• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:16 AM

View PostTastian, on 21 January 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

You don't think it would be easy for 3 groups of 4 to sync drop in CW? Cause it would. Form 3 groups of 4. All 3 attack the same planet.

It is in fact VERY EASY....there is no MM so you can Synch Drop with no problems.

Its not looking for players to even out ELO and such...just hit the button at the same time and boom your are in.

We do this VERY OFTEN with PUG and LONE JAGUARS all the time and works with about a 90% success rate.

So NO, 4x4 groups does not do anything to help you cause. WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYONE WANT TO TAKE THE TEAM ASPECT OUT OF A TEAM GAME?

Please go play COD if you want to be rambo....ffs.

#82 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:16 AM

View PostMystere, on 21 January 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

What's wrong with you? Something heard by someone who told someone who whispered to someone's ear is as good as fact in these forums. Forum noob.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My bad. I was misinformed... ;)

#83 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 22 January 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

That is very bad form for a MWO Founder Cathy. If you actually believe the BS written about such things on here without first verifying it yourself, then booo on you. Enjoy your PUG grinding. Surely those who play and will help improve CW won't miss you. ;)

CW is bad for grinding mechs and unless you get 4 or more kills and do 2000 dmg you wont get a good cash payout either....

so what is so WRONG or BAD FORM about this statement? The truth is not always pleasant to hear but it is still often what you NEED to hear. CW IS NOT FOR GRINDING MECHS AND EARNING CASH, its for conquest of the IS. So if you are just casual dropping for the night i suggest (as well as Russ) you stick to PUBLIC GROUPS AND DROPS.

I dont see how that is so bad.....every game has modes that are for certain players and then maybe not for others. Are you gonna bag on every game ever made that supported PvE and PvP at the same time? So because they both dont cater to the same crowd this is bad form and a terrible idea?

#84 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 21 January 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Pugs do not need to be, nor will they ever be on par with organized, comms using 12s. Teamwork is OP.

What PUGs and smaller units need is a ROLE commensurate with what they bring to the table, that can impact CW.

Well PGI could sprinkle little gas cans all over the Base space and the PUG could run around and gather them up and return them to the OMEGA Generator for C-Bills. If Omega runs out of gas, the Match ends and the PUGS get a deduction of C-Bills commensurate with how many little gas cans have not been collected.

That would be a commensurate ROLE if you believe what you read around here, and many believe it ALL. lol :)

#85 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:22 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 22 January 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

Well PGI could sprinkle little gas cans all over the Base space and the PUG could run around and gather them up and return them to the OMEGA Generator for C-Bills. If Omega runs out of gas, the Match ends and the PUGS get a deduction of C-Bills commensurate with how many little gas cans have not been collected.

That would be a commensurate ROLE if you believe what you read around here, and many believe it ALL. lol :)

So basically make the match 11v12 from the start.....yea thats a great idea!

So you saying since they are no good (PUGS) just have them dig this hole and then fill it back in?! :huh:

Way to say they are worthless WITHOUT having to say anything....If you are a PUG on my team i ask that you just do as we do if you are not going to join comms with us. We offer out TS to each and every pug we drop with EVERY time.

#86 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

Aww yes, the argument that if a pug dares to enter CW solo then they deserve what they get. Except, there is LITERALLY A FLASHING BUTTON TELLING THEM TO DO IT!!!!! My unit ignores these flashing buttons and generally goes after preplanned targets. This button is ONLY for pugs. The argument by so many is that the solo players should know better, but please stay and get stomped or we won't have enough people!

You can't have it both ways. You can't expect people to lose over and over again and still want to play. You can't expect all of them to join a group. Surely both sides of this argument recognize we need solo players to participate to make this work right?

#87 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 22 January 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Lol, makes CW seem evne more pointless if its not a place to make $$$. Cuz besides the grind to improve your bank account, why does someone play MWO? I suppose if its to just drive stompy robots, then I could see it.

But CW should totally have objective bonus payouts.....a flat rate of 75K is hardly worth it...or 50K.....

But a nice fat check for 300K for killing hte objectives or holding them, plus the contract, plus your performance pay.....mmhmm. And besides, if the idea is to attract more players to CW, dontcha think increasing the payouts would be a good idea? Then increase the payouts in publand to still persuade people to keep going there if they dont want hard mode.

So you just want more Payout all round then? OK fair enough. Russ mentioned that CW would not be the ideal place for PUG's to play for cash. It is a tougher environment and if one uses Consumables, a actual lose can be had easily, despite 4 kicks at the can so to speak.

Equity between the 2 is the only solution, with perhaps CW being more expensive in the over-all, I don't think I have ever dropped 4 consumables in 4 in a row PUG matches, but drop 4 every GD time in CW. Funny how there can even be different version for the "In it to win it" rule of play right. :)

Money will not draw PUG players to CW under the current "In it to win" requirements. A "Team Effort" is required and sadly for many a PUG group, real Teams are simply OP and for some reason most/many 12 man PUG Teams seem to lack that "effort". Seems you see a lot of "We would have won, IF" in PUG groups that you don't get when that OP 12 man Team loses. Curious...

I have won CW Matches while in a PUG but not with the regularity as seen in regular MWO. One has to wonder why that is, oh right. It is those GD Evil 12 man OP Teams on Comm's, who can seem to concentrate their GD fire. It's not fair right! :)

Bottom Line, if the PUGS want to strip CW of its only Team queue space, they need to play and play a lot. Hiding behind the 12 man OP Team mantra and not playing will not solve that issue. Prove to PGI that the PUG's deserve a Solo only queue by NUMBERS, then maybe PGI will have a hard look.

Edited by Almond Brown, 22 January 2015 - 11:39 AM.

#88 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 22 January 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

Stuff...

Bottom Line, if the PUGS want to strip CW of its only Team queue space, they need to play and play a lot. Hiding behind the 12 man OP Team mantra and not playing will not solve that issue. Prove to PGI that the PUG's deserve a Solo only queue by NUMBERS, then maybe PGI will have a hard look.

Once again....where do you think all of these imaginary players will come from? There is not enough players in CW to have separate queues. No matter how many times people type it here. There is already at least 20 queues in CW and you want to double it and think it will somehow make matches easier to come by?

Please think about that...if its hard to find something when looking in 20 locations why do you think having 40 locations makes the search easier?

#89 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 22 January 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

CW is bad for grinding mechs and unless you get 4 or more kills and do 2000 dmg you wont get a good cash payout either....

so what is so WRONG or BAD FORM about this statement? The truth is not always pleasant to hear but it is still often what you NEED to hear. CW IS NOT FOR GRINDING MECHS AND EARNING CASH, its for conquest of the IS. So if you are just casual dropping for the night i suggest (as well as Russ) you stick to PUBLIC GROUPS AND DROPS.

I dont see how that is so bad.....every game has modes that are for certain players and then maybe not for others. Are you gonna bag on every game ever made that supported PvE and PvP at the same time? So because they both dont cater to the same crowd this is bad form and a terrible idea?

Read the posts dude ffs. What was cited by Cathy was utter BS written by a totally uninformed poster, had SFA to do with grinding Mechs and she should know better.

BTW. If you are "grinding" your Mechs in CW, I recommend you do not tell your Teammates beforehand...

#90 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 22 January 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

Read the posts dude ffs. What was cited by Cathy was utter BS written by a totally uninformed poster, had SFA to do with grinding Mechs and she should know better.

BTW. If you are "grinding" your Mechs in CW, I recommend you do not tell your Teammates beforehand...

I think YOU need to REREAD the first line on my post....

If you are doing that to your teammates your not really a teammate are you?...just a lair.

...ffs

Edited by DarthRevis, 22 January 2015 - 11:56 AM.

#91 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 22 January 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

That is very bad form for a MWO Founder Cathy. If you actually believe the BS written about such things on here without first verifying it yourself, then booo on you. ;)

Yes as a Founder one should know that whatever PGI says it's merely their position at the time. :ph34r:

#92 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 22 January 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

So basically make the match 11v12 from the start.....yea thats a great idea!

So you saying since they are no good (PUGS) just have them dig this hole and then fill it back in?! :huh:

Way to say they are worthless WITHOUT having to say anything....If you are a PUG on my team i ask that you just do as we do if you are not going to join comms with us. We offer out TS to each and every pug we drop with EVERY time.

You misread Darth. According to many, the PUG is useless, and cannot be re-conditioned for CW. So if there is to be a meaningful ROLE for them, collecting gas cans would be commensurate level work.

P.S. No no no. 1 gas can at a time and OMEGA drinks 12 gas cans per minute. Best send out 6 PUGs to do gas can collection duty to assure they don't cost the non-PUG's the Match. :)

#93 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 22 January 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

Yes as a Founder one should know that whatever PGI says it's merely their position at the time. :ph34r:

I wasnt basing it off some words Russ said (because that doesnt have any weight, people say **** all the time) on a video while anwersing questions.

I'm basing it off my experience and a lot of others....

CW AINT NO GOOD FOR PUGS at this point...doesn't mean i WANT it like that. I'd love to be able to solo or pug drop myself into CW once and a while but it doesn't pay in Cbills or EXP so whats the point?

You are putting words in my mouth when all i was doing was agreeing that PUGS dont belong here right now....just agreeing with them. But 2 queues doesn't help anyone, it has to be something more lucrative.

View PostAlmond Brown, on 22 January 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

You misread Darth. According to many, the PUG is useless, and cannot be re-conditioned for CW. So if there is to be a meaningful ROLE for them, collecting gas cans would be commensurate level work.

P.S. No no no. 1 gas can at a time and OMEGA drinks 12 gas cans per minute. Best send out 6 PUGs to do gas can collection duty to assure they don't cost the non-PUG's the Match. :)

and who has said they want that? I know Lukoi did not say that...you are putting words in his mouth.

#94 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostZenFool, on 22 January 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Aww yes, the argument that if a pug dares to enter CW solo then they deserve what they get. Except, there is LITERALLY A FLASHING BUTTON TELLING THEM TO DO IT!!!!! My unit ignores these flashing buttons and generally goes after preplanned targets. This button is ONLY for pugs. The argument by so many is that the solo players should know better, but please stay and get stomped or we won't have enough people!

You can't have it both ways. You can't expect people to lose over and over again and still want to play. You can't expect all of them to join a group. Surely both sides of this argument recognize we need solo players to participate to make this work right?

The regular queue used to sound like that too. Teams are OP, Solo's can't compete, whawhawha. Well guess what, there is a SOLO only queue now for those who either Don't desire, Don't care, or just Can't be arsed to make the effort to participate in any Group format, even if be a 2x2 ffs.

Well there is a Button for them as well. It doesn't FLASH, never did, but the "Play Now" button has been specifically NERFED for that exact crowd. Now they want to NERF the flashy Button because it blinds them when they play and they die to much under it brightness. :(

Edited by Almond Brown, 22 January 2015 - 12:25 PM.

#95 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:09 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 22 January 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

You are putting words in my mouth

I'm not putting any words in your mouth, I'm simply stating that Founders should know that PGI says a lot of things that mean nothing.

#96 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 22 January 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

Once again....where do you think all of these imaginary players will come from? There is not enough players in CW to have separate queues. No matter how many times people type it here. There is already at least 20 queues in CW and you want to double it and think it will somehow make matches easier to come by?

Please think about that...if its hard to find something when looking in 20 locations why do you think having 40 locations makes the search easier?

Sorry. PUG's want the 12 man team to somehow play fair when 12 singles get together to fight them? How in the name of Hades do you propose that be done without separation? Regular MWO tried it 5 times. First, 12 man's were banned, then 8 man's, then 4 man's (they might sync drop) even the lowly 2 man's ( might get s 2x2 sync drop - surely can't have that) was seen as a threat and banned ffs.

What is your solution for the PUGS in CW to make it all fairzy and cozy in CW if not separate queues? It was the ONLY solution in the end in that case. Why would this time be different.

Edited by Almond Brown, 22 January 2015 - 12:13 PM.

#97 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 22 January 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

The regular queue used to sound like that too. Teams are OP, Solo's can't compete, whawhawha. Well guess what, there is a SOLO only queue now for those who either Don't desire, Don't care, or just Can't be arsed to make the effort to participate in any Group format, even if be a 2x2 ffs.

Well there is a Button for them as well. It doesn't FLASH, never did, but the "Play Now" button has been specifically NERFED for that exact crowd. Now they want to NERF the flashy Button becasue it blinds them when they play and they die to much under it brightness. :(

So whats your solution, or are you another one that says they should stay away? I'm not on here to mindlessly rant or talk about "nerfing" things. I want to have an actual discussion and help PGI find solutions. We. All. Want. Good. Games.

#98 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:18 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 22 January 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

I think YOU need to REREAD the first line on my post....

If you are doing that to your teammates your not really a teammate are you?...just a lair.

...ffs

Re-read it. 4 kills? Really? In CW, with 4 Mechs dropped.

If you are doing that to your teammates, your not really a teammate are you?...just a newb. ;)

wink wink ffs

View PostRG Notch, on 22 January 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

But at least have the decency to state what was really said. It is a minor inconvenience to be properly self informed at best and a little bitty courtesy at worst.

Edited by Almond Brown, 22 January 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#99 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 22 January 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

So you just want more Payout all round then? OK fair enough. Russ mentioned that CW would not be the ideal place for PUG's to play for cash. It is a tougher environment and if one uses Consumables, a actual lose can be had easily, despite 4 kicks at the can so to speak.

Equity between the 2 is the only solution, with perhaps CW being more expensive in the over-all, I don't think I have ever dropped 4 consumables in 4 in a row PUG matches, but drop 4 every GD time in CW. Funny how there can even be different version for the "In it to win it" rule of play right. :)

Money will not draw PUG players to CW under the current "In it to win" requirements. A "Team Effort" is required and sadly for many a PUG group, real Teams are simply OP and for some reason most/many 12 man PUG Teams seem to lack that "effort". Seems you see a lot of "We would have won, IF" in PUG groups that you don't get when that OP 12 man Team loses. Curious...

I have won CW Matches while in a PUG but not with the regularity as seen in regular MWO. One has to wonder why that is, oh right. It is those GD Evil 12 man OP Teams on Comm's, who can seem to concentrate their GD fire. It's not fair right! :)

Say what you do
Do what you say
Prove it...
Where have I heard that before...?

#100 Ragnar Bashmek

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 60 posts
  • LocationChandler, TX

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:21 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 22 January 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

How can I miss a point in a pointless discussion? And as I allready noted, I play solo.

No, it boils down to "If you want to play a mode as a solo player that is designed for team warfare, you should expect to be crushed". You can blame the "self-serving compteams" all you want, but they didn't design that game mode. The devs did and they did it with purpose.

I don't know how you manage to miss the point but you certainly seem to have a knack for it.

Let me explain it to you this way. If CW doesn't become an enjoyable mode for Pugs and small Units it is dead meat. Pugs and small Unit players pay the bills for MWO.

I agree that it was designed this way on purpose, and maybe it was rolled out in this half-baked format just to meet a deadline. But if it doesn't become more than a playground for 12 man comps PGI will have wasted a whole lot of coder cycles on something that only discourages new players, runs existing players away from the game, and trashes their revenue stream.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users