• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:40 PM

View PostGyrok, on 24 January 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

FTFY

doesnt look fixed at all...
"Periphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day" to "I am a Pariah and a chew toy for Bears"

Now its fixed

Edited by Keira RAVEN McKenna, 24 January 2015 - 10:40 PM.

#46 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

Posted Image

#47 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

View PostSaxie, on 24 January 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

That looks like a Fox, bah!

#48 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:51 PM

View PostFox Kell, on 24 January 2015 - 10:49 PM, said:

<3

#49 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:57 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 24 January 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

I know it is what all the merc units' goal was from the onset of their trolling (clan vs clan to slow us down) but at this point **** it--we need to be against Ghost Bear for the rest of CW. The actual GB units have been hiding behind their mercs for too long while claiming to be our allies but it has been a 1-way relationship from the start where basically they take what they want and even when their mercs are gone they get all puffy about the planets the mercs took.

Well, the nice thing is in a week like this when all the mercs are there they are a huge strong faction and maybe the most we can do is fight htem to a standstill. But the beauty is next week when all their mercs are gone they will basically be a cakewalk and not to mention whatever their mercs do in the NA ceasefire can be undone by our large number of players in the european ceasefire.

They've already proven they won't leave us alone time and again so from this point on we need to treat them like any IS house.

If it's any consolation, I'm beginning to resent this behavior too. Once my contract is up I'm leaving Ghost Bears for good.

And on another note, **** the merc units. They've been abusing game mechanics and exploits from the get-go, so this behavior will probably never change. I'll never join a unit, it's a lot more fun to brawl with people who are more interested in playing the game than ruining it for others.

#50 PaidtoKill

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:01 PM

i dont now how we are abusing game mechanics but i do not like swapping back and forth my self. so Good wishes to you Repasy

Edited by PaidtoKill, 24 January 2015 - 11:02 PM.

#51 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:12 PM

Well, by game mechanics I mean that it's very easy for a large formidable group to "Join" a faction to harass other allied factions for the betterment of the "Enemy", which is where their true allegiances lie.

I mean sure, the option to attack the place is there, and clan pugs have gone at it once in a while. But now that large merc units are stirring **** up purposefully when they are well aware of ceasefires organized on the forums... well, frankly that's a **** move, that's unsportsmanlike conduct, and a lot of people are really unhappy about it. But we can't do anything about it. If that's not abusing a game mechanic, what is?

And for the record, the forums are a large part of the game and therefore technically a game mechanic, so my argument stands...

Ultimately, I just want this game to be fun to play. I detest players who try to ruin that fun, then hide behind comments like "Welcome to Beta" or "It's the devs fault." They don't play nice, so people hate them for it. Why should the be surprised?

#52 PaidtoKill

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:32 PM

View PostRepasy, on 24 January 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

Well, by game mechanics I mean that it's very easy for a large formidable group to "Join" a faction to harass other allied factions for the betterment of the "Enemy", which is where their true allegiances lie.

I mean sure, the option to attack the place is there, and clan pugs have gone at it once in a while. But now that large merc units are stirring **** up purposefully when they are well aware of ceasefires organized on the forums... well, frankly that's a **** move, that's unsportsmanlike conduct, and a lot of people are really unhappy about it. But we can't do anything about it. If that's not abusing a game mechanic, what is?

And for the record, the forums are a large part of the game and therefore technically a game mechanic, so my argument stands...

Ultimately, I just want this game to be fun to play. I detest players who try to ruin that fun, then hide behind comments like "Welcome to Beta" or "It's the devs fault." They don't play nice, so people hate them for it. Why should the be surprised?

No one is stopping wolf from doing the same thing or any other unit. You are also mislead sir we go were the money is and swap so people can play there I.S. mechs and clan mechs yes there are plans and talks but it is all geared to getting our guys drops plan and simple

#53 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:38 PM

View PostFox Kell, on 24 January 2015 - 10:49 PM, said:

#54 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:48 PM

View PostPaidtoKill, on 24 January 2015 - 11:32 PM, said:

No one is stopping wolf from doing the same thing or any other unit. You are also mislead sir we go were the money is and swap so people can play there I.S. mechs and clan mechs yes there are plans and talks but it is all geared to getting our guys drops plan and simple

I know nobody's stopping Wolf, and I ain't mislead. I am playing the game how I like, and the Wolves are playing the game how they like. You threw chaos into that equation, so now we're kinda ticked off. It doesn't matter if you guys had the best intentions, you utterly failed to consider how this would effect other players, and that is why we don't like you.

Coincidentally, this is also why mercs had such a bad reputation with all the major factions in lore. The only mercs that weren't hated followed an 'honorable code' so to speak.

Seriously, don't act so surprised at our reaction. It's consistent with lore. :D (lol half-jk)

Edited by Repasy, 24 January 2015 - 11:53 PM.

#55 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:59 PM

View PostRepasy, on 24 January 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

I know nobody's stopping Wolf, and I ain't mislead. I am playing the game how I like, and the Wolves are playing the game how they like. You threw chaos into that equation, so now we're kinda ticked off. It doesn't matter if you guys had the best intentions, you utterly failed to consider how this would effect other players, and that is why we don't like you.

Coincidentally, this is also why mercs had such a bad reputation with all the major factions in lore. The only mercs that weren't hated followed an 'honorable code' so to speak.

Seriously, don't act so surprised at our reaction. It's consistent with lore. :D (lol half-jk)

How... is switching sides abusing game mechanics. Last I checked they had around 200 folks. Not everyone wants to play clan specifically or IS. If this was abuse of the game mechanic why would PGI allow for 7 day contracts...

I'm confused about your point of view.

#56 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:05 AM

View PostSaxie, on 24 January 2015 - 11:59 PM, said:

How... is switching sides abusing game mechanics. Last I checked they had around 200 folks. Not everyone wants to play clan specifically or IS. If this was abuse of the game mechanic why would PGI allow for 7 day contracts...for now, and currently under heavy review due to merc activities pissing off so many factions.

I'm confused about your point of view.

FTFY

Edited by Gyrok, 25 January 2015 - 12:05 AM.

#57 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

View PostRepasy, on 24 January 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

One honest question, if I may.

The loyalist units want to just attack the IS and push to Terra, right? None of these attacks in any way are reducing your attack corridors or preventing you from attacking south. This is all about territory that was taken, and left behind, days ago, right? It is only helping 'the Enemy' if you respond to it. If you were to just shrug it off, even if they fought you all the way to your starting world, you would still be able to attack the IS and move south. As far as we have seen, it isn't possible for 3 factions to fight over the same world. So you will always have your attack fronts. So why are you guys making such a big deal, other than pride? Now if "pride" is the answer, I get it. But if you think losing some world in your backfield in any way is helping the IS you are wrong.

Now CJF's refusal to even consider you opening up a path into Steiner through that planet, who's name I cannot remember at the moment, is actually much more of an issue. At least how I look at it.

#58 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:27 AM

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#59 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:39 AM

View PostGyrok, on 25 January 2015 - 12:05 AM, said:

FTFY

I would have done a lot of fixing on that thread last night but you denied me the opportunity.

I did like you at one point, but I'm not sure what's happened.

#60 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

View PostDavers, on 25 January 2015 - 12:20 AM, said:

One honest question, if I may.

The loyalist units want to just attack the IS and push to Terra, right? None of these attacks in any way are reducing your attack corridors or preventing you from attacking south. This is all about territory that was taken, and left behind, days ago, right? It is only helping 'the Enemy' if you respond to it. If you were to just shrug it off, even if they fought you all the way to your starting world, you would still be able to attack the IS and move south. As far as we have seen, it isn't possible for 3 factions to fight over the same world. So you will always have your attack fronts. So why are you guys making such a big deal, other than pride? Now if "pride" is the answer, I get it. But if you think losing some world in your backfield in any way is helping the IS you are wrong.

Now CJF's refusal to even consider you opening up a path into Steiner through that planet, who's name I cannot remember at the moment, is actually much more of an issue. At least how I look at it.

The issue is that people are taking issue. On both Wolves and Ghost Bears. For the last couple of days both factions have largely been focused on each other instead of opposing IS factions, and this is including players not directly involved in the spat. The behavior snowballs, and now the Wolves want to rip us because as far as they're concerned, The mercs and Ghost Bears are one and the same. So now we've got a friendly faction holding a grudge because of this merc ****storm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users