Boosting Clan Under-Preformers, Superchargers!

40 replies to this topic

#21 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

I say we let the clans have Stars of 5 as long as 2 of the 3 mechs are underperformers.

#22 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:01 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 27 January 2015 - 09:56 PM, said:

I say we let the clans have Stars of 5 as long as 2 of the 3 mechs are underperformers.

LOL, that wont be hard, TBR, SCR, HBR< GOod mechs, then whoever is foolish enough to bring anything else will be the underperforming side.

#23 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

i know its not the main problem with these mechs but,....

...=Omni-Mech=...................=Supercharger=..............+Extra+......
Mech...........Speed...........Weight...Top-Speed.......Speed-Tweak..
Nova...............81.0..........1.2Tons.........89.1..................97.9.........
Summoner......81.0..........2.2Tons.........89.1..................97.9.........
WarHawk........64.8..........2.0Tons........ 71.3..................78.4.........

97kph NVA and SMN with their JJ, it sounds amazing,
and a 78kph WHK that can mobilize also sounds beast!

#24 Alek Ituin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

Kit Fox, Adder, Mist Lynx.

They all suck, and they won't get better because of the stupid "only STD structure" rule. In fact, Clan Lights are the most heavily underperforming class of Clan Mechs in comparison to IS Lights. So in reality, they need the most help out of all chassis, and the biggest boon for them would be SPEED.

If they could all reach near 110-120kph, they'd be solid chassis. The Mist Lynx needs better arm hitboxes and some of the extra omnipods for ST hardpoints, as well as being able to go LUDICROUS SPEED!

Edited by Alek Ituin, 28 January 2015 - 01:19 PM.

#25 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

Here is a better idea.
How about we fix the horrible hit detection on the Crow, because right now the hit detection on them is almost as bad as the Raven when it came out.
The Timbers front armor hit boxes extend to far back, thus allowing it to act like an umbrella for its rear, which allows them to get away with moving 99% of their rear armor to the front and allowing them to face tank like a 90 ton Assault mech with out having to really worry about protecting their back side because as long as an enemy is firing from more then a 25 to 30% angle from the Timbers center rear, most if not all the damage will be directed to the front ST instead.

The Nova and Mad Dog have over sized hit boxes, these need to be shrunk.

Plus, the Clans still need a quirk pass.

So, when all that's said and done, then we should look into the OPs idea.

Oh, also, contrary to popular belief, Omni-mechs were not more customizable than battlemechs. The benefit Omni-mech provide is for cheap, quick, and easy swapping of weapons IN THE FIELD. However, the trad off was that a number of equipment were hard mounted like Engines, Heat Sinks, JJs, and some weapons.
Regular Battlemechs had to be taken to a hanger with proper tools to be retrofited, which was much more expensive, time consuming, and removed them from the battlefield.

Edited by Coralld, 28 January 2015 - 02:02 PM.

#26 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

View PostCoralld, on 28 January 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

Plus, the Clans still need a quirk pass.

Yes, yes they do...

Universal 20% heat Dissipation buff

NVA: -10% to Energy Heat generation, +25% to JJ Juice and recovery time, +15% to all mobility attributes, -10% to Laser beam duration.

SMN? SMR? ugh...: +25% to JJ Juice and recovery time, +15% to all mobility attributes, +20% to CERPPC Velocity, -12.5% to Ballistic and energy cool downs, -10% to laser beam duration

WHK: -12.5% to energy weapon Cooldowns, +20% CERPPC velocity(P CT), -10% to Laser beam duration, -10% to Energy Heat generation(LT all variants).

MDD: -12.5% to MIssile Cooldown(P CT), +15% to Missile spread accuracy(P L/R ST), -10% to missile heat generation(P L/R ST). -15% Energy weapon heat generation(P CT)

Dire Wolf could maybe use some mobility quirks, but then again, its a mobile gun boat, so I guess that is balance in and of itself. TBR and SCR dont need much, they are pretty good mechs. HBR either, its a fine mech. The gargoyle and other mechs I have no clue about.

I propose the quirks I did to the MDD Prime so that it can be the hit n run mech it should be in it's prime form, 2 MPL, 2 LPL and 2 LRM20.

#27 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 28 January 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

Yes, yes they do...

Universal 20% heat Dissipation buff

NVA: -10% to Energy Heat generation, +25% to JJ Juice and recovery time, +15% to all mobility attributes, -10% to Laser beam duration.

SMN? SMR? ugh...: +25% to JJ Juice and recovery time, +15% to all mobility attributes, +20% to CERPPC Velocity, -12.5% to Ballistic and energy cool downs, -10% to laser beam duration

WHK: -12.5% to energy weapon Cooldowns, +20% CERPPC velocity(P CT), -10% to Laser beam duration, -10% to Energy Heat generation(LT all variants).

MDD: -12.5% to MIssile Cooldown(P CT), +15% to Missile spread accuracy(P L/R ST), -10% to missile heat generation(P L/R ST). -15% Energy weapon heat generation(P CT)

Dire Wolf could maybe use some mobility quirks, but then again, its a mobile gun boat, so I guess that is balance in and of itself. TBR and SCR dont need much, they are pretty good mechs. HBR either, its a fine mech. The gargoyle and other mechs I have no clue about.

I propose the quirks I did to the MDD Prime so that it can be the hit n run mech it should be in it's prime form, 2 MPL, 2 LPL and 2 LRM20.

I don't agree with the universal 20% heat dissipation buff. Perhaps for one of the NVA's or something...

But for everything else, yes, a thousand times yes.

Edited by Coralld, 28 January 2015 - 02:32 PM.

#28 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:32 PM

View PostCoralld, on 28 January 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

I don't agree with the universal 20% heat dissipation buff. Perhaps a for the NVA Prime or something...

But for everything else, yes, a thousand times yes.

yeah, but we dont have true 2.0s, but we still have Clan extra heat on our guns......so yeah, I can see all Clan mechs getting 20% more heat, it still wont give us 2.0s, 2.0s are 30% more then what we have now.

Even a mech like a DWF could use a heat dissipation buff...maybe.....

#29 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 28 January 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

yeah, but we dont have true 2.0s, but we still have Clan extra heat on our guns......so yeah, I can see all Clan mechs getting 20% more heat, it still wont give us 2.0s, 2.0s are 30% more then what we have now.

Even a mech like a DWF could use a heat dissipation buff...maybe.....

The thing though is that IS don't have true DHS either. If Clans were to have a heat dissipation rate that you suggest, the Clans would have just as heat efficient weapons like the IS, if not more so, with lighter weapons, more firepower, and more range. That's just way to strong of a buff. And this is coming from some one who runs around in Laser vomit NVAs.

I can tell you right now, if I had a 20% heat dissipation rate on top of other suggested heat dissipation buffs in my NVA, all I can say is OH... MY... GOD!!

Edited by Coralld, 28 January 2015 - 02:49 PM.

#30 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:07 PM

View PostAlek Ituin, on 28 January 2015 - 01:16 PM, said:

Kit Fox, Adder, Mist Lynx.

They all suck, and they won't get better because of the stupid "only STD structure" rule. In fact, Clan Lights are the most heavily underperforming class of Clan Mechs in comparison to IS Lights. So in reality, they need the most help out of all chassis, and the biggest boon for them would be SPEED.

If they could all reach near 110-120kph, they'd be solid chassis. The Mist Lynx needs better arm hitboxes and some of the extra omnipods for ST hardpoints, as well as being able to go LUDICROUS SPEED!

i have another topic about them called,
(Please Let Clan Mechs Remove Jump-Jets & Non-Dhs Locked Equipment To Help Clan Under Performers!)
in this i talk about how with out locked JJ or (CAP&Flamer)
-
the MistLynx would get +4Tons, the Adder would gain 1 more energy opening some build options,
the Kixfox is fine as a support Mech +with C-variant it can hold 3E 4B 1ECM 3AMS & 6JJ, in one build,

#31 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:22 PM

View PostCoralld, on 28 January 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

The thing though is that IS don't have true DHS either. If Clans were to have a heat dissipation rate that you suggest, the Clans would have just as heat efficient weapons like the IS, if not more so, with lighter weapons, more firepower, and more range. That's just way to strong of a buff. And this is coming from some one who runs around in Laser vomit NVAs.

I can tell you right now, if I had a 20% heat dissipation rate on top of other suggested heat dissipation buffs in my NVA, all I can say is OH... MY... GOD!!

Well ****, the 9s is able to machinegun x2 ERPPC for 7.5 heat each...and Russ doesnt view that as blantantly OP....

Soooo...........I have a hard time viewing a nice 20% dissipation buff for the clans as really OP.....

#32 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

I see it now:

*leans out of mech window* "HEY BUDDY"

*leans out of mech window* "WHAT?"

"That thing got Hemi?

LIKE A ROCK

*Brought to you by Technicron Manufacturing*

OOOOH LIKE A ROCK

#33 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:54 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 28 January 2015 - 06:22 PM, said:

Well ****, the 9s is able to machinegun x2 ERPPC for 7.5 heat each...and Russ doesnt view that as blantantly OP....

Soooo...........I have a hard time viewing a nice 20% dissipation buff for the clans as really OP.....

The thing about the Thunder Bolt 9S is that it gets a total of 50% heat reduction to ERPPCs on top of heat dissipation, and every one agrees that it needs to be toned down a bit. Also, the 9S is one mech, not the entire IS line up.

Edited by Coralld, 28 January 2015 - 09:56 PM.

#34 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:11 AM

View PostCoralld, on 28 January 2015 - 09:54 PM, said:

The thing about the Thunder Bolt 9S is that it gets a total of 50% heat reduction to ERPPCs on top of heat dissipation, and every one agrees that it needs to be toned down a bit. Also, the 9S is one mech, not the entire IS line up.

still though, this would only help those mechs considered to be under preforming,
(yes yes, i know the DireWolf and HellBringer are both also on the list)
(but going faster wont stop the DWF from getting stuck on pebbles)
(and the HBR cant take its ECM because of the ECM Rule)

#35 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:26 AM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 29 January 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

still though, this would only help those mechs considered to be under preforming,
(yes yes, i know the DireWolf and HellBringer are both also on the list)
(but going faster wont stop the DWF from getting stuck on pebbles)
(and the HBR cant take its ECM because of the ECM Rule)

What? I fail to see how this relates to the conversation that LordKnightFandragon and my self are having about a 20% heat dissipation for all Clan mechs.

Did you mean to quote some one else?

#36 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:37 AM

View PostCoralld, on 29 January 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

What? I fail to see how this relates to the conversation that LordKnightFandragon and my self are having about a 20% heat dissipation for all Clan mechs.

becaue heta is not an issue on all the udnerperformanign clanmechs. the Summoner has a big lack of proper hardpoints, Nova is superwide and squishy. Gargoyle is just a fat version of a Timberwolf. The Warhawk lacks somethign unque.
When you give all clanners 20% less heat the differences amongts the clanners basically stay the same, and probably clanners like the TBR do benefit even more, because they have enough hardpoints to just use some more or bigger weapons now.

#37 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:56 AM

View PostCoralld, on 29 January 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

no i was remarking on "the 9S is one mech, not the entire IS line up" in relation to my Topic,
because adding Superchargers could be considered a Blanket Buff to STD Structure Clans,
it would mostly benefit Clan Under Performers, or those mechs that could use abit more speed,
where as a blanket 20% buff would also effect mechs such as TBR and SCR, more than others,

sorry for the misunderstanding,
Edit- Spelling

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 29 January 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#38 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:18 AM

How about just... oh I dunno... quirks?

or maybe un-nerfing clan heat/damage values, and let IS keep quirks?

Adding stuff to the game seems like it wrecks it more than helps it, with all due respect.

An old carpenter's saying, "I don't get it, no matter how many times I cut this piece of wood it's still short!"

#39 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

Hatred towards the clans is everywhere... i mean... come on... speed?... all we can give the clans is speed?

speed is not going to do anything to the under-performing clans.
- Give adders -25% heat gen on ERPPCs.
- Give -20% cooldown to summoner ballistics.
- Give -25% heat gen for ERPPCs to warhawks.
- Give -10% heat gen to the direwolf and longer cooldown to its ballistics.
- Give less heat generation on the nova
- Give top speed quirk to kitfox.

these are going to help the under performing clans...speed. Speed is just an excuse... something that just enables people to say..."see, clans got their quirks"

#40 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:00 AM

sorry cant agree with a speed boost to the KFX,
as it is after April everyone will be running 3E 4MG ECM 3AMS 6JJ builds,
the ADR really doesnt have anything up on the KFX at all, i would suggest a 5%Speed quirk go to the ADR,
Edit- Spelling

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 29 January 2015 - 11:01 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users