#21 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:48 AM

View PostAirwolf, on 25 January 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

I'm still trying to figure out what CGB's beef is with CW and CJF ... anyone?

CGBI has no problems with either. As LastKhan said. The Merc forces and such minor units that follow their lead have 'beef'. Though I think it is more they want to have many options to fight being a rather large competitive unit.

#22 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

Why do you have to have a beef with someone to fight them in a game that's about fighting people in stompy mechs?

#23 FartSniffer87

LeBoeuf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

I'll show you real beef...

#24 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 26 January 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

CGBI has no problems with either. As LastKhan said. The Merc forces and such minor units that follow their lead have 'beef'. Though I think it is more they want to have many options to fight being a rather large competitive unit.

I know you guys have no real issues Coffi, I wish the mercs could be sane and hit the targets they want from a faction that borders them, instead of trying to cut across the map haphazardly to achieve "good fights"

#25 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostTheB33f, on 26 January 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

I'll show you real beef...

Not kosher tho.

#26 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:38 AM

View PostAirwolf, on 25 January 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

I'm still trying to figure out what CGB's beef is with CW and CJF ... anyone?

I think this about sums it up:

Posted Image

#27 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

Hey all,

John Wolf has agreed to carry a list of our issues/solutions to the dev in regards to the merc/clan issues from this weekend.

I've created a thread for it in the clan forums.

Please post your issues/suggestions there and I will compile to send to John.

#28 Himmelganger

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGFFA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:29 AM

Where do one post suggestions to this list, url please?

#29 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:43 AM

View PostGyrok, on 26 January 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

I know you guys have no real issues Coffi, I wish the mercs could be sane and hit the targets they want from a faction that borders them, instead of trying to cut across the map haphazardly to achieve "good fights"

Please inform us Mercs were we can get Clan v Clan community warfare while fighting as an IS Faction?

For CI to have hit Jade Falcon as Clan, CI would have had to have gone Wolf. Which, during the second week of Community Warfare, it became known to us that Wolf at the time had no love for Mercs due to their stance on Lore. Hence the reason CI went with the Merc friendly Bears.

Edited by Dracol, 28 January 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#30 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:49 AM

View PostDracol, on 28 January 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

Please inform us Mercs were we can get Clan v Clan community warfare while fighting as an IS Faction?

For CI to have hit Jade Falcon as Clan, CI would have had to have gone Wolf. Which, during the second week of Community Warfare, it became known to us that Wolf at the time had no love for Mercs due to their stance on Lore. Hence the reason CI went with the Merc friendly Bears.

We love you, never leave us again! Free smoked salmon and jar or top quality honey for you every day you stay!

EDIT: See Wolves? This is how you do marketing ;-)

Edited by Mordin Ashe, 28 January 2015 - 06:50 AM.

#31 TheDeckardCain

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:55 AM

View PostDracol, on 28 January 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

I find it comical that CI and MS would hold Wolf's thoughts in high regard. You answered your own question. The best place for you all to have gone would have been to join clan wolf.

#32 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

View PostTheDeckardCain, on 28 January 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

I find it comical that CI and MS would hold Wolf's thoughts in high regard. You answered your own question. The best place for you all to have gone would have been to join clan wolf.

I agree going Wolf would have been the best choice. Unfortunately, due to their lore based stance on Mercs during the first few weeks of Community Warfare, working with Wolf leadership was an un-fun experience. CI leaders communicate with units of the faction we join, and they have been enjoying working with Ghost Bear leadership since 2nd week of CW.

#33 TheDeckardCain

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostDracol, on 28 January 2015 - 07:48 AM, said:

I agree going Wolf would have been the best choice. Unfortunately, due to their lore based stance on Mercs during the first few weeks of Community Warfare, working with Wolf leadership was an un-fun experience. CI leaders communicate with units of the faction we join, and they have been enjoying working with Ghost Bear leadership since 2nd week of CW.

If I'm not mistaken AS joined up with Wolf for a spell as well.

#34 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

Well, if you really wanted to join Clan Wolf, your actions have not helped building you the reputation of a honorable unit..

Funny thing: yesterday i joined a small 6men CW drop that had just been created with my friend Tank, the leader of a merc unit, and one of his fellow mercs. He was willing to take lead of the drop and we had no issue with it. We won, had fun and took the planet (if my memory is not mistaken).

He may be a merc, but he is a honorable one. I could totally trust him, call him trothkin and give him so much respect to gladly have him leading a drop, with no issue whatsoever.

You know, it would be like comparing an infamous merc unit with a bad reputation on Galatea with the Wolf's Dragoons, Northwind Highlanders or Eridani Light Horse and their reputation :)

Anyway as i always said i know nothing about the pre-CW talks you have had, so this is just my very own opinion.

#35 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostDracol, on 28 January 2015 - 07:48 AM, said:

Let us be honest Dracol....you do not have to do ANY coordination with Wolf groups to go Wolf and attack who you like. The CSJ tagged mercs do as they wish and we rarely have conversations about this stuff. They have a different agenda for testing CW than most of the CSJ loyalists...nothing wrong with that. But painting the picture that somehow CW loyalists limit your ability to go Wolf and fight JF is plainly false. One is not dependant on the other.

You guys have enjoyed the conflict with CW as much as anything else. If fighting units in JF from Clan were so important to you, you would go Wolf. But it is pretty clear, fighting Wolf is at as important if not more important to you.

#36 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 28 January 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

Let us be honest Dracol....you do not have to do ANY coordination with Wolf groups to go Wolf and attack who you like. The CSJ tagged mercs do as they wish and we rarely have conversations about this stuff. They have a different agenda for testing CW than most of the CSJ loyalists...nothing wrong with that. But painting the picture that somehow CW loyalists limit your ability to go Wolf and fight JF is plainly false. One is not dependant on the other.

You guys have enjoyed the conflict with CW as much as anything else. If fighting units in JF from Clan were so important to you, you would go Wolf. But it is pretty clear, fighting Wolf is at as important if not more important to you.

You may have misunderstood my earlier comment. It was just in regards to our first switch from IS to Clan. Those in CI who have been enjoying the diplomacy aspect of Community Warfare did not have a pleasant experience initially with Clan Wolf. I'm just referring to those first 2 weeks or so of Community Warfare.

You are correct units do not need coordination, if one was so inclined. CI's diplomatic players on the other hand still have to be considered by the rest of CI leadership. It was a tough choice to go against the popular vote in CI that favored Wolf as our first Clan contract. The diplomatic players of CI provided a persuasive argument to the rest of the unit to go Ghost Bear, mostly reling on the welcoming nature of the Ghost Bear units.

As for our current situation, I will not comment of CI as a whole. I will present my personal opinions. For me, it is a contest between ideas. I support the idea of Mercs being able to switch factions, as well as preserving a place for Clan v Clan Community Warfare conflicts. Events have transpired that led to these two subjects becoming a focus. Clan Wolf happens to contain a large segment of MWO's population that supports the opposing viewpoints.

So for me personally, my focus shifted away from CI's initial Community Warfare focus rather quickly.

#37 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:06 AM

This whole topic is rather complicated. Truth is MS and CI could easily join CW and do what they want, no questions asked, no diplomacy done, no contacts made. But then they would have slightly worse gaming environment than they do with CGB. To be honest I think CI and MS are enjoying the influx of various CGB players comming to their TS, tlaking with them, joking with them, filling up the ranks and staying up all night making poems and joking about our enemies. That is what fun with other people consists of and if they feared they might not get that in CW (for various reasons that mostly don't matter), they simply passed the offer.

I still think that they will eventually come to CW at least for one week, if only to swim in different waters for a while. But who knows. Perhaps Clans push too close to Terra and mercs will decide that it is time to engage "Tukkayid mode" and enlist with FRR? One never knows what may happen.

#38 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 28 January 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

I am not sure it's about "needing" to coordinate with other faction units as much as a "desire" to coordinate with other faction units. I feel the same as Dracol. My second choice for a clan would be Smoke Jags...because of the quality of focus of many of the units there...specifically you and the SA's. Some of us "mercs" actually enjoy working with our many other "loyalist" faction units (despite how things may get represented in the forum wars). Who we get to play the larger meta CW game with plays a big role in where we want to go.

#39 Shaitan Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:51 PM

What happened tonight?

Last night was great. There were some Merc drops against CW, but (and maybe I read too much into this) then the Mercs stopped dropping once they had gotten about 20%. I felt like, while it wasnt ideal, at least everyone was having fun and there would be no rage at a planet steal.

I assumed it would be the same tonight. I was wrong. So I am wondering, what happened? Did I read too much into last night? Was it not aiming for fun matches?

TO BE CLEAR: THIS IS AIMED AT THE MERCS AS AN HONEST QUESTION. PLEASE NO OTHER FACTIONS TRY AND EXPLAIN IT. I really dont want to hear a bunch of people raging about the mercs or throwing alot of hateful/inflammatory commentary around.

p.s. Why if the mercs are just looking for fun games, do they never attack CSJ? Wouldnt it lessen the anger if the attacks were spread out and made ineffective (at planet taking)?

EDIT: The planet looks like it will stay wolf, but I doubt that was for lack of trying on the mercs part, so my questions still stand.

Edited by Shaitan Kerensky, 28 January 2015 - 09:52 PM.

#40 Errodien

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:57 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users