#1 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That was a mech I was sure they wouldn't add because it removes the only real huge weakness of the DWF in close range... Dire Wolf + Jumpjets.

I smell severe "quirks."

Thoughts?

#2 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:54 AM

It's going to be pretty nice.
More diversity for the Dire Wolf!

But you talk about weakness.
Will theses jumpjet allow him to reach 60km/h?
Heck no. He will still be slow like my grandma

Edited by KuroNyra, 17 January 2015 - 07:55 AM.

#3 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

2 ton hover jets that don't even increase turning apeed? Please. In the worst case people will put just one for the lag shield.

#4 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:05 AM

As if it wasn't bad enough people exploiting the JJ ragdoll effect to break hitboxes when piloting lights, now you'll see tons of DWF doing the same damn thing.

#5 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:16 AM

Or you know, now Dire Wolves can finnaly cross creek beds, and negotiate loose gravel with out getting stuck....

#6 Sougard

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:16 AM

Assault-class jump jets are currently bad, there are barely any Highlanders on the field.

DWF-S will have to take less weapons and max leg armor. It won’t be better than a regular DWF.

#7 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

I run my Heavy Metal like my Battlemaster, fast and no JJs. It's pointless wasting 10 tons to barely clear a snowball or pebble, and that tonnage can be put to better use.

#8 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:21 AM

All assaults should be allowed 2 jj. As of now snowballs somehow stop them dead. At least they would be able to hover over them.

#9 Golden Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 656 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:22 AM

View PostSougard, on 17 January 2015 - 08:16 AM, said:

Assault-class jump jets are currently bad, there are barely any Highlanders on the field.

DWF-S will have to take less weapons and max leg armor. It won’t be better than a regular DWF.

IS will complain until PGI makes a King Crab variant with jump jets and jump jet quirks that let it fly like a Firestarter.

They need their mechs to be better than clan mechs or else they can't compete. In their own words!

Edited by Golden Vulf, 17 January 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#10 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:24 AM

It's likely going to have a maximum of 3 JJs that weigh 2 Tons each.

Have you tried the Highlander recently with 3x JJs?

The only thing these JJs will do, is allow the Dire Wolf to not get caught on every pebble in existence - and they will need to spend 4 to 6 tons of their potential firepower for that.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 17 January 2015 - 08:25 AM.

#11 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:26 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 17 January 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That was a mech I was sure they wouldn't add because it removes the only real huge weakness of the DWF in close range... Dire Wolf + Jumpjets.

I smell severe "quirks."

Thoughts?
whats going to hapen is most the JJs will end up being fixed like they are on other mechs. And while it will have jump capabilities, these JJs will take up space and weight so that will take away from people maximizing that tonnage for more ballistics and ammo. So I see this particular Dire evolving into an assault Pop tart with duel Gauss or PPCs, over the 5 LBX dakka beast we have now.

#12 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:28 AM

A dire with Hover jets................................................................now we can jump over pebbles after they stop our mech.

Edited by SaltBeef, 17 January 2015 - 08:29 AM.

#13 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:32 AM

ok ok ok, so,...

1) thats 3 JJ or 6 tons of Fixed Tonnage and Space,
(the Dire can esally fill all its space with out maxing its Tonnage)
2) its a 100Ton mech, with the current HoverJets thats like 5m,
(Oh No's, the Dire will now re able to render Pebbles in effective)
3) JJ lag shield? will that make the Barn-side side of a Dire any smaller?
(a Blind man could hit a Dire with a sling shot riding a horse backwards)

personally i cant wait, all those people thinking Dire with 3JJ will be something OP and overly Amazing,
jumping into matches dreaming of pop-tarting flying Dire whales, then they boost using all their power,
lifting only 10-20m, then falling and getting leg damage, the Raging will be amazing,

#14 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,548 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

Of greater importance are five energy hardpoints, one of which is very nearly Marauder-level height directly above the cockpit. The jump jets are secondary, really - Whales will now have access to 2B/13E builds if they so desire them. On top of whatever else comes in the S's torso.

#15 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:47 AM

View Post1453 R, on 17 January 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

Of greater importance are five energy hardpoints, one of which is very nearly Marauder-level height directly above the cockpit. The jump jets are secondary, really - Whales will now have access to 2B/13E builds if they so desire them. On top of whatever else comes in the S's torso.

The King Crab can have 2 to 4 Energy hardpoints just like that and 13 energy builds make no sense at all - unless you have no choice and are a Nova boating Small Lasers.

#16 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:53 AM

If the Hoverlander is any indication, the DWF-S with 3S will lift approximately 3-4 meters off the ground with only 3 jump jets. I'd say let them have JJs and let them waste their valuable tonnage on JJs.

#17 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,548 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 17 January 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

The King Crab can have 2 to 4 Energy hardpoints just like that and 13 energy builds make no sense at all - unless you have no choice and are a Nova boating Small Lasers.

Not optimal, no. Heh...but just imagine the New Age Direstars, mang. Besides, it's not about maximum viability. The Dire Whale isn't a 'maximum viability' 'Mech as it is, it only wrecks solo-queue games because half the solos in the game are too dumb to avoid its front arcs. It's about what you can do to put a smile on your face,, and having five torso-mounted energy hardpoints adds new smile manufacturing capabilities. Well, for people who pilot Whales anyways. I maintain that those hardpoints are going to be the key thing with the S-Whale, not the bad Highlander jets.

#18 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

If you want a King Crab with energy only. You have the Clan SuperNova
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Supernova

#19 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:03 AM

Who knows, a Direwolf with 2x Gauss rifles and 12 ERMLs can fire 6ERMLs while charging, then another 6 after that for a total of 114 pinpoint damage in just about 3 seconds, Yes you'll be near max heat threshold, yes you'll spread most damage against lights, mediums and most heavies but that will be devastating against slow assaults like Atlases or Banshees with low rated engines.

#20 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:04 AM

Jump Jet Direwolf.
Oh this will be HILARIOUS if it's anything like the Craplander's JJs
Please please. What a hell of a way to nerf the DW. It's already bait for my Guns.
I suspect these JJs will be locked too like timber S.
Which will be -hilarious- with all that lost firepower for nearly zero gain in mobility.

Edited by Mavairo, 17 January 2015 - 09:05 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users