Make 'mech Bays Available For Purchase With C-Bills?

131 replies to this topic

Poll: Should PGI change it so that 'Mech Bays can be bought with C-Bills? (710 member(s) have cast votes)

Should PGI change it so that 'Mech Bays can be bought with C-Bills?

1. Yes (439 votes [61.83%])

Percentage of vote: 61.83%

2. No (271 votes [38.17%])

Percentage of vote: 38.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 29 January 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

Play CW....you get mechbays there.....

Never got anything but CB by playing CW.
Is there a list of loyalty point rewards?
Tried searching, but only found this one.
http://www.beerwarri...int-rewards-zt4

Edited by Serpentbane, 31 January 2015 - 10:29 PM.

#22 AkoolPopTart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationApartment

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:46 AM

View PostRedlineHunter, on 27 January 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

Besides, they are not that expensive and do go on sale now and then.

How much is "Not expensive?"

#23 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:19 AM

Based on the US$ price for MC, if you buy the $6.95 (cheapest) MC package -- which is naturally the most expensive on a MC-per-$ basis -- then a mechbay is $1.67, which is (based on a quick google for prices) less than a small cup of "fresh brewed coffee" (i.e. the filter crap) from Starbucks or less than half the price of a Big Mac.

If you buy the $29.95 MC package (the third-tier package) then a mechbay costs $1.38.

#24 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:28 AM

View PostSerpentbane, on 31 January 2015 - 10:28 PM, said:

Never got anything but CB by playing CW.
Is there a list of loyalty point rewards?
Tried searching, but only found this one.
http://www.beerwarri...int-rewards-zt4

if i remember right you only have to get to rank 2 (~2000 Loyality each) per faction to get the first free mechbay! so, thats...ehm a lot!. With changing the faction on a weekly basis you will have mechbays even faster then you can grind new CBill-mechs ;)
p.S.: Later, in higher ranks you get even more (ok, thats depending on your funlevel in CW).

#25 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:05 PM

A good mech pilot can earn the 2000 LP Mechbay in 4 games. (I'm giving a lot of leeway because they are going to be limited in their drop deck because of their limited mechbays).

My best CW match with Premium Time and LP Bonus Phoenx mech & medallion, earned me 1600 LP in one 30m game.

PGI also gives out free mech bays in many events as a prize or as one of the random prizes, or as a part of the free mech prize.

Or earn MC through events to buy one.

Or just buy MC and get the mech bay for the cost of a bottle of pop or a candy bar.

#26 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:12 PM

do what i did, wait for a 50% off mechbay sale, get the cheapest mc package, and spend it all on mech bays. i did that last year and i still have 6 unused bays. though to be fair i think i won more bays in events and through cw and the occasional freebie (like that time pgi screwed up the thing and gave everyone a mechbay), than i have purchased.

im also saving up free mc from various events to hopefully get a mastery pack.

Edited by LordNothing, 26 March 2015 - 08:13 PM.

#27 s0hno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:47 AM

There are several ways to get mechbays - challenges and CW, mostly. Also, imho, if you play enough to earn more than 4 'Mechs, a little donation to support the game seems fair.

#28 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:26 AM

I don't care if mechbays will be sold with C-Bills... as long they don't cost less, than 500kk C-Bills each.

Edited by DuoAngel, 03 April 2015 - 03:38 AM.

#29 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:50 PM

Piranha I think solved your issue. You can win over 250 mech bays through play.

Here are the facts. In CW you can win 25-30 bays per faction. If you use your MC you can win for mech bays. that is at 150 MC per bay. So The C bill idea is dead. Win 5 per team without using MC or 30 with.

There are 10 factions. You can end up with 50 mech bays saving your MC or over 250-300 using your MC. The amount of playing will be immense but that is just the math. You just need to fall in love with CW. And wait for sales. Then you too will win 250 mechbays.

#30 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:21 PM

There's plenty of weekend challenges with a mech bay as the teir 1 reward. Plus every faction as a mech bay as a reward for achieving one of the low level ranks. Maybe rank 6 but not sure. So there's half a dozen right there not counting clanz.

So no.

#31 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:24 PM

A bay is half the price of a cup of coffee. I don't understand why anyone is reluctant to put that little cash into a game they are obviously playing more than once or twice.

#32 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:47 PM

not to forget that a coffee is consumed at use :P

#33 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:07 PM

I voted no because if people pay completely nothing, for a triple A game, then what is the point? To kill PGI? They have to make money somehow to progress the game. I am not willing to sacrifice that.

For goodness sake, they are even giving away MC (surprisingly) and people still want more for free??

No offense to the creator of the thread/poll, not trying to sound harsh at you directly, but at the end of last year I had seen a post in regards to buying Hero mechs, cockpit items, and camo with CB from a couple people, which was shocking.

Everyone has to understand that the company (PGI) has to make money or the game stops being patched, people become laid-off, servers stop working, new mechs stop being produced, maps stop being made, Community Warfare grinds to a halt, timeline stops, etc, etc, etc.. and we are all just wasting our time with suggestions to make the game better as they would ignore them.

Implementing this would in fact, indirectly, make the game worse over-time for everyone and the future of the franchise to be completely honest.

Edited by m, 03 April 2015 - 07:08 PM.

#34 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:12 AM

TL; DR

You could faction hop and collect the free mech bay at every second rank, iirc. How many CW matches is that? 5 to 10 tops? Easily done in a week, and that's what, 10 free mech bays?

#35 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

It's one of PGI maincash cows. I voted no because i want MWO to keep going for many years ahead.
If mechbays become available for C-bills i guess at least 1 year is cut away from it's life.

#36 ebea51

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

NO.

Mechbays are given out ALL THE TIME NOW.
They don't cost much.

MWO may be F2P but they still need money to survive.

Mechbays will never go to CBILLS - its already been discussed a million times.

#37 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:27 PM

PGI practically gives these away these days so there is no need to make them purchasable. Those who can't be bothered with CW or the challenges can throw down $7 measly dollars and buy several of them.

No.

#38 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:43 AM

Up to say 4 bays available for CB, yes. Not infinite.

#39 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:39 AM

View PostBront, on 29 January 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

If Mech Bays go for CBills, I expect it to be Tiered in some way. Say, make them 1,500,000 , and have them increment at 1,500,000 with every purchase.

So:

1st Bay: 1,500,000
2nd Bay: 3,000,000
3rd Bay: 4,500,000
4th Bay: 6,000,000
5th Bay: 7,500,000
6th Bay: 9,000,000
7th Bay: 10,500,000
8th Bay: 12,000,000

etc

So, at some point, it's possible but time inefficient to buy Mech Bays.

Though between events and the loyalty system, there looks to be more ways to give them out now. Throw in a few bay achievements (like your 25th Cadet game, maybe one of the assist milestones for each mech class, maybe a few new achievements), and you have a few ways for F2P players to earn them that are static.

While I think the concept of this is still good, upping the incremental price might not be a bad thing. Maybe 2,500,000 increments. Heck, make it 5,000,000 increments. Make it a huge grind, but make it possible.

#40 Ashvins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:37 PM

Look PGI need's something that has to be purchased, mech bays are just that to a point. You can get them from CW and on occasion from event's. You wan't more buy a mech package. Every package come's with bays, as do the mastery packs for the older mechs. PGI is making the game to MAKE MONEY!!!

Allowing mechbay's to be purchased with c-bills cut's their profit. No-profit means no game so, MAN UP AND BUY YOUR MECH BAYS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users