The Game Is Broken Right Now

73 replies to this topic

#1 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:18 AM

Time to kill mechs is way too low. This is not mechwarrior. What happened to targeting specific components of a mech for a reason? What happened to those long drawn out nailbiter brawls that everyone enjoyed? Why does everyone hide behind hills and wait for mechs to come over?

Warhawks are more fragile than Stormcrows and Timberwolves because they have broken hitboxes that do not register damage properly. 85 ton mech goes down faster than a 55 ton mech. This should not happen.

Russ, PGI, you really need to increase internals/armor by about 1/3 across the board, including clan mechs, and fix the Timberwolf and Stormcrow hitboxes so they are on the same level as all the other mechs. Until then, this is Call of Duty, mechwarrior edition, and people are losing patience with this game.

Edited by Alwrath, 13 January 2015 - 11:19 AM.

#2 TimePeriod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 548 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationI'm out gardening, back in 10.

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

Broken? What?

I die all the time.

#3 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:22 AM

+1x1000

#4 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

I could understand improving the durability of standard internals only, because they are currently inferior to Endo on almost all mechs, especially on mechs that aren't given a choice in the matter... It would help to buff some of the sub-par Clan chassis while also making STD internals somewhat useful on more than Dire Whales and very rare IS builds. Something like +25% or more (as need be) internal HP for STD internals should do the trick.

FF might also get a little buff (less than the STD internals buff), since FF is always inferior to Endo outside of lights and low-end mediums or Clan mechs (even then Clan Endo > Clan FF). IS FF's buff would be much higher than Clan FF's buff for that reason (Clan still gets fewer critslots and lower weight).

#5 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

Posted Image

#6 blood4blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 527 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:28 AM

At some point increased armor values only serve to encourage people to rush in without thought to tactical manuevering and to blast away with short range weapons, turning this game into even more of a brawler and even less of a tactical/strategic shooter simulation. Personally I tend to go against the grain all over the place, but I think they've already tipped the scales as far as they should toward brawlers with the small maps, reduced range of vision, nerfs to gauss and PPC, etc.

#7 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 13 January 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

Time to kill mechs is way too low. This is not mechwarrior. What happened to targeting specific components of a mech for a reason? What happened to those long drawn out nailbiter brawls that everyone enjoyed? Why does everyone hide behind hills and wait for mechs to come over?

Warhawks are more fragile than Stormcrows and Timberwolves because they have broken hitboxes that do not register damage properly. 85 ton mech goes down faster than a 55 ton mech. This should not happen.

Russ, PGI, you really need to increase internals/armor by about 1/3 across the board, including clan mechs, and fix the Timberwolf and Stormcrow hitboxes so they are on the same level as all the other mechs. Until then, this is Call of Duty, mechwarrior edition, and people are losing patience with this game.

Its not? You mean I didn't kill Mechs in 2-3 salvos in MW2, 3 & 4? I distinctly remember watching my Daughter melt a Rifleman IIC with my 2 Gauss 3 ERPPC Dire Wolf (in MW2)With one Alpha Strike and continue to tromp along spraying death all over the battlefield. Destroying 12 out of 12 Mechs. By. Herself. She was 7!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 13 January 2015 - 11:29 AM.

#8 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

If you give the general population the ability to endlessly customize their mech, they will customize it to deliver the most damage possible to kill as fast as possible. Gamers want to win. Lower TTK is the very nature of a freely interchangeable Mechlab. A stock gamemode has been called for endlessly by certain individuals on this forum (myself included), but even I have to wonder how many people would truly be willing to surrender their Mechbay.

Most gamers don't nail-biters. They want to shoot things and see them blow up.

#9 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 13 January 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

If you give the general population the ability to endlessly customize their mech, they will customize it to deliver the most damage possible to kill as fast as possible. Gamers want to win. Lower TTK is the very nature of a freely interchangeable Mechlab. A stock gamemode has been called for endlessly by certain individuals on this forum (myself included), but even I have to wonder how many people would truly be willing to surrender their Mechbay.

Suddenly, Stormcrow Prime. Stormcrow Primes everywhere.

Along with the majority of people flocking to any of the other DHS-/Endo/etc equipped stock mechs.

#10 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:34 AM

It's amazing how half this community thinks TTK is too long while the other half thinks TTK is too short... :blink:

Personally I don't miss the 10 minute protracted ring-around-the-rosy dance of days past trying desperately to get that last critical hit on my foes leg before he got mine... ^_^

#11 Jimmy Page

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 145 posts
  • LocationOh1O

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

While certainly not perfect, i think the game is in it's best state ever. SRM's are finally perfect. LRM's seem good. New mech quirks add some spice and have added mech diversity to the battlefield. Much to still be done, but i've lived through the Streak Raven's, Splat Cats, Highlander Pop Tarts, LRMageddon, etc and am enjoying the game in it's current state.

#12 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostFupDup, on 13 January 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

Suddenly, Stormcrow Prime. Stormcrow Primes everywhere.

Along with the majority of people flocking to any of the other DHS-/Endo/etc equipped stock mechs.

You're not wrong. Pretty much what happens at times during the Stock Mech Wednesday events. PGI would have to restrict it to a 3025 queue, and then, goodbye anyone with a clan hangerbay.

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 13 January 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

CAn it be made to return my Mechs to stock for these matches only? I don't wanna have to buy duplicates of my Mechs! Its a unnecessary expense in my opinion.

#14 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostFupDup, on 13 January 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

I could understand improving the durability of standard internals only, because they are currently inferior to Endo on almost all mechs, especially on mechs that aren't given a choice in the matter... It would help to buff some of the sub-par Clan chassis while also making STD internals somewhat useful on more than Dire Whales and very rare IS builds. Something like +25% or more (as need be) internal HP for STD internals should do the trick.

FF might also get a little buff (less than the STD internals buff), since FF is always inferior to Endo outside of lights and low-end mediums or Clan mechs (even then Clan Endo > Clan FF). IS FF's buff would be much higher than Clan FF's buff for that reason (Clan still gets fewer critslots and lower weight).

This angle is worth looking at.

#15 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 13 January 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

CAn it be made to return my Mechs to stock for these matches only? I don't wanna have to buy duplicates of my Mechs! Its a unnecessary expense in my opinion.

Actually what would be keen is if when selecting "stock mode" ones mech would automatically be changed to it's stock configuration for "that match" regardless of it's present configuration even if the user did not posses those items.

In my mind one is accepting so many other concessions to play stock... having to own all the kit it's kind'a double-indemnity. ;)

Edited by DaZur, 13 January 2015 - 11:45 AM.

#16 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:50 AM

That face when you realize TT armor was doubled.
That face when you still complain
Wat

#17 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:50 AM

View PostJimmy Page, on 13 January 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

While certainly not perfect, i think the game is in it's best state ever. SRM's are finally perfect. LRM's seem good. New mech quirks add some spice and have added mech diversity to the battlefield. Much to still be done, but i've lived through the Streak Raven's, Splat Cats, Highlander Pop Tarts, LRMageddon, etc and am enjoying the game in it's current state.

Although I have had complaints you have a point for sure. Its close. But the very weak IS lights need love, the IS and Clan balance isnt there yet OBVIOUSLY, ttk is a bit to low, and there is about 5 or 6 mechs that need the nerf bat as well as the next characterists pass(quicks) being added.

Just an opinion from one player.

Edited by Johnny Z, 13 January 2015 - 11:55 AM.

#18 Gallowglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:11 PM

In my experience, the TBR hitbox issues have more to do with JJ cycling than anything else. People tap their JJs and the hitboxes go all crazy. Granted, that's true for more than just the TBR, but it's pretty terrible on the TBR.

#19 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostBurktross, on 13 January 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

That face when you realize TT armor was doubled.
That face when you still complain
Wat

That face when you realize that while armor was doubled firepower was tripled.

#20 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 13 January 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

Although I have had complaints you have a point for sure. Its close. But the very weak IS lights need love, the IS and Clan balance isnt there yet OBVIOUSLY, ttk is a bit to low, and there is about 5 or 6 mechs that need the nerf bat as well as the next characterists pass(quicks) being added.

Just an opinion from one player.

Weak IS lights? LOL!!!!!

Right now a firestarter is a better tank than an Atlas...

TW and SCR are fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users