• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:54 AM

View PostValar13, on 30 January 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

Not that they aren't a threat, but there's more at play with them.

1. --Redacted--
2. My unit's homeworld is coming up for attack within days and thus far, we've got a much poorer showing than Seraphim when theirs was up
3. The units you guys are sending after us have made much faster gains than anyone else due to how good the southern houses have gotten at fighting each other. We don't have the people to fight on 3 fronts at the moment.

sad to see that it was the mega-mercs that were propping davion up...

#22 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:25 AM

It appears the majority of the active CommWarfare population are Merc since there seems to be quite a bit of ebb and flow in Faction performance.

Well the PL are back in Davion space for four weeks, lets see what we can do to help.

#23 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 01 February 2015 - 06:25 AM, said:

It appears the majority of the active CommWarfare population are Merc since there seems to be quite a bit of ebb and flow in Faction performance.

Well the PL are back in Davion space for four weeks, lets see what we can do to help.

The unique thing about the current Kuritan/Davion war is that until Phoenix Legion joined in a day or two ago, this has been a brawl almost entirely between house units where numbers had/have very little influence. Can you guys really call yourselves 'mercs' if you only work for davion interests no matter what banner you fly under though?

#24 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:56 AM

View PostValar13, on 30 January 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

2. My unit's homeworld is coming up for attack within days and thus far, we've got a much poorer showing than Seraphim when theirs was up.

Which fight for Asuncion are you referring to?

December offensive saw multiple Davion Mercs and House units flood Asuncion. Five companies of Seraphim MechWarriors plus the combined might of the FWLM held you off our home world for 96 hours. Davion took it only after the war of attrition took its toll.

First January offensive to return home, Seraphim warriors dropped on Asuncion and won it during the European window (which, in itself is a sign of our unit's tenacity as most of us were still at work).

After the server glitch that took away the win, the Seraphim began dropping again to reclaim our world and took it. In both January offensives, we did it without the assistance of the FWLM (or, I should say, without the heavy coordinated assistance we received in defending it in December). FWLM pledged that they would stay back and let the Seraphim take it so that it would bear the name of our unit. Classy move by the FWLM, which is why we like our home here. It is also why the Seraphim will help attack all Davion worlds that lead to Berenson and then stop so another Marik unit wil have the honor of reclaiming and then planting their flag on their home world.

So, are you saying that your unit is having a hard time mustering forces to retake your world or something else? Seraphim had to do a lot of turret drops to get Asuncion back. At least you have opponents to face to regain your land. It is hard to maintain unit morale knowing you will face repetitive turret drops ... We are thankful for the mixture of Davion units who dropped on Asuncion earlier this month as it helped to break that monotony.

Remember, the only thing worse than having to win back your world when everyone is watching is having to do it twice in the same day and during NA prime time.

Peace and grace to you from sunny Asuncion (The Twice-Won World),

Alex..

PS: RRB is a solid, quality unit. I have no doubt that you will accomplish whatever you set your mind to doing.

#25 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostSocop, on 01 February 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

The unique thing about the current Kuritan/Davion war is that until Phoenix Legion joined in a day or two ago, this has been a brawl almost entirely between house units where numbers had/have very little influence. Can you guys really call yourselves 'mercs' if you only work for davion interests no matter what banner you fly under though?

Well I can't comment on which Unit was fighting where last week, only on what I have read and observed from the changes in the map. It certainly appears that Davion has essentially been overwhelmed by numbers and I will not detract from the victories that the Liao/Marik/Kuritan Units have had over the AFFS Units.

I always try and be honest with posting my point of view and will hold my hands up and say that the Legion has been lacking in a little coordination lately but that will change. The incident in Marik space was unfortunate but ultimately harmless, certainly the one drop I was involved in I didn't even attempt to push beyond the first line of turrets until I was the last 'Mech standing. The whole drop was played for fun, something the Legion is proud to encourage -having fun.

So from my own point of view, yes I am a Davion loyalist but I play with a large cross section of people. Many of whom are not really interested in the Lore behind the game, only in playing a game they enjoy with people they enjoy sharing their online time with. This is why I'm with them and not a House unit, they are my friends; win or lose (even though I can be a grumpy Scotsman when we lose).

So, yes I would say the best description to cover the Legion would be Mercenary.

#26 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:12 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 01 February 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

Well I can't comment on which Unit was fighting where last week, only on what I have read and observed from the changes in the map. It certainly appears that Davion has essentially been overwhelmed by numbers and I will not detract from the victories that the Liao/Marik/Kuritan Units have had over the AFFS Units.

I always try and be honest with posting my point of view and will hold my hands up and say that the Legion has been lacking in a little coordination lately but that will change. The incident in Marik space was unfortunate but ultimately harmless, certainly the one drop I was involved in I didn't even attempt to push beyond the first line of turrets until I was the last 'Mech standing. The whole drop was played for fun, something the Legion is proud to encourage -having fun.

So from my own point of view, yes I am a Davion loyalist but I play with a large cross section of people. Many of whom are not really interested in the Lore behind the game, only in playing a game they enjoy with people they enjoy sharing their online time with. This is why I'm with them and not a House unit, they are my friends; win or lose (even though I can be a grumpy Scotsman when we lose).

So, yes I would say the best description to cover the Legion would be Mercenary.

The numbers certainly sway back and forth on the Davion/Kurita front, but its incredibly rare for there to be more than 36 people on either side which has kept the ghost drops to a minimum on both sides. I think most of the Davion units themselves admit right now they don't really understand how to beat most of the Kurita units yet so the matches have overall been a one-sided affair.

I can definitely see and appreciate the description that PL would be mercenary, but I'd add that the same rationale for playing with your friends is the same for any loyalist or house unit. If push came to shove they'd rather play with their friends under a different flag than by themselves. Between the initial alignment with Davion, the Marik incident that only was a positive for Davion, and now signing back up with them despite there being no contract bonus, it's hard for an outsider to really believe any PL claims that they're a mercenary unit though.

You guys have only been working to the benefit of one faction so far, and I think a new 4 week contract is only going to reinforce that conception in people's minds. You guys might not care and that's definitely your right, but it gives all of us loyalists very little incentive to try and persuade you to switch or try to gain any favor with you.

#27 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostSocop, on 01 February 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

I can definitely see and appreciate the description that PL would be mercenary, but I'd add that the same rationale for playing with your friends is the same for any loyalist or house unit. If push came to shove they'd rather play with their friends under a different flag than by themselves. Between the initial alignment with Davion, the Marik incident that only was a positive for Davion, and now signing back up with them despite there being no contract bonus, it's hard for an outsider to really believe any PL claims that they're a mercenary unit though.

I will give you that, I'm trying not to break ranks but will be honest and admit I thought it wasn't a good idea. What's done is done, I spent most of the contract defending Kurita against the Clans, which was hard in mixed groups/solo drops but it was done in good faith and the hopes that the House Units would be able to push them back.

You guys have only been working to the benefit of one faction so far, and I think a new 4 week contract is only going to reinforce that conception in people's minds. You guys might not care and that's definitely your right, but it gives all of us loyalists very little incentive to try and persuade you to switch or try to gain any favor with you.

Again I agree, I don't think anyone in the Legions command think that we "deserve" or are "owed" anything. I hope we, as a Unit, can focus on building (or rebuilding) our reputation as a fun, tough Unit to fight with or against. From there hopefully the House Units will see us as a good group to have on their side.

Either way, we're here to stay and here to play. :D

#28 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:21 PM

View PostMycrus, on 01 February 2015 - 03:54 AM, said:

sad to see that it was the mega-mercs that were propping davion up...

That and most of our comp. players are still AWOL or on hiatus. I can count on one hand the number of people in my unit who consider themselves competitive players and still drop regularly.

#29 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:25 PM

Davion, do you hear death knocking on your door?

Valar, do you feel your home world falling?

Posted Image

The dragon has come for you.

#30 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:15 PM

Not sure what having a home world legitimately threatened feels like. Perhaps you can tell us; Luthien is so far in csj territory than for was deep when cw started.

Kurita has been getting utterly face rolled for about 2 months. About time things turned around for you, that's great. Overdue even. Just keep this in mind when the pendulum swings again - and it will, be silly to think otherwise - Davion had Kurita at its mercy once before. Foolishly we were merciful. You seem to be gambling lot that such will never be the case again.

#31 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostValar13, on 01 February 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

That and most of our comp. players are still AWOL or on hiatus. I can count on one hand the number of people in my unit who consider themselves competitive players and still drop regularly.

Not a single person in the entirety of NKVA would use the word "competetive" to describe themselves.

#32 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:24 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 01 February 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Kurita has been getting utterly face rolled for about 2 months. About time things turned around for you, that's great. Overdue even. Just keep this in mind when the pendulum swings again - and it will, be silly to think otherwise - Davion had Kurita at its mercy once before. Foolishly we were merciful. You seem to be gambling lot that such will never be the case again.

I dunno, I think we've been doing a lot of the facerolling for the last week or so. After you went from 'you're going to be annihilated kurita' to 'you just had a lucky day to kurita' to 'you will regret this one day kurita, maybe' don't you think its time to just quit putting your foot in your mouth?

#33 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:24 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 01 February 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Not sure what having a home world legitimately threatened feels like. Perhaps you can tell us; Luthien is so far in csj territory than for was deep when cw started.

It's not a pendulum, fedrat. It's a train, and there are no brakes.

#34 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostSocop, on 01 February 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

I dunno, I think we've been doing a lot of the facerolling for the last week or so. After you went from 'you're going to be annihilated kurita' to 'you just had a lucky day to kurita' to 'you will regret this one day kurita, maybe' don't you think its time to just quit putting your foot in your mouth?

"haha kuritan idiots we'll show you next week/month/patch/year/when the sun grows so large it swallows the planet earth"

#35 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:29 PM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 01 February 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

It's not a pendulum, fedrat. It's a train, and there are no brakes.

I guess that means that for the first 45 days of CW, the train was stuck in the station, with its wheels off, and the conductor was drunk at the bar?

#36 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:35 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 01 February 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

I guess that means that for the first 45 days of CW, the train was stuck in the station, with its wheels off, and the conductor was drunk at the bar?

*hic* thickets pleash....

#37 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:44 PM

Don't get me wrong.
Strategically, Kurita is playing a great game, and it's no dissimilar to what Marik did.

Early on, we were getting our brains beat in by Davion, it was demoralizing.

So we took a week off, beat up on our weaker neighbor (Steiner) and this brought morale back up. After that (and the holiday break) we came back and were able to face the still overwhelming numbers of Davion to a standstill (8 days on Wazan, 3 days on Asuncion, rinse/repeat). Then when the time was right, we were able to take back what we lost.

Hopefully Kurita will learn from their successes and use it to face their tougher (at the moment) opponents to the north, and if they use the time to build respect from their opponents, and learn to respect them as well, they may find their defense queues filled with their on again/off again foes.

#38 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:51 PM

View PostSocop, on 01 February 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

It's been a good week for Kurita. Depending on everyone else it may be a couple more good weeks ahead.

The map though tells all the history on the subject that needs said. Csj and cgb are both so deep onto Kurita space it would take King Arthur to pull them back out.

In the long term the best thing Kurita as shown isn't just that they pulled together...

Its that if you have your boot at a kuritan throat, don't let up.

Keep coming. Wars are not won or lost in days or weeks but months and years.

#39 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:57 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 01 February 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

It's been a good week for Kurita. Depending on everyone else it may be a couple more good weeks ahead.

The map though tells all the history on the subject that needs said. Csj and cgb are both so deep onto Kurita space it would take King Arthur to pull them back out.

In the long term the best thing Kurita as shown isn't just that they pulled together...

Its that if you have your boot at a kuritan throat, don't let up.

Keep coming. Wars are not won or lost in days or weeks but months and years.

Unless you are the FRR. Then you have about 10 more days. ;)

#40 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostDavers, on 01 February 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

Unless you are the FRR. Then you have about 10 more days. ;)

Yeah, the FRR is the prime example of what happens when you're too proud to ask for help, mock those who want to help you, then belittle everyone for not helping you.

Edited by Roadbeer, 01 February 2015 - 03:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users