94 replies to this topic

#61 operatorZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 30 January 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

I would not be so glad.. In my unit we were trying to set a rap battle night .. :P

noted :ph34r:

:)

#62 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:20 AM

View PostBSK, on 30 January 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

Very simple, whenever we dropped on a CW planet to defend it against the IS units, we were greeted with ignorance and disaffirmation. Any attempt to coordinate attacks were rejected, any request for help on a push were shrugged off and the objectives as a whole were never a task for the Wolfs that we met. At least they had the insignia of Wolfs, but they acted like Fire Mandrills.

DID......YOU......JUST.......CALL.......THEM........FIRE MANDRILLS?

Posted Image

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 30 January 2015 - 09:21 AM.

#63 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:52 AM

Careful, they'll start flinging poo at you....

#64 MercStar Recruiter

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 30 January 2015 - 05:55 AM, said:

Police? Neg, i just said that those who proposed ways to let the mercs have their good fights without taking planets, etc. just wanted to let them have fun while reducing the drama and frustration that may have come from it on the loyalist side.

Who talked about "police" or moderation? :huh:

Our aim was not to take the planet but wolf forces dropped off about 45 min before the cease fire and we jumped up way past 50%

#65 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:11 PM

View PostMercStar Recruiter, on 30 January 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

Our aim was not to take the planet but wolf forces dropped off about 45 min before the cease fire and we jumped up way past 50%

There were a few good unit battles on Boreal before that happened though. Thanks to all the CW units who came out in force to take part!

#66 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:04 PM

I have no idea why we got that planet to begin with, I would much rather push deeper into Rasalhague or secure part of Kurita space. Oh well :-) at least we had fun, Wolves will take it back eventually anyway.

#67 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 30 January 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

I have no idea why we got that planet to begin with, I would much rather push deeper into Rasalhague or secure part of Kurita space. Oh well :-) at least we had fun, Wolves will take it back eventually anyway.

We already had the FRR world and Kurita world at 100% when we pushed the wolf planet, with only an hour to go before ceasefire. We had no option to push further south. We didn't expect it to be so successful.

#68 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:12 PM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 30 January 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

Good on them when they do. That's how it should be in Clan v Clan. If your clan cannot support a friendly defense AND an attack south, you should not win the race to Terra. I mean really, even some of the worst IS units are trying to hold 2+ fronts.

#69 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:25 AM

View PostAx2Grind, on 30 January 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

We already had the FRR world and Kurita world at 100% when we pushed the wolf planet, with only an hour to go before ceasefire. We had no option to push further south. We didn't expect it to be so successful.

Ok, in that case it makes two of us who wouldn't expect it to succeed.

Anyway, lets push as close to Terra as possible. I've heard there is a lot of delicious honey there!

Edited by Mordin Ashe, 31 January 2015 - 01:25 AM.

#70 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

Whats happening on Bruben boys?! :lol:

#71 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

Back & forth. I have been in about seven matches, winning four & losing three. It is a hotspot today.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 31 January 2015 - 12:59 PM.

#72 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

View PostIhasa, on 30 January 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

Good on them when they do. That's how it should be in Clan v Clan. If your clan cannot support a friendly defense AND an attack south, you should not win the race to Terra. I mean really, even some of the worst IS units are trying to hold 2+ fronts.

Clans should not need help in the first place. That's the theory, Clans are strong, etc etc....
But the reality is different, and that is for all Clans.

It would be curious to see the result if we all clans ceased to defend others Clans world for a while, protecting only there and focusing on there own world.
I'm not sur only Clan Wolf would have struggle.
Let's not talk about the fact that if the Clan Ghost Bear is soooo successful, it's thanks to some hight skilled units... Except some of them aren't dedicated Clan Ghost Bear players but Mercs and... Urg... Dark Caste bandit. :P
Not very a good thing on the Codex of the Clan Ghost Bear quiaff? :P

Clans need eachothers at the moment, you -not speaking of you or your unit- want to go for a race for Terra yet attack the ones who give you assistance when they can. Or even more stupid, literraly attack them for "forzelulz" reasons.

Seriously, it's like watching 4 childs saying they will help eachothers finishing a race but kicking eachothers with there feet and helping eachothers with there hands...

Edited by KuroNyra, 31 January 2015 - 04:43 PM.

#73 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

Keep in mind that the Clans were not nerfed in the lore...............

#74 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

The Table Top used things like point values to balance things. Clan Mech were MUCH more expensive and putting a "real" Clan level pilot in them jacked up the price even higher.

#75 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:08 PM

View PostKuroNyra, on 31 January 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

Clans should not need help in the first place. That's the theory, Clans are strong, etc etc....
But the reality is different, and that is for all Clans.

It would be curious to see the result if we all clans ceased to defend others Clans world for a while, protecting only there and focusing on there own world.
I'm not sur only Clan Wolf would have struggle.
Let's not talk about the fact that if the Clan Ghost Bear is soooo successful, it's thanks to some hight skilled units... Except some of them aren't dedicated Clan Ghost Bear players but Mercs and... Urg... Dark Caste bandit. :P
Not very a good thing on the Codex of the Clan Ghost Bear quiaff? :P

Clans need eachothers at the moment, you -not speaking of you or your unit- want to go for a race for Terra yet attack the ones who give you assistance when they can. Or even more stupid, literraly attack them for "forzelulz" reasons.

Seriously, it's like watching 4 childs saying they will help eachothers finishing a race but kicking eachothers with there feet and helping eachothers with there hands...

You of most people seem to have the hardest time grasping the concepts and ideals put forth by CI in CommWar, and your comprhension failure is wearing me out. So I'm going to break my own sense of confidentiality and spell it out without spelling it out.

First, it is I that is and will represent CI in the talks my unit now calls the Blueduck Initiative. I understand the sides and the complaints, and without trying to give the full monty have privately been taking our side to those in Wolf that listen and consider. You yourself are not one of these people, but I've about had it with your own childish insolence and character attacks against CI.

Next I'm going to say this as carefully as possible: CI voted 40% to join Clan Wolf (over the winning IS faction equivalent) when it was time for us to switch to clans. Had our talks with some Clan Wolf leaders not gone south, we would be Wolf and other clans would be the ones bitching. This should be revealing in that when it was time for us to make the switch to Clans, we did in fact have discussions with some leaders of units in that faction, and here's why: because our participation matters and we care. Our leaders recognized the complications in doing so and we had some envoys engage in discussions as to our intentions and how to make them work. Now those failed, and the problems you're seeing now is an indirect result of that. It's not about a grudge, and the Wolf/CI relationship now is not a result of that. Our choice to go Ghost Bear is/was. We don't blame anyone or hold it against anyone, it was the prevailing atmosphere at the time. Sometimes you can't get exactly what you want.

Third, you yourself might need to bone up on some lore. The name of CI is Comstar Irregulars. There's a certain mysticism, lore, diplomacy and espionage involved with that name. I've said many times our own loremasters have created a story for CI loosely based off that which explains our CommWar behavior perfectly. If you want to know more, visit www.comstarirregulars.com and read the About Us section. For someone that is not a battletech dude, and I hate roleplay, but has an intelligence background, this works for me. I can support it to a degree, and so far that degree has not been crossed so here I am and here we are.

Next, you and others like you now sound like you are just crying over spilled milk. Our talks with Wolf failed, and our talks with Ghost Bear succeeded. Sorry we keep bringing almost 350 people to the fold wherever we go, but that's the way it is. As a Comstar partner with Ghost Bear, we're going to do what we think is best to best reach the interests of Ghost Bear.

Lastly, the talks with Blueduck and group have been somewhat effective. We've toned down our bloodlust against Wolf because of Wolf continuous forum posturing. You took it to the forums, we took it too the battlefield. Then we looked like bullies and I saw that, so we've chilled. So now here we are, trying to foster less hostile hostilities and you and people like you keep running your mouth. We're working on our part, other people are working on theirs. Isn't it about time you started doing yours?

Edited by Ihasa, 01 February 2015 - 12:06 AM.

#76 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:45 AM

I think you missed the part where I clearly said I wasn't talking about your nor your unit.
The situation is resolving thanks to guys like Blueduck, yes.

But it's amazing that something like what happened actually happened in the first place! :/

Sorry if my post seemed aggressive, it was not the goal intended. (For my defense, writing in English past midnight with a big day of work does not make it easy. :ph34r: Try to do the same for French B) )

I don't like the fact that talk with Wolves failed -weren't there personatly- and a part of me is happy that you have find your place with Clan Ghost Bear. Truly I am.
I will read more carefully your backround (RP lover here, even "created" units can be surprising with there backstory)

What I don't like is that thanks to BS like that, Clans cannot advance, pugs are still doing... Well, not-really-good-stuff.
And it is sadly not the first time it happened, and I am pretty sur it won't be the last.Not necessaraly (and hope it won't) with you, but there can be another unit trying there own stuff and creating again a situation like this.

For my part, know that when I can -not often- I try to participate in CW mostly in defense. And even with all that BS happened I have not stopped to defend Clan Ghost Bear. Not much but stille something for a lonely wolf.

#77 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:46 AM

View PostIhasa, on 31 January 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

Next, you and others like you now sound like you are just crying over spilled milk. Our talks with Wolf failed, and our talks with Ghost Bear succeeded.

:blink: Which talks? Which Ghost Bears?

#78 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:25 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 01 February 2015 - 03:46 AM, said:

:blink: Which talks? Which Ghost Bears?

The talks that go on between units that like to talk to each other about CommWarfare.

The Ghost Bears who convinced CI to go Ghost Bear.

#79 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

Apologies, I was asking which specific Ghost Bear units.

#80 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:55 PM

View PostKuroNyra, on 01 February 2015 - 01:45 AM, said:

And even with all that BS happened I have not stopped to defend Clan Ghost Bear.

You have not stopped attacking us either. Two planets already, and your unit still calls us aggressors... Hypocrisy ho!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users