#1 Caleb Brightmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:22 AM

Did Zellbrigen die?

While counter attacking on the planet of Alyina solely because it was the olny CW option open at that time I ran into a Jade Falcon Company.

Being with a group of mostly pugs, and after suffering a horrible and well executed counter push I declared it a lost cause and requested a duel.

I did not have the time to type the formal request, I just said over coms, "Lost cause, anyone care for a duel"

The response surprised me however as it was a counter attack and when I respawned I was immediately destroyed in the counter attack spawn as the door opened.

War is war and I have no issue with that wars outcome.

It does however sadden me that this war seems to have killed off the very sense of honor that made us proud Mechwarriors in the first place.

GGWP to all on the field that day, bittersweet as it was.

We were outmatched and paid dearly for our attempted attack.

Since I now have the time to type I will ask in the correct manner.

"I am MechWarrior Caleb Brightmore formally of Clan Ghost Bear now Seraphim, piloting the lone (Rules of engagement to be determined). I hereby invoke the ritual of zellbrigen and challenge any opposing pilot to a duel of warriors. In this solemn matter let no one interfere!" Does anyone accept my challenge?

With Respect,

Mechwarrior Caleb Brightmore

Edited by Caleb Brightmore, 24 January 2015 - 05:22 AM.

#2 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:41 AM

Jade Falcon Prime would be happy to engage in zellbrigen duels when possible. We have done so on several occasions with the last drop or two out of the drop-ships at the end of the battle.

Unfortunately we have no control over those who dropped solo into the battle, those who failed to read chat, or those that do not understand what zellbrigen means. We also have units and mechwarriors who do not speak/read English.

If I happen upon a Caleb Brightmore in our future battles and I am with a twelve man of my unit, I (or another of our unit) will honor your request. Just expect to be dead or a bondsman at the end.

Edited by jeirhart, 24 January 2015 - 06:43 AM.

#3 Caleb Brightmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

Your words are clearly understood and please also understand there is a flip-side to every coin.

The way of the Mechwarrior is the resolute acceptance of death.

May you fight and die with honor

Caleb Brightmore

#4 Slumu

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:01 AM

Your request for the right of zellbrigen has been noted and will be granted in the future if possible.

Just remember, there are a lot of players out there who not really have a clue about BT and probably think Zellbrigen is some kind of coockie. ;)

#5 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:48 AM

publicly you don't usually see zellbrigen offered too often to the inner sphere but you will find many within Clan wolf international that loves a good duel myself included

#6 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:28 AM

If circumstances allow it, i will glady accept any batchall.

#7 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

View PostCaleb Brightmore, on 24 January 2015 - 05:22 AM, said:

Did Zellbrigen die?

While counter attacking on the planet of Alyina solely because it was the olny CW option open at that time I ran into a Jade Falcon Company.

Being with a group of mostly pugs, and after suffering a horrible and well executed counter push I declared it a lost cause and requested a duel.

I did not have the time to type the formal request, I just said over coms, "Lost cause, anyone care for a duel"

The response surprised me however as it was a counter attack and when I respawned I was immediately destroyed in the counter attack spawn as the door opened.

War is war and I have no issue with that wars outcome.

It does however sadden me that this war seems to have killed off the very sense of honor that made us proud Mechwarriors in the first place.

GGWP to all on the field that day, bittersweet as it was.

We were outmatched and paid dearly for our attempted attack.

Since I now have the time to type I will ask in the correct manner.

"I am MechWarrior Caleb Brightmore formally of Clan Ghost Bear now Seraphim, piloting the lone (Rules of engagement to be determined). I hereby invoke the ritual of zellbrigen and challenge any opposing pilot to a duel of warriors. In this solemn matter let no one interfere!" Does anyone accept my challenge?

With Respect,

Mechwarrior Caleb Brightmore

We respect your attempt at honourable combat. Typically Zelbrigen is a privilege reserved for clans, as certain IS groups have refused to respect it through to the end of an engagement. I suggest issuing a request for Zel before majority of conflict gets underway. The more honourable of our units may be willing to accept, bargaining control of the stronghold. Otherwise, the Clans are hard pressed to trust the requests of a pug drop.

No offense you understand, I am a pug as well. This is the stigma we have to deal with.

#8 Caleb Brightmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:26 PM

I hope the opportunity allows us to use the rite.

May you all fight and when the time comes die with honor.

Good hunting and if we meet and the circumstances arise may our skills not fail us when we need them the most.

o7

#9 Kriwan

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:38 AM

On a practical level, it doesn't make sense if there's only a short amount of time until a ceasefire.

#10 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:55 AM

Just once, I would love to see this played through, and honoured.

To have a match decided on by rite of combat, with the losing team voluntarily ejecting from their mechs.

Well bargained and done, this planet is yours. Seyla.

(That would be friggin awesome, but of course, I don't ever expect to see this in MWO).

#11 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:34 AM

View PostKriwan, on 26 January 2015 - 03:38 AM, said:

On a practical level, it doesn't make sense if there's only a short amount of time until a ceasefire.

best way to do it is if you get two lore based units fighting eachother and choose to roleplay it

yes I agree it would be interesting

#12 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:36 AM

View PostThunder Child, on 26 January 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

To have a match decided on by rite of combat, with the losing team voluntarily ejecting from their mechs.

(That would be friggin awesome, but of course, I don't ever expect to see this in MWO).

Maybe not over the ownership of a planet, but an outcome of a match I could see being determined by rite of combat.

#13 Caleb Brightmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostKriwan, on 26 January 2015 - 03:38 AM, said:

View PostThunder Child, on 26 January 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

View PostChocowolf, on 26 January 2015 - 04:34 AM, said:

best way to do it is if you get two lore based units fighting eachother and choose to roleplay it

yes I agree it would be interesting

View PostDracol, on 26 January 2015 - 04:36 AM, said:

Maybe not over the ownership of a planet, but an outcome of a match I could see being determined by rite of combat.

I agree with all of the above, but as to practicality the planet wasn't at risk of being lost at the time.

It was just an attempt to inject some fun into an otherwise boring match lol.

When I called for it most of the mechs on my side were either done with or combat ineffective.

I wouldn't have felt right to ask beforehand and as noted above I had no way of actually forcing the others on my side to be honorable to a system they did not load into the game to use.

Had I called for and gotten the right to a warriors duel earlier any violation by them even though not commanded by me would have dishonored me because, as one familiar with the system I should have known better imo.

My quest to be a better Pilot continues and thank you all for the respectful and on topic comments.

With Respect,

Caleb

Edited by Caleb Brightmore, 26 January 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#14 Caleb Brightmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostSlumu, on 25 January 2015 - 01:01 AM, said:

Just remember, there are a lot of players out there who not really have a clue about BT and probably think Zellbrigen is some kind of coockie. ;)

Thank you. I have not laughed that hard in a long time :D

Edited by Caleb Brightmore, 26 January 2015 - 12:50 PM.

#15 Ler of Zan

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

Glad to see this discussed. Ultimately, one might expect some BT education would be important to joining a Clan unit. Otherwise, why bother to join a Clan?

#16 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

If I see a request for Zell I would be willing to accept. I would like to point out though that some members may not see the request in battle due to the default chat settings having (all) chat turned off.

#17 Killer Koala 72

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 57 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:18 AM

having said all that just played a round against some Jade Falcons..and was very disappointed hen they only hit 1 of the initial objectives and then pushed to spawn and camped it - with no clear intentions of killing the Primary objective until all active opposing players were dead..this is pretty poor form in my book ..and I may have said a few things in the heat of the moment. To make matters worse it was a pre-made clan vs PUG IS - no way was this a fun round - I didn't even have a chance to ask for a honour duel - I have at other times against other clans but not this time - very unclan like behaviour

#18 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:29 AM

We unfortunately have two options:

Get yelled at for "rushing objectives" and not fighting (which is called not clan-like)

~or~

Get yelled at for "spawn camping" and killing enemies as they spawn right next to us in their base (which is also apparently not clan-like)

Seems like people would like us to sit back and snipe them from outside the gates for the entire game.

Edited by jeirhart, 27 January 2015 - 12:29 AM.

#19 Geck0

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:54 AM

View PostKiller Koala 72, on 27 January 2015 - 12:18 AM, said:

having said all that just played a round against some Jade Falcons..and was very disappointed hen they only hit 1 of the initial objectives and then pushed to spawn and camped it - with no clear intentions of killing the Primary objective until all active opposing players were dead..this is pretty poor form in my book ..and I may have said a few things in the heat of the moment. To make matters worse it was a pre-made clan vs PUG IS - no way was this a fun round - I didn't even have a chance to ask for a honour duel - I have at other times against other clans but not this time - very unclan like behaviour
  • when you spawn on the objective, its not camping. Its poor map design.
  • We can end the game in 3:20. But you dont get money, we dont get money and its less fun.
  • When we want to win the planet, we want to move on to the next match as fast as possible. So actually fulfilling a duel request is going out of our way.
  • Being one of the last people alive increases the the chances of you getting the duel.
  • We don't chose who we are put up against any more than you do. If no one is active in CW and a call to arms goes out, chances are you're about to run into a large group. You know what you're walking into in these cases.
  • Opting to kill the entire enemy team before killing the objective is perfectly acceptable and in many cases standard.

Edited by Geck0, 27 January 2015 - 12:57 AM.

#20 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:04 AM

[Redacted]

Jade Falcon Prime declares you as dezgra. Team killing, especially other Falcons, is never acceptable.

Edited by GM Patience, 27 January 2015 - 09:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users