#61 Piddles

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostDavers, on 03 February 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

Yes, we did notice that Liao is getting larger every day. :D

Yup, TCAF is committed and pretty good. Also Liao groups are finally benefiting from the multiple CW windows, I've seen multiple 12 mans dropping for them every morning/early afternoon (EST time). Not complaining, whining or making excuses - i'm glad more people get to play now, and when we've been able to get online we've only been able to win barely half of our fights.

#62 MerlinKhan777

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 February 2015 - 11:59 PM, said:

It's a false flag thing. If Steiner takes back the last couple of stolen worlds no AFFS unit is, to the best of my knowledge, going to stop them. It's an unfortunate waste of time for Steiner but it happens.

Die Planeten gehört uns. Wir hören Sie auf.

Posted Image

#63 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:53 AM

The second sentence makes no sense.

#64 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:06 AM

I think they meant "We listen too" instead of "We listen to." That makes more sense, somewhat.

#65 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:13 PM

I think he wanted to say "The planets belong to us. [now] We stop you".

Edited by Molossian Dog, 04 February 2015 - 03:14 PM.

#66 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:15 PM

Everyone is dodging around the real question. Why isn't everyone attacking Steiner?

#67 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:20 PM

Because the Dave is basking in his self-image of saving a ...damsel... in distress and the Dracs are busy.

#68 Nainko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 815 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostValar13, on 02 February 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

**** it, people. I'm tired of this coming up. Please stop.

Because everybody does. And we are tired to even try to defend any planets.

Kurita is attacking Steiner, instead defending their terretory against Clans.
FRR is attacking Steiner instead of defending their already very small territory against the Clans.
Marik is attacking Steiner instead of defending Clan attacks at FRR or Kurita Terretory.
Now some FS people attack Steiner instead of defending Clan attacks.

Steiner is loosing up to 8 Planets every day to all fronsts, because everybody is attacking them.

We tried to hold the ground against Jadefalcon and Wulf in the beginning of the Beta and concentrated on that. With an eye on FRR and Kurita, I still have to say we are doing pretty good!

But we lack Motivation in defending the Inner sphere from Clans, when the rest of the IS concentrates on Steiner planets instead of defending the Clans.

I would call Marik and FS to start defending FRR and Kurita instead attacking Steiner.

The Situation as it is, is only good for the Clans. IS will loose because we beat up ourselfes...
But that is the peoples nature. Only care for the short success, even if they ghost drop complete planets.

I already gave up to this. And I am not even a little angry with JD. I simply do not care anymore, and play normal games again instead of CW

#69 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

View Poststrikebrch, on 02 February 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

Say what ?! XD XD XD

For every planet you conquer from us you lose 3 by the clans so good luck with that ;)

In case you haven't heard, there isn't anything we can do about that. Steiners have a similar experience on their border. Organized units will line up attack victories over and over again to watch the percentage on the planet they are attacking either do nothing or even decrease. Its a waste of time with how everything is set up right now.

#70 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostNainko, on 04 February 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

Marik is attacking Steiner instead of defending Clan attacks at FRR or Kurita Terretory.

Actually, we do both. Take a Steiner planet THEN help Kurita and the FRR.

Its called Multi-tasking.

Seriously though, have you guys considered maybe a centralized command and TS server. Seems to me that you guys are all over the place.

We've even heard from Davion, "If you find a point of contact with Steiner, could you let us know? We'd like to talk about that whole FedCom thing."

#71 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 04 February 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

In case you haven't heard, there isn't anything we can do about that. Steiners have a similar experience on their border. Organized units will line up attack victories over and over again to watch the percentage on the planet they are attacking either do nothing or even decrease. Its a waste of time with how everything is set up right now.

Yes and no. If you attack you can wagon-wheel worlds with them, grinding it to a stand still. That is what Davion did with Marik for a month. The whole Wazan thing; probably close to 1,000 total drops there back and forth as it repeatedly changed hands.

If you guys are actually winning most the time against csj you should at the very least grind their advance to a halt. If you almost always win you should slowly be taking planets back as you win out on averages.

#72 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:08 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 February 2015 - 03:57 PM, said:

Yes and no. If you attack you can wagon-wheel worlds with them, grinding it to a stand still. That is what Davion did with Marik for a month. The whole Wazan thing; probably close to 1,000 total drops there back and forth as it repeatedly changed hands.

If you guys are actually winning most the time against csj you should at the very least grind their advance to a halt. If you almost always win you should slowly be taking planets back as you win out on averages.

It doesn't work that way. We have had a couple groups winning EVERY time and still losing ticks on the planets. That's why no one wants to spend time there. I'd love to, but I am constantly told that it won't do any good so our groups almost never go there. I think Davion may have had comparable numbers with Marik in that instance, different experience up North. Remember, the Clan border attracts pugs from all over the IS, most of the time they aren't very good and yield quick victories for the attackers.

Believe me, I would much rather fight the Clan front, if it meant something.

#73 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:21 PM

You're misunderstanding.

If anyone understands the concept of Stalemate in CW, it's Marik / Davion.

You should NEVER be defending. Ever. When Marik/Dave was at it's peak, we got into the never ending wheel of planets because we stopped defending ourselves and would constantly attack each others planets, forcing one to HAVE to defend, eventually, but Marik would ALWAYS attack until we had the forces to do both. But we would never commit forces to defend unless we had the planet locked up.

Yes, you have the Call to Arms to contend with, what you should be doing is attacking, period. Pretend you have nobody in the queue defending and that you're willing to swap planets. Force the clans to decide if the plant is worth loosing and make them defend. Because they're being defended by the Clan PUGs too.

#74 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:33 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 04 February 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

It doesn't work that way. We have had a couple groups winning EVERY time and still losing ticks on the planets. That's why no one wants to spend time there. I'd love to, but I am constantly told that it won't do any good so our groups almost never go there. I think Davion may have had comparable numbers with Marik in that instance, different experience up North. Remember, the Clan border attracts pugs from all over the IS, most of the time they aren't very good and yield quick victories for the attackers.

Believe me, I would much rather fight the Clan front, if it meant something.

No non-faction pugs get into your attack queue and most pugs even in faction borders go defense queues. Attack queues are only your own people.

So you attack cgb/csj and take one while they take one of yours. You end up trading worlds, then trying to take back the on you just lost. You ignore your defense queue and focus the attack queue. If your attack world is 80%+ you maybe try to roll some heat off your defensive world, if only to draw more enemies there but you focus on taking a world every cf.

That is 100% your own people, nobody else can pug there. You win offense every cf and its a wash. Every time the enemy doesn't show for a cycle or can't pull the win you move a world ahead.

Tiring but it works. If you can consistently beat csj though it would net you worlds back

#75 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:55 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 February 2015 - 04:33 PM, said:

No non-faction pugs get into your attack queue and most pugs even in faction borders go defense queues. Attack queues are only your own people.

So you attack cgb/csj and take one while they take one of yours. You end up trading worlds, then trying to take back the on you just lost. You ignore your defense queue and focus the attack queue. If your attack world is 80%+ you maybe try to roll some heat off your defensive world, if only to draw more enemies there but you focus on taking a world every cf.

That is 100% your own people, nobody else can pug there. You win offense every cf and its a wash. Every time the enemy doesn't show for a cycle or can't pull the win you move a world ahead.

Tiring but it works. If you can consistently beat csj though it would net you worlds back

This is true for a controlled IS vs IS environment. It is not the same on the clan border.

Look to our recent success even vs a larger Davion pop.

Clans will rotate to any border attacked with more then double your numbers almost instantaneously.
Forget the fact that our worlds are already capped at 100% 4 hours before ceasefire.
Forget the fact that CSJ is stacked with organized units and don't lose quickly.
Forget the fact that Kurita pugs, which refuse to use TS to this day, will follow the blinking attack msg.
Forget all of that.

We simply lack the daily numbers to field an effective attack vs them. That's the bottom line.

#76 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

Okay.. I see what you meant by wagon wheeling now. Defending is not worth it we agree. But even on the attack, eventually we win matches and then magically lose ticks.. it happens, I am not making it up. I see what you are saying and it should work, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be a lucrative endeavor unless we have at least 3 12-mans which is only available once in a while/on weekends.

Like I said, I would love to be focusing on Clans but we want progress and there is no progress to be had in clan space when we only have 1 or 2 groups on.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 04 February 2015 - 05:01 PM.

#77 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:15 PM

View PostNainko, on 04 February 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

Because everybody does. And we are tired to even try to defend any planets.

Kurita is attacking Steiner, instead defending their terretory against Clans.
FRR is attacking Steiner instead of defending their already very small territory against the Clans.
Now some FS people attack Steiner instead of defending Clan attacks.

Steiner is loosing up to 8 Planets every day to all fronsts, because everybody is attacking them.

We tried to hold the ground against Jadefalcon and Wulf in the beginning of the Beta and concentrated on that. With an eye on FRR and Kurita, I still have to say we are doing pretty good!

But we lack Motivation in defending the Inner sphere from Clans, when the rest of the IS concentrates on Steiner planets instead of defending the Clans.

I would call Marik and FS to start defending FRR and Kurita instead attacking Steiner.

The Situation as it is, is only good for the Clans. IS will loose because we beat up ourselfes...
But that is the peoples nature. Only care for the short success, even if they ghost drop complete planets.

I already gave up to this. And I am not even a little angry with JD. I simply do not care anymore, and play normal games again instead of CW

Honestly if the entire CW experience is the Clans attacking and taking planets, and the rest of the entire IS forced to just defend FRR/Steiner/Kurita then I am out. Sorry. I didn't sign up with Marik because I wanted to fight everyone else's battles.

#78 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 04 February 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

Okay.. I see what you meant by wagon wheeling now. Defending is not worth it we agree. But even on the attack, eventually we win matches and then magically lose ticks.. it happens, I am not making it up. I see what you are saying and it should work, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be a lucrative endeavor unless we have at least 3 12-mans which is only available once in a while/on weekends.

Like I said, I would love to be focusing on Clans but we want progress and there is no progress to be had in clan space when we only have 1 or 2 groups on.

Makes more sense. You have more people than Davion though, at least right now. Many nights we've been peaking a 36 or so acroa all borders. Also we're effectively pugging, 2 or 3 people from different units. Effectively we're pugging against 12mans and it's not going well.

I suspect what's happening on your clan border is similar. Kurita has a couple great units who likely win the majority of their matches. However other Kurita units are not as effective also your own pugs.

Best recommendation is to actually restrict drops on attack queue to your most effective units, then be quick at shifting your others up near the end of cf if there are few defenders.

#79 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:36 PM

One of our major problems as HK is our faction pugs seeing 2 or 3 12mans lining up to attack Clans and then all jumping in on the same queue. They then refuse to coordinate with each other on our TS and get torched by Clan 12mans or Clan pugs. Clan pugs generally have better decks than IS, simply because they have fewer options and the choices are more forgiving.

So we've jumped onto the IS vs IS game because it works slightly better as our pugs and other IS pugs are roughly in the same boat.

#80 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 04 February 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

One of our major problems as HK is our faction pugs seeing 2 or 3 12mans lining up to attack Clans and then all jumping in on the same queue. They then refuse to coordinate with each other on our TS and get torched by Clan 12mans or Clan pugs. Clan pugs generally have better decks than IS, simply because they have fewer options and the choices are more forgiving.

So we've jumped onto the IS vs IS game because it works slightly better as our pugs and other IS pugs are roughly in the same boat.

Understand this one completely. You get people who don't want/like certain tactics or who 'get bored' when trying to attrition down the enemy and run in to suicide or who decide to go solo up on a ramp 'to help snipe' while the rest of your team is making a slow push up Beta, etc. etc.

Totally understand. My only major objection was the idea that Kurita wins all the time against CSJ when attacking but still loses. If that's the case then you'd do best sticking to attack queue and wagon-wheeling them down.

If however you're finding you just don't have the manpower to beat CSJ in attacks, well, fair enough. At this point I guess all you can do is hope Davion stays low population.

Not that Kurita is any stranger to being in a difficult situation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users