• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 01 February 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

I miss WoL.

Every time I go try to help beat Liao back down, a single tear rolls down my King Crab's face when it doesn't hear a chorus of "SQUAWK"s from the other side.

#62 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostSocop, on 01 February 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

I don't like the online people I shoot at and I like it that way

View PostRoadbeer, on 01 February 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

That wasn't very nice :mellow:

View PostSocop, on 01 February 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

I don't care because I'll shoot your legs off if I get the chance :P

View PostRoadbeer, on 01 February 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

Well you should be nice to your allies, one day you might need us.

View PostSocop, on 01 February 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

I still don't care what you say, I'm going to kick you in the cockpit once I shoot off your legs

*snigger* I just paraphrased a lot but it made me giggle :P

#63 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

One thing-

Davion broke Davion. We left. Marik was rolling us back before you showed up.

Don't take this the wrong way but... You bulked up when Davion was already tapped out. Don't mistake that for dome perpetual shift in population. You need Marik more than they need you.

Last time Kurita was down everyone else cut you a break. Admittedly I respect your Cortez approach - at this point if Kurita is ever NOT able to fight everyone on their border they need to expect to get kicked twice as hard when they are down.

No sarcasm here, I am sincerely curious to see how that plays out.

#64 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

View Postcranect, on 01 February 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Certainly we can find a King Arthur somewhere. Somebody has to have the name we just need to find him and make him lead the charge.

I have a King Arthur on my FL, he's an Aussie I think.

#65 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:53 PM

To clarify, when I say us I mean HK. Which both NS and NKVA are.

We understand that emotions run high in reading posts, NKVA understands this. That is why they throw in the broken English and random Korean bean samurai sigs.

Now if we read posts directed toward HK as a whole then we can all respond. Which I felt was appropriate in this case.

View PostMischiefSC, on 01 February 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

One thing-

Davion broke Davion. We left. Marik was rolling us back before you showed up.

Don't take this the wrong way but... You bulked up when Davion was already tapped out. Don't mistake that for dome perpetual shift in population. You need Marik more than they need you.

Last time Kurita was down everyone else cut you a break. Admittedly I respect your Cortez approach - at this point if Kurita is ever NOT able to fight everyone on their border they need to expect to get kicked twice as hard when they are down.

No sarcasm here, I am sincerely curious to see how that plays out.

Who cut us a break? Seriously are you seeing purple flying elephants right now?

#66 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostProphetic, on 01 February 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

To clarify, when I say us I mean HK. Which both NS and NKVA are.

We understand that emotions run high in reading posts, NKVA understands this. That is why they throw in the broken English and random Korean bean samurai sigs.

Now if we read posts directed toward HK as a whole then we can all respond. Which I felt was appropriate in this case.

Who cut us a break? Seriously are you seeing purple flying elephants right now?

I can't speak for every Davion pug, nor every AFFS unit, but I know the Rangers, 22AL, and AW at the very least called an in-unit ceasefire because it didn't seem fair to pick off your rear guard while you were having to put so much effort into both invading clans.

The last Kurita world we fought for was New Aberdeen or Misery almost 2.5 weeks ago now.

#67 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

Well, of the units you mentioned, only 22AL abided by your talk.

RRB, AW, HHOD and ACES were consistently defended against.

All I know is that HK did not spend resources on attacking Davion. In fact NS had received flak for repelling Davion border planets on some occasions.

Edited by Prophetic, 01 February 2015 - 04:06 PM.

#68 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

View PostProphetic, on 01 February 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

Well, of the units you mentioned, only 22AL abided by your talk.

RRB, AW and ACES were consistently defended against.

All I know is that HK did not spend resources on attacking Davion. In fact NS had received flak for repelling Davion border planets on some occasions.

If RRB was doing so, I wasn't there for it and I can't account for it, and it could only have been due to a miscommunication between units of different time zones. I was consistently in drops where people were talked out of doing so when they thought we could catch you with your pants down. I have been in well-nigh every primary 12-man we have deployed and I have not fought a single battle against Kurita until the past week or so.

#69 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:10 PM

We spent weeks leaving Kurita alone or helping on the border (back when it mattered).

We took 3x the Liao worlds we took from Kurita. That wasn't because you had 3x more players.

No worries. Kurita is in a place similar to where Davion was a month ago. Hitting your stride, got your comps all lined up, everyone on your border is struggling and it seems like you can roll over in bed and take planets.

We have very different long game strategies though. We'll see how it plays out.

#70 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 01 February 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

I guess that means that for the first 45 days of CW, the train was stuck in the station, with its wheels off, and the conductor was drunk at the bar?

Yes, as a matter of fact. For a large period of time NS was the only active unit Kurita really had in CW. Now that's over. Choo choo.

Edited by ChefGerstmann, 01 February 2015 - 04:23 PM.

#71 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 01 February 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

Yes, as a matter of fact. For a large period of time NS was the only active unit Kurita really had in CW. Now that's over. Choo choo.

+ european effort was pointless before

Edited by Reitmeier, 01 February 2015 - 04:23 PM.

#72 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:26 PM

LOL is the guy from RRB actually claiming they never called NS anything but bad? Really? Should i go through my screen shots and post up the pics were RRB got trashed by us and was accusing our members of aim botting and all that other ****?

The long story short is....Kurita had the lowest number of active units when CW launched, placed in a section of the map fighting the most fronts out of any other faction with the exception of FRR. From the clan perspective there was a big push to re-create the 3050 canon invasion corridor. Kurita's previous situation has nothing to do with the current situation. Our units have formed up, and are active now, the progress we have achieved isnt a "gift" from others. Im not sure where this mentality of "we didnt attack you when you were weak, so you should take it easy on us". You didnt attack because you were too busy killing Liao and you knew we were too busy with the Jags. Dont worry about Kuritias situation, we will retake the lost worlds while conquering new ones. Those who look at HK and see the faction we were a month ago are foolish.

Edited by SteelWarrior, 01 February 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#73 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 01 February 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

We appreciate the acknowledgement.

To be fair we did have 9th Sword and 6NRT around when they could be. Those were usually good days.

Now faction invite has just made things so much easier to get together and interact.
Even our Euro guys stay well past their bedtime to join up and continue helping. Btw being in a group full of Germans yelling at you just makes you feel b4da$$.

I will say that NS are a different breed when it comes to CW. Fanatics is prob too soft a word. NKVA Will be there soon at their current rate.

#74 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:37 PM

View PostProphetic, on 01 February 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

We appreciate the acknowledgement.

To be fair we did have 9th Sword and 6NRT around when they could be. Those were usually good days.

Now faction invite has just made things so much easier to get together and interact.
Even our Euro guys stay well past their bedtime to join up and continue helping. Btw being in a group full of Germans yelling at you just makes you feel b4da$$.

I will say that NS are a different breed when it comes to CW. Fanatics is prob too soft a word. NKVA Will be there soon at their current rate.

We owe quite a bit to 9th sword as well for their initial help, but I'd say NKVA are more than anything, the result of a lot of new players injected into the game with NS as their mentors.

#75 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:38 PM

View PostProphetic, on 01 February 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

Still waiting for you^^

#76 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostValar13, on 01 February 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

You know, SteelWarrior, I have nothing but respect for 99% of the people in Kurita, but as for you...

At first I found you profoundly annoying, but as I read more of your posts in my topics and in reply to friendly banter I engage in in the forums with your side's units, the tremendous hostility and nigh-pathological sense of your own superiority you put off gives me the impression that MWO is kind of all you have going for you in life. And I kinda feel bad for you.

Somehow I will continue to draw air into my lungs without your respect.

*Dropships inbound to Robinson.

#77 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostSteelWarrior, on 01 February 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

Somehow I will continue to draw air into my lungs without your respect.

*Dropships inbound to Robinson.

You never had it, and you made do. I'm sure it won't hurt you. I just get the impression you're a hard person to like, if your real-life persona is as overbearing and unlikeable as you are in-game.

Edited by Valar13, 01 February 2015 - 04:42 PM.

#78 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:42 PM

View PostValar13, on 01 February 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

There's a difference between wanting to succeed, playing to win, and taking the color someone wears in a game to be equivalent to a value judgment on that person.

I'm a fairly competitive player and even I still have the perspective that it is at the end of the day *just* a game that everyone is here to enjoy. If there were no competition, no OPFOR, there's no game to be had. I think "hating" someone because you spend 4-8 hours a day shooting them in virtual robots is a bit far.

Hate is an inappropriate word. Nobody in NKVA is here to make your life miserable or to hold you in spite for your behavior in a video game. What we're here for is to have a laugh at your expense and not pull any punches about it. We're not here to hold hands and sing kumbayah and post GG and smilies and salutes and hold people to some false pretense of politeness that doesn't exist in your day-to-day life. We're not high schoolers shaking hands after a football game. We're the guys stealing your mascot. There is no hatred, no animosity, no maliciousness, no begrudging. But the idea that if somebody razzes on you, the only rational response is to shame them for it is just silly. Everyone here is (presumably) an adult. They can handle a flood of clowns quoting the mechwarrior 3 intro at them.

View PostMischiefSC, on 01 February 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

What really kills me is how long it took to recognize the Goons 2.0 unit. NKVA is a pretty witty choice for some mwo randoms and you all showed up with a matching schtick, selling the benefits of antisocial behavior and being anti-conformist conformists.

Swing and a miss. That's FLJK.

#79 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:43 PM

View PostValar13, on 01 February 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

You never had it, and you made do. I'm sure it won't hurt you. I just get the impression you're a hard person to like, if your real-life persona is as overbearing and unlikeable as you are in-game.

LOL. Making uneducated guesses about someones life style makes you a winner on the interweb. Continue to do so, it pleases me.

#80 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

Fedcom Rat, Clanner Dog, it's all the same. Dear Coordinator spits on playing nice with inferior cultures. Ha Ha Ha,

When Dear Coordinator's forces take Robinson will the Rangers serve us?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users