Can We Please Focus Here?

120 replies to this topic

#81 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:46 PM

Apparently my post was modded out. Sorry if that goes against name/shame somehow, even if it's in a thread that provides an excellent example.

View PostSteelWarrior, on 01 February 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

LOL. Making uneducated guesses about someones life style makes you a winner on the interweb. Continue to do so, it pleases me.

Nah, I'm done with you and will just ignore you from now on. I'm too old for manchildren who take imaginary factions so seriously that they keep records of every slight, real or imagined, so they can rub it in later, even against someone who has no control over what others say and do.

Edited by Valar13, 01 February 2015 - 04:46 PM.

#82 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:47 PM

View PostProphetic, on 01 February 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

We don't want your help if your going to cry for thank yous every ceasefire.
Everyone knows we need each other and work toward a common goal.

Let's just do it.

NS consistently surprises me by being not only one of the most skilled units I've seen in this game, but seemingly the only guys outside of Marik or a merc unit with a sense of humor and skin thicker than a plastic shopping bag. Thanks, proph.

#83 Coordinator Toxic Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:48 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Sakamoto Maaya, 01 February 2015 - 04:50 PM.

#84 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:50 PM

Wait, what my real life have to do with this? We have laugh about how Davion rats must die in game, etc. etc., but why try to insult poster real life that you know nothing about? For instance, would be very easy for me call you humorless Border Patrol flunkie, but how I know that is so?

Pointless. Not good forum warfare.

#85 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:50 PM

View PostReitmeier, on 01 February 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

+ european effort was pointless before

Correct. Sorry if it seemed like I was leaving you guys out. Dear coordinator loves all his children equally.

#86 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

View PostTasker, on 01 February 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

Wait, what my real life have to do with this? We have laugh about how Davion rats must die in game, etc. etc., but why try to insult poster real life that you know nothing about? For instance, would be very easy for me call you humorless Border Patrol flunkie, but how I know that is so?

Pointless. Not good forum warfare.

Because a little well-earned trash talk is one thing, but TinfoilWarrior here does two things that are entirely different:

-Couldn't take a joke if a joke was a pill that cured cancer
-Always seems REAL MAD about something, though I'm still not sure exactly what it is. Maybe a Davion loyalist touched him inappropriately? We have laws against that, and we're happy to prosecute.

#87 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 01 February 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

Dear coordinator loves all his children equally.

but only after the last patch :D

#88 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostValar13, on 01 February 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

Because a little well-earned trash talk is one thing, but TinfoilWarrior here does two things that are entirely different:

-Always seems REAL MAD about something, though I'm still not sure exactly what it is. Maybe a Davion loyalist touched him inappropriately? We have laws against that, and we're happy to prosecute.

Apologies, but would be very easy for me to make similar points about many Davion posters. Maybe easier to accept that we here to have fun and fight, and game need villains, neh? Battletech from 1980s, many American very afraid of Japan in 1980s. Kurita natural villains, why not here?

#89 Coordinator Toxic Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

View PostValar13, on 01 February 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

Posted Image

#90 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

View PostValar13, on 01 February 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

Apparently my post was modded out. Sorry if that goes against name/shame somehow, even if it's in a thread that provides an excellent example.

Nah, I'm done with you and will just ignore you from now on. I'm too old for manchildren who take imaginary factions so seriously that they keep records of every slight, real or imagined, so they can rub it in later, even against someone who has no control over what others say and do.

lol modded out. Sure you didnt just go back and delete it like usual? Whats imaginary about them? If you can see it with your own eyes, then its not imaginary is it? I think what you meant to say is "fictional factions".

And accusing me of being mad, your the one that posts threads in every factions forums trying to talk them into waging war on Kurita. lol

Edited by SteelWarrior, 01 February 2015 - 04:57 PM.

#91 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:59 PM

View PostTasker, on 01 February 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

Apologies, but would be very easy for me to make similar points about many Davion posters. Maybe easier to accept that we here to have fun and fight, and game need villains, neh? Battletech from 1980s, many American very afraid of Japan in 1980s. Kurita natural villains, why not here?

And I've called a few of them out when I've seen it. I'm not inconsistent. I don't really get into forum RP much anymore, at least not seriously.

View PostSteelWarrior, on 01 February 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

lol modded out. Sure you didnt just go back and delete it like usual? Whats imaginary about them? If you can see it with your own eyes, then its not imaginary is it? I think what you meant to say is "fictional factions".

Yes, fictional. Thanks for showing your third annoying trait, that being semantic pedantry. You knew what I meant. Everyone here knew what I meant.

And I'm happy to post it again until I get a warning for doing so if you honestly think you know the reasons why I've deleted any of the things that I've deleted.

View PostChefGerstmann, on 01 February 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

Hate is an inappropriate word. Nobody in NKVA is here to make your life miserable or to hold you in spite for your behavior in a video game. What we're here for is to have a laugh at your expense and not pull any punches about it. We're not here to hold hands and sing kumbayah and post GG and smilies and salutes and hold people to some false pretense of politeness that doesn't exist in your day-to-day life. We're not high schoolers shaking hands after a football game. We're the guys stealing your mascot. There is no hatred, no animosity, no maliciousness, no begrudging. But the idea that if somebody razzes on you, the only rational response is to shame them for it is just silly. Everyone here is (presumably) an adult. They can handle a flood of clowns quoting the mechwarrior 3 intro at them.

Swing and a miss. That's FLJK.

Die, Clanner.

Edited by Valar13, 01 February 2015 - 04:58 PM.

#92 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:59 PM

Ladies, you're both pretty.

#93 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

You know, SteelWarrior, I have nothing but respect for 99% of the people in Kurita, but as for you...

At first I found you profoundly annoying, but as I read more of your posts in my topics and in reply to friendly banter I engage in in the forums with your side's units, the tremendous hostility and nigh-pathological sense of your own superiority you put off gives me the impression that MWO is kind of all you have going for you in life. And I kinda feel bad for you.

Reposting for SteelWarrior's benefit. Feel free to mod it out again if need be.

View PostSteelWarrior, on 01 February 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

And accusing me of being mad, your the one that posts threads in every factions forums trying to talk them into waging war on Kurita. lol

In Steiner, aka our ally faction - Steiner's forum. You're absurd.

View PostRoadbeer, on 01 February 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

Ladies, you're both pretty.

It's fine, he's clearly been itching for a forum fight for weeks. Maybe in a few rounds of giving him what he wants he'll finally break and tell me all about how his daddy never hugged him, I will accept him as my surrogate son, and we will ride into the sunset together.

Edited by Valar13, 01 February 2015 - 05:02 PM.

#94 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:06 PM

Valar, please answer my question. When Dear Coordinator conquers Robinson, will the Rangers fight for him?

#95 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

View Posthopterque, on 01 February 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

Valar, please answer my question. When Dear Coordinator conquers Robinson, will the Rangers fight for him?

I'm gonna be on 'Mech cleaning duty until Task Force Serpent hits for this, but at the moment most of the Rangers aren't fighting for anyone.

Edited by Valar13, 01 February 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#96 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:08 PM

I'd like it to be known that a number of NKVA players have cited Steelwarrior as one of our favorite NS players for his outstanding conduct in forum warfare. Maybe I should ask Iraqiwarrior if he has a medal for that.

#97 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:12 PM

Well let us hope you actually queue in defense of Robinson Valar. Because I will happily head hunt your mech for that entire match, and all that will need be said, will be said from the barrels of my Meta-bolt. And you can call me an aim bot hacker like the rest of your clan as much as you wish afterwards.

#98 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:17 PM

View PostSteelWarrior, on 01 February 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

Well let us hope you actually queue in defense of Robinson Valar. Because I will happily head hunt your mech for that entire match, and all that will need be said, will be said from the barrels of my Meta-bolt. And you can call me an aim bot hacker like the rest of your clan as much as you wish afterwards.

I'll be more than happy to duel you down in a 'Mech of your choice between my Centurion AH, Jager-DD, or KGC-000b, if that's what you want and no one else interferes.

Though I admit, I'd prefer a flat-out brawl to settle this, if you're looking for an e-peen debate settlement.

In fact, I'd even be down for a private match right now to do so. Certainly seems the two of us have issues that need working out.

Edited by Valar13, 01 February 2015 - 05:15 PM.

#99 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

View PostProphetic, on 01 February 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

We appreciate the acknowledgement.

To be fair we did have 9th Sword and 6NRT around when they could be. Those were usually good days.

Now faction invite has just made things so much easier to get together and interact.
Even our Euro guys stay well past their bedtime to join up and continue helping. Btw being in a group full of Germans yelling at you just makes you feel b4da$$.

I will say that NS are a different breed when it comes to CW. Fanatics is prob too soft a word. NKVA Will be there soon at their current rate.

wait....did Proph just admit that the 6RNT helped?

#100 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

We can make it a best 3 out of 4 to better simulate CW conditions and in case I accidentally headshot you in the opening pass.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users