#41 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:23 AM

View PostAdamBaines, on 03 February 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

Wow, all of that from my little jab. Very sensitive today?. :-) Most of your response actually did not hit on the point of a barb was the Jaguars have a habit of being overly dramatic and florid in the way you speak. You only proved my point with your rambling and tangential response. I could careless about how you claimed the planet.

And as to my "lack of a faction", yea that is what happens when your contract runs out and have yet to accept another. Sure it will happen to you one day as well.

Do not get overly sensitive Jaguar.

"overly dramatic"...?

"florid speech"...?

Mea culpa! (http://en.m.wikipedi.../wiki/Mea_culpa - one should never cite Latin and not offer a translation!)

#42 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:34 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 03 February 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

"overly dramatic"...? "florid speech"...? Mea culpa! (http://en.m.wikipedi.../wiki/Mea_culpa - one should never cite Latin and not offer a translation!)

...le sigh...

#43 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:37 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 03 February 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

Please refer to post 28 above (as well as post 39 and 40 below), there you will find personal RFF testimonial confirming the battles for Sectors 1 through 9 were ALL contested drops.

I understand your pessimism however and trust this proof satisfies it.

Like I said, I think it's great that you guys took advantage of the broken algorithm and then stomped pugs in the weakest attack phase of CW. Sun Tzu would be proud. However, as a showcase of PvP skills, your conquest was a dud.

All this needed was an announcement in the SJ forums, and not the over-worded epeenery occurring in this thread. Unless that is SJ prides itself on stomping pugs, then by all means continue.

Posted Image

#44 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:59 AM

Pug drops would be greatly aided by a @60 ton mech with ECM to match the hellbringer. At the moment, as a pug drop leader you have to type commands, and I have lost several mechs while dispatching orders and updating the command map. I guess you could take 2 ecm atlas and 2 ecm locust, but that wouldnt be very useful in some combat scenarios.

Edited by MechregSurn, 03 February 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#45 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:17 AM

View PostNoesis, on 03 February 2015 - 08:52 AM, said:

Thats pretty much what I said in terms of not following lore above but that it could have been nice to have a competition for the benefit of MWO.

I have never been a champion of lore and have argued that MWO uses precidents not accurate re-enactments for MWO so I don't understand where you get this perception from? Maybe you want it to exist so that you have some point to prove when there perhaps isnt one other than confirming something I already said? Bizzare?

Even you seem to want to extole the idea of this being a "pivotal planet" from Battletech history and yet then argue it is seemingly now just another regular planet. Confuzzled?

Why would it be so hard simply to have a competition to help celebrate the battle for this planet as a community event? It would not be preventative of the idea of CSJ attacking it. This why seemingly from an MWO perspective we just treat it like any other planet then, nothing to see here, move on, literally nothing to see here?

Well once we are out of Beta i would love to see more of a reason to have a planet. Tukayyid could be a planet that has a special thing about it but then people would cry when a tough group held it and no one else got a chance to have it or contest for it.

Im not saying im against them having special merit but i dont see it going over well with the non competitive types. Maybe im wrong, i hope, but having all battles on Tukayyid be 30% cbill bost or something would be incentive enough i think. And make i worth owning it as it would be a lucrative Planet to defend. But i dont think it should be really any more special then any other planet. Just different which would curb people hand to keep it/fight over it. But since we are not going with lore im ok if we throw that out the window too.

These are all thing i would like to see come AFTER beta is finished though. For now, lets just work with the bugs we have! lol The fact that we could attack FRR from where we were is kinda weird in itself. But taking the planet and showing the bug may help down the road which is the real reason im glad we got it...same with Marik out there in the Kurita Black Hole.

View PostAdamBaines, on 03 February 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

Wow, all of that from my little jab. Very sensitive today?. :-) Most of your response actually did not hit on the point of a barb was the Jaguars have a habit of being overly dramatic and florid in the way you speak. You only proved my point with your rambling and tangential response. I could careless about how you claimed the planet.

And as to my "lack of a faction", yea that is what happens when your contract runs out and have yet to accept another. Sure it will happen to you one day as well.

Do not get overly sensitive Jaguar.

All of what? A semi-thought out, semi-constructive post? I'd rather type something half thought out with my time then just take little troll jabs. You still never answered my question or have a suggestion to fix the ghost drops. You just wanna take jabs at people for playing the game PGI made. Which doesn't make sense to me so I called you out on it. You still have yet to bring anything constructive to the conversation.

The poking fun at no faction was simply that, I understand how the game works and i know you more then likely just dont have a contract right now for whatever reason (Unit leader not on, Haven logged on, or just haven't bothered) but there is this thing called a Permanent Contract which I have with the Smoke Jags so I will actually never be without one! :P Unless I leave my unit...which i wont.

But again, if you have an issue with the Ghost drops make a suggestion of a better way.

PS. I am Clan Star Adder, not a Smoke Jag. :D

#46 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:26 AM

Clan Star Adder? :huh:

Oh! Clan "Not Appearing in this Game". Gotcha. :D

#47 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:43 AM

View PostbobF, on 03 February 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

Like I said, I think it's great that you guys took advantage of the broken algorithm and then stomped pugs in the weakest attack phase of CW. Sun Tzu would be proud. However, as a showcase of PvP skills, your conquest was a dud.

All this needed was an announcement in the SJ forums, and not the over-worded epeenery occurring in this thread. Unless that is SJ prides itself on stomping pugs, then by all means continue.

...(snip)...

CSJ liberated Tukayyid, nothing will lessen that.

All you are accomplishing in your posts here are to continuously show your arrogant disregard for the FRR gamers and their Inner Sphere Common Defense Allies who attempted to defend Tukayyid.

I choose to instead honor those who actually participated.

Great games and much fun was had by ALL participating in the Battle for Tukayyid.

#48 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:26 PM

Not too unexpected that we couldn't hold Tukayyid. Despite nerfs and quirks, there is still an overall tech advantage for the Clans. The competitive teams know this and have by and large all gone Clan to get a competitive advantage. This gives us one side with bigger groups, better players and better tech.

Perhaps Russ should get off his high horse and consider giving a respawn and weight advantage to the IS?!?

#49 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 03 February 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

But again, if you have an issue with the Ghost drops make a suggestion of a better way. PS. I am Clan Star Adder, not a Smoke Jag. :D

What is it with you and talking to me about ghost drops? You obviously do not read my posts.

Good day sir.....

#50 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 03 February 2015 - 11:43 AM, said:

CSJ liberated Tukayyid, nothing will lessen that.

Mercs with a temp faction contract liberated Tukayyid while most of the First World was sleeping or working. Again, grats on your "accomplishment."

#51 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:35 PM

PGI kinda missed the boat on this one. You have all the power in the game to make an all day community event like this and use the lore to your advantage...

#52 Black Nationalist Gul Dukat

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:53 PM

I got nothing but respect for FRR to be honest, generally those players who chose to go down that path knew that's what they were getting into.

Spares me the whining, tears and gnashing of teeth of *certain factions* and their plot armor and "lore guarantees."

EDIT: Who am I kidding I signed on explicitly to export "Ghost tears" beyond a certain "dominion"

All hail the Smoke Jaguar Dominion.

Edited by Black Nationalist Gul Dukat, 03 February 2015 - 01:55 PM.

#53 Black Nationalist Gul Dukat

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:56 PM

Posted Image

#54 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:02 PM

View PostbobF, on 03 February 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

Mercs with a temp faction contract liberated Tukayyid while most of the First World was sleeping or working. Again, grats on your "accomplishment."

228 is a Comp Unit that possesses multiple 12-man capability.

They are currently under their second consecutive 14-day contract.

The incomparable gamers of 228 EARNED each and every "Win Counter" that allowed them to TAG the formerly RFF world of Tukayyid for Clan Smoke Jaguar.

...yeah...

...I can EASILY live with each and every one of those FACTS.

#55 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostSaxie, on 03 February 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

PGI kinda missed the boat on this one. You have all the power in the game to make an all day community event like this and use the lore to your advantage...

I agree, and if enough of us submit yet ANOTHER Support Ticket requesting just such a change, THIS should only end up being a "BETA" missed opportunity.

Have you sent in a Support Ticket on this topic?

If yes, good job!

If no... you'll only have yourself to blame if LAUNCH doesn't take into account your preferences as you'd have not made them known. MWO has neither the time nor the interest to read the many thousands of posts to these forums each day.

#56 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 03 February 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

...I can EASILY live with each and every one of those FACTS.

All well and good, but the masses should be fully informed, by a duly noted representative of Cynicism and Reality. The PvP involved with taking it was a token gesture of combat (like during some backwater cap in the NA attack phase), when it should've surpassed the Wazan death toll.

I'm jus sayin.

#57 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:19 PM

View PostbobF, on 03 February 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

All well and good, but the masses should be fully informed, by a duly noted representative of Cynicism and Reality. The PvP involved with taking it was a token gesture of combat (like during some backwater cap in the NA attack phase), when it should've surpassed the Wazan death toll.

I'm jus sayin.

You sound buttmad

Just sayin.

#58 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:25 PM

View PostSaxie, on 03 February 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

We are still in BETA you know....

#59 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:06 PM

View PostJonathan Paine, on 03 February 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Not too unexpected that we couldn't hold Tukayyid. Despite nerfs and quirks, there is still an overall tech advantage for the Clans. The competitive teams know this and have by and large all gone Clan to get a competitive advantage. This gives us one side with bigger groups, better players and better tech.

Perhaps Russ should get off his high horse and consider giving a respawn and weight advantage to the IS?!?

While a #MapReset and #UnhingedWeightLimits would help level the playing field, what is REALLY needed is the next (I hope!) Com Guard Mech Package (Mauler, Black Knight, a Medium and Light) sufficiently quirked to compete sufficiently with the Dire Wolf and Timberwolf, at least in my opinion.

I would greatly value adding these Mechs to my collection, piloting them in Public Queue and then fighting against their stiff competition in Community Warfare.

Which Medium and Light Mechs should be included in a Com Guard Package?

#60 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:09 PM

View PostbobF, on 03 February 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

I'm jus sayin.

Finally... aff.

A valuable but missed opportunity. One can only hope PGI is taking notes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users