#61 culverin

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 98 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

View Postculverin, on 26 January 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

Hiya, I'm here not speaking on behalf of my unit.
I understand how you guys are getting all role-playing and meta-like.
I'm a long time BattleTech veteran and love the novels and sourcebooks too.

But this is just me, speaking as a player of MWO.
Somebody who comes home after work, to blow up mechs for fun.
There are a lot alluding to mercs swapping factions and us being sneaky.
Frankly, I don't think you guys are taking the my segment of the population into account.
  • I have BOTH Inner Shere mechs AND Clan mechs.

I want to play both. Not be locked to 1 faction's worth of mechs.
  • I play CW, for the more in-depth tactical game mode.

Not for the CW map.
    CW is a beta, we get nothing for holding planets yet.
  • I want to be able to fight against Clan and Inner Sphere.

(not being stuck just fighting 1 type).
  • I want to find a match quickly for most of the day.

I have no idea how this translates into CW political choices, and alliances.
But honestly, I don't care.

Just let me play with all the mechs I have purchased.
Against all the mechs PGI have made.
And don't make me wait 20 minutes for a damned turret drop.

p.s.

I think the only way this happens.
Is for me to be a merc, that changes factions week-to-week?

#62 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:41 AM

View PostAsatur, on 26 January 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

Not only RCW and Delta think the same. And stop whining.

Nowhere did I whine, I am merely stating what will happen, considering what has already happend in the the last month. My unit has participated in CW considerably, and both MS CI and ACES can attest to seeing us defend the planets.

#63 Hardin4188

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:03 AM

We have defended against Ghost Bear so far. We can hold out until their contract expires. If we lose, then at least we tried. But we cannot surrender planets because of their desires to attack Jade Falcon.

#64 Necro06

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationFT Living Room

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:18 AM

We are Clan Wolf. I will continue to attack all those who come into our space. When the enemy comes rip their throats out. I will rather Die fighting then surrender.

#65 Philoczek

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:21 AM

wolfs who give up there territory are no wolfs for me.

#66 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:25 AM

View PostNecro06, on 26 January 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

We are Clan Wolf. I will continue to attack all those who come into our space. When the enemy comes rip their throats out. I will rather Die fighting then surrender.

Then attack, attack Feltre and push South into FRR, the true enemy.

#67 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:29 AM

Actually mercs joining the Combine for some time does not sound that bad. The Dracs seem to be pretty down by now and could use a boost.

Regarding that attack corridor to the Falcons idea - I am not too fond of it, but I will follow the lead of the majority of big Wolf units and the German Coyotes will do the same.

#68 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:37 AM

View PostFox Kell, on 26 January 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:

Then attack, attack Feltre and push South into FRR, the true enemy.

this just in FELTRE is captured WE HAVE NO FRR ATTACK VECTOR!!! so you wolf units that are scared of the big bad mercs can either forget about CW for today or fight the mercs and or CJF?!

#69 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:44 AM

Sorry at work, didnt know it was captured. Well, that was bound to happen, waisting time and resources on pointless feuds up North.

Summon3r, did u not just plead with Wolf to go South on another thread? Now your saying dont go South?

Edited by Fox Kell, 26 January 2015 - 09:46 AM.

#70 Nikoliy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:44 AM

View PostBlueduck, on 25 January 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

Merc/Bear Issues: Kurita is not doing much to defend themselves which results in turret drops. Part of the reason wolf attacks have been happening is a pure lack of anything better to do.

Wolf Issues: Having to continuously fight more experienced Merc units is wearing down a lot of the newer players. Likewise wolf never receives any merc support making things even more annoying.

You guys have it wrong, ACES took a Clan contract to use our Clan mechs, to see the strength and weaknesses for our self's. Because when fighting Wolfs and JF with our IS mechs we found most of the drops to be ridiculously easy when comparing to fighting on the Maric/Davion border. So its not a lack of things to do, we came to target Clan Wolf, the others are a bonus.

(GK have been offering some great battles but the rest not so much)

This is the reason we came to Ghost Bear. It offers more opportunities for fights and they let us participate in their plans instead of this bs:

View PostGyrok, on 25 January 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

...As long as they do not mess with our plans, I could care less...they are going to cause sh!tstorms anyway...so if they want to scrim with CJF, they can join Wolf and do it that way.

Also:
A.C.E.S. are recruiting. Full company community warfare drops every day with a second company on most days. Friendly team members and competent leaders always willing to help.
Come drop with us on NGNG TS and check out our website http://www.aces-hq.com/ to sign up.

Posted Image

#71 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:55 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 26 January 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

[/size]
Yikes, propaganda... And an ancient greek one at that.

Come on, 300 wasn't bad.. but it was nothing compared to this....

#72 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:56 AM

View PostDuvanor, on 26 January 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

Actually mercs joining the Combine for some time does not sound that bad. The Dracs seem to be pretty down by now and could use a boost.

Regarding that attack corridor to the Falcons idea - I am not too fond of it, but I will follow the lead of the majority of big Wolf units and the German Coyotes will do the same.

We are not simply just giving up the attack corridor for nothing, there has to be return benefit for Clan Wolf. We also want to settle our differences with the Merc companies so they are not a thorn in our side all the time. However, most of their animosity is directed at Gyrok, though the whole of Clan Wolf has to deal with the consequences.

Actually, both the mercs and CGBI are interested in settling their differences with Gyrok in a circle of equals (Gyrok vs one of their members) or a trial of refusal (12vs12 best of 5, multiple maps) We did not include this in our tentative agreement points because we (Star Wolves and CWI) cannot accept on Gyrok's behalf.

#73 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:01 AM

View PostXavier, on 26 January 2015 - 07:28 AM, said:

1) Its not about fighting a specific clan its about opening more attack lanesfor CGB our kurita lane is not active because kurita do not defend planets and once we secure our FRR lane then we have not lanes left to attack. We just want more matches(we want an attack lane with CJF not wolf but we have to go through wolf to get it)....please understand the whole story!
2) yes mercstar is a conglomerate of now 7 units all wearing the same tag. we wear the same tag so that all of our colaberative effort can be recognized by planet tags. if we were not part of the same group no one would recognize our alliance because there would be a spaterring of different unit tags all over the place based upon which unit was more active that night. each unit lead has a say within mercstar as to what the whole alliance does....THATS HOW AND ALLIANCE WORKS!

Wolf does not have enough attack lanes if CGB stops recruiting mercs to hit us in the backfield.

How about you guys deal with what you got. If you want attack lanes to everyone then all of CGB needs to go Steiner for about a week or so to get their "WAHHHH, WE NEED MOAR ATTACKS!!!!" out of their system.

Are we serisouly considering capitulating to a an entire faction acting as a 10 year old pitching a fit over a bauble they cannot have?

#74 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

View PostGyrok, on 26 January 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

Are we serisouly considering capitulating to a an entire faction acting as a 10 year old pitching a fit over a bauble they cannot have?

People skillz.....

#75 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

View PostNikoliy, on 26 January 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

You guys have it wrong, ACES took a Clan contract to use our Clan mechs, to see the strength and weaknesses for our self's. Because when fighting Wolfs and JF with our IS mechs we found most of the drops to be ridiculously easy when comparing to fighting on the Maric/Davion border. So its not a lack of things to do, we came to target Clan Wolf, the others are a bonus.

(GK have been offering some great battles but the rest not so much)

This is the reason we came to Ghost Bear. It offers more opportunities for fights and they let us participate in their plans instead of this bs:

Also:
A.C.E.S. are recruiting. Full company community warfare drops every day with a second company on most days. Friendly team members and competent leaders always willing to help.
Come drop with us on NGNG TS and check out our website http://www.aces-hq.com/ to sign up.

Posted Image

Yes, if you want to be included in Clan Wolf's actions and plans, then you can come play too. However, most mercs in clan space have shown to this point that all they do is attack other clans and attempt to break ceasefires.

EDIT: If you want to establish a reputation that differs from the rest, then join Wolf and prove your merit with actions. If you want to be lumped in with the rest of the mercs that go CGB and attack other clans because CGB is far too weak to accomplish anything on their own...then continue on your current path.

Edited by Gyrok, 26 January 2015 - 10:06 AM.

#76 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

Gyrok, we all are standing at a point that makes it seem not very wise to insult other factions or units. I respect your position about clan Wolfs territory and I respect your Work in community warfare. But please show a bit more respect and restraint.

#77 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:18 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 26 January 2015 - 09:56 AM, said:

Actually, both the mercs and CGBI are interested in settling their differences with Gyrok in a circle of equals (Gyrok vs one of their members) or a trial of refusal (12vs12 best of 5, multiple maps) We did not include this in our tentative agreement points because we (Star Wolves and CWI) cannot accept on Gyrok's behalf.

Gyrok has still not commented about my post regarding the Ghost Bears and Merc's proposal of a circle of equals or a trial of refusal against him.

#78 PapaN0X

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

View PostGyrok, on 26 January 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

Yes, if you want to be included in Clan Wolf's actions and plans, then you can come play too. However, most mercs in clan space have shown to this point that all they do is attack other clans and attempt to break ceasefires.

EDIT: If you want to establish a reputation that differs from the rest, then join Wolf and prove your merit with actions. If you want to be lumped in with the rest of the mercs that go CGB and attack other clans because CGB is far too weak to accomplish anything on their own...then continue on your current path.

It is not like we "recruit the mercs" they just see people like yourself and figure they do not wish to be associated with you. I base this on what I have seen you act like. Also this kind of smack talkmakes non-aggression not possible.

#79 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostNoXoN, on 26 January 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

It is not like we "recruit the mercs" they just see people like yourself and figure they do not wish to be associated with you. I base this on what I have seen you act like. Also this kind of smack talkmakes non-aggression not possible.

That's the problem when gaming reality hits roleplay in the face.

#80 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

View PostXavier, on 26 January 2015 - 07:17 AM, said:

Ok clearly some people dont get the whole story so I will try to explain it in simple points.

1) MS is a comglomerate of units and no one person can decide to go Wolf or any other faction.
2) Kurita attack lane is not very active for ghost bear so we are left with just the FRR lane since SJ and Wolf lanes were supposed to be closed.
3) once the frr planets are capped all the way up our attack lanes close. Al we want are more battles
4) we enjoyed our battles against CJF when we were steiner. we want those battles again which is why we want the attack lane.
5) joining wolf is not a fix because it still only gives use the FRR and Falcom attack lanes.
6) we are just looking for more attack lanes!!!!!

We are not trying to step on anyones toes we just want more fights since certain fronts are not active for us right now.

Just read this so that everyone can get there story straight please.

OK.
1) It was said that "some" members wanted to stay in CGB and that "many" would not be against joining CW instead. Now, i know those terms are pretty vague, but if you are a conglomerate of units and each one has a say in the decisions of the alliance, just start a poll. I admire their loyalty, a rare and very important quality for a merc unit, but when they joined this alliance they knew they would have to accept the decisions of the majority. If the majority votes to switch to Wolf, they could always leave for a week or two and come back when the contract is over. Quiaff? ;)

2) One more reason to change faction, quiaff?

3)Read below

4)Join Wolf or Steiner. You can either use Clan or IS mechs, as you please. If the minority wants to stay CGB, read point 1.

5)It should be a fix: While the FRR is not a big challenge atm (that might change though, i heard Lords joined the FRR..), it may be more active then the DC, and you will be able to have all the fights you want vs CJF. I also think we may open soon a corridor to the Lyran Commonwealth as well. 3rd lane of attack. More than you have right now with CGB, if you do not count CSJ (it seems that you are not interested in fighting them.. Do you guys have a particular love for us? :wub: ).
6)Read above.

Thoughts?

View PostXavier, on 26 January 2015 - 07:28 AM, said:

1) Its not about fighting a specific clan its about opening more attack lanesfor CGB our kurita lane is not active because kurita do not defend planets and once we secure our FRR lane then we have not lanes left to attack. We just want more matches(we want an attack lane with CJF not wolf but we have to go through wolf to get it)....please understand the whole story!
2) yes mercstar is a conglomerate of now 7 units all wearing the same tag. we wear the same tag so that all of our colaberative effort can be recognized by planet tags. if we were not part of the same group no one would recognize our alliance because there would be a spaterring of different unit tags all over the place based upon which unit was more active that night. each unit lead has a say within mercstar as to what the whole alliance does....THATS HOW AND ALLIANCE WORKS!

Read my point 1) above.

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 26 January 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

This is out of character for what I am about to say:

This is Clan Wolf's current situation. CGB along with Merc groups are poised to cut through Clan Wolf territory towards Jade Falcon, regardless of consent. Clan Wolf at this time cannot fight them and push into the Inner sphere. If we do not settle our differences in regards to both this, and in regards to Mercs in general, this next situation I describe could very well happen in the next 7 day merc cycle:

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 26 January 2015 - 08:41 AM, said:

Nowhere did I whine, I am merely stating what will happen, considering what has already happend in the the last month. My unit has participated in CW considerably, and both MS CI and ACES can attest to seeing us defend the planets.

Ok, maybe all these talks about conspiracy theories has influenced me but.. Has one of our enemies paid you to spread lies about our weakness? We have defended Gustrell so far while taking FRR planets. If we do not take back Crellacor is because we are waiting to see if a diplomatic solution can be achieved. But so far, we have been in the "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" mode.

The news of our weakness are greatly exaggerated, mate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users