#81 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 January 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

Just for the sake of interest... will this war continue if Clan Wolf only has its capital planet intact?

I'm not saying that it should happen or that it will, but getting to tied up in wishful narratives tends to not sync with the reality that these things are based in.

There's this old saying that goes like this: "History is written by the Victor."

While this "war" seems like a bad idea... you are doing a grave disservice by insulting people that could just as well help you out of your mire just as well as put you in there.

The only way for us to achieve what we need to achieve at this point is to wage a long term campaign against the Ghost Bears so that we not only secure our 5 planets lost (though I think it is down to 4 now since the ceasefire) but make a sizeable push into their territory so that we are fighting the war on planets that no longer matter because they were not originally a part of our territory nor are they on the way to Terra. I see you seem to think that we will get destroyed--fair enough, that is your opinion. I think two weeks from now we will have shown them that they need to leave their clan neighbors the **** alone.

Personally I thought a Smoke Jaguar would understand---seems you guys have had issues with them as well.

#82 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

MS is not imposing anything on anyone. Choose to play the game how you want. Your the one getting upset when things don't go your way Gyrok. I fully encourage you to play the game how you want, and to have fun doing so.

Edited by Ax2Grind, 26 January 2015 - 04:04 PM.

#83 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 26 January 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

The only way for us to achieve what we need to achieve at this point is to wage a long term campaign against the Ghost Bears so that we not only secure our 5 planets lost (though I think it is down to 4 now since the ceasefire) but make a sizeable push into their territory so that we are fighting the war on planets that no longer matter because they were not originally a part of our territory nor are they on the way to Terra. I see you seem to think that we will get destroyed--fair enough, that is your opinion. I think two weeks from now we will have shown them that they need to leave their clan neighbors the **** alone.

I've seen more bravado than results.

If you were just to poll the other factions (other Clans, let alone IS factions)... I don't think anyone is going to take Clan Wolf seriously. The proof is usually in the results.

Personally I thought a Smoke Jaguar would understand---seems you guys have had issues with them as well.

I speak for myself. I'm not a faction diehard (for reference, I'm a Merc first and foremost). There are no quarrels with GB as far as SJ is concerned (to my knowledge).

I understand diplomacy and factions that have more bark than their bite. There's a point trying to have some pride... there's also a point to truly understand "strength through unity" and "strength in numbers". Telling Mercs off... does nothing to help the situation.

It's all about people. The Community is all about the people. Failure to work with each other is only going to divide your own. It's self-inflicted divide-and-conquer.

#84 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:13 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 January 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

If you were just to poll the other factions (other Clans, let alone IS factions)... I don't think anyone is going to take Clan Wolf seriously. The proof is usually in the results.

I speak for myself. I'm not a faction diehard (for reference, I'm a Merc first and foremost). There are no quarrels with GB as far as SJ is concerned (to my knowledge).

I understand diplomacy and factions that have more bark than their bite. There's a point trying to have some pride... there's also a point to truly understand "strength through unity" and "strength in numbers". Telling Mercs off... does nothing to help the situation.

It's all about people. The Community is all about the people. Failure to work with each other is only going to divide your own. It's self-inflicted divide-and-conquer.

We may take our lumps this week while they're a super faction with 3 huge merc units but next week will be make it or break it time. Also, the Smoke Jaguar forum is that way ==============================>

#85 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:47 AM

Psst. Check here and here our results and compare them to the last two days' Ghost Bear results :)

#86 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:26 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 27 January 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

Psst. Check here and here our results and compare them to the last two days' Ghost Bear results :)

dangerous for the bears is, that currently clan wolf does not have a IS attackable border, and so, well guess where wolf forces will go now? not to the falcons because they never betrayed us. We had an initial butte hold thing with them and it was resolved rather civilised.

#87 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:11 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 27 January 2015 - 05:26 AM, said:

dangerous for the bears is, that currently clan wolf does not have a IS attackable border, and so, well guess where wolf forces will go now? not to the falcons because they never betrayed us. We had an initial butte hold thing with them and it was resolved rather civilised.

We shall see. Now we have a FRR target, by the way.

#88 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:46 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 27 January 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

We shall see. Now we have a FRR target, by the way.

Alright, finally. Off to the FRR!

#89 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostFox Kell, on 27 January 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

Alright, finally. Off to the FRR!

Can we take Ferris too, after we take it? Please *sadpandaface*

Edited by CyclonerM, 27 January 2015 - 06:57 AM.

#90 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:10 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 27 January 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

Can we take Ferris too, after we take it? Please *sadpandaface*

If u want to, I cannot stop you. But know our lane to FRR might be short lived. Priority should be FRR, imo. Ferris can always be taken at a later date.

#91 operatorZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:22 AM

Telling mercs off....LOL

"Please don't tell me off!!" - Mercs

and they say wolf is sensitive, crying babies lol

#92 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:17 PM

View PostoperatorZ, on 27 January 2015 - 08:22 AM, said:

Telling mercs off....LOL

Well I see Blueduck's "less hostile hostilities" initiative is gaining ground among Wolves. Excellent.

#93 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:20 PM

View PostFox Kell, on 27 January 2015 - 07:10 AM, said:

If u want to, I cannot stop you. But know our lane to FRR might be short lived. Priority should be FRR, imo. Ferris can always be taken at a later date.

Ferris can no longer be taken, I wonder if PGI made an adjustment to the algorithm so that back planets can no longer be attacked, after the events of the last few weeks culminating in this last weekend.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 27 January 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#94 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:56 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 27 January 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

Ferris can no longer be taken, I wonder if PGI made an adjustment to the algorithm so that back planets can no longer be attacked, after the events of the last few weeks culminating in this last weekend.

I think it will cycle around again.

#95 operatorZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostIhasa, on 27 January 2015 - 11:17 PM, said:

Well I see Blueduck's "less hostile hostilities" initiative is gaining ground among Wolves. Excellent.

Sarcasm detected :lol:

If you think that's hostile you proved my point.

#96 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:18 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 28 January 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

I think it will cycle around again.

Hope so, because I'm staring at Laurent in Steiner space right on our border with no option to hit it. XD

#97 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostoperatorZ, on 29 January 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

If you think that's hostile you proved my point.

"Hostile"

adjective
  • antagonistic; opposed
  • of or relating to an enemy
  • unfriendly

noun
  • a hostile person; enemy

View PostoperatorZ, on 27 January 2015 - 08:22 AM, said:

Telling mercs off....LOL

So, yep, I think you could qualify the antagonistic and unfriendly statements made as being hostile.

Edited by Noesis, 31 January 2015 - 01:56 PM.

#98 operatorZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostNoesis, on 31 January 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

"Hostile"

adjective
  • antagonistic; opposed
  • of or relating to an enemy
  • unfriendly

noun
  • a hostile person; enemy

So, yep, I think you could qualify the antagonistic and unfriendly statements made as being hostile.

redaing comphenshin.....

I was not saying I don't engage in hostile i.e "opposed" or "antagonistic" posts against enemies..especially people who put out that kind of attitude first.... I was pointing out that to get offended over somebody telling you off in a computer game is being overly sensitive....but that went right over your head didn't it?

#99 John Winters

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 123 posts
  • LocationWithin the Vision.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostRepasy, on 25 January 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

Exactly! This whole weekend's potential has been squandered thanks to this clan spat. We've only taken a fraction of gains that we could have, and that's in large thanks to pugs/units that have ignored this petty conflict.

This fight over Crellacor keeps going back and forth, nobody's making any gains, so as far as community warfare goes it's a wasted effort and they'll have nothing to show for it other than C-bills and XP. Meanwhile, us TRUE CLANNERS are doing the best we can to continue a faltering drive for Terra.

If we make it there someday and this Wolf-Bear conflict is still going on, that's fine I guess. They just won't be able to partake in the glory and recognition of achieving Kerensky's vision, as they will all be labeled dezgra by that point. Forgive me for trying to save them their honour...

So many contractions......but agreed.

#100 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:57 PM

View PostoperatorZ, on 06 February 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

redaing comphenshin.....

I was not saying I don't engage in hostile i.e "opposed" or "antagonistic" posts against enemies..especially people who put out that kind of attitude first.... I was pointing out that to get offended over somebody telling you off in a computer game is being overly sensitive....but that went right over your head didn't it?

So you were being hostile. Thanks for confirming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users