Tentative Ghost Bear/wolf/merc Agreement

94 replies to this topic

#1 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

We're going to try to get a list of feedback to the dev. Units please add your issues/suggestions to the following thread: http://mwomercs.com/...sed-to-the-dev/

Update: Once we get enough ideas and discussion I will compile the suggestions and see if we can't reach an accord. Please keep the ideas coming. Please post your ideas in only one of the threads. I promise we will compile them. :)

This is in regards to a discussion between Ghost Bear/Wolf/Associated Merc units. It details some issues and tentative ideas. Your comments are appreciated along with any feedback. More meetings will probably be needed to finalize an agreement. Members in attendance at the recent meeting included (Hybrid Black,Saace, Crovus, CoffiNail, sansDaedalus, Aresye, Sandworm, Antoniusrex, Bobf, Blueduck, Ihasa, Ax2Grind, Vxheous)

Merc/Bear Issues: Kurita is not doing much to defend themselves which results in turret drops. Part of the reason wolf attacks have been happening is a pure lack of anything better to do.

Wolf Issues: Having to continuously fight more experienced Merc units is wearing down a lot of the newer players. Likewise wolf never receives any merc support making things even more annoying.

The merc units favor a corridor through wolf territory to open up more attack routes. This does not stem from a desire to hold planets but rather a desire to have more planets to attack so more money can be earned. Wolf naturally has no desire to hand over planets. A few possibilities to solve this issue included:

1) Dropping any pretense of a wolf/bear treaty and allowing free reign; if a corridor is opened so be it.

2) A 1 vs 1 exchange of planets. In short a wolf planet will be exchanged for a bear planet until a corridor to falcon is opened up.

3) Bears will take a planet a night with wolf following and immediately retaking the planets resulting in a net movement but no wolf planets actually disappearing.

Some other issues with associated resolutions included:

1) New players are being treated rather poorly or are being trashed talked in CW. A list of wolf/bear/merc units pledging to help new players while avoiding trash talking them would be formed. Naturally if the new players trash talk come what may. xD

2) Often times merc attacks come across unintentionally as sneaky. To avoid this a mechanism will be explored so coming attacks are declared so teams can get their people on. Possible solutions are direct TS communications or a thread where people give notice to their intentions when an attack will be starting.

3) A thread will be formed so objectives of merc/wolf/bear will be declared openly. Not everyone will be in agreement but at least no one can be aaccused of lying.

4) 12 vs 12 will be used as a way to settle disputes as opposed to forum warrior. Essentially if you're pissed and think someone else is trash put up or shut up. If you win be sportsmanlike, if you lose be gracious and learn from it.

5) Clan vs clan is lame right now in that no one wants to fight each other. Treaties will exist but they should still allow clan on clan fighting. It may be possible to explore a way for clans to declare limited hostilities for a set time duration so that corridors and objectives can be achieved.

6) MercStar CI and other merc units will consider a stint in wolf to occasionally even out the merc disparity. Mercstar has some limitations on flipping form ghost bear but others are more open. If nothing else the merc units are will to let clanners flip to them on a temporary basis when they go to IS to receive training and learn IS tactics/meta

With that said, what we need now is your feedback (wolf/bear/merc only plz). Please provide it below an we can set up more meetings as needed. Hopefully this is the beginning of a common accord and gentleman/lady agreement. :)

Edited by Blueduck, 27 January 2015 - 06:52 PM.

#2 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:42 PM

Thanks to Blueduck for organizing these talks, good fights to all.

#3 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

And thank you for attending good sir. :)

That said I'm hoping we can get some feedback since this isn't going to mean much unless we get something most people can live with.

#4 Shaitan Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

what about having designated battle planets?

aka setting up a planet i.e. Ferris (picked it cause I knew I could spell it, not because of any logic) and then dropping against it for organized skirmishes. I personally enjoyed playing some clan v clan Friday, but the good feeling was pretty ruined but all the hate and negativity going on at the time.

The above would require a gentleman's agreement though between clans. If no one chooses to drop against you, you cannot take the planet. And if you do reach 46% you must stop attacking. If its just pugs continuing to fight, the defenders should be able to crush them and bring down the numbers.

To allow this to work, the fighting has to stop first and then agreements be made. I notice CGB is still attacking wolf while wolf is trying to retake territory. There are too many members in wolf who won't be happy unless they get their land back. If, once land is returned, a planet swap is negotiated, I can see it going well. The planet swap would have to be well publicized though so everyone knows what they are doing and everything is clear.

#5 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:26 PM

I like it. :)

Keep the ideas coming and we'll see if we can't actually reach an accord.

#6 Shaitan Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

the biggest issue though is that the Merc companies and CGB have to be the bigger men about this. There are too many strong personalities in Clan Wolf AND Wolf is on the defensive. If Wolf wasn't feeling threatened, then I imagine logic could prevail and a calm discussion could be had.

#7 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:31 PM

I'm thinking you should get this thread merged with the other...

#8 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:38 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 25 January 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

I'm thinking you should get this thread merged with the other...

I perfectly agree having multiple threads doesn't really help either side.

#9 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

Hmmm, perhaps. I was thinking about having one for the bears and one for the wolf. This could be a bit redundant I suppose. xD

#10 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:42 PM

Perhaps in the Clan section so it's on neutral ground and not in either section? don't get me wrong having one in both sections isn't bad just gotta have a bit of clutter from people seeing what's being proposed in one thread and not the other

#11 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

You're right Choco, that would have been a better idea. And yeah you're right I didn't want to make it look like one side was controlling it which was why I posted it in both.

This is largely just a thread for people to put their ideas down though. When we get what might be a tentative accord I agree we'll put it in the main section.

#12 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

One question- How does allowing CGB to parade through your territory to get to CJF help you? I know you are upset about not being able to attack Steiner right now but that means that CJF is currently shielding you from Steiner and allowing you to focus you efforts on fewer targets. If CGB gets over to us, we will have to split our forces as well and it's likely that Steiner will be able to open up an attack lane to your space again, forcing you to split your forces as well. Seems almost like Steiner and CGB are working together to stall our offense...oh wait, they are. Be aware that the same guys that tore into your space not 1 week ago from Steiner are a lot of the same folks that are asking to tear into your space now. This may seem like a good thing to do right now to ease some of the pressures you guys are facing but in the long run, it will end up hurting you more. At least that's how I see it.

I welcome the challenge though so if it's decided to allow CGB to come through CW to get to us, then we will see you on the battlefield and I wish you all good luck.

#13 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:31 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 25 January 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

One question- How does allowing CGB to parade through your territory to get to CJF help you? I know you are upset about not being able to attack Steiner right now but that means that CJF is currently shielding you from Steiner and allowing you to focus you efforts on fewer targets. If CGB gets over to us, we will have to split our forces as well and it's likely that Steiner will be able to open up an attack lane to your space again, forcing you to split your forces as well. Seems almost like Steiner and CGB are working together to stall our offense...oh wait, they are. Be aware that the same guys that tore into your space not 1 week ago from Steiner are a lot of the same folks that are asking to tear into your space now. This may seem like a good thing to do right now to ease some of the pressures you guys are facing but in the long run, it will end up hurting you more. At least that's how I see it.

I welcome the challenge though so if it's decided to allow CGB to come through CW to get to us, then we will see you on the battlefield and I wish you all good luck.

more planets for us to take, KCOM and JFP at night and our Russia friends in RJF while we sleep. The Steiner front is no concern as their main units are not dropping much anymore, we been attacked mostly from QQ in the FRR. So really another competitive front is no concern to me at least

Jade Falcon should welcome this honorable fight!

#14 Airwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWhere's the dropship? I want off this rock!

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:11 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what CGB's beef is with CW and CJF ... anyone?

#15 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

To think this could have been resolved as per the proposal presented by the associated MERC units weeks ago and inclusive of the common sense ideals of lets behave as players respectfully. I actually find it rather condescending that you would need a bit of paper to help with behaviour, however I also recognise that this is only a reactive proposal based on the realities of what has happened.

As Dark Born however, I may need to politely decline any formal agreement proposed as an IG/meta treaty. The Dark Caste has to maintain their "professional" standards at the end of the day and we have a reputation to maintain when it comes to dealings. Negotiation is always available on a case by case basis however. ;)

#16 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

View PostAirwolf, on 25 January 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

There is only one B33f!

#17 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:28 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 25 January 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

There is only one B33f!

Yup. That's why his first name is 'The'.

#18 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:41 PM

Your guess is as good as mine... :/

#19 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:52 PM

I dont see any beef between the actual CGB units and CW and CJF. Im surprised its not obvious enough. Its pug and merc / random units joining the bears and just not giving a **** what ceasefire or negotiations were had in the beginning. Does this need to be written down for people to finally get it? cause it seems people are still clueless.

But alas, Here I am watching the drama unfold. Entertain me!

#20 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAround the world ...

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

-face palm-

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users