39 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

When the MM can not find a suitable match for you, it drops you into the newbie league where no one follows any simple instructions and do not know how to aim. With CW there is alot of the higher ELO folks being dropped down. No matter how hard we carry you can not carry the whole damn match.

2 matches back to back

Posted Image

Posted Image

its just one of those times where you sit back and go Hmmmmm

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

You are using LRM boat, and an Assault version at that. LRM boats cannot carry a team effectively and consistently, since they are highly dependent on the team quality.

If you want to carry better, lower your LRM launcher size/amount and get bigger back-up weapons.

Edited by El Bandito, 15 January 2015 - 04:58 PM.

#3 DivideByZer0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

Yeah, I was wondering what was up.. last night I got dropped into like 7 consecutive wins. Just roflstompings. Today, I'm like 0/12 , it's like a total role reversal.

Edited by DivideByZer0, 15 January 2015 - 04:56 PM.

#4 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,548 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

Beating the Matchmaker:

Step 1.) Stop *&%$ing complaining about the matchmaker.

Step 2.) Winning.

#5 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 January 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

You are using LRM boat, and an Assault version at that. LRM boats cannot carry a team effectively and consistently, since they are highly dependent on the team quality.

If you want to carry better, lower your LRM launcher size/amount and get bigger back-up weapons.

Not an LRM Boat :>

#6 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

Got 168 screen shots just like that. More damage than 4-6 teammates combined. You must be stuck in the "carry harder" Elo bracket like I am.

View PostBurktross, on 15 January 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

You'll always have roflstomps, calm down and learn how to carry harder, scrub :^)

Problem is, in this Elo bracket it is getting to the point that 90% of the games are stomps. Either you are being stomped, or stomping. Not conducive to CBill earning either way.

#7 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

Every game is one sided and match maker is partially at work in that.

It is the rare game that comes out closely.

Edited by Xetelian, 15 January 2015 - 07:03 PM.

#8 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:04 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 15 January 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

Not an LRM Boat :>

Post your build then. Cause usually non-LRM build cannot cause over 700 damage without a single kill. Especially if you are using SRMs in those missile slots.

Edited by El Bandito, 15 January 2015 - 07:05 PM.

#9 tucsonspeed6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

View Post1453 R, on 15 January 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

Beating the Matchmaker:

Step 1.) Stop *&%$ing complaining about the matchmaker.

Step 2.) Winning.

Actually to beat matchmaker do the opposite of #2. Lose. Lose a lot on purpose. Do it while you're drinking and not caring about anything in the world. Then, the next time you play you get teamed up with competent people.

#10 Xmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:00 PM

View Posttucsonspeed6, on 15 January 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

Actually to beat matchmaker do the opposite of #2. Lose. Lose a lot on purpose. Do it while you're drinking and not caring about anything in the world. Then, the next time you play you get teamed up with competent people.

I think losing on purpose for any reason is dumb idea.

#11 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 January 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

Post your build then. Cause usually non-LRM build cannot cause over 700 damage without a single kill. Especially if you are using SRMs in those missile slots.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b9efb38f0e7e170

For those matches.

No one expects a brawler S which goes 83 KPH, if you need more firepower drop it to a 375XL

Just one of the builds I use.

#12 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

Blaming the MM is a cop out. There us neighing more the MM can do to provide parity and keep matches going at a reasonable frequency. There are too many variables to consider pre-game and too many variable in-game that can set its most even matches squealing into a steam roll.

Let's stop it with the MM lynch mobs, take sone responsibility, accept that sometimes matches go bad, it's not because you are Jesus Christ in a mech and everyone else on your team sucks.

It's old, it's tired, let it go, play, win, lose or go home, but this "woes is me" bs over the MM has to stop.

#13 YueFei

• 2,184 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:59 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 15 January 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

For those matches.

No one expects a brawler S which goes 83 KPH, if you need more firepower drop it to a 375XL

I put in 4 more heatsinks and another half ton of ammo in there for you like this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...98e2f20c45395ae

(I put in Endo and shoved heatsinks into the engine to make room for the Endo slots).

Maybe you want to put the half ton of SRM ammo elsewhere other than the CT, that's up to you.

#14 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:29 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 January 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

Umm I've broken 1k and didn't get a kill. Not in an LRM boat either. Breaking 700 damge is very easy. You should know this by now as a founder.

#15 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:32 PM

View PostDeath Drow, on 15 January 2015 - 09:29 PM, said:

Umm I've broken 1k and didn't get a kill. Not in an LRM boat either. Breaking 700 damge is very easy. You should know this by now as a founder.

Funny that, cause whenever I break 700 damage in a non-LRM boat mech, I get 1-2 kills with it. Maybe cause I am a Founder. ;)

#16 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 15 January 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

For those matches.

View PostYueFei, on 15 January 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

I put in 4 more heatsinks and another half ton of ammo in there for you like this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...98e2f20c45395ae

(I put in Endo and shoved heatsinks into the engine to make room for the Endo slots).

Maybe you want to put the half ton of SRM ammo elsewhere other than the CT, that's up to you.

I gave him two more lazors
BLR-1S

But, there's room for improvement either way.

View PostDeath Drow, on 15 January 2015 - 09:29 PM, said:

With only 1 assist and 1 kill; the other team did an excellent job of cycling out.

It's hard to say, but with SRMs, lots of waste damage. Looks nice, but not exceedingly effective at killing efficiently, unless you've got a coordinated group of them giving SRM bukakkes to everyone.

You don't really see that in PUGs.

Edited by Mcgral18, 15 January 2015 - 09:36 PM.

#17 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

the road of carrying is long and tiring but rewarding young grasshopper

#18 Rorvik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts
  • LocationYYZ

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:40 PM

View PostCocoaJin, on 15 January 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

Blaming the MM is a cop out. There us neighing more the MM can do to provide parity and keep matches going at a reasonable frequency. There are too many variables to consider pre-game and too many variable in-game that can set its most even matches squealing into a steam roll.

Let's stop it with the MM lynch mobs, take sone responsibility, accept that sometimes matches go bad, it's not because you are Jesus Christ in a mech and everyone else on your team sucks.

It's old, it's tired, let it go, play, win, lose or go home, but this "woes is me" bs over the MM has to stop.

What is the point of playing a game where the end results is pre-determined? Why bother playing any round of MWO if the MM stacks teams so horribly that it practically guarantees a win / loss?

#19 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:41 PM

All I can say is Steam=Scooby Snacks and steady flow of 300k+ matches. Cha ching!!

#20 YueFei

• 2,184 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:46 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 15 January 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

I gave him two more lazors
BLR-1S

But, there's room for improvement either way.

I like it.

With only 1 assist and 1 kill; the other team did an excellent job of cycling out.

It's hard to say, but with SRMs, lots of waste damage. Looks nice, but not exceedingly effective at killing efficiently, unless you've got a coordinated group of them giving SRM bukakkes to everyone.

You don't really see that in PUGs.

Sometimes a 12-3 victory is a lot closer and more harrowing than people realize. Sometimes most of the mechs on the winning team are just 1 or 2 hits away from dying, perhaps even some were near death after the first exchange of fire, but they managed to hide behind healthier teammates and pump in another half dozen shots that tipped the fight.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users