239 replies to this topic

#41 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

I agree with Catamount. As a previous AMD lover and current user until tax rebate, I can attest that what has to be done with an AMD chip to achieve anything close to parity with Intel performance is just insane. I have OCed my 8350 to the stable limit and have run third party affinity software and bought a GTX970. I still do not see consistent performance on a level with an i5 system with an older, lesser GPU.

Until AMD does something to leap frog Intel in the IPC preformance, I will be switching to Intel. There just isn't any real savings with AMD anymore.

At least I can drop in CW now with more than 30 fps.

#42 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:35 AM

Hey I just thought I'd chime in here.

If you are on a budget, and don't want to OC

Then go with a lga 1150 XEON.

You can't overclock it, but it's an i7 for an i5 price. Difference is no iGPU but big deal, since you are having a dedicated graphics card.

Got my Xeon v3 1231 (3.4-3.8GHz) for 270$ CDN and haven't looked back. MWO runs awesomely.

Some people will tell you they are only for servers or whatever but they have no idea what they are talking about. It is literally in i7 processor, selected for stability, with no Intel onboard graphics.

You can probbaly even pick up a 1241 v3 (3.5-3.9GHz) for cheap these days as the new lines are coming out soon.

Seriously man, don't go i5 if you don't care for overclocking. Go Xeon like a champ and buy smart.

As for AMD there is the 8370 now which is the "new" one but it's just the same old FZX chip clocked higher. That said, my friend, and my brother, both own an d8320 and 8350 respectively and have no issues with MWO at all (bro has a 760 and runs this game maxed out with no hiccups). So take what you will from that. AMD's APUs are quite good but you can see that they're going in that direction and away from their old ways of just balls deep power. The FX chip is a few years old now and hasn't really been updated.

Anyways.

The cSand verdict: go Xeon don't be a chump

Edit: additional bonus, is you can go with a H97 based motherboard and not have any wasted potential, and save some $$

Edited by cSand, 11 January 2015 - 01:43 PM.

#43 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:43 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 11 January 2015 - 12:48 AM, said:

Intel Fanbois dont understand the concept of Value/Performance to Money and its questionable if the common Intel Fanboy Underive has any understanding that goes beyond rambling around over out of context claims of some artifical supriority that boosts their E-Peen.

what a ridiculous post... give your opinion to the OP and his question, instead of trolling about fanboys...

#44 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:53 AM

View PostcSand, on 11 January 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

Hey I just thought I'd chime in here.

If you are on a budget, and don't want to OC

Then go with a lga 1150 XEON.

You can't overclock it, but it's an i7 for an i5 price. Difference is no iGPU but big deal, since you are having a dedicated graphics card.

Got my Xeon v3 1231 (3.4-3.8GHz) for 270$ CDN and haven't looked back. MWO runs awesomely.

Some people will tell you they are only for servers or whatever but they have no idea what they are talking about. It is literally in i7 processor, selected for stability, with no Intel onboard graphics.

You can probbaly even pick up a 1241 v3 (3.5-3.9GHz) for cheap these days as the new lines are coming out soon.

Seriously man, don't go i5 if you don't care for overclocking. Go Xeon like a champ and buy smart.

As for AMD there is the 8370 now which is the "new" one but it's just the same old FZX chip clocked higher. That said, my friend, and my brother, both own an d8320 and 8350 respectively and have no issues with MWO at all (bro has a 760 and runs this game maxed out with no hiccups). So take what you will from that. AMD's APUs are quite good but you can see that they're going in that direction and away from their old ways of just balls deep power. The FX chip is a few years old now and hasn't really been updated.

Anyways.

The cSand verdict: go Xeon don't be a chump

^^^^^^^^^^ This! The Xeon's tend to get over looked quite a bit. Plus you dont have an on board GPU, which is a waste in 99.99999999% of all gaming rigs. Well I guess you could have the option to run ECC ram too but meh.

View PostThorqemada, on 11 January 2015 - 12:48 AM, said:

Intel Fanbois dont understand the concept of Value/Performance to Money and its questionable if the common Intel Fanboy Underive has any understanding that goes beyond rambling around over out of context claims of some artifical supriority that boosts their E-Peen.

Obviously a post from someone who has lost perspective - ie 'Fanboy'

#45 Angel Devereaux

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:55 AM

I'm not going to tell you what to get but I will list the components in my newest setup for you and provide performance numbers

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe
RAM: 16GB Corsair LPX DDR4 2666 (PC4-21300)
Video Cards: 2x Gigabyte GV-N970G1 Gaming-4GD Geforce GTX970
SSD: 2x Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD in RAID0 for OS and Programs
HDD: 4x 2TB HDDs in RAID10 for Data
Screens: 3x ASUS 27inch 1x Acer 23inch

FPS using three screens
Testing Grounds: 80-90 FPS
Normal Drops: 70-80 FPS
CW Drops: 50-70 FPS

CPU Usage stays pretty consistent maxing at maybe 15 percent, I see heavier usage out of the video cards GPUs than I do the CPU, each GPU is at 60 percent utilization while in mechlab and at 90 percent while in game.

The reason I chose this particular CPU is because it had 40 PCIE lanes which means that when using more than one video card they do not have to be slowed down, this stops the usually PCIE bottleneck you get when using the lower priced CPUs but I can't say for sure if this has really had a huge effect on MWO or not.

My setup prior to this one was exactly the same except it had an Intel Core i7 3770K 32GB DDR3 RAM and 2x MSI GTX680 Lightning Video Cards, single screen gaming was good but multiscreen was pretty unplayable but it seemed to only happen after the newer drivers were released for the new 900 series cards.

Edited by Angel Devereaux, 11 January 2015 - 09:59 AM.

#46 MechWarrior4172571

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostAbivard, on 11 January 2015 - 12:56 AM, said:

If I have an AMD with 4 cores, is there anything I can do to help with MWO until I am able to replace/upgrade CPU and other hardware?

Download and run TCP Optimizer--free software. Google it.

Go into your BIOS--check your settings, up voltages for everything a bit.

Download Speccy--free software by Piriform. Google it.

Then go into your settings there and see what speed your RAM is running at and what timings--if your memory is 1600 but it is running at 1333, you have to go into BIOS and manually adjust it's settings/timings/voltage.

Check your Video card too, at what bus speed it is running--if it is running at x4 speed.. there is a problem.

You can overlock your CPU too--just up voltage a bit and increase it's frequency in BIOS.

You can monitor conditions of your temperatures and voltages with a another free program--Open Hardware Monitor. Google it.

Go to "gear" option in MWO and choose 64 bit client--this is before you login to MWO, in the top right corner. Once there, and after you have chosen 64 bit option, choose there to clear cache also by clicking on "Repair" option.

All or some of these things WILL help you.

#47 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostJesus DIED for me, on 11 January 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

Then go into your settings there and see what speed your RAM is running at and what timings--if your memory is 1600 but it is running at 1333, you have to go into BIOS and manually adjust it's settings/timings/voltage.

Check your Video card too, at what bus speed it is running--if it is running at x4 speed.. there is a problem.

You can overlock your CPU too--just up voltage a bit and increase it's frequency in BIOS.

You can monitor conditions of your temperatures and voltages with a another free program--Open Hardware Monitor. Google it.

Go to "gear" option in MWO and choose 64 bit client--this is before you login to MWO, in the top right corner. Once there, and after you have chosen 64 bit option, choose there to clear cache also by clicking on "Repair" option.

u may want to explain what you mean by "up your voltages a bit" to someone that isnt in the know a bit could mean 1 or .500 or .250 or .025 or any other random #

#48 MechWarrior4172571

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 11 January 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

u may want to explain what you mean by "up your voltages a bit" to someone that isnt in the know a bit could mean 1 or .500 or .250 or .025 or any other random #

0.1 V increase is a good start and is completely safe for all the voltages in the BIOS.

Next question: How do I get into BIOS?

Answer: Press F2 or f12 or Delete button when your computer starts (might have to press a few times) to get into BIOS screen. Button selection varies upon manufacturer.

Probably a good idea to save your current BIOS configuration (if you have that option in the BIOS--some do, some don't) so that you can restore it easily if needed be. If no such option exists, then write down voltages on a piece of paper before you make changes--safe and easy way to have a piece of mind.. the old fashioned way. If you happened to have an ROG board, well, then it's even easier by copying settings to a USB drive. Anyway, it's a fun thing to try and just might give a performance seeker just a bit of an edge over their current computer speed.

#49 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 11 January 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

Yes, I do not know what the parameters are for temp or voltage increases.

#50 MechWarrior4172571

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:30 PM

View PostAbivard, on 11 January 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

Yes, I do not know what the parameters are for temp or voltage increases.

If you make a top post with your motherboard's name (system info) and ask for help overclocking your board/cpu/ram then someone would respond with helpful suggestions. Any questions as you get into the BIOS--let others know and help will come.

Temperatures for AMD processors:

If looking at a CPU's CORE temperature: Try to stay under 60 Celsius

If looking at CPU temperature: Try to stay under 80 Celsius

(The two are different from each other--one is core the other is just CPU)

If you just do a little bit of overvolting--you shouldn't worry at all about looking at temperatures. They should still be ok.

It's when you start getting to the upper most limits of overclocking, then you need to watch what is going on with the system.

I've taken Phenom AMD processor to 70 Celsius core and higher such that it would begin to throttle down (decrease in speed) and it is still just as strong as before. Certainly a memorable experience.

Edited by Jesus DIED for me, 11 January 2015 - 01:36 PM.

#51 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

dx11 or dx9?
I switched to 64 bit client, i have 64 bit windows 8, any reason to go to windows 8.1?
I downloaded the programs you mentioned.

I was not able to find the listing of values to which you referred.

Haven't gone into BIOS yet, but have done everything else, going check in the game for changes as soon as repair tool finishes.

Thanks for your help.

#52 MechWarrior4172571

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

View PostAbivard, on 11 January 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

dx11 or dx9?
I switched to 64 bit client, i have 64 bit windows 8, any reason to go to windows 8.1?
I downloaded the programs you mentioned.

I was not able to find the listing of values to which you referred.

Haven't gone into BIOS yet, but have done everything else, going check in the game for changes as soon as repair tool finishes.

Thanks for your help.

In Speccy program, click on "Video Card"--there it should be, Bus speed at which the video card is running at. When you click on the "Memory" section, it would give you some frequency, like 600MHz, for example--multiply that by 2 and you'll get what your memory is running as.

Post of your results if you get better fps in MWO though, it would be interesting to see.

No real reason to go to Win 8.1 for this game at all.

I am actually on Win 7 myself.

Yeah, try the 64 bit version and see if that helps you.

I run at Dx11 on my GTX 970 but your experience may vary.

Depends if your video card can handle Dx11, you may give it a try.

I didn't see any difference, perceptually, on my system between Dx9 and Dx11 and so I put it to Dx11 on mine. Some say that turning down particles to med or low might help with fps--you can try that too.

Also, see posts in this forum about changing/adding a config file where you can change some values that cut down on system resources, like removing glass in mechs, etc. Plenty of posts around with people sharing their config configurations.

Edited by Jesus DIED for me, 11 January 2015 - 02:55 PM.

#53 Error650

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

Ok. I have an Intel Haswell I3 4130 (dual core chip) and a 2 gig Radeon Powercolor 7850+. Hardly cutting edge but plays 1080p at high detail setting DX11 and averages 40+ fps. Really happy with it. Windows 8, and 8 gig ram.

#54 Chiron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:48 AM

I agree, many of these things help get free FPS from your hardware.
I would add that you can get some more FPS from the SOFTWARE side, by adding a user.cfg file to the mechwarrior online folder. While there are tons of tweaks you can add, I'll give you the simplest set of instructions, and if you want to tinker more, search these forums for "user.cfg" tweaks.

Note: this little bit of code easily added 5-7 fps for me, with no other changes, also on an AMD cpu.

1) Find your folder that contains the game, usually something like c://program files/pgi/mechwarrior online/

2) find or add a file called USER.CFG

3) open this file in Notepad, and add the following:

gp_option_ShowCockpitGlass=0
r_DepthOfField=0
r_HDRGrainAmount=0.0
cl_fov = 75

4) save, close and run the game! You will no longer have cockpit glass glare obscuring your view, and your game will run smoother.

Edited by chiron, 13 January 2015 - 08:49 AM.

#55 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:07 AM

View PostAznpersuasion89, on 10 January 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

I have an amd fx 8320 and it performs great with this game. Everyone says it's cpu bound but my cpu usage with this game is minimal. I say amd and spend more on your video card.

I agree. When I play MechWarrior on my laptop which has a i7 3615QM with Chrome and my music player open, CPU usage is below or around 20%. My GT650M is the bottleneck in my case =\

#56 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:12 AM

Lol I have made 4 core 6 core and 8 core cfg files for AMD vishera and bulldozer LOLZ they work so good, Noone seems to want them though, You people crazy

4core

gp_option_ShowCockpitGlass=0 (off/on)
r_DepthOfField=0 (off/on)
r_HDRGrainAmount=0.0 (film grain amount)
r_motionBlur = 0
r_MultiThreaded = 1
cl_fov = 80(Default is 75)-reduced for FOV reduction on FPS hit 80 is 16X10 ratio but doesnt look distorted on 16X9 1080P

e_GsmCache = 1
r_FogShadows = 0

q_ShaderWater = 0

r_silhouettePOM = 0
r_UsePOM = 0

sys_enable_budgetmonitoring = 1
sys_budget_videomem = 2096 (your GPU VRAM value)

****THIS IS SYSTEM MEMORY TWEAK****
*open command console as admin from start menu- type "winsat mem" and press enter. add values to this chart below.....but multiply your value X1024 for systembudgetthroughput*

sys_budget_sysmem = 8192
sys_budget_streamingthroughput =26320912 ?????????? (????? X 1024)
sys_LocalMemoryGeometryStreamingSpeedLimit = 25604 ?????
sys_LocalMemoryTextureStreamingSpeedLimit =25604 ?????
sys_streaming_max_bandwidth =25604 ?????

****THIS IS CPU OFFLOADING TWEAK****

s_NumLoadingThreadsToUse = 4
sys_limit_phys_thread_count = 4

ca_thread0Affinity = 0
ca_thread1Affinity = 1

sys_main_CPU = 0
sys_physics_CPU = 1
sys_streaming_CPU = 2
sys_budget_soundCPU =4
r_WaterUpdateThread = 4

sys_TaskThread0_CPU = 0
sys_TaskThread1_CPU = 4
sys_TaskThread2_CPU = 3
sys_TaskThread3_CPU = 4
sys_TaskThread4_CPU = 3

;gfx_ampserver = 1
;gfx_loadtimethread =1
;sys_flash_allow_reset_mesh_cache = 1 YTD this is ok?
;ca_KeepModels = 1
;r_TexturesStreamingOnlyVideo =1
;gfx_loadtimethread = 1
;gfx_inputevents_triggerrepeat = .025

6core

r_motionBlur = 0

r_MultiThreaded = 1

cl_fov = 70 (Default is 75)

sys_MaxFPS = 144

d3d10_TripleBuffering = 1
d3d11_TripleBuffering = 1
d3d9_TripleBuffering = 1

e_GsmCache = 1
r_FogShadows = 0

q_ShaderWater = 0

r_silhouettePOM = 0
r_UsePOM = 0

sys_budget_sysmem = 8192

*open command console as admin from start menu- type "winsat mem" and press enter. add values to this chart below.....
but multiply your value X1024 for systembudgetthroughput*

sys_budget_streamingthroughput = 26320912
sys_LocalMemoryGeometryStreamingSpeedLimit = 25604
sys_LocalMemoryTextureStreamingSpeedLimit = 25604
sys_streaming_max_bandwidth = 25604

sys_main_CPU = 0
sys_streaming_CPU = 1
sys_physics_CPU = 2

sys_budget_soundCPU = 5
r_WaterUpdateThread = 5

ca_thread0Affinity = 0
ca_thread1Affinity = 3

sys_limit_phys_thread_count = 6
s_NumLoadingThreadsToUse = 6

sys_TaskThread0_CPU = 0
sys_TaskThread1_CPU = 4
sys_TaskThread2_CPU = 3
sys_TaskThread3_CPU = 2
sys_TaskThread4_CPU = 4
sys_TaskThread5_CPU = 1
sys_TaskThread6_CPU = 5

8core

r_motionBlur = 0
r_MultiThreaded = 1
cl_fov = 70(Default is 75)

;r_TexturesStreamPoolSize = 1800

sys_MaxFPS = 144
d3d9_TripleBuffering = 1

e_GsmCache = 1
r_FogShadows = 0

q_ShaderWater = 0

r_silhouettePOM = 0
r_UsePOM = 0

sys_budget_sysmem = 8192
Open cmd prompt with admin privileges, type winsat mem hit enter, use figure for lower 3 spaces, top space is multipled X1024-

sys_budget_streamingthroughput = 20480000 (20000 X1024)
sys_LocalMemoryGeometryStreamingSpeedLimit = 20000 ,
sys_LocalMemoryTextureStreamingSpeedLimit = 20000
sys_streaming_max_bandwidth = 20000

sys_budget_videomem = 2096

sys_main_CPU = 0
sys_streaming_CPU = 0
sys_physics_CPU = 2

;sys_limit_phys_thread_count = 8
;s_NumLoadingThreadsToUse = 8

ca_thread0Affinity = 0
ca_thread1Affinity = 4

sys_budget_soundCPU = 6
r_WaterUpdateThread = 7

;sys_TaskThread0_CPU = 3
;sys_TaskThread1_CPU = 5
;sys_TaskThread2_CPU = 6
;sys_TaskThread3_CPU = 5
;sys_TaskThread4_CPU = 5
;sys_TaskThread5_CPU = 6 disabled these due to other set being better. with ;
;sys_TaskThread6_CPU = 3
;sys_TaskThread7_CPU = 7
;sys_TaskThread8_CPU = 6

sys_TaskThread0_CPU = 3
sys_TaskThread1_CPU = 5
sys_TaskThread2_CPU = 5
sys_TaskThread3_CPU = 6
sys_TaskThread4_CPU = 3
sys_TaskThread5_CPU = 6
sys_TaskThread6_CPU = 3
sys_TaskThread7_CPU = 7
sys_TaskThread8_CPU = 6

;gfx_ampserver = 1
;gfx_loadtimethread =1
;sys_flash_allow_reset_mesh_cache = 1 YTD this is ok? disabled VIA ;
;ca_KeepModels = 1
;gfx_loadtimethread = 1

Anyone not using these is silly and deserves to run @ 10FPS/

#57 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:53 AM

Smokey, I've always been intrigued by your CFGs and found them to be all-in-all reasonable in thread assignment if I'm understanding the basic idea here, but I'm curious: in your four core config you assign ca_thread1Affinity an assignment to core 1, correct? Doesn't that pair ca_thread0Affinity and ca_thread1Affinity to the same module, ie, they'd share an FPU? (the very thing PGI cites as the limiting factor of FX chips)

Aren't those both very intensive threads that might benefit from each having an FPU?

#58 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:43 AM

It's the central mystery of the 22DEC2014 patch: Did they reduce the math precision, or something, so the FX-FPU Thing is out'a the way?

I would like to hear where the extra 48KB on the video card is coming from, and how them taskthread experiments went (the two smaller lists have an extra thread beyond the core count.)

#59 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:56 AM

View PostSmokeyjedi, on 13 January 2015 - 09:12 AM, said:

Lol I have made 4 core 6 core and 8 core cfg files for AMD vishera and bulldozer LOLZ they work so good, Noone seems to want them though, You people crazy

4core

r_motionBlur = 0
r_MultiThreaded = 1
cl_fov = 80(Default is 75)-reduced for FOV reduction on FPS hit 80 is 16X10 ratio but doesnt look distorted on 16X9 1080P

e_GsmCache = 1
r_FogShadows = 0

q_ShaderWater = 0

r_silhouettePOM = 0
r_UsePOM = 0

****THIS IS SYSTEM MEMORY TWEAK****
*open command console as admin from start menu- type "winsat mem" and press enter. add values to this chart below.....but multiply your value X1024 for systembudgetthroughput*

sys_budget_sysmem = 8192
sys_budget_streamingthroughput =26320912 ?????????? (????? X 1024)
sys_LocalMemoryGeometryStreamingSpeedLimit = 25604 ?????
sys_LocalMemoryTextureStreamingSpeedLimit =25604 ?????
sys_streaming_max_bandwidth =25604 ?????

****THIS IS CPU OFFLOADING TWEAK****

s_NumLoadingThreadsToUse = 4
sys_limit_phys_thread_count = 4

ca_thread0Affinity = 0
ca_thread1Affinity = 1

sys_main_CPU = 0
sys_physics_CPU = 1
sys_streaming_CPU = 2
sys_budget_soundCPU =4
r_WaterUpdateThread = 4

sys_TaskThread0_CPU = 0
sys_TaskThread1_CPU = 4
sys_TaskThread2_CPU = 3
sys_TaskThread3_CPU = 4
sys_TaskThread4_CPU = 3

;gfx_ampserver = 1
;gfx_loadtimethread =1
;sys_flash_allow_reset_mesh_cache = 1 YTD this is ok?
;ca_KeepModels = 1
;gfx_loadtimethread = 1

6core

r_motionBlur = 0

r_MultiThreaded = 1

cl_fov = 70 (Default is 75)

sys_MaxFPS = 144

d3d9_TripleBuffering = 1

e_GsmCache = 1
r_FogShadows = 0

q_ShaderWater = 0

r_silhouettePOM = 0
r_UsePOM = 0

sys_budget_sysmem = 8192

*open command console as admin from start menu- type "winsat mem" and press enter. add values to this chart below.....
but multiply your value X1024 for systembudgetthroughput*

sys_budget_streamingthroughput = 26320912
sys_LocalMemoryGeometryStreamingSpeedLimit = 25604
sys_LocalMemoryTextureStreamingSpeedLimit = 25604
sys_streaming_max_bandwidth = 25604

sys_main_CPU = 0
sys_streaming_CPU = 1
sys_physics_CPU = 2

sys_budget_soundCPU = 5
r_WaterUpdateThread = 5

ca_thread0Affinity = 0
ca_thread1Affinity = 3

sys_limit_phys_thread_count = 6
s_NumLoadingThreadsToUse = 6

sys_TaskThread0_CPU = 0
sys_TaskThread1_CPU = 4
sys_TaskThread2_CPU = 3
sys_TaskThread3_CPU = 2
sys_TaskThread4_CPU = 4
sys_TaskThread5_CPU = 1
sys_TaskThread6_CPU = 5

8core

r_motionBlur = 0
r_MultiThreaded = 1
cl_fov = 70(Default is 75)

;r_TexturesStreamPoolSize = 1800

sys_MaxFPS = 144
d3d9_TripleBuffering = 1

e_GsmCache = 1
r_FogShadows = 0

q_ShaderWater = 0

r_silhouettePOM = 0
r_UsePOM = 0

sys_budget_sysmem = 8192
Open cmd prompt with admin privileges, type winsat mem hit enter, use figure for lower 3 spaces, top space is multipled X1024-

sys_budget_streamingthroughput = 20480000 (20000 X1024)
sys_LocalMemoryGeometryStreamingSpeedLimit = 20000 ,
sys_LocalMemoryTextureStreamingSpeedLimit = 20000
sys_streaming_max_bandwidth = 20000

sys_budget_videomem = 2096

sys_main_CPU = 0
sys_streaming_CPU = 0
sys_physics_CPU = 2

;sys_limit_phys_thread_count = 8
;s_NumLoadingThreadsToUse = 8

ca_thread0Affinity = 0
ca_thread1Affinity = 4

sys_budget_soundCPU = 6
r_WaterUpdateThread = 7

;sys_TaskThread0_CPU = 3
;sys_TaskThread1_CPU = 5
;sys_TaskThread2_CPU = 6
;sys_TaskThread3_CPU = 5
;sys_TaskThread4_CPU = 5
;sys_TaskThread5_CPU = 6 disabled these due to other set being better. with ;
;sys_TaskThread6_CPU = 3
;sys_TaskThread7_CPU = 7
;sys_TaskThread8_CPU = 6

sys_TaskThread0_CPU = 3
sys_TaskThread1_CPU = 5
sys_TaskThread2_CPU = 5
sys_TaskThread3_CPU = 6
sys_TaskThread4_CPU = 3
sys_TaskThread5_CPU = 6
sys_TaskThread6_CPU = 3
sys_TaskThread7_CPU = 7
sys_TaskThread8_CPU = 6

;gfx_ampserver = 1
;gfx_loadtimethread =1
;sys_flash_allow_reset_mesh_cache = 1 YTD this is ok? disabled VIA ;
;ca_KeepModels = 1
;gfx_loadtimethread = 1

Anyone not using these is silly and deserves to run @ 10FPS/

I spoke with Karl Berg in twitch one evening about your configs, some of the things you have won't do anything.

From memory i think he pulled out sys_budget_videomem = 2096 as one he pulled out as being for debug purposes only.

#60 Maver0ick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 228 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:12 AM

I'm a fan of AMD. I would buy AMD if the price/performance comes close to Intel because I want to support competition in the market. However AMD performance has been nowhere near Intel lately.

I'm not familiar with the AMD FX 6300 but I looked for a comparison against my old computer from 2008 based on the Intel Q9450 which I replaced last year specifically to run MWO. The FX 6300 didn't even do well against the Q9450.

http://www.cpusort.c...-vs-AMD-FX-6300

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users