#83 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:44 AM

I live EST... i work 7-10hr days, i've got 2 young kids including a 1.5 yr old that likes to wake up lots through the night...

Y'know what? I just f'n turn the game off and go to bed when i'm tired and need sleep. The ceasefire time means exactly jack-crap in the larger realm of life's realities. Just like my unit's practices or comp drops. If they're scheduled too late to make sense for me... i don't attend/stop playing.

It's a game. The clans are not actually invading. Terra is safe.

Chill out man. Chill the eff out.

#84 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:43 AM

Well there is some good news that comes from these types of threads.

There are no new Lay-Offs planned at the "Tinfoil Hat" factory this month. LOL! ;)

#85 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:59 AM

View PostWarZ, on 09 January 2015 - 07:28 AM, said:

Why in the F do you need to play right up until the ceasefire ? You can get your matches and tokens in during your playtime. There is no requirement that you be logged in at the closing bell.

Stupidest complaint I've seen in a while.

Some who are not leading drops have voiced similar comments, but those who are leading drops get it.

#86 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostGrizzlyViking, on 09 January 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

Some who are not leading drops have voiced similar comments, but those who are leading drops get it.

This I can understand.... so, train some more drop commanders.

What happens when your rig breaks down and you can't play for a while it's repaired/replaced? What if you get sick or injured? What if RL calls with work or family commitments?

You won't be able to play then either and your unit will have to find a way to manage without you regardless. Leadership redundancy is pretty key in more serious online gaming.

#87 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

View PostMott, on 09 January 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

This I can understand.... so, train some more drop commanders.

Actually, we (at Marik) have plenty of excellent drop leaders. It's just hard to not take ownership and want to see it through to the end.

#88 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 09 January 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

Actually, we (at Marik) have plenty of excellent drop leaders. It's just hard to not take ownership and want to see it through to the end.

Well that's just ego talking. And i can't relate. I broke my ego years ago. ;-)

#89 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

View PostMott, on 09 January 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

That's not ego, that's just liking to see something you're invested in resolved.

I *CAN* walk away before the CF knowing things are handled, but I understand the desire to want to be there up to the CF.

#90 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

View PostMott, on 09 January 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

No ego issues here. I play for the strategy and competition of it all. I love the game and want to be as involved in winning as possible. Can the Marik team win without me?...well of course they can and they do. Nobody is that important. I try to add if I can, but that's about it. The reason I want to be there at CF is because I want to be a part of it win or lose. It's like being a player on any sports team that gets sidelined due to injury. Does he want to be out there playing every time his team hits the field? Of course he does!

#91 _Anthrax_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 153 posts
  • LocationНовороссийск

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:54 AM

Please, vote.
http://mwomercs.com/...-attack-cycles/

#92 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:25 AM

I have a relatively simple answer for the issue, a random 72-168 hour duration between cease fires, less complaints about how in a 24 hour period your contribution doesn't count, and less complaints about how fast planets flip. For this to work right, the attack window time would need to be removed or changed so that it shows how long the attack has been going on instead of how much time is left, that way you don't have the complaint of large units jumping on the last 1-2 hours and undoing the work done before.

#93 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:52 AM

View PostJadeTimberwolf, on 11 January 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

I have a relatively simple answer for the issue, a random 72-168 hour duration between cease fires, less complaints about how in a 24 hour period your contribution doesn't count, and less complaints about how fast planets flip. For this to work right, the attack window time would need to be removed or changed so that it shows how long the attack has been going on instead of how much time is left, that way you don't have the complaint of large units jumping on the last 1-2 hours and undoing the work done before.

I, and a number of other people, have put forth suggestions similar to this. In most cases, folks are fine with planets changing every 24 hours, but the ending times need to be randomized so that no one knows when the CF will happen. Thus, if you want the planet, you will need to work for it all the time because you never know when any given battle may be the last.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users