It's 3v1 in your favour, Enemy calls for Zellbrigen. Will you respect it?

208 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you respect zellbrigen if called? (604 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you respect zellbrigen if called?

1. Yes, it is an honourable and fair way to fight and to show my prowess. (303 votes [50.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.17%

2. I will decline and proceed to win conventionally. (237 votes [39.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.24%

3. Voted No, I will agree but then cheat to ensure victory. (64 votes [10.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 Hell Hound

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

You know, out of everyone here that is saying "Die Clanner scum and Screw that Zell crap." There are some of us that will Honor the Challenge. You have know idea what you are missing.

I for one would accept the Challenge and I have several times. We Clanners are able to read through the surat lies and can tell it is truly a honorable Challenge. I remember this one match after a honorable dual. I was the last mech standing for my team and the other side had 7 mechs still for they crushed my team. I knew I was going to be defeated and accepted my fate, for they were all standing on the ridge watching their team mate and I fight. When I turned towards them expecting the hail of fire, they with held the onslaught. They themselves honored the fight and the code for they were TRUE Trothkin. They let me Cap and win for my Team. My entire side was in awe in what happened. I gained the Respect of those players and I still remember their names.

That is why we fight and that is what Clans are about, We do not waste warriors or machines if we do not have to. The InnerSphere surats would not understand this. Only a true child of Kerensky would.

Edited by Hell Hound, 25 November 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#202 B4silisk

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

Well, knowing myself i´d say I´ll duel anything but a damn streakapult in my raven, even if my armor is gone and i am out of missiles. So: "Batchall accepted."

#203 Evil Deaz

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 35 posts
  • LocationPR

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

I would accept, i've had alot of fun with duels, and its always a great way to know how you compare to the other pilot and see if its true skill that you have or just dumb luck

#204 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

I would love 3 fools to make that mistake.

#205 Adrian Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

The Steel Brothers would relish the opportunity to show our prowess in 1v1 combat. Our enemies' piloting skills are generally so wanting in comparison to our own, we'd even encourage 2v1's on each of us given perfect conditions.

View PostSteelo, on 28 June 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

Given even 1 at a time you are95% sure to win, then yes why not, and hey if he pulls off the 5% chance of winning, then i would begrudge him not the victory

95%? Baaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha. You have no understanding of what a skilled pilot can do to riff-raff like yourself.

#206 Dreadp1r4te

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostXandre Blackheart, on 28 June 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

Insist that we drink the celebratory pre-duel toast before. You know, the one with the poisoned wine?

"They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder."

I like this guy...

(take note of my name ;D)

#207 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

If it was some sort of situation where it started that way because of unforseen circumstances (say, it was supposed to be 2 on 3 but his team mate DCed), I might do that. It would depend on my mood though, and my mood is usually very bad when dealing with clanners.

If this is the makeup after a battle has taken place and the clanners have simply lost enough mechs for this to be the makeup, then as far as I'm concerned, the terms of this fight were dictated when our mechs first met. I'm not going to alter them, mid-fight, in the clanner's favor, just because his team couldn't cut it. If he was lucky we might give him the option to power down and let us cap, but that comes back to that whole "mood" thing.

If this was the actual war rather than a computer game, I'd lambast the invader with all three of us without dignifying such a request with a verbal response.

#208 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

zell is never declared, it's assumed to be. One can declare zell at the start of a match but once zell has been broken (declared or not) zell is broken and all will be targeted.

#209 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

While true, Kibble, depending on how strict you wish to adhere to honorable combat methodology, one might be open to a called Trial of Possession over a given battlefield, with single mech combat determining the outcome.

This would be highly unusual in the midst of a given battle, however, and, if called by an obviously losing side, can be viewed as an almost cowardly last ditch attempt to defy the odds. Or, perhaps, an on the spot trial of grievance with an enemy mechwarrior.

All the same, unusual and, if the caller of the trial acted dishonorably prior to the request, quite easily disregarded as nothing more but the words of dezgra.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users