What Should The Max Engine Size/speed For The Urbie Be?

BattleMechs Balance Gameplay

84 replies to this topic

#21 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:03 PM

View PostFupDup, on 21 January 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

The outcome is the same on your end, the difference is that you're making every pilot of the mech also share the same outcome instead of letting them "choose their destiny" so to say.

Sort of like how people who want to feel like the IS is being crushed by the Clans like lore, can simply choose to use really bad loadouts that can't possibly stand up to them. So they get to have their way, while the rest of the game at least somewhat attempts to balance them. ^_^

100 engine Urbie works for me and that is where I will be willing to drop actual money on. I am sure others will vote with their wallets their own preferences.

If I cannot have an actual joke mech in MWO, then **** it. No money from me.

#22 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:06 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 21 January 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

100 engine Urbie works for me and that is where I will be willing to drop actual money on. I am sure others will vote with their wallets their own preferences.

If I cannot have an actual joke mech in MWO, then **** it. No money from me.

You can build one yourself anytime you want to.

You don't need to make a mech useless for everyone just because you want it to be useless for your own purposes. You have the choice to run it the way you want to run it. Drop into competitive player versus player combat with the bone-dry unmodified stock loadout, and your wish will be granted. ;)

Edited by FupDup, 21 January 2015 - 11:07 PM.

#23 fleshwoundNPG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGreencastle, Indiana USA

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

180 Engine
97.2 KPH

Basically, an IS Kitfox/Adder

(Although I would not mind 150+ KPH flying trashcans being the Meta)

#24 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:13 PM

View PostFupDup, on 21 January 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

You can build one yourself anytime you want to.

You don't need to make a mech useless for everyone just because you want it to be useless for your own purposes. You have the choice to run it the way you want to run it. Drop into competitive player versus player combat with the bone-dry unmodified stock loadout, and your wish will be granted. ;)

After all my posts, you still don't get it. No matter.

#25 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:19 PM

Urbie should be no faster then any Clan light......

You clowns should be happy enough you even get the urbie all derped up.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 21 January 2015 - 11:19 PM.

#26 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:22 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 21 January 2015 - 11:13 PM, said:

And neither do you. -_-

On a side note, if you ask for certain mechs to intentionally be made useless, you forfeit your privilege of asking for any mech in the game to be improved. The reason for that is basically because you're picking favorites, "Mech A shouldn't be viable in any form, but please oh please improve my precious Mech B!" That would be a double standard, which is a no-no. As such, I think we need to revoke Catapult A1 quirks and increase their arm model size a bit more, because challenge. You get to brag more that way.

For the same reason, asking for any mech to be reduced in effectiveness is also contradictory if you have that mindset. After all, in Tabletop/Battlemech, at least half of the mechs were meant to be obsolete in some form or another, whether obsoleted to future superior variants or entirely new chassis. Or entirely new factions... Most of them only existed for "flavor," because having Hellstars and Devastators be the only mechs in the universe would get repetitive after a while...

#27 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:33 PM

View PostHARDKOR, on 21 January 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

I'm not buying it if it goes more than 100 kph.

waaah?

And probably hundreds more won't buy it if it doesn't. Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the obstinate.

#28 Ecrof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 21 January 2015 - 11:13 PM, said:

You wants to fap fap fap to it while it rots in your mech bay?

#29 Duke Nedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:39 PM

125-180 or it's not an Urbie. Do we want another Light mech or do we want the Urbie?

Edited by Duke Nedo, 21 January 2015 - 11:40 PM.

#30 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:40 PM

shaped like a bullet so speed of a bullet!!!

my logic is flawless!!!

#31 Ecrof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:44 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 January 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

waaah?

And probably hundreds more won't buy it if it doesn't. Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the obstinate.

Posted Image

#32 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:12 AM

View PostFupDup, on 21 January 2015 - 11:22 PM, said:

And neither do you. -_-

On a side note, if you ask for certain mechs to intentionally be made useless, you forfeit your privilege of asking for any mech in the game to be improved. The reason for that is basically because you're picking favorites, "Mech A shouldn't be viable in any form, but please oh please improve my precious Mech B!" That would be a double standard, which is a no-no. As such, I think we need to revoke Catapult A1 quirks and increase their arm model size a bit more, because challenge. You get to brag more that way.

Franky, I am surprised about your reasoning. I want slower Urbie and smaller A1 ear for different reasons altogether.
Urban mech engine request was made because it is such a slooow thing in canon. It is for sheer challenge value.
Catapult ear shrinking request is endorsed by me because again in canon there were no VCRs attached.

You see the logic in those?

View PostEcrof, on 21 January 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

You wants to fap fap fap to it while it rots in your mech bay?

With 100 max engine I will actually pilot the Urbie and have maximum fun with it, even more than my Ember. Definitely video material. 150-250 engine makes the Urbie just another Light--something I do not care for much.

Edited by El Bandito, 22 January 2015 - 12:20 AM.

#33 Ecrof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:19 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 January 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:

Franky, I am surprised about your reasoning. I want slower Urbie and smaller A1 ear for different reason.
Urban mech engine request was made because it was such a slow thing in canon. It is what's so challenging about it.
Catapult ear shrinking request is made because I don't want no VCRs attached to them.

But I like the VCRs I think they make it more fun and challenging to play. They also give more room for rocket tubes.

#34 zeves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:23 AM

it should be able to use 360 xl so i can finally get use of mine :D

#35 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:25 AM

View PostEcrof, on 22 January 2015 - 12:19 AM, said:

But I like the VCRs I think they make it more fun and challenging to play. They also give more room for rocket tubes.

Usually I do not reply to trolls but I will make an exception. The VCRs in Catapult ears do not add challenge. It is just plain ugly and pathetic. Like your previous post.

Edited by El Bandito, 22 January 2015 - 12:25 AM.

#36 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:26 AM

It should have such a high cap they have to create a new engine just so it has a maximum!

#37 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:31 AM

At the start of each game, the Urbanmech should take off into the air like a space shuttle and never land again.

#38 Ecrof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:36 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 January 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

Usually I do not reply to trolls but I will make an exception. The VCRs in Catapult ears do not add challenge. It is just plain ugly and pathetic. Like your previous post.

yea I'm just in the mood to troll.;) It runs in my family its a way to argue without getting stressed and you can still make your point.

#39 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:41 AM

Wouldn't fast moving Urbie, you know, break immersion?

Edited by kapusta11, 22 January 2015 - 12:55 AM.

#40 YueFei

• 2,184 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:49 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 January 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:

Franky, I am surprised about your reasoning. I want slower Urbie and smaller A1 ear for different reasons altogether.
Urban mech engine request was made because it is such a slooow thing in canon. It is for sheer challenge value.
Catapult ear shrinking request is endorsed by me because again in canon there were no VCRs attached.

With 100 max engine I will actually pilot the Urbie and have maximum fun with it, even more than my Ember. Definitely video material. 150-250 engine makes the Urbie just another Light--something I do not care for much.

If you're so obsessed with lore and canon, you must've nearly had an aneurism because we can customize our mechs out the wazoo.

On the other hand, doesn't it make sense that in-game content is made viable so that we see it used more often?

Why do you care if others are granted more freedom to customize their Urbanmechs?

Does my 98kph Hunchback make you mad, bro? Should I put the STD200 back in there just for you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users