184 replies to this topic

#1 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:03 PM

FOURTH TITLE CHANGE: TUKAYYID's Defenders Fail Her People: After initial reports were analyzed it was possible to recreate how precisely a gamer could defend a PGI-tagged Tukayyid:

Posted Image

As you can see, only the Factionless, aka Lone Wolves, could queue up in Defense of Tukayyid. The maximum number of Lone Wolf Defenders occurred during the first Hour of tonight's Oceanic-cycle resulting in the defense of only one sector (Sector 2) on the planet - a drop of 12-lone Wolves against a very strong CSJ Faction Drop.

Paul though quickly came online to set the record straight: https://twitter.com/...567461901860864

While it is expected CSJ will gain a world for the effort of capturing a planet to 80%, it remains to be seen! just which planet PGI will substitute for this FIFTH BATTLE OF TUKAYYID,

FOURTH TITLE CHANGE: PGI TAKES OWNERSHIP OF TUKAYYID, In the past day, PGI when ahead and changed the Faction icon for Tukayyid:
Posted Image

Only one other planet of the more than 2240-planets in the known BattleTech/MWT:CW Universe is held in trust by PGI:
Posted Image

Rumor is rampant as to what this could mean: http://www.reddit.co...kayyid/#cow9poh

Indication of Russ' intent were telegraphed during the 19FEB town-hall: http://www.reddit.co...notes_219_live/

EXERPT FOLLOWS:
"(Q19: Cion What are the chances of seeing CW events like a big battle of Tukayyid and how would they work? (weekend event?, CW map changes, effects, rewards, etc. Etc.)
A19: Wants a big fight at Tukayyid... All IS vs. All Clan for control. Nice simple conclusion before a reset. Calls out Staff... need to talk about this."

As I recall it Russ spoke of looking into a 100-Sector Climactic Battle, pitting ALl Clans on the one side verses all Inner Sphere One the other.

Either way something is occurring on the PGI world of Tukayyid.

What precisely IT is has yet to be revealed.

THIRD TITLE CHANGE: TUKAYYID HAS FALLEN, as was expected by Clan Elders the weakness of low gamer population during the Euro-cycle has indeed led to a vulnerability on Tukayyid. It was this that was the proximate cause of Clan failures during the Fourth Battle of Tukayyid.

SECOND TITLE CHANGE: ALERT! TUKAYYID UNDER ATTACK, the Fourth Battle of Tukayyid Begins. Coverage of this Battle begins on: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4206330

FIRST TITLE CHANGE: Clans Win The Third Battle Of Tukayyid (previously the tile was The Battle of Tukayyid) What follows below is the original OP, http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4187727 is a link to the first report on the THIRD Battle of Tukayyid.

BREAK BREAK BREAK

Unexpectedly the current Oceanic-cycle has seen Turkayyid selected as the Clan Smoke Jaguar - FRR Liberation Objective: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Tukayyid

Site of the climactic and pivotal Battle of Tukayyid (http://www.sarna.net...tle_of_Tukayyid),

Lore would have you believe:
"...conflict on this planet was a turning point during the Clan Invasion of the Inner Sphere. After the Com Guards defeated a combined force of the Clans, the Truce of Tukayyid forbade the Clans from advancing past the planet Tukayyid for the next fifteen years. The battle began on May 1, 3052 and ended May 20, 3052."

Tonight, Lore has been replaced with:
"...conflict on this planet was a turning point during the Clan Invasion of the Inner Sphere. No Com Guards Package has yet been released by PGI. Absent the superiority of Com Guard Tech, Tactics and leadership, only hastily raised FRR and Inner Sphere Common Defenders were on hand to defend this Jewel of BattleTech Lore. Battle has been joined, with Inner Sphere defenders now hotly engaged with Vanguard elements of Clan Smoke Jaguar.

There shall be no Truce of Tukayyid.

There will be no fifteen years hiatus to the Clan Drive on Terra.

The Battle for Tukayyid begins tonight, February 3, 3052... and ends in 8-hours."

The Clans triumphant.

BREAK BREAK BREAK

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 28 February 2015 - 01:32 AM.

#2 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:11 PM

Thought I'd drop by and join the last ditch defense. Kinda my thing.

#3 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:23 PM

What is the point? I have lost every game VS clans I've played in the last two weeks. The outcome is predetermined, whether it happens this cycle or next, CSJ will take it.

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:41 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 02 February 2015 - 11:23 PM, said:

What is the point? I have lost every game VS clans I've played in the last two weeks. The outcome is predetermined, whether it happens this cycle or next, CSJ will take it.

Warriors defeated before they reach the battlefield will find their armies defeated after the battles are fought and over. Now is the time to rise up on behalf of the Innersphere, stand proudly, and hold back the Clan Invasion in its unrelenting drive toward our Home. Terra is at stake, giving up is not an option.

Any solo pilots who are interested in participating in organised defenses are urged to contact me for more information until higher authorities are present.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:43 PM

All your plants are belong to us.

:P

Seriously though, I saw that planet name, and I thought..

WE'RE HEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:P

#6 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:52 PM

Winning...

Losing...

It matters not.

Tomorrow and for all days to come, IF YOU FIGHT TONIGHT, you will be among the few to say you were there...

...at Tukayyid, without Com Guard packages, fighting the good and honorable fight.

I would see you take the field against us (CSJ) as a fellow gamer sharing in PGI's carefully crafted Beta. Our experiences during this Beta, if submitted as feedback to PGI will ensure CW Launch in the Spring/Summer is a successful event and a better, more enjoyable experience.

#7 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:36 AM

To give full firsthand account I participated throughout this just-concluded Oceanic cycle's CSJ liberation effort on the FRR planet of Tukayyid, so as to now better summarize it for you...

Word flew fast and furious among Clan Smoke Jaguar Units that today's Oceanic Cycle objective would be the renown FRR Planet of Tukayyid. Facebook, Unit website, email, text, phone, physical runners, and no doubt many additional means were used to roust ALL Jaguar Trothkin who would / could participate in this very special moment for MWO CW Beta.

Clan Smoke Jaguar Unit Commanders unanimously and independently choose to forgo even a single attack on tonight's (EST) Oceanic Cycle's House Kurita Liberation objective of Pilkua, in favor of 100% CSJ focus on Tukayyid.

And these decisions were proven wise, as the Inner Sphere swiftly rose in heroic defense of Tukayyid. With Defender numbers likely unseen in Oceanic Combat, twinned-60+ queues predominated for much of the first 3-hours of combat.

I salute all Smoke Jaguars who participated in the Battle of Tukayyid, from the initial breech in Sector One by a 5-man 228 (and associated Soloists and 2-man teams, of which I proudly number myself) to the final struggle to secure Sector Fifteen with a 6-man DERP (and associated Soloist and 2-man teams, of which I proudly number myself.)

I likewise salute all Inner Sphere Defenders (of which FRR predominated) who were able to game in Defence of. Tukayyid. The matches were competitive, enjoyable and in-game /chat conduct was for the most part, exemplary from all involved.

Throughout this unique and noteworthy Liberation effort, Clan Smoke Jaguar exerted sure and steady pressure, (unless I am mistaken, and a specific watch was maintain on this potentiality) never once losing a sector after it was captured. All 15 Sectors were liberated within the first four-hours of the Oceanic Cycle. Queues often exceeded 60, which can be a rarity during the Oceanic Cycle and gives evidence of the recognized importance of the battle underway.

For 90-minutes once all sectors had been secured, Inner Sphere counterattacking forces continued to hurl themselves against Clan Smoke Jaguar defenses, in a striking example of self-sacrifice... for the only game mode available to "Defenders" once a planet reaches 100%, is the "Counterattack" mode.

Defense after Defense proved successful... eventually wearing down even the 12-man RFF Faction Drop I had the honor to drop against 4 times (much respect for your endurance and skill!.)

No effort was made by the Inner Sphere to recapture Tukayyid during the last 90-minutes of the Oceanic Cycle, as exhausted Defenders no doubt decided it would be better to avoid Counterattacks and await the expected RFF chance to recapture Tukayyid during the upcoming Euro-cycle.

(Personal exhaustion was a factor as well, as I well recall waking up at one point late in the seventh hour, 48-minutes deep into a nearly zeroed out queue for Tukayyid. The above account was drawn from notes and screen captures taken throughout the cycle, it may contain errors and for this I apologize in advance. If anyone has corrections, please provide them to me for review and I will make appropriate edits.)

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 03 February 2015 - 05:58 AM.

#8 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:45 AM

Praise the Jaguar - they found a rift in the space-time continuum.
They are able to fix the misake made by PGI a year ago - hit the clock we are back in 3052.

OK where is my ******* Bandersnatch?
want to double gauss + tripple missile and hexa laser those Clans

Edited by Karl Streiger, 03 February 2015 - 05:46 AM.

#9 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:50 AM

Congrats on Tukkayid, seems an anti-climactic event somehow.

Maybe Comguard will offer a challenge to the Clans on a different planet seeing as MWO CW is not following lore?

It could have made for an epic weekend competition to determine the battle for Tukkayid with various prizes and diary related cockpit items that could have been presented for such an infamous planet from lore from the Clans perspective.

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:54 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 02 February 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

BREAK BREAK BREAK

Unexpectedly the current Oceanic-cycle has seen Turkayyid selected as the Clan Smoke Jaguar - FRR Liberation Objective: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Tukayyid

Site of the climactic and pivotal Battle of Tukayyid (http://www.sarna.net...tle_of_Tukayyid),

Lore would have you believe:
"...conflict on this planet was a turning point during the Clan Invasion of the Inner Sphere. After the Com Guards defeated a combined force of the Clans, the Truce of Tukayyid forbade the Clans from advancing past the planet Tukayyid for the next fifteen years. The battle began on May 1, 3052 and ended May 20, 3052."

Tonight, Lore has been replaced with:
"...conflict on this planet was a turning point during the Clan Invasion of the Inner Sphere. No Com Guards Package has yet been released by PGI. Absent the superiority of Com Guard Tech, Tactics and leadership, only hastily raised FRR and Inner Sphere Common Defenders were on hand to defend this Jewel of BattleTech Lore. Battle has been joined, with Inner Sphere defenders now hotly engaged with Vanguard elements of Clan Smoke Jaguar.

There shall be no Truce of Tukayyid.

There will be no fifteen years hiatus to the Clan Drive on Terra.

The Battle for Tukayyid begins tonight, February 3, 3052... and ends in 8-hours."

The Clans triumphant.

BREAK BREAK BREAK

8 hours from now? 6 hours till end of work shift.

8 hours from 2 am...already over. :(

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 03 February 2015 - 05:55 AM.

#11 Potato Farmer

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:05 AM

Posted Image

It's official.

#12 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:06 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 03 February 2015 - 05:54 AM, said:

8 hours from now? 6 hours till end of work shift.

8 hours from 2 am...already over. :(

I know the frustration.

That was why I risked raising an alarm against my own Clan's effort to liberate Tukayyid, NO ONE should have missed this opportunity in my opinion.

Timing, in the last full Cycle prior to a major patch was unexpected by ANY who were following the map.

To ensure as full an Inner Sphere reaction as was possible, I started this thread less than an hour into the Oceanic Cycle and actually first posted it at 02:02am(EST.)

To me it was a question of gamer-Honor, and I would rather have given ALL gamers a chance to participate, rather than "go stealth" and get as many drops as possible in the dead of a North American night.

I hope at least a few gamers saw this thread and were able to get in a drop or four on Tukayyid tonight.

#13 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:09 AM

....I'm going to go get my ax.

#14 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:09 AM

View PostNoesis, on 03 February 2015 - 05:50 AM, said:

Congrats on Tukkayid, seems an anti-climactic event somehow.

Maybe Comguard will offer a challenge to the Clans on a different planet seeing as MWO CW is not following lore?

It could have made for an epic weekend competition to determine the battle for Tukkayid with various prizes and diary related cockpit items that could have been presented for such an infamous planet from lore from the Clans perspective.

Agreed.

Hopefully PGI will take note of your comment and suitably adjust MWO CW Launch. It wouldn't take much to set such a combat aside till the next weekend and then make it a unique combat spread through 48-hours (6-cycles.)

I too hope PGI adds some measure of distinction to future Battles for Tukayyid.

#15 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:11 AM

Heck I'd White Wash my Mechs just for that fight! ^_^

#16 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:16 AM

Maybe you shouldn't drop solo?

#17 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:21 AM

View PostBulbasaur ICHOOSEYOU, on 03 February 2015 - 06:05 AM, said:

Posted Image

It's official.

NONE can doubt the true martial prowess of the Team of Teams under Deadfire's sure and commanding presence.

I, Clan Smoke Jaguar's first (see reference below) 20th Level Smoke Jaguar, take note of the many and varied contributions made on behalf of Clan Smoke Jaguar by the stalwart and furiously tenacious gamers of 228, Let no one cast dispersions on the achievement of 228 this day. As indicated by the Good Bulbassaur ICHOOSEYOU, 228's achievement is FOREVER (at least in Beta) etched in the history of Tukayyid itself.

A job well done, gamers of 228.

While many contributed, none eclipsed the effort of your valiant and highly skilled collection of gaming enthusiasts this day.

REFERENCE: Twitter
Russ Bullock (@russ_bullock)
2/2/15, 4:03 PM
@StephenAStroble You might be the first one to hit level 20 in the whole game - grats

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 03 February 2015 - 06:34 AM.

#18 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 03 February 2015 - 06:21 AM, said:

NONE can doubt the true martial prowess of the Team of Teams under Deadfire's sure and commanding presence.

I, Clan Smoke Jaguar's first (see reference below) 20th Level Smoke Jaguar, take note of the many and varied contributions made on behalf of Clan Smoke Jaguar by the stalwart and furiously tenacious gamers of 228, Let no one cast dispersions on the achievement of 228 this day. As indicated by the Good Bulbassaur ICHOOSEYOU, 228's achievement is FOREVER (at least in Beta) etched in the history of Tukayyid itself.

A job well done, gamers of 228.

While many contributed, none eclipsed the effort of your valiant and highly skilled collection of gaming enthusiasts this day.

REFERENCE: Twitter
Russ Bullock (@russ_bullock)
2/2/15, 4:03 PM
@StephenAStroble You might be the first one to hit level 20 in the whole game - grats

All I needed to say was that I would have a Lore Aneurysm if they manged to get it and hold it till morning.

DAMN IT 228th

Lore is dead! (*crys*)

#19 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:08 AM

Surprisingly, Tukayyid is NOT one of the worlds the FRR can attempt to retake during the current Euro-cycle.

Interesting...

I would like for all CSJ Units to remain vigilant over Tukayyid's fate.

While 228 was principally responsible for the liberation of Tukayyid, many Inner Sphere attempts to once again subjugate the now free people of Tukayyid are highly likely.

Let ALL a Smoke Jaguars stand ready to defend what has now been liberated.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 03 February 2015 - 07:10 AM.

#20 Black Nationalist Gul Dukat

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:12 AM

I think two sectors were lost at some point, at least while I was playing (was in the first sector attack)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users