Ok, So Very Happy About The Urbie, But Have To Admit, I Think The "feel" Of The Official Art Is A Bit Off.

182 replies to this topic

#181 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:32 AM

indeed.
I also only took 5 seconds on it while doing something else. xD

Still better than the original! ;)

#182 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:37 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 26 January 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

You have 4 images that show Mechs who's heads are twisted(out of how many hundreds of Mechs now?), the 4th shows an Atlas twisting it's head, which it can't actually do, even the original TRO artwork shows the Atlas head solidly connected to the torso without any 'neck' to pivot upon. And those are simply artistic works, there's literally no reason the head of any Mech would twist since you don't actually look out of the cockpit windows when the Mech is powered up. Keep in mind, something we do not get in MWO(nor any previous MW video game) is the 360 view compressed into 160 that is what all Mech pilots actually use to see the world around them. I don't blame them for not doing it, most of the MWO players wouldn't be able to play if they did.

Most Mechs are humanoid in appearance, but that's ALL it is, appearance. They are not human bodies nor do they act like them. Necks are a weak point, and a really bad place to purposely build a weakness since ALL of the controls for the entire Mech will be running through that weak point. Artist drew the Mechs with heads turned because it LOOKS good, not because that's what actually would happen. Like this picture of the Atlas, tearing apart that Clan Mech. Not happening in the PnP game, and you'd probably only read about something like that in a Stackpole novel, hence the term 'Stackpoling', as Mr Stackpole is infamous for his use of such plot devices (he often put main characters in certain death situations despite knowing they were to live many years beyond the scene, something he actually does in most of his writing to be honest, and he would have to create something totally against the universe's rules he is writing in, like the time he saved a certain Merc leader who is actually a Clan Trueborn and gave him a supernatural air that was never followed up on because..WRONG UNIVERSE!).

what you have is four images, 3 of the original TRO art, of which the official in game TT Miniatures are based, with their twisted heads. That trumps what you or I think is "more feasible/viable/logical). It's 10 meter stompy robots. Reality considerations are already out the door.

#183 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:36 PM

Once his argument became "the official art is wrong because it conflicts with my opinion," I realized the discussion was a lost cause.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users