Make 'mech Bays Available For Purchase With C-Bills?

131 replies to this topic

Poll: Should PGI change it so that 'Mech Bays can be bought with C-Bills? (710 member(s) have cast votes)

Should PGI change it so that 'Mech Bays can be bought with C-Bills?

1. Yes (439 votes [61.83%])

Percentage of vote: 61.83%

2. No (271 votes [38.17%])

Percentage of vote: 38.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:56 PM

How about if you can buy a limited amount of mech bays with Cbills? Say, another 4-6 bays. That way PGI can still make money (probably more) and it's easier on new/free players.

#42 Brother MEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:40 AM

View PostRiam, on 26 January 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

One thing that I see lacking in this game is the re-playable value for a Free To Play player. PGI restricts players to a mere 4 starting 'Mech Bays, with no other way to get them other than through the contests ...
You OVERLOOKED Community Warfare !
EACH player can switch loyality between up to 10 factions for getting
up to 50 free additional mechbays B)

Edited by Brother MEX, 06 June 2015 - 01:45 AM.

#43 PocketAces

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 175 posts
  • LocationEverywhere yet nowhere

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:27 AM

A mech bay cost about a dollar, you can't spare a dollar? There are so many options to pay for a mech bay, it boggles the mind. Can't believe some of the self-entitled **** I hear nowadays.

#44 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:45 AM

View PostSerpentbane, on 31 January 2015 - 10:28 PM, said:

Never got anything but CB by playing CW.
Is there a list of loyalty point rewards?
Tried searching, but only found this one.
http://www.beerwarri...int-rewards-zt4

A quick google search of "cw loyalty items" and the second link got me a post on this forum with the following link at the end.
Lots of free mechbays there, plus the ones you can win on weekend events. There is actually no need to have mechbays for c-bills unless you really don't want to play CW nor participate in the events.

#45 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:50 AM

View PostAshvins, on 04 June 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

Look PGI need's something that has to be purchased, mech bays are just that to a point. You can get them from CW and on occasion from event's. You wan't more buy a mech package. Every package come's with bays, as do the mastery packs for the older mechs. PGI is making the game to MAKE MONEY!!!

Allowing mechbay's to be purchased with c-bills cut's their profit. No-profit means no game so, MAN UP AND BUY YOUR MECH BAYS.

While I don't disagree, you have to make the game somewhat playable by non-paying members, as players are a large portion of the content in this game (since it's PvP). Mechbays are cheap, so they're tempting, and if you make the grind to get them difficult, you may encourage folks to purchase them, but some folks simply can't spare any money, yet like to play and add to the game simply by being a part of it.

#46 PocketAces

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 175 posts
  • LocationEverywhere yet nowhere

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:43 AM

View PostBront, on 06 June 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

While I don't disagree, you have to make the game somewhat playable by non-paying members, as players are a large portion of the content in this game (since it's PvP). Mechbays are cheap, so they're tempting, and if you make the grind to get them difficult, you may encourage folks to purchase them, but some folks simply can't spare any money, yet like to play and add to the game simply by being a part of it.

If you can't spare a dollar ($1), then you can't afford that computer you are playing on, or the electricity to run it, or the keyboard, mouse, etc., etc., etc. Can't afford a dollar, never heard such rubbish in my life.

#47 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:13 AM

View PostPocketAces, on 08 June 2015 - 03:43 AM, said:

If you can't spare a dollar ($1), then you can't afford that computer you are playing on, or the electricity to run it, or the keyboard, mouse, etc., etc., etc. Can't afford a dollar, never heard such rubbish in my life.

No, it just means you prioritize different things abut where than $1 goes. Parcilarly when it requires at least $7-$15 to get anything (entry point into MC)

#48 30ft SMURF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:44 PM

They could easily make buying them for cbills prohibitive just like they did with everything else. You could charge double the price of the mech and it could come with its own mech bay. Turns out you can buy cbills too, so people who want to spend money on the game can choose what to spend it on, instead of being forced to buy mech bays if they want to continue playing the game without selling off every mech they've worked for. PGI should probably sell everything for at least half what they do now and actually make some of their sales count for something... You would see a lot more people playing if the price for entry went down significantly... as it is the grind/high cost of continued play turns people off and will likely choke the life out of the fan boys who keep getting price gouged every few months.

Edited by 30ft SMURF, 11 June 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#49 Alardus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 399 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:44 PM

I didn't even know we still had mechbays.

I think the grind for F2P people should eventually get them to the same place as payers, but it should just take an awfully long time, enough time to find and ban people trying to cheat the system, and also enough time to make the F2Pers content for the other players.

That's the thing about MMOs; other players are the content, especially with how minimalist MWO is.

They're helping produce content for the people who pay, should get at least some recompense, in the long, long, long term, yeah?

By holding out a lengthy carrot on an even longer stick, F2Pers who are "too cheap" to spend an hour working to buy all the MC their hearts desires, are going to be producing content for everyone else in the game by queuing up for fights.

My answer to poll is yes, and the question is, how will it be implemented? A cooldown of 24 hours when trying to swap a mech out, as mechbays bought with c-bills are "limited' compared to ones bought with MC? How much c-bill would it require to buy one? 15 mil? Enough for a few medium mechs? That'd take a while for non premium time grinding. That provides content (other mechs to pew) for people who actually buy MC, thus maintaining their interest.

Edited by Alardus, 11 June 2015 - 11:53 PM.

#50 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:11 AM

What about all the free mechbays we get almost every two weekends out of the events INCLUDING various MC prices....

Really... cant understand those "complains" or suggestions. I own more than 50 mechs, rarely invested real money to buy a mechbay and still have lots of empty bays left.

#51 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:49 AM

View PostAlardus, on 11 June 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

I didn't even know we still had mechbays.

I think the grind for F2P people should eventually get them to the same place as payers, but it should just take an awfully long time, enough time to find and ban people trying to cheat the system, and also enough time to make the F2Pers content for the other players.

You mean like this?

http://mwomercs.com/...410trickortreat
http://mwomercs.com/...?t=201411victor (even comes pre filled with a Champ mech)
http://mwomercs.com/...=201412stocking
http://mwomercs.com/...=201501champion (even comes pre filled with a Champ mech)
http://mwomercs.com/...201501champion2 (incase you missed the last one)
http://mwomercs.com/...ts?t=201501merc (up to 2000MC, so 6 Mechbays regular price or 13 during a sale)
http://mwomercs.com/...=201502champion (even comes pre filled with a Champ mech)
http://mwomercs.com/...s?t=201502adder (even comes pre filled with a clan mech)
http://mwomercs.com/...s?t=201503lucky
http://mwomercs.com/...ents?t=201503cw (even comes pre filled with a choice of Champ or clan mech)
http://mwomercs.com/...s?t=201504group (500MC = 1 regular mechbay or 3 during a sale)
http://mwomercs.com/...nts?t=201504tuk (450 MC = 1 regular mechbay or 3 during a sale - NOTE. ONLY CLAN PLAYERS. But you could use free Trial mechs for this)
http://mwomercs.com/tournaments (Heat Wave III starting later today)

Oh... and dont forget the 50 Mech bays for playing in CW.

But yes... PGI should really think about giving out free mech bays... they never have before have they? :rolleyes:

#52 Alardus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:22 PM

Do the losers of those events also get the free mechbays?

#53 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:53 PM

It would be cool if we could gift mech bays to our poorer players. Cheap players may be embarrassed by such a gift, realizing others think they're poor, and actual poor players will appreciate it. Some of my guys want to do a tour of CW factions just to stock up on free mechbays. That bothers me to no end.

But mech bays should cost money, and they ARE cheap. If you're frugal (not cheap, frugal) like me, you buy MC when it's on sale, then buy mechbays and premium time when they're on sale. It's not that big a deal.

If you like a game enough to buy more than 4 mechs, maybe you should pony up. But if you can't, those who HAVE should have the option of buying some mech bay redemption codes for the HAVE NOTS.

#54 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:13 AM

View PostAlardus, on 11 June 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

I think the grind for F2P people should eventually get them to the same place as payers, but it should just take an awfully long time,

View PostAlardus, on 12 June 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

Do the losers of those events also get the free mechbays?

So what are you trying to say? They should work for them or they should not work for them?

Quite a few of the events involved getting 30 points in a regular match or 80 points in CW.... not really particularily dificult as you can get the points with only 3 or 4 assists per mech and half way decent damage (anything over 250 damage per mech).
Plus... the 50 Mechbays in CW are not an event... they just need you to be persistent and play the game.

#55 Pahrias

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:08 PM

never bought a mechbay yet. all the 22 ive got have been won via a contest, either by winning the bay itself, or by winning enough MC to buy one.
and ive been playing since september last year when i got my new rig. personnaly i dont find that too bad. i mean from 4 to 22 in less than a year, for free, is pretty good when u think of other games that dont do that.
World of tanks for example. although i think in that u can buy a few tank slots for Silver before it turns to Gold. which to be fair would be a good idea for this game. your first 3-4 mechbays for increasingly higher CBILLs (5m-10m-15m-20m would be my scaling) then switch to MC.

#56 Gladewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 464 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:21 PM

Yes Alardus, even losers can get free mech bays.

#57 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:08 AM

want more mech bays? Do what I do - get rid of redundant or marginally useful mechs.

#58 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:25 AM

They should do this:

- Champion & Hero Mechs should have 300 MC added to their price and come with a Mechbay, heck you need to buy a Bay anyhow to get one of these, so just add the Bay and 300 MC to the cost. Same happens if you buy a regular Mech with MC.

- Possibly give a certain number of bonus free Bays for even spending money on the game. A number of other games that allow multiple characters/toons/whatever do this, the first $5-$10 you spend gets you some bonus slots.

#59 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:29 PM

View PostBrother MEX, on 06 June 2015 - 01:40 AM, said:

You OVERLOOKED Community Warfare !
EACH player can switch loyality between up to 10 factions for getting
up to 50 free additional mechbays B)

The problem with CW being the way to get free bays is simply how anti newb it is. Ppl don't want to feel like they have to get mauled in CW to grind out some mech bays.

If there were an option to make a limited number of mechbays purchasable with Cbills, I'd vote for that. But making them available for Cbills in general isn't realistic.

Edited by TheArisen, 09 August 2015 - 09:31 PM.

#60 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:03 PM

No. Mechbays should NEVER be made purchasable by C-Bills. As much as I would like that option. Simply because it's a BAD business decision.

Not to mention that PGI already gives us tons of them for free. I've gained maybe 20 without spending any MC.

AT BEST: 2 mechbays for C-Bills, and that's it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users