Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 25 January 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Cite it. I am pretty damn sure I never said I hate Clan Wolf. Especially since I happen to respect a number of CW players, and have little hate for anyone. This is a game. I enjoy it. I do however recall saying that making friends with Mercs would be a lot smarter than pissing them off...there is a difference.

Sadly i am not quite sure i could find anything among all these pages of flame wars.. Maybe i was even confusing you with someone else, you know , there are apparently almost as many people hating CW as people hating CI :huh:

Anyway, again, i know nothing of pre-CW discussions, but be sure i have no problem having mercs as friends (ask Tank for example). Maybe some of you believe we (or some of us) just blindly hate mercs because the Clans in the lore despise them. It is true for some people, but not for all. You may not want to hear it, but my character was a bondsman from the Inner Sphere (yes, Phelan Kell's story is so mainstream..), and this is why i do not hate mercs. I just despise mercs who are also trolls ;)

It is actions and words that matter, not labels, quiaff? There can be honorable mercs and dezgra Clansmen after all.

Edited by CyclonerM, 25 January 2015 - 02:52 PM.

#42 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:54 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 25 January 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

Sadly i am not quite sure i could find anything among all these pages of flame wars.. Maybe i was even confusing you with someone else, you know , there are apparently almost as many people hating CW as people hating CI :huh:

Anyway, again, i know nothing of pre-CW discussions, but be sure i have no problem having mercs as friends (ask Tank for example). Maybe some of you believe we (or some of us) just blindly hate mercs because the Clans in the lore despise them. It is true for some people, but not for all. You may not want to hear it, but my character was a bondsman from the Inner Sphere (yes, Phelan Kell's story is so mainstream..), and this is why i do not hate mercs. I just despise mercs who are also trolls ;)

It is actions and words that matter, not labels, quiaff? There can be honorable mercs and dezgra Clansmen after all.

I am pretty sure I when I brought that comment up, probably in the old Threadnaught, it was in response to a few specific RP Clan Wolf folks hating on all mercs...

#43 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

View PostChocowolf, on 25 January 2015 - 04:44 AM, said:

I'm seeing a lot of sillyness even in this thread which just paints a perfect example what problems aresye has mentioned

Personally I would like nothing more then to settle whatever issues there are and get the wolf vs bear rivalry to a close. That being said we have afew individuals on forums (which is why I don't usually post too much here) that would rather stir the pot and complicate things. I'm not gonna lie the problems were currently facing are self inflicted and were gonna stay wounded until wolf can get itself back together again

The issue is that mercs will never allow peace between CGB and CW. I have attempted on numerous occasions to present reasonable agreements to draw an end to hostilities. It will be met with a resounding NO! Anything you get CGBI to agree to, the mercs will plead ignorance and continue their path regardless.

Clans need permanent contracts only. This would prevent the hopping and the mercs playing tag team from one angle or another continually.

#44 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

I could think of a few solutions for PGI's sake, having permanent contracts would not solve our current problem and would only hurt players wanting to be mercs

sadly not surprised seeing this thread continuing the way it is.

Edited by Chocowolf, 25 January 2015 - 07:38 PM.

#45 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:17 AM

This thread is also way less entertaining than Gyrok's thread from 2 days ago...

Cite it. I am pretty damn sure I never said I hate Clan Wolf. Especially since I happen to respect a number of CW players, and have little hate for anyone. This is a game. I enjoy it. I do however recall saying that making friends with Mercs would be a lot smarter than pissing them off...there is a difference.

What about when the said Mercs attack you in the back?
What about when the said Mercs change faction each weeks, most of the time blocking your assault?

Let us not talk about the few elements who literraly made provocations again and again in theses very forums.
I may not agree on Gyrok behavior. But if there is one thing he is right, it should be permanent contract for the Clans only. No switch to IS factions.

(and the opportunity to swtich faction at the end of a Campaign. PGI should really do CW that way. That worked so well for World War II Online and Heroes&Generals.)

Edited by KuroNyra, 26 January 2015 - 01:18 AM.

#46 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:21 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 26 January 2015 - 01:17 AM, said:

What about when the said Mercs attack you in the back?
What about when the said Mercs change faction each weeks, most of the time blocking your assault?

Let us not talk about the few elements who literraly made provocations again and again in theses very forums.
I may not agree on Gyrok behavior. But if there is one thing he is right, it should be permanent contract for the Clans only. No switch to IS factions.

(and the opportunity to swtich faction at the end of a Campaign. PGI should really do CW that way. That worked so well for World War II Online and Heroes&Generals.)

What are you going on about?

#47 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:30 AM

View PostAx2Grind, on 26 January 2015 - 01:21 AM, said:

What are you going on about?

I do however recall saying that making friends with Mercs would be a lot smarter than pissing them off...there is a difference.

People said it would have been better to be friend with Mercs. On that, I agree. But how can you be really "friend" with Guys who attack you in the back, take half your territory just to get to fight some Jades Falcons etc etc?

It was a no-go from the start. Has long has there is no way to control Clans and the guys affiliated with them. There is no way we can achieve real agreement.
There is a good number of problems for the CW at the moment.
The Switch of Faction is just too damn easy to do (paradoxal: some Mercs seem unable to use that to fight the guy they want to fight.)
There is no real authority for each faction, it's basicly FFA with just some Cease Fire generaly not respected.

But who am I kidding? I recently stopped CW. Just waiting for my Urbanmech and nothing more.

#48 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:13 AM

And suddenly the "old" new Clan Wolf logo makes sense. :D

#49 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:19 AM

So why cant we just have it where Clans cant attack clans in CW? Besides, they are supposed to be taking the IS not killing each other. Ofc...lore.....but thats why the Clans never did take the IS....to busy shooting each other in their stupid little ritual trials and crap.....

#50 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:38 AM

View PostAx2Grind, on 25 January 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

I am pretty sure I when I brought that comment up, probably in the old Threadnaught, it was in response to a few specific RP Clan Wolf folks hating on all mercs...

So now i should hate all the mercs because a few specific mercs have pissed me off? :)

#51 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:44 AM

. But if there is one thing he is right, it should be permanent contract for the Clans only. No switch to IS factions.

They aren't going to do that. Russ has said over and over that people want to play both their Clan and IS and this is the best way to do so as they aren't doing "seasons" in CW. PGI makes money from selling mechs and other things to people, cutting off part of that income by making CW unfriendly to their business model is silly.

#52 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 26 January 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

They aren't going to do that. Russ has said over and over that people want to play both their Clan and IS and this is the best way to do so as they aren't doing "seasons" in CW. PGI makes money from selling mechs and other things to people, cutting off part of that income by making CW unfriendly to their business model is silly.

And that's sad, because it would have resolved lots of problems and created more opportunity.
WWII Online made something nice.

Gigantic map where Allies & Axis fight eachothers. At the start of the campaign, only France and England are facing the Germans. Low level of technology (little tanks, planes etc...)
After some time,, the level goes up.
And after more time, the Americans come.

This could be how it works for the new battlemechs coming during the battles. The more time spend, the more recent mech can be used.

Heroes & Generals also used a system like that for the sides. Once you selected a side, you couldn't change until the campaign was over.

#53 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostGyrok, on 25 January 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

The issue is that mercs will never allow peace between CGB and CW. I have attempted on numerous occasions to present reasonable agreements to draw an end to hostilities. It will be met with a resounding NO! Anything you get CGBI to agree to, the mercs will plead ignorance and continue their path regardless.

Clans need permanent contracts only. This would prevent the hopping and the mercs playing tag team from one angle or another continually.

Funny, Blueduck and some prominent leaders from CI, MS, CGBI and other CGB units are all having talks and seem to be getting somewhere.

Maybe you were just doing it wrong, yeah thats probably it.

View PostKuroNyra, on 26 January 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

And that's sad, because it would have resolved lots of problems and created more opportunity.
WWII Online made something nice.

Gigantic map where Allies & Axis fight eachothers. At the start of the campaign, only France and England are facing the Germans. Low level of technology (little tanks, planes etc...)
After some time,, the level goes up.
And after more time, the Americans come.

This could be how it works for the new battlemechs coming during the battles. The more time spend, the more recent mech can be used.

Heroes & Generals also used a system like that for the sides. Once you selected a side, you couldn't change until the campaign was over.

Yeah but HG can be won in 5 days haha I dont want to have a map reset every week hehe.

#54 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:07 PM

View PostFox Kell, on 26 January 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

Funny, Blueduck and some prominent leaders from CI, MS, CGBI and other CGB units are all having talks and seem to be getting somewhere.

Maybe you were just doing it wrong, yeah thats probably it.

Actually...I have read what has been discussed, and talked with others...if you consider what they have so far to be progress you are naive.

#55 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

View PostFox Kell, on 26 January 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

Yeah but HG can be won in 5 days haha I dont want to have a map reset every week hehe.

Going by the time of a WWII Online campaign, it can last to 1 month for the shorter time, or... Well, indefinite time. The longest campaign in WWII was what, like 4 month long?

(in H&G, the shortest was actually 45 minutes. =3 Para-spam ftw!)

#56 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:09 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 26 January 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

So now i should hate all the mercs because a few specific mercs have pissed me off? :)

Do what you like.

Once again I see the word hate used, after being quoted...in which case you would be wrong if you think I hate anyone or anything in this game. The question was simply asked why would the mercs not want go Wolf..and I think that having an entire group of CW, including their leader, specifically speak of Mercs as less than human...might affect that decision. See how in context my statement makes sense and yours seems like more exaggerated RP posturing? But of course, I am not saying you should not continue your RP posturing...if that's what you like, keep on keeping on with your bad self.

#57 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

im pretty sure the fear of getting a pug who is 25 going on 12 will keep most merc units out of wolf space.

#58 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

View PostGyrok, on 26 January 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

Actually...I have read what has been discussed, and talked with others...if you consider what they have so far to be progress you are naive.

Its better than what you have accomplished wouldnt you say?

#59 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:23 PM

View PostFox Kell, on 26 January 2015 - 08:10 PM, said:

Its better than what you have accomplished wouldnt you say?

Actually, when I last discussed this with them, there were less demands and it was still absurd then...

#60 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:42 PM

After this ceasefire the **** is out of our asses.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users