So The New Cw Changes..

178 replies to this topic

#161 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:27 PM

Gotta say, CW kinda sucks at this point. ITs basically just a big zergy rush fest where the attackers cant reaally lose if all they do is hold W and run forward.......currently, every planet that is being attacked is being won by a large margin.......some as high as 90%....

#162 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 24 January 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

Gotta say, CW kinda sucks at this point. ITs basically just a big zergy rush fest where the attackers cant reaally lose if all they do is hold W and run forward.......currently, every planet that is being attacked is being won by a large margin.......some as high as 90%....

Yet last night, on Clan Wolf planets, there were plenty of battles that lasted till all 48 defending mechs were dead till the objectives were taken. Those were not zergs...though they did result in the same large margin of victory.

#163 Marklee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 128 posts
  • Locationdfw TX

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

Raising the amount of money gained in CW should bring in more Puggers. Also, the soon to be added voip along with global chat should help them organize semi cohesive teams.

imho, the primary issue is once they are in game they rarely type to each other to organize. I have been in a few drops where i "led" and gave orders and we did quite well. They must make a conscious decision to lead their group and guide the team. There is nothing that can be done to help if no one steps up to this leader role.

#164 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostMarklee, on 24 January 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

Raising the amount of money gained in CW should bring in more Puggers. Also, the soon to be added voip along with global chat should help them organize semi cohesive teams.

imho, the primary issue is once they are in game they rarely type to each other to organize. I have been in a few drops where i "led" and gave orders and we did quite well. They must make a conscious decision to lead their group and guide the team. There is nothing that can be done to help if no one steps up to this leader role.

I think the issue with leading PUG's is that many folks don't pay attention, or read, or necessarily understand the chat. Many folks have stepped up to lead PUG's only to slink away and cry in a corner because the experience goes south. While I also have led a few PUG drops to success, the number of times it didn't work far outweigh the amount of effort.

If we can lower the wait time and raise the Cbill bonuses I think PUG's will play. Hopefully the faction chat and the in-game voip will help enough folks that combined they will feel more up to the task of facing units.

#165 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:55 PM

View PostMarklee, on 24 January 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

imho, the primary issue is once they are in game they rarely type to each other to organize. I have been in a few drops where i "led" and gave orders and we did quite well. They must make a conscious decision to lead their group and guide the team. There is nothing that can be done to help if no one steps up to this leader role.e
Leaders should be rewarded and players should grind to become leaders. We have A LP system in place to at least show people who has been around the longest. Another point system for winning lance and team commanders would push more people into this roll.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 24 January 2015 - 03:56 PM.

#166 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:05 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 24 January 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

It's the lack of strong competition. When we switch to IS the games against Clans are rolls where the Clan team just falls apart. And when I play solo on IS the IS teams leave something to be desired compared to the average clan pug team.

Edited by Krivvan, 24 January 2015 - 09:06 PM.

#167 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:13 PM

Liao side been happy with the changes so, far.

#168 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:09 PM

Live beta....... Thats what it is. No point making more of it until it leaves beta. Alot of changes and additions on they way likely since again, it is a live beta.

#169 xe N on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:14 AM

View PostxMEPHISTOx, on 23 January 2015 - 07:27 PM, said:

a lot of people have mentioned that fps games need pugs in cw's. I disagree, wot was a cw's that had no pugs allowed and it turned out imo to be one the most enjoyable/profitable cw's of any fps game ive played in the past as well as the present. so no, you do not need pugs to operate a successful cw's.

WoT has in general a much higher population then MWO and has a much more popular game setting. In euro time zone, even before cease fire, there are usually a max of around 100 to 150 people playing CW. I guess 1/3 of them are even PUGgers.

Don't know how it works for NAs, but in Europe CW is quite dead.

There is not much profit in making an entire complex game mode for 150 people.

Edited by xe N on, 25 January 2015 - 02:17 AM.

#170 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:08 AM

Thats why Solaris b4 CW would have been more popular - a controlled setting that does not require shiftwork and can have a diversity of popular gamemodes and ranked matches that satisfy Casuals and Elite as well.
Of course PGI never promised Solaris but CW - so they were in a decision trap.

Almost daily i watch a MWO Twitchstream (at least have it running backround) and imho the CW Streams are the least entertaining - nevertheless it was quite funny when a Hotshot wanted to show the Audience how to Headshot and was unable to do it while i watched - Carry Harder man ;) - PUG Streams are the most entertaining with dfferent gamemodes and many different Mechs and many differet Players each match.

Edited by Thorqemada, 25 January 2015 - 07:16 AM.

#171 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 25 January 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

Thats why Solaris b4 CW would have been more popular ...

Many of us did not come here for eSports ... and that was not what was sold to us.

#172 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:36 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 25 January 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

Thats why Solaris b4 CW would have been more popular - a controlled setting that does not require shiftwork and can have a diversity of popular gamemodes and ranked matches that satisfy Casuals and Elite as well.
Of course PGI never promised Solaris but CW - so they were in a decision trap.

Almost daily i watch a MWO Twitchstream (at least have it running backround) and imho the CW Streams are the least entertaining - nevertheless it was quite funny when a Hotshot wanted to show the Audience how to Headshot and was unable to do it while i watched - Carry Harder man ;) - PUG Streams are the most entertaining with dfferent gamemodes and many different Mechs and many differet Players each match.
No Elo? No Match Maker? A tiered game que... I can still hear the whining of unfairness. Can't you?

#173 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:14 AM

View PostZenFool, on 22 January 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

Very true, but the community is one of the tools PGI uses to initiate changes. Between their data and the forum posts they'll get a good idea as to what to do. Raw data is good, but we provide the context to the numbers.

And as is the case in many many a game, the Community is its own worst enemy. The "try-hards" tell the "Pug thrash" to piss off out of CW, it is their domain, while the "Pug trash" tell the "try-hards" to GTHO of their beloved Solo Playground, and after a while, the 2 groups as singles cannot sustain the game financially and it withers and dies on the vine.

MWO faces a similar future if the Forums are to be believed unless something drastic is done to rectify the issue. Whether either group likes it or not, both Groups need each other for sustainability. Otherwise "our" games (MWO) demise is sure to follow.

#174 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:22 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 22 January 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

You make less money winning an attack than you do losing a defense.

.....and you can form faction groups, its no longer restricted to your unit, you don't even have to sync drop.

That is an ill informed mindset though. Sure an Attack the zergs past everything to just kill Omega nets SFA financially.

What's wrong? Your Team on the Attack don't think they are good enough to kill off the Defenders and then the Generator? You have to zerg to win? There is loads of C-Bills to be made killing off 48 enemy Mechs. Which side does the killing of 48 matters not. LOL ;)

#175 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostGalenit, on 23 January 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

There is one thing they listen and cater: Money
If you think there is any other reason, you are very young or dumb.

In the end, they get more money with a solo queue then premades stomping solos.
Some people left after that? No problem, the income with a solo queue still gives more money.
If not, they would have changed something.

Now lets see what money says about cw ...

Then they wasted their Dev work on the Map and CW in general as the SOLO's give SFA about that, or if they do, want to get involved without the hassle of maybe losing 2 games in a row, or get Stomped as they call it.

PGI caved once to the Solo's, the Teams left. If they thought the Teams were not important, then why do CW at all. It is a defacto "Team" environment by default.

How about this. If any Team can muster a minimum of 4 Lances of Mechs each, they can sign up for CW. If you don't own 48 Mechs, you don't get an invite. That way, the Solos can play non-CW in the Public queue, without any interference from the BIG BAD Teams, and the "Teams" can play for the Sphere without interference from the Public side.

If the Pubs want true separation of state, then allow them just that. Each player who is really interested in helping a IS/Clan faction in their efforts in the Sphere, bring the required Gear. Otherwise you are just a determent with your half arsed stable and weak arsed attitude.

;) (seeing as this whole CW thing is all about extremes apparently)

#176 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 26 January 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

Then they wasted their Dev work on the Map and CW in general as the SOLO's give SFA about that, or if they do, want to get involved without the hassle of maybe losing 2 games in a row, or get Stomped as they call it.

PGI caved once to the Solo's, the Teams left. If they thought the Teams were not important, then why do CW at all. It is a defacto "Team" environment by default.

How about this. If any Team can muster a minimum of 4 Lances of Mechs each, they can sign up for CW. If you don't own 48 Mechs, you don't get an invite. That way, the Solos can play non-CW in the Public queue, without any interference from the BIG BAD Teams, and the "Teams" can play for the Sphere without interference from the Public side.

If the Pubs want true separation of state, then allow them just that. Each player who is really interested in helping a IS/Clan faction in their efforts in the Sphere, bring the required Gear. Otherwise you are just a determent with your half arsed stable and weak arsed attitude.

;) (seeing as this whole CW thing is all about extremes apparently)

Again, you limit an already limited group of people who are actually playing it. They would be better off just removing CW at that point and working on other game modes that don't need a spiffy map.

#177 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:57 PM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 26 January 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

That is an ill informed mindset though. Sure an Attack the zergs past everything to just kill Omega nets SFA financially.

What's wrong? Your Team on the Attack don't think they are good enough to kill off the Defenders and then the Generator? You have to zerg to win? There is loads of C-Bills to be made killing off 48 enemy Mechs. Which side does the killing of 48 matters not. LOL ;)

If you are trying to take a planet you have to get in and get out.

Sure, we'll farm it out if its no where near ceasefire, but if it is you have to charge it and GTFO to get the attack percentage up. Since the objectives don't count anything for shooting 11,000 turrets and the other objectives, my point stands.

#178 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

Iam no native speaker.
What want you to say with that?

Each player needs 48 mechs to play cw?
Or small team members need more mechs then large group players?

View PostBigbacon, on 26 January 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

Again, you limit an already limited group of people who are actually playing it. They would be better off just removing CW at that point and working on other game modes that don't need a spiffy map.

Dont throw good money after bad money ....
Time will tell if it was good or bad money they used for cw.

But after 2 years of broken promises and broken deadlines and then seeing this result,
cw is more then dissapointing.
I dont know if it will pay out, and if it can pay out without involving all players.

Edited by Galenit, 26 January 2015 - 04:38 PM.

#179 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:42 AM

View PostGalenit, on 26 January 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

But after 2 years of broken promises and broken deadlines and then seeing this result,
cw is more then dissapointing.
I dont know if it will pay out, and if it can pay out without involving all players.
After 2 years of the Nerf cycle we players continue to ride, and the fact that all we players have demanded the loudest was RRRAWR blood bath fighting. PGI really cannot give US what we want cause there are to many different wants. I want a MechWarrior that allows me to build a Useful mech that is Heat Neutral.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users